Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,639 members, 7,955,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? (5899 Views)

Like Ethiopia, Like Nigeria: How China Helped Ethiopia Economy. / If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? / BOKO HARAM: Nairalander Reports From Kaduna Airport (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Idokojimmy: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
Globalization has made international politics interesting, especially with the adoption of Darwinian theory which emphasizes survival of the fittest. The interdependence of nations, has made countries to have friendly and hostile ally, even though there appears to be no permanent friends in international arena. Friendly allies are those that will be readily available to offer assistance in times of trouble, hostile ones will stop at nothing untill they frustrate your policies, programmes, diplomatic relation, international image, and in most cases they work towards disintegrating that country. These hostile nations use foreign media, international NGO, and other machinery to further their agenda.
It will be recalled that the USA once predicted that Nigeria will disintegrate come 2015. As a follow up to this prediction, they have carried out propaganda about our dear country, writing fake reports using internationalal Organisations, questioned our policies, fault our programs, frustrated our economy, and will stop at nothing to see that their prediction becomes a reality.
I will not pretend that Nigeria is a better place, but all well meaning nigerians must express optimism. That it isn't good now doesn't mean we will remain perpetually backward. Most of these reports are exaggerated to suit their plan. For instance, how do they collect data for these reports? How many Nigerians do they contact to get data from? Do they interview our parents in the village, or visit the hinterland where common men live? Obviously they don't. They come with preconceived idea, run around in Abuja, recruit disgruntled persons that will serve their interest, use and dump them. The product is: Nigeria is worst, don't go there, and the likes. Their reports are biased, preconceived, totally false and ultimately against our unity.

What do we owe our nation? Follow them condemn Nigeria, and allow their prediction come to pass or work to correct perceived challenges?

15 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by bubadaniel13: 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
It's so sad that everything that comes from the diaspora are swallowed hook line and sinker,not knowing that most of their evil reports is to cause disunity amongst us,I have never seen a perfect a country,even the US who many countries are modeling it's democracy has a lot of problems,the latest is the petitions from 22 states who want to secede become Obama won the Presidential elections,can u imagine? We must change our orientation and be proud of our country inspite of its imperfections,saying bad things abt Nigeria will not change anything,we must be hopeful that things will get better soon,cos there is no place like home.

5 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by 1800bc(f): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
but come to think of it...what is their yardstick for measuring and finding out these figures and statistics.... and why dont we ever look good on any of their statistic? cry

1 Like

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Olanlere11: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
This tread is for patriotic citizens. It demands deep sense of reflection. Questions like, do the west mean us well; readily comes to mind. While these Oyibo people want neocolonialism, good Nigerians must wake up and defend this country. Let's not allow them to write our history again. Enough is enough

7 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by takedat(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
@Op, i share your concern but optimism have no real grounds in Nigeria. We need no report for us to measure the level of abject poverty in Nigeria, our deplorable state of roads, corruption and maladministration of our government. The pessimism you noticed in Nigerians is simply a general public perception of how bad things are in the country. The "E go Better" syndrome is fast wearing out!

5 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Joeadamu86: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
take dat: @Op, i share your concern but optimism have no real grounds in Nigeria. We need no report for us to measure the level of abject poverty in Nigeria, our deplorable state of roads, corruption and maladministration of our government. The pessimism you noticed in Nigerians is simply a general public perception of how bad things are in the country
what are u implying?you want to tell me that there no hope for Nigeria?that despair will not be shared by many,nobody is saying that Nigeria doesn't have problems but most of these problems are external we just believe everything the west say,shouldnt we have our own minds,positive thinking and patriotism can and will take us out of this murky waters.

1 Like

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by apala911: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
With regards to objective analysis, some of the reports of these so called international organizations are tilted towards disintegrating Nigeria knowing fully well that the country is a big brother in sub Sahara Africa.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Olanlere11: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
@take dat Do we have a perfect nation? USA that is often seen as a role model is currently facing secession threat, not forgetting that the comparison we often make is erroneous. These countries existed hundreds of years before nigeria gained independence. I bet you, we will be better than they are now, when we are that old. They once face these challenges. We will conquer too.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Joeadamu86: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
The report is neocolonialising some many countries,how many reports are written by transparency international or human rights watch in this regard,all they do is to get the vulnerable ones amongst to be saying nonsense abt our dear country,we are peculiar people with our pride,most of the so called statistics are just fake without any empherical evidence,we must discard all firms of negativity against our country.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by takedat(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
Joeadamu86: what are u implying?you want to tell me that there no hope for Nigeria?that despair will not be shared by many,nobody is saying that Nigeria doesn't have problems but most of these problems are external we just believe everything the west say,shouldnt we have our own minds,positive thinking and patriotism can and will take us out of this murky waters.
Stop blaming the West for all that is not right with Nigeria. Is the West responsible for our bad roads, poor standard of education, poverty and bad governance? Where will positive thinking and patriotism lead you to when we keep having clueless people as our leaders? I am sorry to disappoint you but i am not an incurable optimist.

4 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Noraokon: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
i agree with a vast majority of Nigerians that all is not well.but many a times,i always try to question the rationale behind all this purported ratings. i know there are internal and external influences surrounding these ratings.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by takedat(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
Olanlere11: @take dat Do we have a perfect nation? USA that is often seen as a role model is currently facing secession threat, not forgetting that the comparison we often make is erroneous. These countries existed hundreds of years before nigeria gained independence. I bet you, we will be better than they are now, when we are that old. They once face these challenges. We will conquer too.
No Nation is perfect i agree but you see concerted efforts for improvement in a determined country, Rwanda and Botswana are two good examples in Africa. That the US gained independence a hundred years before ours does not mean we shouldnt aspire to be like them afterall our President earns more than Obama, our governors own private jets.

4 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by usmanyaro17: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
Our orientation must change towards foreign reports,we must be careful not to be victims of circumstances Nigeria is the only country we have,we must not allow outsiders to spoil it for us.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by otokx(m): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
Some are factual and some are not but we should not deceive ourselves.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by eledalo: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
It is a known FACT that most international organisations are sponsored by BUHARI and financed by TINUBU , while the articles are written by EL-RUFAI and edited by LAI MOHAMMED. That is why they report bad things about Nigeria.

And before you start arguing just know that UN Sec-Gen Ban Ki Moon is from the CORE NORTH, the World Bank President is from NORTH-WEST, and Christine Lagarde is one of TINUBU 's ex-wives, she is also from CORE SOUTH-WEST and is a known CPC/ANPP BIG WIG .

Also the Pope, The Sultan of Sokoto and the Dalai Lama all attended school together and are plotting how to discredit GEJ.

Please, shine your eyes Nigerians. More than half of the worlds population alive between 1910 and 1952 were born to discredit GEJ, and 80% of Americans are paid ACN goons

[size=25pt]THIS IS A KNOWN FACT[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by otokx(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
@eledalo

it is also a known fact that there has been no electricity at the university of port harcourt since sunday despite the fact that there is no outstanding bill

3 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Very factual! - I'm surprised Nigeria isn't in the same grade bracket as: Somalia, Afghanistan, Congo DR etc...

Nigeria is a failed state.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Most of the report are based on statistics,and not real findings,so they shouldn't be taken serious with a pinch of salt.they are mostly used to discredit Africa,whereas the western world aint heaven as claimed by them.
Imaging,it was said most Nigerian live below $1 daily,how is that possible. Smh for the western world.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by cuteonyii(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
truth is bitter.. America did not bring Boko haram, Niger Delta militia, Masop, Opc. so I dont see how bad it is if one is being reminded of how horrible Nigeria's situation is and the possible results..

1 Like

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by manny4life(m): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx: Very factual! - I'm surprised Nigeria isn't in the same grade bracket as: Somalia, Afghanistan, Congo DR etc...

Nigeria is a failed state.. grin

I guess you and I have to agree..

VERY FACTUAL --- NO SENTIMENTS.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by a1solution: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Naija story plenty o
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by eledalo: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yomieluv: Most of the report are based on statistics,and not real findings

Say what now? Statistics and not real findings? The statistics are based on what? This is the stupidest post I have ever seen on Nairaland. Congrats bro! embarassed cry cry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
I really admire the stock of people that live in that country! Nigeria is pretty much HELL on heart!!!! I seized the right to build my future elsewhere decade or so ago as a teenager....It's been the best decision i ever made. Escaping from the HELL on heart called Nigeria.....ONLY for the super thick skinned!
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by kaboninc(m): 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
So much in my mind to say but just cant say it.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by eledalo: 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
kaboninc: So much in my mind to say but just cant say it.

Please do. We wanna hear it
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by TonySpike: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yomieluv: Most of the report are based on statistics,and not real findings,so they shouldn't be taken serious with a pinch of salt.they are mostly used to discredit Africa,whereas the western world aint heaven as claimed by them .
Imaging,it was said most Nigerian live below $1 daily,how is that possible. Smh for the western world.

The bolded is the problem with most Nigerians. We always believe the reports are doctored to tarnish our image as a country. In the first place, have we any image in Africa? Are South Africa, Botswana and even Kenya not within Africa? Isn't it fascinating that Nigeria is always singled out for "punishment"?

As far as I know, Nigeria lags behind many African country. This is a statement of fact. All the government boot-lickers on NL should wake up and tell their protege(s) that the nation isn't working. Let's be sincere with ourselves. As a child, when I'm accused of any wrong-doing, I retraced my ways. Nigeria must retrace its way, otherwise we will continue to live a superfluous life.

1 Like

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by kaboninc(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
eledalo:

Please do. We wanna hear it
Honestly, I have a whole lot to write but I don't even have the will to do it especially here on Nairaland. I can talk about it but writing it, I just cant. So most times, I just sit and read people's comment.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
eledalo:

Say what now? Statistics and not real findings? The statistics are based on what? This is the stupidest post I have ever seen on Nairaland. Congrats bro! embarassed cry cry embarassed
don't you know what is Fallacy of composition? Where specific outcome is based on generalization,assumption,and ceteris paribus. I doubt if you ever saw the gate of a school institution before.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
manny4life:
I guess you and I have to agree..

VERY FACTUAL --- NO SENTIMENTS.

Nigeria is pretty much worse than war torn countries, to be honest... At least, people in war torn countries know they're at war... In Nigeria, people are war with everything but they don't know it... Perhaps, that's why the whole country is rife with crime, violence, poverty, disease, corruption, failed government etc. The country stinks!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by slimming: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Politically and economic based most times.
Re: Reports From International Organizations About Nigeria: How Factual? by rusher14: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Joeadamu86: what are u implying?you want to tell me that there no hope for Nigeria?that despair will not be shared by many,nobody is saying that Nigeria doesn't have problems but most of these problems are external we just believe everything the west say,shouldnt we have our own minds,positive thinking and patriotism can and will take us out of this murky waters.
Very true our problems are external. Imagine that James Ibori of a man seeking justice outside when we have our homegrown justice system that makes sure thieves especially those of national prominence are convicted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chibok Girls Discovered / Latest : Protest In Akwa Ibom Over Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest / LASG Re-negotiates Domestic Loans, Saves N3.8bn Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.