Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! (1932 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / I Kissed A Friend Accidentally Now I Feel Guilty / When She Calls Out Your Bestfriend's Name During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by geekybabe(f): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
my bestfriend is the closest person to me and i love him very much but we are not dating, though everyone seems to think we are good together. we have been friends for 5 years now and there is nothing that we dont know about each other. we talk, gist play and are even classmates. we sit together in class, and hangout very often (watching movies, going for shows etc..). In the past few months, we started kissing (bad idea) and it was really cool for me because he was the first person to ever kiss me and stir such emotions in me (though somewhere in my sixth sense) i knew kissing my bestfriend was a very wrong idea.

we've both talked about dating and he told me he still wants more time. recently he told me about a girl and that he is thinking of getting serious with her. he told me and asked for my opinion about it, and i told him to be sure he really needed a gf. 4 weeks after (though he claims not to be dating her yet), her pictures have filled his phone, his wallpaper, he is always chatting with her on whatsapp, and they talk for at least 1hr per day (mtn free credit).

i feel i could still be the best friend, but i cant. i feel hurt that he is telling all of our other friends that he really likes me and he's just waiting for the right time, but he is stalking his phone with another girls pictures.

i have been avoiding him for over a month now, and there has been no kissing. recently i fell sick, he came over to my room, and he kissed me, and evn though i did not want to, i responded. that day i really talked to him and i said its not cool if he is kissing a girl and asking another girl out. he said he is confused about his feelings too.
all these is going on very bad as we have been having quarrels and i and he's been complaining that i have been acting strangely and i'm hurting him with my actions.

And i want to get even. i just feel so sad, stupid for allowing myself to fall in love with him. other guys have been asking me out but i dont really like them and it hurts so bad that the person i love is just confused, and doesnt even have a clue of what i am going through.
i dont want to loose my bestfriend(i have just very few friends). please i just need advice on how best to handle this.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Onuokwu: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
geeky_babe: my bestfriend is the closest person to me and i love him very much but we are not dating, though everyone seems to think we are good together. we have been friends for 5 years now and there is nothing that we dont know about each other. we talk, gist play and are even classmates. we sit together in class, and hangout very often (watching movies, going for shows etc..). In the past few months, we started kissing (bad idea) and it was really cool for me because he was the first person to ever kiss me and stir such emotions in me (though somewhere in my sixth sense) i knew kissing my bestfriend was a very wrong idea.

we've both talked about dating and he told me he still wants more time. recently he told me about a girl and that he is thinking of getting serious with her. he told me and asked for my opinion about it, and i told him to be sure he really needed a gf. 4 weeks after (though he claims not to be dating her yet), her pictures have filled his phone, his wallpaper, he is always chatting with her on whatsapp, and they talk for at least 1hr per day (mtn free credit).

i feel i could still be the best friend, but i cant. i feel hurt that he is telling all of our other friends that he really likes me and he's just waiting for the right time, but he is stalking his phone with another girls pictures.

Why dont you just tell him your true feelings for him. If it is mutual you can date for real, if it is not mutual, you go your way and open your heart to others. There is no rule that says a guy must be the first to say how he feels. Go for it girl!!!

i have been avoiding him for over a month now, and there has been no kissing. recently i fell sick, he came over to my room, and he kissed me, and evn though i did not want to, i responded. that day i really talked to him and i said its not cool if he is kissing a girl and asking another girl out. he said he is confused about his feelings too.
all these is going on very bad as we have been having quarrels and i and he's been complaining that i have been acting strangely and i'm hurting him with my actions.

And i want to get even. i just feel so sad, stupid for allowing myself to fall in love with him. other guys have been asking me out but i dont really like them and it hurts so bad that the person i love is just confused, and doesnt even have a clue of what i am going through.
i dont want to loose my bestfriend(i have just very few friends). please i just need advice on how best to handle this.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Jambsupport(f): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
he z confused 2 decide. kip away frm him until he knws wat he wants

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by tai2(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
Jambsupport: he z confused 2 decide. kip away frm him until he knws wat he wants

I agree completely.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by lolaluv1(f): 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
Been there, done that. Didn't kiss mine though.

If you don't want to lose him as a friend, then set boundaries. It's either you're dating, or you're not. No shades of grey here!
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Wizkhalifa2(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
wen u guys bcum enemies... Cn i b ur nu bstfwnd?? I cud really use sum kissing.. #mwah

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by nicky4lif(f): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
Get involved with a guy too.use his pix on ur laptop,phone nd talk abt him very often.sometimes when u are with ur best frnd,tell him u want to go nd see ur boy frnd nd discharge him,only then will he feel thesame way u are feeling right now.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
lola.luv:
Been there, done that. Didn't kiss mine though.

If you don't want to lose him as a friend, then set boundaries. It's either you're dating, or you're not. No shades of grey here!
Seconded.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by boron10(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
The best idea is to stay away from him. Start mingling with female friends.

You're having this feeling cos he is the first person you've ever fallen in love with. And i'm sure he feels you're just a 'kissing object', or 'kissing friend'.

Don't allow your emotion overwhelm your sense of reasoning. If he actually loves you, he would not bother chasing another girl let alone telling you about her.

Think with your head and not your heart. I know it's not easy, just discipline yourself, you'll sure pull through. Pele
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by GB102(m): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
9th to reply, celebration

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
I'm sorry if what I am to say will hurt you but ometimes it may help us to wake up.
I think that IF he WANTED to be with you, he WOULD.He's just not that much into you. Whatever he says, remember that ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I know it's difficult to want someone who doesn't want you but it happens, I guess to everyone.
You have to let go, that'S the hardest part.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
ehya, pele...

Face your studies ooo... very very important. Remember your dad didn't send you to school to kiss..
If you continue this way..u fit carry belle ooooo...

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Browneyes3(f): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
Babe,the whole 'crap' of him being 'confused' is jst so he can eat his cake and have it,sweety,wake-up frm la-la land,ur friend obviously wants to hang out wt the other gurl,steer clear of him,till he's nt confused.Don't fall for such nonsense!! angry
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by donlumex: 3:58am On Nov 15, 2012
I dnt want to blif u wld want to be lyk a fool at d end wen he puts a hot iron rod tru ur fragile heart...he's made it obvious he's nt into u...so dnt push it..if u can still b his frnd nt his kissing frnd fine...but if nt bounce because he wll devour ur mind n soul...
If I hear say u deh alone wit am in ur room peren let alone kiss him...I'll tell ur dady straight...
A good dude is waiting to make u hapy so dnt spoil d time b4 d dude cums along...free ur mind off him by nt gettin attached...
Lyk deh say just let fly or is it let it go but if its meant 4 u it will teleport back to u..
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Girls and guys shud not be bestfriends. They should only be lovers, boyfriends, sex partners or husband and wife. What r u doin with a guy as ur bestfriend. It's peeps like u that complicate the world.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by candieangel12(f): 6:25am On Nov 15, 2012
I dated my best friend of 11yrs, granted we broke up, we are still best friends. Play your cards right so you don't lose your best friend babe. If he is your best friend then he should respect your decision to stop kissing you and leading you on if he doesn't want to date you or has interest in another chic.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Rocktation(f): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2012
This is a classic case of eating his cake and having it. Don't let yourself be used gurl. There's nothing confusing here. He's smart and knows what he's doing. Be smart.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Smh!
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by TonySpike: 7:54am On Nov 15, 2012
I have a very close female friend since my university days. We were in the same department, attended the same church, read together most time as engineering students and know lots of things about ourselves. We spelt it out from the beginning in our first year that relationship was a no-go area. But many outsiders, especially my classmates, believed we were dating even years after we left the campus. Our closeness even terrified my ex whom I was dating back then. Fortunately, she got married early this year to a guy she met during NYSC year and she's happy. Cases like this need to be handled with maturity especially from the girl's end. Most girls see this situation as the guy being selfish, and then, they might eventually lose the friendship ending up as sworn enemies.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by sexylogan(m): 8:01am On Nov 15, 2012
Wiz_khalifa: wen u guys bcum enemies... Cn i b ur nu bstfwnd?? I cud really use sum kissing.. #mwah

lmao......
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2012
Why is kissing your best friend a "bad idea"?
In all honesty, it should be the most natural progression between a man and woman who are single, compatible and ready for a serious relationship.

I would still prefer dating a female "best friend" over some random person I know nothing about, but knowing how that always turns up, I made sure I developed no "best-friend" relationship with any female....cuz I know y'all make no darn sense.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by fairygeh(f): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2012
You wanna hear the truth?stay off him the guy is obviously not into u.I dnt think he's confused,would he have been confused for 5years?he doesnt just wanna tel u cos he wants to be eating the other cake and still have u,If u dnt stay away from him,trust me u guys re gonna have s e x soon with the way ur going wt ur 'kissing'of a thing and having s e x with him is nt gonna mke him change his mind about you n its gonna make u hate urself the more.
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by litusista(f): 8:51am On Nov 15, 2012
12 inches!:
Girls and guys shud not be bestfriends. They should only be lovers, boyfriends, sex partners or husband and wife. What r u doin with a guy as ur bestfriend. It's peeps like u that complicate the world.

D way friendship happens attimes cud be complicated. Attimes its even safer to hav a bestfriend from d opposite sex. They tend to understand u more. The only danger is allowing ur emotions come into it. Trust me, its a two way thing. Either u guys proceed to being very good lovers or u loose d friendship entirely..
@op, d answer is clear. U can't protect dis friendship anymore. Let it go. Forget abt d 5yrs. Ur future is bigger dan 5yrs. No matter how bad things are now, things can only get better. And be strong, make him know u can actually do without him and be happy. there are great guys out thr waiting for u..
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2012
@OP
YOU are confused, to say the least.....you first talk about "friendship" but yet afterwards say that you are in love with the bobo. so what exactly do you want?!

- if you are in love with him, then TELL HIM and accept whatever answer he will throw at you. if he says he is not ready to be in a r/ship THEN he is not ready with you OR ANYONE ELSE..... and therefore trying to date this gal is NOT RIGHT (or simply a proof that he was lying to you)

- but if he says he cannot/dont want to date you (because of who you are to him) then accept that "kissing you" was just a way to practice his kissing game until he met the RIGHT one.

so if he "needs more time" to date you, while trying to date another woman, then you dont have to be Eisntein to see what is going on here.....you better wake up from your dream!

ps: as for you writing about the others guys that ask you out (that you didnt like), that was very silly of you to write that (as if this matters here).....why would you even bring these irrelevant people into the picture?! unless of course, you are stoopid enough to go and date someone just to get even with a guy who dont give a damn about your feelings?! oh lawd!!!
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2012
Are you all taking this poster seriouly?
Re: I'm In A Mess Right Now, I Dont Want To Loose My Bestfriend! by geekybabe(f): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
@everyone thks. I get d picture perfectly. I think I just av to let it go. Its going to really hurt but its the best. Seeing him in class, having no one to hangout with again, its going to be weird but he obviously can't eat his cake and have it.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Broke Up Wit Ur Ex / I Love Her, But I Cheated... / Woman Who Can Cook Or The One Good In Bed, Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.