Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English - Jokes Etc (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English (76488 Views)

Where Are My English Lords? Translate This Pidgin To Standard English (photo) / Pls Help Translate This Pidgen English To Proper English / How Will You Say This In Correct English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by kemoolala: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2012
how many years are u older than me?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by siddiq202(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2012
uplawal: Simple, How many years are you my senior?
I think you are wrong because senior is use for level/position only and not age difference ...my opinion though
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by NoQualms1(f): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2012
habayommy: The Yam that is done is done undecided

Hahahahahahaha, OMG...
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by NoQualms1(f): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2012
SimplYeahmee:

wen the yam gets soft, its ready. dont perturb me on the frivolities of the cooking process.

Don't tell me that simple statement is what you translated o, choi.... LWTMB
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Anvaller: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2012
SlyIg: How much are you older than me?

Although, I didn't look at the whole thread but this is definitely the most correct translation that I saw. It's as simple as that. Another guy that was closer said "By how much are u older than me?" but "By" was unnecessary. All other folks that tried to translate including the word "years" are close to not correct in standard English context, (not Nigerian English) Let's bear it in mind that when translating from one language to the other, we have to respect the word order and the grammatical structure of the language you are translating to and that is why it is usually impossible to translate literally from one language to the other.. That is what many have done here.
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by lucom: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2012
How old are you
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by banmaster(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2012
candieangel12: How many more years are you older than me with?

Am your Gns lecturer you failed
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by chidiogor: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2012
by hw many years r u older than me
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by aikeron: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
How older are you dan me? period!
OR
What is the age gap btw us? #Gbam!
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
How many years do you reckon is the difference between your age and mine
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by clans(f): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
WHATS OUR AGE DIFFERENCE....DUH!!!!!
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 17, 2012
babarazy: wat makes u think u are older than me?
na because i tall pas you na
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
Lol wat of I GO CHOP UR YANSH, DY NO BORN UR MAMA WELL, ABEG BONE DAT STUFF
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by sats: 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
and this is suppose to b humor ... undecided
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by cooljoe(m): 12:26am On Nov 19, 2012
From d younger 1 who wants to know, he simply says to d older 1, wats d age d/f b/w us? If from d older, he says, do u know d age d/f b/w us?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Rapmoney(m): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
In Professor Wole Soyinka's voice: How old have you realized that you have seniored me with?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by RexioKlasik(m): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
This thread is getin 2 long...wer d hell did it get its expansion 4rm
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by tommy2k2(m): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Its been dawn for long...............no tell me say e no correct ooo
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Jaybee79: 1:04am On Dec 03, 2012
Wiz-Prince:
Hi Peeps, Lets Test Our English Knowledge.

I Know Some of You Thinks English Is Simple But i Bet You'll Find It Difficult in This Aspect!

...Please Translate

"HOW MANY YEARS YOU TAKE SENIOR ME"

To Simple and Correct English... Let The Fun Begin.

YOU ARE OLDER THAN ME FOR HOW MANY YEARS?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by WizPrince1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
[size=30]Chai, I Don Kill People...[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by harlos: 10:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Abeg who knows the yoruba of sim card
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Ademore(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
How older are u 2 me. But realy not all our naija pidgin has direct english translation it only depends on how u frame it.
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
tompat86: by how many age are u older than i am....na F9 i get 4 GCE ooooooo....dancing wif my brother
and u ar proudly saying it?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
harlos: Abeg who knows the yoruba of sim card
ha ha ha so funny
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by pipszilla(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
shocked this simply translation has been over emphasised and too many wrong translations has been posted here. Let me put an end to this madness by giving the correct translation once and for all.

"HOW OLD DID YOU THINK YOU ARE IN SENIORITY TO ME"

I hope this will be the end of discussions to this topic?. Thanks
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Queenlizz: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
What is our age difference
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Lordmzy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS[b]PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS[/b]PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Lordmzy(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
circular:
It's been long since dawn
..abi na it's been long since d daaay break...lwkmd
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by qabieu2: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2015
Pls what is our age difference. wink
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
how older are u than i am
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Lordmzy:
PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS[b]PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS[/b]PLZ TRANSLATE THIS..NA MESS IM MESS
he polluted the air
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Tymax(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
dorlapoh20:
how older are u than i am
cheesy cheesy fa fa faaaa foul!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hilarous Photo On Oba Of Lagos Threat On Ibos / Hilarious: Photos Of Foolish People Doing Crazy Things / Funny Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs And Their Loose Translations ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.