Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? (13042 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / How Well Do You Know Your Engine? Which Is Your Cylinder #1, 4 Or 6? / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Jusome: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
i discovered my car's hand brake z 4 d back tires
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
I have a 2007 Red Camry....which I wanted to sell earlier but changed my mind. I can see the cruise control, but i haven't discovered how to set it. I discovered how to double accelerate to turn on the turbo(only on Interstate roads though). I also discovered it has a 3.0mm Audio jack hidden under my dashboard. I used to buy lots of CDs but now my ipod nano does it all for me. It sucks how Nairaland wouldn't let me upload my car pictures. Entity too large according to their error message.
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
UncleDumo: I have a 2007 Red Camry....which I wanted to sell earlier but changed my mind. I can see the cruise control, but i haven't discovered how to set it. I discovered how to double accelerate to turn on the turbo(only on Interstate roads though). I also discovered it has a 3.0mm Audio jack hidden under my dashboard. I used to buy lots of CDs but now my ipod nano does it all for me. It sucks how Nairaland wouldn't let me upload my car pictures. Entity too large according to their error message.

I'd like to believe this is a joke. Because your Toyota Camry isn't turbocharged.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Pakavy(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
Just realized dat my civic uk turns head cos it is made of silver
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Revolva(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
But I see no reason why mods should keep hiding posts - when the OP fed us the lie of the century - motor wey dey receive n send sms hey!!! Boli ton gbono
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Revolva: But I see no reason why mods should keep hiding posts - when the OP fed us the lie of the century - motor wey dey receive n send sms hey!!! Boli ton gbono

Lots of modern cars, with SatNav, 7" color screen AND integrated Bluetooth, and built-in SIM card slot WILL display text on the screen. Some have the option of voice read-out. The Audi Navigation Plus, running RNS-E will display your text messages from a paired phone, if the SMS are received while the phone is IN THE CAR. Mine does, though no voice read out in my car. However, the new generation RNS-E in current Audis DOES read out SMS messages!

So sometimes, it pays to do research, rather than hurl abuse. I think Wallie deserves an apology, but we know that won't happen, because the average Nigerian hates to admit he / she was wrong. Too big to say sorry.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Caponi: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2012
my car had an added accessory which warms d engine at nite, i discovered it after one week , it makes a humming noise, some kind of heating device.
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by hardywaltz(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Siena:

Lots of modern cars, with SatNav, 7" color screen AND integrated Bluetooth, and built-in SIM card slot WILL display text on the screen. Some have the option of voice read-out. The Audi Navigation Plus, running RNS-E will display your text messages from a paired phone, if the SMS are received while the phone is IN THE CAR. Mine does, though no voice read out in my car. However, the new generation RNS-E in current Audis DOES read out SMS messages!

So sometimes, it pays to do research, rather than hurl abuse. I think Wallie deserves an apology, but we know that won't happen, because the average Nigerian hates to admit he / she was wrong. Too big to say sorry.
But the Op didn't state the exact car he was talking about. I guess that why this thread was quickly reduced to a joke.
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2012
hardywaltz:
But the Op didn't state the exact car he was talking about. I guess that why this thread was quickly reduced to a joke.

Your post suggests there was doubt on the part of lots of posters here. So if there's doubt, smart people do the sensible thing - ask questions! Or go as far as using Google or any other search engine. The same means they had to insult the poster could have been employed to do a little basic research.
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by FindOut(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
Siena:

Your post suggests there was doubt on the part of lots of posters here. So if there's doubt, smart people do the sensible thing - ask questions! Or go as far as using Google or any other search engine. The same means they had to insult the poster could have been employed to do a little basic research.

I've always said it that Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria. What you see on Nairaland can point you in the direction for the major cause(s) of Nigeria's problem today. Things we are supposed to take serious, we joke with, things we are supposed to take in our stride, non-issues, we give relevance. Those things that are of real benefit to us, we laugh off, & outrightly reject. Its the reason we are stuck with some of the worst set of leaders in the world, and even while development continues to be farther from us with each passing day, we continue cheering the leaders on.

Rubbish.

Able Moderator Ikenna sir, i humbly submit that you please allow some threads to remain here in the car section for enough contributions from the enthusiasts before recommending they be moved to the FP. If you've been doing this before, then by all means, please continue the practice

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Wallie(m): 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
Here's a picture of the feature from the online version of the manual.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by ogtavia(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
deejay_harry1: Just discovered tht my car has an automatic version
do u drive a tipper?
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by dramendra: 2:52am On Feb 12, 2013
What is nairaland turning into? Someone discovered something ane everyone is now making all sort of rubbish comment? Must you write when you know your comment is a waste?
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by yungboss(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2013
dramendra: What is nairaland turning into? Someone discovered something ane everyone is now making all sort of rubbish comment? Must you write when you know your comment is a waste?
dramendra,
this is a big problem here...some sane Nigerians are almost retards by default...you will need an extra encounter to restore sanity to their state of mind in most instances.
Why make worthless inputs when you are lost about certain topics...it's a problem without a forseeable solution.
My e36 320i amazes me sometimes because of the technology embedded in the car, given its age- 20years now!
Its got onboard computer that tells you:
1. your oil needs to be changed
2. Range- estimated distance the fuel can cover
3. External Temperature
4. State of your lamps (tail light fail, headlamp fail etc)
5. You can disengage the engine by setting a code by yourself (input password on the dash instantaneously)
6. Inherent alarm
7. Set speed limit
8. Clock alarm
9. Auto wiper wash, speed sensing wiper
10. Coolant level indicator
11. Consumption display in L/100km or MPG
12. Change the onboard language from german to English
13. Easy to use Cruise control
14. Headlamps adjuster
15. Timer/stop-watch
16. Calculates average speed
17. Apart from the instrument cluster trip meter, distance can be measured by settings in km or miles on the computer display
18. Different drive settings like 'winter' ''economy' and 'sports'
i am yet t o discover everything else...
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by yungboss(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2013
dramendra: What is nairaland turning into? Someone discovered something ane everyone is now making all sort of rubbish comment? Must you write when you know your comment is a waste?
dramendra,
this is a big problem here...some sane Nigerians are almost retards by default...you will need an extra encounter to restore sanity to their state of mind in most instances.
Why make worthless inputs when you are lost about certain topics...it's a problem without a forseeable solution here.
My e36 320i amazes me sometimes because of the technology embedded in the car, given its age- 20years now!
Its got onboard computer that does the following:
1. Tells you your oil needs to be changed
2. Tells Range- estimated distance the fuel can cover
3. Tells External Temperature
4. Tells the State of your lamps (tail light fail, headlamp fail etc)
5. Enables You to disengage the engine by setting a code by yourself (input password on the dash instantaneously)
6. Inherent alarm
7. Input your desired speed limit
8. You can set the clock alarm
9. Auto wiper wash, speed sensing wiper
10. Coolant level indicator
11. Consumption display in L/100km or MPG
12. Ability to change the onboard language from german to English and vice versa...and to many other languages too
13. Has Easy to use Cruise control
14. Has Headlamps adjuster
15. Has Timer/stop-watch (you can know you 0-60)
16. Calculates average speed
17. Apart from the instrument cluster trip meter, distance can be measured by settings in km or miles on the computer display
18. Different drive settings like 'winter' ''economy' and 'sports'
i am yet t o discover everything else...
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by ivoryhouse(m): 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
Revolva: But I see no reason why mods should keep hiding posts - when the OP fed us the lie of the century - motor wey dey receive n send sms hey!!! Boli ton gbono

What is a lie about that? Go to any car site and check out some cars: infinity fx35, fx56, maybe even infinity rx series, bmw, benz, alot of cars read sms and do a lot of interesting things. If I were in your shoes, I'd google bew concepts before throwing them out as lies! dont display your ignorance and make a fool of yourself!
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by ivoryhouse(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2013

What is a lie about that? Go to any car site and check out some cars: infinity fx35, fx56, maybe even infinity rx series, bmw, benz, alot of cars read sms and do a lot of interesting things. If I were in your shoes, I'd google bew concepts before throwing them out as lies! dont display your ignorance and make a fool of yourself! I hope you dont feel insulted, thats not my intention
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Just discovered my car is a mercedes benz
Re: Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? by datola: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
I discovered that my Toyota Camry 96 model ( called Orobo in Naija) could start remotely. I accidentally discovered this while playing with the remote: by pressing down the open and lock button at the same time. I later saw it where it was inscribed on the car that the car was installed with remote start technology.

I was very surprised of a old car as 96 Camry XLE could have such feature.

@ Op, nice one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Fees Charged By Driving Schools / Things To Have In Mind As A New Car Owner. / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.