Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show (1975 Views)

Guru Maharaj-Ji At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photos) / Joel Osteen Teaching Witchcraft On Oprah / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On Dec 05, 2014
Controversial Author Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self-Help Guru on Oprah Winfrey Network
December 3, 2014 | Filed under: Apostasy,Life & Society,Top Stories | By: Heather Clark

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The former head “pastor” of Michigan’s Mars Hill Bible Church and author of “Love Wins,” a book questioning the orthodox Christian view of Hell, is set to debut his own self-help television talk show this month on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), a move that may raise additional concerns about the already controversial speaker.

“The Rob Bell Show” featuring the former spiritual leader comes on the heels of Bell’s appearance at Winfrey’s “Life You Want” tour, which also featured speakers like New Age guru Deepak Chopra.

“Considered to be one of America’s most influential and progressive spiritual leaders, New York Times best-selling author Rob Bell shines a bright light on the topics we most want to talk about but often don’t know how to even approach,” a description of the broadcast reads. “Through riveting conversations with a live audience, and by incorporating creative on-camera storytelling, Rob—as only he can—explores themes such as owning your story and wonder and awe.”

In March 2013, in making a return visit to the Michigan church he founded over a decade ago, Bell announced the making of the new program.

“We want to talk about the things that matter most,” Bell told the congregation of Mars Hill Bible Church. “We want to talk about our brokenness and our struggle. We want to be inspired. We want to hear stories.”

“I want to take elements of this, what you’re experiencing here,” he said. “I want to put it all in a blender, and throw in a little ‘Lost,’ maybe some TED Talk and maybe some Letterman and do something that’s never been done before.”

Connect with Christian News

Some state that the program will focus less on theology and Bible teaching and more on self-help topics. Bell had appeared on Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday in September of last year to discuss his book “What We Talk About When We Talk About God,” a broadcast in which Bell “explor[ed] themes and issues including happiness, personal fulfillment, wellness, spirituality and conscious living.”

Winfrey praised Bell in a post on her website, entitled “What Oprah Knows for Sure About Spirituality.”

“When Rob Bell—pastor, best-selling author, provocative thinker—recently joined me on the show, we talked for two and a half hours, and I could have kept going,” she wrote. “The ideas Rob sets forth in his books Love Wins and What We Talk About When We Talk About God opened my heart and my mind. People like him are the reason I set out to build OWN in the first place: to be able to gather a global community of like-minded seekers.”

Bell had left Mars Hill in 2011 shortly after releasing his book “Love Wins,” which was criticized by many for its universalistic teachings that claimed the majority of Christian doctrine on Hell is “misguided and toxic.” However, he asserts that his departure had nothing to do with controversy over the book. Bell relocated to Los Angeles and recently told reporters that he no longer attends a Sunday assembly, but rather meets with others in his own way.

“We have a little tribe of friends,” he said. “We have a group that we are journeying with. There’s no building. We’re churching all the time. It’s more of a verb for us.”

However, he said that he is not against church fellowships.

“Churches can be places that help people grow and help people connect with others and help people connect with the great issues of our day,” Bell said. “They can also be toxic, black holes of despair. My thinking is, it depends on where you are in your life. One of the most extraordinary things I’ve done since I left Mars Hill is be with people and engage with people who would never step foot in a church.”

In addition to raising controversy over his teachings about Hell, Bell drew criticism last year when he came out in support of same-sex “marriage.”

“I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it’s a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man,” he said. “I think the ship has sailed and I think the church needs—I think this is the world we are living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are.”

Bell likewise opined that many evangelicals can no longer be classified as conservatives because their beliefs have changed with the times.

“I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn’t work. … You sort of die or you adapt,” he asserted. “And we have supported policies and ways of viewing the world that are actually destructive. And we’ve done it in the name of God and we need to repent.”

In light of his controversial views, some have said that Bell is leading many down a dark and destructive path.

“Plain and simple, Rob Bell’s teachings are not true to the words of Scripture,” Eric Ludy, pastor of Church at Ellerslie and president of Ellerslie Mission Society in Windsor, Colorado told Christian News Network. “They are a sly attempt at blending the philosophies of our post-modern age with the vernacular of pop-Christianity. The end product is highly dangerous to the human soul because it is the forging of a golden calf god—a God of our culture’s making—and certainly not the God of the Bible.”

Source ==> http://christiannews.net/2014/12/03/controversial-author-rob-bell-who-questioned-hell-turns-self-help-guru-on-oprah-winfrey-network/
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
By their fruits you shall know them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
^^^

With more hypocrites like you, the devil can have a holiday.

Keep doing his work and bidding with all your cult's false doctrines and worship of MAN....

wink
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
frosbel:

^^^

Keep doing his work and bidding with all your cult's false doctrines and worship of MAN....

wink

Are you denying Rob Bell?

1 Like

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you denying Rob Bell?

Rob Bell told the truth, something you haven't been able to do even with you white man Jesus looking over your right shoulder.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

Rob Bell told the truth, something you haven't been able to do even with you white man Jesus looking over your right shoulder.

Any sincere seeker of the truth should beware when an atheist is saying an heretic "told the truth". shocked

1 Like

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Any sincere seeker of the truth should beware when an atheist is saying an heretic "told the truth". shocked

You're an atheist too. Do you believe that Allah is God and Mohammed is his prophet?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

You're an atheist too. Do you believe that Allah is God and Mohammed is his prophet?

I believe Allah is the God of the Muslims and Mohammad is his prophet. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I believe Allah is the God of the Muslims and Mohammad is his prophet. Do you believe in the supernatural?

Allah is not the God of Muslims. He's your creator. Do you believe in your creator Allah and his prophet Mohammed?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

Allah is not the God of Muslims. He's your creator. Do you believe in your creator Allah and his prophet Mohammed?

Proclaim the bolded when next you visit an Islamic community and see whether you will come back in one piece. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Proclaim the bolded when next you visit an Islamic community and see whether you will come back in one piece. shocked

Allah is not only the Muslim God, he's your creator. He created everything. You're currently worshipping an idol but Allah is merciful.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

Allah is not only the Muslim God, he's your creator. He created everything. You're currently worshipping an idol but Allah is merciful.

That is beside the point. Do you believe that there is a Creator God?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Yooguyz: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
frosbel:
^^^

wink

Which one is your own na?

@Oladegbu, I agree with you 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That is beside the point. Do you believe that there is a Creator God?

Allah is your creator and Mohammed is his prophet. My beliefs have nothing to do with that FACT.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

Allah is your creator and Mohammed is his prophet. My beliefs have nothing to do with that FACT

It is true that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah, I didn't know you not only believed it but also strongly assert the "FACT" shocked
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yooguyz:

Which one is your own na?

@Oladegbu, I agree with you 100%.

Frosbel and PastorKuns must show up whenever we expose their mentors. cheesy
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Weah96: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It is true that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah, I didn't know you not only believed it but also strongly assert the "FACT" shocked

Do you disagree that Allah created you and Mohammed was his prophet?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Frosbel and PastorKuns must show up whenever we expose their mentors. cheesy
so those deluded goons have mentors in ministry yet they will come here pretending? Hypocrites. angry

2 Likes

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weah96:

Do you disagree that Allah created you and Mohammed was his prophet?

I agree that Mohammad is the prophet of Allah, what about you? undecided
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
Bidam:

so those deluded goons have mentors in ministry yet they will come here pretending? Hypocrites. angry

It is clear that they spread the same filth that comes from Rob Bell.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2014
Where are the likes of PastorKuns and frosbel to come and defend their mentor, Rob Bell? or are you ashamed of him?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

By their fruits you shall know them.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" (see Matthew 7:15-20).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Can anyone identify the similarities between the doctrines of Rob Bell and frosbel's? Both propagate doctrines from the pit of hell.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Can anyone identify the similarities between the doctrines of Rob Bell and frosbel's? Both propagate doctrines from the pit of hell.

a non-existent hell of course - cool
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Where are the likes of PastorKuns and frosbel to come and defend their mentor, Rob Bell? or are you ashamed of him?

The difference between me and you is that you have the herd mentality, brainwashed to think only in one direction by your god MOG and refusing to rightly divide the word of God. After all your pope Kumuiyi is infallible , he cannot be wrong on bible doctrine, not now , not ever, right ?

Religious Pharisaical hypocrites , that's what you people are.

Use your brain for once and let us rejoice, don't allow another man think for you.
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
frosbel:

a non-existent hell of course - cool

In your mind. Is that why you are fros-bel and your mentor rob-bell?
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
frosbel:

The difference between me and you is that you have the herd mentality, brainwashed to think only in one direction by your god MOG and refusing to rightly divide the word of God. After all your pope Kumuiyi is infallible , he cannot be wrong on bible doctrine, not now , not ever, right ?

Religious Pharisaical hypocrites , that's what you people are.

Use your brain for once and let us rejoice, don't allow another man think for you.

The bible warns us to beware of your likes who rely on their brains instead of on the Word of God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The bible warns us to beware of your likes who rely on their brains instead of on the Word of God.

Okay,thanks.

God gave us brains for decoration, lol. grin

You need to go and buy this product :

[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2012/09/brainwash.gif?w=316[/img]

1 Like

Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by Anomnity: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Bros Olaadegbu,I like the way you always beat that joker to pieces whenever he surfaces with his puppet surbordinates.It reminds me of how Christ after beating the devil to pieces declared "it is finished".
Re: Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Anomnity:

Bros Olaadegbu,I like the way you always beat that joker to pieces whenever he surfaces with his puppet surbordinates.It reminds me of how Christ after beating the devil to pieces declared "it is finished".

May the Good Lord continue to expose and expel them whenever they crawl out of the woodworks to spit their venoms. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Presents 5 Nights Of Glory. Plan To Attend. From 18th Jan / Evidence (or Lack Thereof) For Jesus Christ / Pastor Caught Trying To Rub Oil On A Girl's Privates During Deliverance (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.