Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: (3113 Views)

Hilarious ! Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Obama / Transformation Agenda Of GEJ: The Jos Airport Example (Modified With More Pics) / Debe Ojukwu: My Father’s Love Child Was A “Hidden Agenda” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2008
Profoundly watching the last debate between Hillary and Obama over the weekend for the 3rd time, I've come to a conclusion that these parties have a hidden agenda.

"The winner of the primary between the 2 will  contest as the president while the defeated party will merge with the winner as the running mate (VP)".

I honestly believe that this is their plan and it will also be an automatic touch down for the duo if they do merge at the end of the primary election.
Republicans absolutely wouldn't be able to touch the two!

They are too powerful, too competent, too confident and absolutely on point.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by RichyBlacK(m): 12:04am On Feb 05, 2008
Obama, will not serve as vice-president under a hawkish Hillary Clinton - forget it!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by bawomol(m): 3:59am On Feb 05, 2008
bill richardson would be vp, while john edwards would be AG.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 05, 2008
Big B1:

Profoundly watching the last debate between Hillary and Obama over the weekend for the 3rd time, I've come to a conclusion that these parties have a hidden agenda.

"The winner of the primary between the 2 will contest as the president while the defeated party will merge with the winner as the running mate (VP)".

I honestly believe that this is their plan and it will also be an automatic touch down for the duo if they do merge at the end of the primary election.
Republicans absolutely wouldn't be able to touch the two!

They are too powerful, too competent, too confident and absolutely on point.

It's possible, they are likely to win if they pair together. But we must not forget that winning the Oval office is much easier than taking charges of the country.
Obama might find it difficult working with Hillary as she can be unnecessarily authoritative and high handed.
Obama will also end up being the third person in-charge after Bill.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2008
President or VP, Obama remains a winner!

In fact, I will prefer Obama as the VP at this point in time.
The problems on the ground are enormously invisible and fragile at the same time. And this fragility makes things or the recommendation of the democrates profoundly impracticable.
Therefore the next United States president will be under pressure 110% of the time and will also be seen as the guinea-pig. I'm not sure if it is fair for Obama to be placed in this horrible and unbearable position.
When the party starts, trust me, it wouldn't be president Bush's fault anymore.
Furthermore, sometimes "what you ask for could also kill you"

The hidden agenda might not be a bad idea and in fact, should be seen as favorable plan "B" for both parties (Hillary and Obama)
Let us wish him the best!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by Horus(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2008
Barack Obama Super Tuesday Speech Part 1
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KS94D2tmPYo

Barack Obama Super Tuesday Speech Part 2
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7XvClt6hdE
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by EmekaNaija(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
Do you really know the meaning of "Hidden Agenda" An Obama-Hillary or Hillary-Obama ticket is simply a dream ticket. These are speculations. Who tells you Clinton would ever be VP to anyone? Age isnt on her side. Obama is humble enough to be VP to Hillary but unfortunately that aint gonna happen because he's going to win the Democratic Presidential Nomination in the first place. I see an Obama-Edwards ticket to the white house.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2008
I see an Obama-Edwards ticket to the white house
The possibility is definitely there, but I simply don't think Edward is the right choice; the man is bright, likable and absolutely appealing to some voters, but I find it very difficult to see the fire in his eyes. He seems to be very passive and sissy in some ways.
He has to be upset and emotional for him to bring out the toughness an individual requires to be an effective leader.
He reminds me of McKren!

Hence, I don't think he is purely compatible with Obama.
Obama represents a powerful movement that has no room for a softy; he needs a partner who is sincere, very tough, extremely sweet, purely smart and with enormous experience.
If it is necessary, I think at some point Hillary would realize that VP position isn't that bad for a lady in United States of America. Something tells me that both parties (Obama and Hillary) will merge in a very short time.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 7:37pm On Feb 06, 2008
The Combo of the two (Obama and Hillary) is definitely a touch down.

I heard that at the beginning of the campaign, few months ago, many republicans were desperately pulling for Obama to quickly disable Hillary with the assumption that Obama wasn't competent enough to come close to relocating to the White House.

But guess what? The same knuckle heads were scrambling everywhere yesterday trying to reverse their game plan as Obama continues to pull more crowd from all levels through out United States. Their new game plan is now to lift up Hillary pass Obama and close up every chance that might be available for the black-man called Obama.

I guess, the red necks are finally smelling the black coffee!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by EmekaNaija(m): 1:40am On Feb 09, 2008
@Big B1

Why i suggested Edwards is simply because he is passive. He isnt a natural leader. Obama and Hillary both cannot be under anyone's shadow which a VP slot is all about. Edwards can be humble enough as we've seen in the debates. Except Obama loses out in the nomination process, there is no mathematical chance that both He(Obama) and Hillary can be on the same ticket.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2008
After sending Hillary back to her husband in NY, OBAMA must be ready to face the republicans. The only thing the republicans are counting or hanging  on is the national security. They feel that OBAMA is clearly weak in this department and it is a perfect tool to bring him back to reality (and I think this is feasible).
The only solution to this set-back will be to pick up a popular/ likable white VP with enormous experience in all levels.
I'm starting to think that Al Gore might not be a bad choice, just in-case things don't workout with Hillary.

Even though it could have been an automatic touch down, but Al Gore remains very quiet through out this debate/ election. I think the man is not yet finished, he has a surprise for Americans.

I will not be shocked to see a combo of Obama and Al Gore as a running mate being revealed very very soon.
Just keep in Mind that at this point Mr. Gore has nothing to prove , but will be very happy to see the end of the republican.

Is it possible to run multiple times as a VP?
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by McKren(m): 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2008
Al Gore as Obama's VP

Not too sure how to react to this.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2008
Why?
Al Gore is too good to be a VP to a blackman or you just prefer Ribadu to run as Obama's VP?

What is the big deal?
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
Why i suggested Edwards is simply because he is passive. He isnt a natural leader. Obama and Hillary both cannot be under anyone's shadow which a VP slot is all about. Edwards can be humble enough as we've seen in the debates. Except Obama loses out in the nomination process, there is no mathematical chance that both He(Obama) and Hillary can be on the same ticket.

@EmekaNaija:
You have a point, but when it comes to winning election, your focus is not on compatibility, your focus should be on winning more votes.
Therefore, selecting a running mate that will attract more votes should be your main priority; you have more time later on to worry about compatibility issues.

Just keep in mind that once you become the number 1 man; folks will find a way to be compatible with you (they will discover strategies to clearly understand your broken English), Trust me!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by McKren(m): 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2008
Big B1:

@EmekaNaija:
You have a point, but when it comes to winning election, your focus is not on compatibility, your focus should be on winning more votes.
Therefore, selecting a running mate that will attract more votes should be your main priority; you have more time later on to worry about compatibility issues.

Just keep in mind that once you become the number 1 man; folks will find a way to be compatible with you (they will discover strategies to clearly understand your broken English), Trust me!

The problem with you is that you think politics everywhere else operates like the kind you prefer; 0% conviction and 100% calculation.

Algore was VP for 8years (1993 - 2001), ran a credible campaign for President that he would have won in the general election if not for irregularities in 2000. On what basis does he begin to run as VP to Obama in 2008?

Algore is much more interested in positioning himself so as to get his climate change plans given significance, no more no less.
How does a man who for this singular reason has chosen to remain an undecided superdelegate up to this point begin to jostle for VP out of the blues.

I guess you can as well suggest that Gorge W. Bush's father should become McCain's VP so that John McCain will be acceptable to the conservatives.

Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 3:13am On Feb 15, 2008
The problem with you is that you think politics everywhere else operates like the kind you prefer; 0% conviction and 100% calculation.

Thanks for the compliment and the picture; I can now honestly state that I know what Al Gore looks like.

The game is on, the campaign isn't over yet; we shall see!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by fatherab1: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2008
Big B1:

Big B1, I like ur standpoint on this issue. However, Al Gore might not likely accept the VP position. I think with a Hillary, more votes will be garnered and with time, she will get to love that position. Obama being a VP to her is not my wish since Bill her husband will actually be the president by then. Take it or leave it.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by Horus(m): 9:53am On Feb 15, 2008
It's highly unlikely that Hillary can win enough delegates from the remaining state contests to capture the nomination at the party convention in August.To do so,she would have to win Ohio, Texas and virtually All other remaining primaries by roughly 2-to-1 margins over Barack Obama. "We see no evidence that that's going to happen". She will probably win Texas and New Mexico but not the others.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by McKren(m): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
Horus:

It's highly unlikely that Hillary can win enough delegates from the remaining state contests to capture the nomination at the party convention in August.To do so,she would have to win Ohio, Texas and virtually All other remaining primaries by roughly 2-to-1 margins over Barack Obama. "We see no evidence that that's going to happen". She will probably win Texas and New Mexico but not the others.

David Ploufe!!!!!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by pcicero(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
[b][/b]it's becoming more likely through unfolding scenarios that Obama might win the nomination of the democratic party. The body langauage of most delegates and opinion leaders suggest this much. I have had to refrain from sounding too pessimistic about his chances after the latest outcomes.
However, most of us ( Blacks and Afro Americans) are particularly swayed because of his race and not our usual preference for Democrats. why don't we think along gender line? A woman as President like in Germany? what if our sweet Obama is all about rhetorics? another Yar A'dua with seven point agenda and too busy reversing policies of previous regime without putting his feet down on his own programmes?
As for those who think Al Gore would want VP's slot, better have a rethink.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by mystikal(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ Pcicero
I've been wanting 2 say that for long, what if he's all about rhetorics, he gives wonderful inspiring speeches which gives hope but think Hilary has been bolder to say how she'll actually solve certain problems, in as much as we blacks are sentimentally supporting Obama hence his rising momentum, cant help feeling Hilary would make a better Opponent to the Republican's Mc Cain
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2008
The hidden agenda was again revealed last night by both candidates.

Regardless of what happens at the end of this primary election, both of us (Obama and H. Clinton) will be fine; I just hope Americans will also be fine. by H. Clinton.

Both of us have similar policies. by B. Obama

Our Agendas are the same. by B. Obama

I appreciate Hillary's views on this issue. by B. Obama

Something tells me that the dream team has been indirectly introduced.
The big question is who will lead and who will be the VP?

No matter what happens, I hope both parties quickly realize that there will not be a loser.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by Sabisabi: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
Wetin concern monkey with mobile phone, abeg tell me.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by fatherab1: 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2008
@sabix2,
The thing where concern monkey with mobile phone be say na the same man where got the monkey get the mobile phone. grin grin grin

To be more real, if it is another Republican (I hope you r not confused) that wins, then who knows whether he win bombard nigeria because of niger delta militants just as Bush did to Iran because of taliban militants? That is why I hope Obama or Clinton wins.
Gaskiya, after watching their debate yesterday night, I began to support the 2 of them. Hillary praised Obama at the end of the speech and Obama helped her up as a gentleman. I pray such happen in Nigeria in d next elections. believe me, Obama will be President- Hillary the Vice President
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
I pray such happen in Nigeria in d next elections. believe me, Obama will be President- Hillary the Vice President

@father ab:
I hope your prayer is answered.
It will be great; the incredible accomplishment will open doors  for Black folks all around the world.
We will be recognised as competent, hope, real leaders, deciders and our bad news identity will dissolve forever.

Moreover, Black kids in general will have opportunity to look up to a conclusive epitome.

Trust me, everybody will benefit enormously.

Let's Obama!
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by mystikal(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2008
I also watched the Texas debate last evening and must say I admire Senator Clinton's poise and the fact that she doesn't hesitate to answer questions, telling the people what and how she is going accomplish the challenges that she will face should she be elected president.

It was so obvious to me that Obama would repeat, almost word for word Clinton's response.

I also noticed that Senator Clinton was "cut off" several times in the midst of her responses where Obama was not.

It seems to me that the press, the commentators and those asking the questions are favoring Obama, who really doesn't seem to have a solid plan and is more into theatrics. Perhaps CNN should find a place for him in their organizaion rather than pushing him towards the presidency.

that aside, i think Obama has great personality and his "yes we can" card is inspiring, but thts about where it ends.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by mystikal(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
thought the debate went well for Hillary. Obama seemed to do well because the moderators let him get away with changing the topic, and not answering questions. If it were a real job interview, oh wait, it kind of is, the interviewer would have ended the interview very early in the process because he was either:
1. Being evasive, and therefore had something to hide, or
2. Was a bad listener, and more interested in talking about what he wanted to talk about.

I was extremely PROUD of Hillary, especially after John King said she, not Barack the uniter, but she walked over and said "Hi Barack" to him before the debate. A lot of people have criticized her, and demonized her, but the truth is, she is grace personified. Even the audience had to give her a standing ovation, not for eloquence, but for the grace she exibited with her back clearly against the ropes. Now that is character.
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by mystikal(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2008
Remember there was a moment where Hillary mentioned Kosovos independence and other issues happening around the world. Obama actually had his chance to show people his vision around the globe, but he failed, and he simply demonstrated his lack of experience in foreign affairs

McCain "d just floor this guy
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by McKren(m): 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2008
you are not the only one who watched the debate
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by mystikal(m): 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2008
sorry
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by BigB11(m): 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
1. Mr. Mystikal, how many of these debates have you watched?

2. Do not forget that H. Clinton has been there many times; plus she is being coached by the master himself, Bill Clinton.
Just because one is blessed with communication skill and knows how to sell defective products doesn't mean this individual is capable of getting the job done effectively and efficiently. And please, do not get me wrong, H. Clinton is OK, but there is absolutely nothing better than witnessing an intelligent sincere blackman ruling the world for once.
FYI: The Clintons are heavily obligated to many (big money spenders), which would definitely create distraction and shady operation. Obama on the other hand is only obligated to ordinary Americans and this is one of the reasons why Obama is seen as a powerful movement not just another presidential candidate who is desperately craving for power to fulfill the desire of his mighty ego.
America in general needs a break from these hoodwinking politicians and a change; this is the only way things would quickly change for better.

3. Finally, if Bush could rule for two terms straight with absolutely zero to offer, I honestly think anybody is capable of being the president of United States (including my gateman and my barber).
Re: The Hidden Agenda Of Hillary And Obama: by odada(m): 12:55am On Feb 23, 2008
mystikal:

thought the debate went well for Hillary. Obama seemed to do well because the moderators let him get away with changing the topic, and not answering questions. If it were a real job interview, oh wait, it kind of is, the interviewer would have ended the interview very early in the process because he was either:
1. Being evasive, and therefore had something to hide, or
2. Was a bad listener, and more interested in talking about what he wanted to talk about.

I was extremely PROUD of Hillary, especially after John King said she, not Barack the uniter, but she walked over and said "Hi Barack" to him before the debate. A lot of people have criticized her, and demonized her, but the truth is, she is grace personified. Even the audience had to give her a standing ovation, not for eloquence, but for the grace she exibited with her back clearly against the ropes. Now that is character.
Contrary to your views and opinions about the Democrat debate,I strongly feel that senator Barack Obama performed extremely well.If you watched the debate carefully and also listened to the views of the political analyst after the debate you will agree with me that unlike Hilary Obama clearly stole the show in Texas and this will be more pronounced come march 6 when voters step out again for yet another primaries.

I dont want the decision of the presidential ticket to end up with senior party stalwarts?my fear is that its coming to that,but in all fairness senator barack Obama has clearly distinguished himself and come november will proove it in the US polls.Whatever the cas might be- Obama/clinton or Clinton/obama? the time for change has come and the Democrats will carry the day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Somolus (nigerians) Advertising South Africa / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates / Why We Dislike Nigerians With A Passion – Republic Of Benin People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.