Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

"We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu (1743 Views)

Remembering The Bauchi Corpers Killed During 2011 Presidential Election / Why Did Buhari Cried During 2011 Election? / Acn 2011 Presidential Primarie Is Live On Tvc @ Onikan Stadium Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
"We (ACN) helped GEJ during 2011 Presidential election, Tinubu

‘2015: We Shall RescueOur People From Misrule’ NOW, let’s share your vision on 2015; in 2011, the story was that you helped PDP to secure Lagos and Southwest’s huge votes, minus Osun State. What are we likely to see, especially now that you are discussing with the CPC and others?That alliance will flourish; we have learnt our lessons. We helped Jonathan, but he has let us down. Show me what he has done. Some people are even accusing us, myself in particular, that we collected money from him. Not a dime was collected from Jonathan.So you didn’t collect N50 billion?For what? Where was it? I say, no; let them prove their allegations. It is part of the cynicism in Nigeria, and the pack of lies. People will not take the blame for their failures.What happened then was that we were negotiating —- we the opposition. What they wanted from us was something like this; that I walked down to a negotiation on my two feet, and sat at the table like I’m sitting with you now, and you want to amputate my two feet, and you won’t provide me with even a wheel chair. That was my question, and IBB was there listening to that analogy. Aliyu Gusau was there; even Atiku was there; Buhari too was there. If they had given away the position of running mate, I am not saying I must be the one, but what do we have? If you get your party into power, and you take our platform, if we cannot use this common platform to get you there, then, what do we have? That was the ACN-CPC (alliance talks).And the ACN was a larger party…If we were not to take the presidency, despite being larger, and we were not to take vice president, then our platform must be the one on which you stand to contest. I mean, what is compromise for? All of that, people took it personal, but it just didn’t work. Now we have reset the clock and we have started again. This time, both parties, and all parties have learnt their lessons — not just CPC, but also ANPP and the ACN; we have learnt our lessons.We thought you were going to take us to your meeting with the President before the sweeping of the Southwest by the PDP…I didn’t take a penny from him, and whoever insinuates that is just an assassin, whether it is of character or whatever; you can call him a liar. Nigeria is full of allegations.But did you plan to support President Jonathan in 2011?In 2011, after the collapse of the alliance, we just said, ‘unto your own tents, oh Israel.’ Do whatever you want to do; alliance has broken down, and it was either we create a stalemate by putting our resources into an election that we knew we were going to lose or we use our resources to defend our homes, our governors. There must be rational priorities in the deployment of resources, both human and material. I don’t think people understand the strategy.But you were taking Nuhu Ribadu round the whole country, and money was being spent on his campaign, so it was a joke?They had put it out on the Internet that Ribadu had withdrawn for Buhari; is that not clear? They had gotten the electorate to abandon him during the negotiation... and people have forgotten that. I am a political calculus; where do I want to invest the resources, in an ambition that you had truncated? It is not possible for me to then use the resources to create opportunity for a stalemate, from which my party will not benefit? I had done it before, I had protected Lagos for Atiku, and we have taken that, and learnt a lesson in 2007. If the southwest is taken away for the PDP and the CPC, I have no benefit. There is no return on that, but ego servicing; you just service your ego, that is all. You cannot become president or part of a run-off; the PDP is larger. That means you play a ‘Catch 22’ game that you don’t need to play, and you will be deploying resources two times for nothing. My financial sense doesn’t teach me that. It says I should cut my losses, minimise them, and deploy those resources to defend the return on investment, and it worked.So it was a purely financial consideration?Obviously; what else is remaining? The political power is gone, and will be gone, and more exertion in the race would have created a re-run, by preventing Jonathan from having two-third. The risk factor was high and people didn’t want to stay idle, and they went and voted for him, and he still got two-third. Then I will pay agents on behalf of nothing and for nothing?But in all of that, you showed some sympathy for Jonathan…It is about constitutional democracy; the sympathy was wholesale and wholesome for him because of the way the PDP handled the transition, you cannot deny that; that is pragmatic evaluation.And you say he has lost that now?Oh, that sympathy is gone; he didn’t perform. He didn’t perform on the economy and national security. He himself is caged in the Villa; to celebrate anniversary or national parade, it is within the premises of the Villa. He cannot even come to Eagle Square. If you cannot protect yourself, you have condemned the rest of us to death. (Guardian Newspaper)
1Like · · Share

2 Likes

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Akanbiedu(m): 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Political calculus. LMAO.

#Let me check the source first#
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by takedat(m): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
Tinubu may be dubious in character but one cannot challenge his intelligence.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
?
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by taharqa: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
Wondaful! So Buhari sat down with IBB, Atiku, Gusua and even Tinubu to make political deals in other to get Power- d very people that he has been saying are thiefs and destroyd Nigeria; he sat down with 'thiefs' cos he wantd power, ha kai?... By d way, isnt IBB, Atiku and Gusau supposed to be PDP membas, then and even Now? Oh i forgot, they are NORTHERNERS who vowd that they were going to do everything possible to prevent GEJ from becoming President, and that if he becomes President, were going to make the country ungovernable for him. They collaboratd with oda northerners b4 the electns to fulfil promise 1 (it faild woefully), and are still collaborating with them and odas (esp controllers of d Western media propaganda) to fulfil d 2nd promise (ongoing)..... Lets see where all these wud lead us; didnt smone predict Nigeria wud break by 2015?

2 Likes

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by lacasa: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
taharqa: Wondaful! So Buhari sat down with IBB, Atiku, Gusua and even Tinubu to make political deals in other to get Power- d very people that he has been saying are thiefs and destroyd Nigeria; he sat down with 'thiefs' cos he wantd power, ha kai?... By d way, isnt IBB, Atiku and Gusau supposed to be PDP membas, then and even Now? Oh i forgot, they are NORTHERNERS who vowd that they were going to do everything possible to prevent GEJ from becoming President, and that if he becomes President, were going to make the country ungovernable for him. They collaboratd with oda northerners b4 the electns to fulfil promise 1 (it faild woefully), and are still collaborating with them and odas (esp controllers of d Western media propaganda) to fulfil d 2nd promise (ongoing)..... Lets see where all these wud lead us; didnt smone predict Nigeria wud break by 2015?

Ɣou F.O.O.L

It was Sani Kaita (a PDP stalwart) who said "the country will be ungovernable" fσr GEJ, & not northerners.

And he said ​ so​ after the party shunned the pre-agreed zoning fσr GEJ

3 Likes

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Dainfamous: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
ACN are confuse bunch,2015 will be hectic
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Gbawe: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣou F.O.O.L

It was Sani Kaita (a PDP stalwart) who said "the country will be ungovernable" fσr GEJ, & not northerners.

My guy, I don't know why folks continue to fall for the mischief of the OP. I can only conclude many Nairalanders are very easy to 'wind up'. OP is well known here for submitting the alleged utterances of others and then conveniently leaving out a link that can show the authenticity of his 'quoted' submission.

@OP. Provide the link for your 'article' and show you are not a deviant mischief-maker.

1 Like

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by patimore: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Love him or hate him, Tinubu is a master mind.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by GARRIx7(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
POL 412...... Tinubu is smart!!!
Gbawe:

My guy, I don't know why folks continue to fall for the mischief of the OP. I can only conclude many Nairalanders are very easy to 'wind up'. OP is well known here for submitting the alleged utterances of others and then conveniently leaving out a link that can show the authenticity of his 'quoted' submission.

@OP. Provide the link for your 'article' and show you are not a deviant mischief-maker.
I'm trying not to call the OP a BASTARD... Oh God, Please help me....!!!
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
GARRI (x7):

The guy, on many occasions, simply makes thing up as he goes along and supposedly educated men are hyperventilating to the unproven submissions of others which is unadulterated mischief in most cases. The clue is how he continues to post here without providing links despite being made aware of the need to do this on several occasions.

Take any sequence of words in OP's article and google it. The only direct hit is this thread. Why?

Try using those supplied below and note the first direct hit:

"We (ACN) helped GEJ during 2011 Presidential election, Tinubu"

"This time, both parties, and all parties have learnt their lessons — not just CPC, but also ANPP and the ACN"

"If you get your party into power, and you take our platform, if we cannot use this common platform to get you there, then, what do we have?"
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by danjohn: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Where is the link?
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
@gbawe,lol. Why you they vex or hot? Check guidian of today for source
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Akanbiedu(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
bilms: @gbawe,lol. Why you they vex or hot? Check guidian of today for source

I checked, I no get am. Please link us up.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by taharqa: 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣou F.O.O.L

See dis illi! So Sani Keita is a southerner abi? Adamu Ciroma also made statements in that regard, and both Ciroma and Keita were linchpins in d Northern Political Group which they formd in 2010 and on behalf of which they were speaking. IBB, Atiku and Gusua were membas of this group; while Buba Galadima who is the closet confidant of Buhari made even more acidic statements in April dis year, excluding d one he has been allegd to hv said previous. Look tru d article again and see d names of the 'Congregates' there
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by BeraBera(f): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lies!!! How could you have helped the presidential candidate of another party when your own party has a flag bearer? Or you didn't want your party's flag bearer to win?
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by BeraBera(f): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
But on a more serious note, Abdulsalami Abubakar did not open the way for Democracy for politicians to be dragging power as if it's their birthright. The affairs of the citizenry has to be d driving force
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Gbawe: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
bilms: @gbawe,lol. Why you they vex or hot? Check guidian of today for source

because you chat crap and dumb this forum down with your 'articles' that sound like market women gossip and never have verifiable link.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by FrankC3: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣou F.O.O.L

Guy na war for you oh! You even dey call the guy fool sef... I thought Sani Kaita was the guy that won us a red card during one of our world cup games against Greece? Never knew he is a PDP stalwart too..lol
For the records, it is Lawal Kaita also said around March this year that Nigeria will divide if power does not come back to the NORTH. His primary constituency has never been in doubt. He flaunts his North first philosophy is all his interviews and is not a new face.

1 Like

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by takedat(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
Frank-C:

Guy na war for you oh! You even dey call the guy fool sef... I thought Sani Kaita was the guy that won us a red card during one of our world cup games against Greece? Never knew he is a PDP stalwart too..lol
For the records, it is Lawal Kaita also said around March this year that Nigeria will divide if power does not come back to the NORTH. His primary constituency has never been in doubt. He flaunts his North first philosophy is all his interviews and is not a new face.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by 1025: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
GARRI (x7):
POL 412...... Tinubu is smart!!!

uncle, between u and the OP, we know who the bastard here is. no matter what happens, nigerians are learning by the day. whether we like it or not, nigeria is a war torn country and in war times like this, propaganda is a tool and any weapon even those of mass destruction is need to remove this vampires(pdp) from govt for nigeria to move forward.
nigerians must unite to unseat these blood suckers called pdp that has no single agenda.
it is a shame that ppl still believe in pdp.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by GARRIx7(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
1025:

uncle, between u and the OP, we know who the bastard here is. no matter what happens, nigerians are learning by the day. whether we like it or not, nigeria is a war torn country and in war times like this, propaganda is a tool and any weapon even those of mass destruction is need to remove this vampires(pdp) from govt for nigeria to move forward.
nigerians must unite to unseat these blood suckers called pdp that has no single agenda.
it is a shame that ppl still believe in pdp.

And what's this f00l saying

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2012
it is on guidian news paper,it may not necessarily be online. Not all news paper content are online.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by ACM10: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2012
I thought that ACN had Ribadu as their presidential flagbearer? Why dump their party's candidate in favour of someone in another paty? undecided
These people are not trustworthy enough to play politics with.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by peckhamboi: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2012
bilms: it is on guidian news paper,it may not necessarily be online. Not all news paper content are online.

The OP is the same bastard who wrote the article that Ajimobi's wife was arrested in London. He is a son of a b....

1 Like

Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Myself2(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2012
Tinubu's time is up.His fiefdom has started shrinking and will shrink even further in coming elections.ACN or whatever name they decide to bear after now,will lose more states in the South West
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
@Peck,watch your mouth or watch your keyboard..lol
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by GARRIx7(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
bilms: @Peck,watch your mouth or watch your keyboard..lol
Everybody now knows YOU ARE A SERPENT....

Meanwhile, ur spelling SUCKS..... undecided undecided undecided
bilms: it is on guidian[quote author=bilms]it is on guidian news paper,it may not necessarily be online. Not all [b]news paper[/b]content are online.
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by bilms(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
how is that a problem? get the news paper not sit on the system..lol
Re: "We (ACN) Helped GEJ During 2011 Presidential Election-tinubu by Elueme: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
First I will appreciate a source to this article. However, I am not surprised, Tinubu has been so braggadocious.. He was only explaining away the last election, in line with his usual delusion of thinking that every electorate in the south west obeys his command as dogs do to their masters calls. He has forgotten that the Igbo and south south population in Lagos for instance out numbers Yoruba faithfuls, not to talk of the influence of religion. I thought the ondo election must have humbled him but I can see that the leopard never changes it's spots.. Well, 2015 is around te corners, the dogs will know their owners.. Let them merge. I pray greed let them succeed this time, it will be great for the polity so some people will finally know that there are strong and stronger men.

(1) (Reply)

The Crave For Mega City / Genesis Of The Rivers House Of Assembly Crises / Anambra, Open Your Eyes. GEJ Has Come With His Shoeless Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.