Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet (20322 Views)

The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo) / FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet Daily (2) (3) (4)

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by taurus21: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
The is an absolute fallacy,an attempt to ruin the image of this Great institution of learning try harder next time because NO ONE will believe this scrap of a report

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
1.Amina Hall
2. Ribadu
3. Suleiman
4. Icsa/Ramat
5. Danfodio
6. Akenzua
7. SasakaWa

Which one is Asmau Mustapha? Abi na kongo campus?
What do they mean by barely have interactive boards and projectors?Our school of Architecture is just fine.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
shizzlin: Gaaaawd!!!! I dint need to read everything to know THIS IS A BIG LIE!!!!!! The said hostel is MY hostel and its only for clinical medical students and 500L nursing students. There are about 80rooms spread across 3floors having 8 toilets each and max of 2per room.infact 600Ls stay alone. Its the same as for the males just that they have more rooms.pls do the math.where's the 529 here for Godsake?ah ah! we female medics are very small in number and that's why they also had to include nursing students with us.
Non medical students in other hostels are averagely 4 or 6 per room max,while final years stay 2max.
This evil report that's sent to pour sand in ABU's garri nawa o.
Gosh! Am mostly a nl reader but I just had to comment on ds one.mtcheew angryGaaaawd! I dint need to read everything to know THIS IS A BIG LIE!!!!!! The said hostel is MY hostel and its only for clinical medical students and 500L nursing students. There are about 80rooms spread across 3floors having 8 toilets each and max of 2per room.infact 600Ls stay alone. Its the same as for the males just that they have more rooms.pls do the math.where's the 529 here for Godsake?ah ah! we female medics are very small in number and that's why they also had to include nursing students with us.
Non medical students in other hostels are averagely 4 or 6 per room max,while final years stay 2max.
This evil report that's sent to pour sand in ABU's garri nawa o.
Gosh! Am mostly a nl reader but I just had to comment on ds one.mtcheew

@shizzlin,
Having just downloaded and glanced through all 80 pages of the original report, I am in complete agreement that the Daily Trust article posted is nothing short of embellishment.
In the interest of fairness and posterity, I would try to amend the title of this thread.

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Generalmbc(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
lolaben: This is total bullish lies. I schooled there and there is no place like Asmau hostel having only six toilets. Hey this is not true
dont mind the bloody reporter...it's a big lie...No be only asmau, na emeka hostel
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by onyxo76(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
I have every reason to say that the facilities in universities are really over stretched. The rate at which these girls come to complain of toilet disease at the university health centre is becoming something else. I see up to 5 cases of std every single day. This is in ife though but I believe this will be the same in most tertiary institutions in the country.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by plentykola(m): 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=morningsta] This post is not only malicous but falsehood of the highest order to say the least. If I had not schooled at ABU, I may have taken it hook line and sinker like some of us. Well, I now know that a lot of stuff out here can not be trusted.I am still lost as to the motive of the poster. Nothing can be further from the truth. I am currently doing PG at UNILAG and I can say with confidence that UNILAG is not in anyway better than ABU in terms of infrastructure.

thanx guy
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by ZeusI: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
Just imagine, instead of producing great minds of a future Nigeria we are faced with by-product of sub-standard, inexperienced, and lazy students. Oh i forgot, plus astronomical number - say, 92% of STD&TI(toilet infection) purveyors. Next barge of unemployed dudes coming.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
See dem see disease.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by GJames(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
This report is not different from the one that says ''thete is no corruption in Nigeria''
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by EmmyDe25(m): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
marion g: Where is d source?? This info. is misleadn. Meks makes me wonder if there is anoda A.b.u bcs d 1 i knw does nt fit that descriptn. This the work of p.d.p lyk som ppl always say. Lol.
E TIRE ME O! Not d ABU i finishd from. @ op, get ur fakts b4 postin junks! Dia is No ASMAU hostel in any of d two campuses: Be it Samaru or Kongo. so wake up.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by EmmyDe25(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
businesslawyer: I support the position that the report was malicious.

I attended that school and the school has a seperate hostel for Nursing Students, the name of d Hostel quoted belongs to the Nursing Students and after calling d pple who are in d know i was reliably informed that the Nursing students from 100L to 400L dont use the said hostel as it was reserved exclusively for 500L students who cannot be more than 120 in number. The school has a policy of not admitting more than 120 students per class. in fact it was confirmed that the hostel accomadates 2 students per room and 3 rooms has access to a toilet, meaning max of 6:1 and if the 1:20 quoted for Public Universities is correct it means this particular hostels is far better than the average.

I emphasise that I know my school very well a lot need to be done about facilities in that school and all Public schools in Nigeria but that report about the state of the toilets, public address system and magnetic board is far from the truth in fact no hostel has more than 20 students to a toilet because there is no block of hostel with more than 20 students and each block has at least one functioning toilet aside from countless Public toilets strategically built withing the campuses.
Bros, ur own 2 much o! nt more dan 20 stdnts in a blok? I stayd in icsa 4 mre dan 4yrz o
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bloody liars! ABU should sue this paper immediatelly!
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by doofanc: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
One has to wonder what a highly pro-north newspaper like Daily News stood to get by publishing what is nothing but concoction of falsehood.

Whip up sentiments perhaps?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by lacasa: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
lolaben: This is total bullish lies. I schooled there and there is no place like Asmau hostel having only six toilets. Hey this is not true

i'm also an abusite (alumnus)

THIS STORY IS FALSE!!.

Asma'u hostel fσr ABU
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by shizzlin: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
Raggedy_Ann: 1.Amina Hall
2. Ribadu
3. Suleiman
4. Icsa/Ramat
5. Danfodio
6. Akenzua
7. SasakaWa

Which one is Asmau Mustapha? Abi na kongo campus?
What do they mean by barely have interactive boards and projectors?Our school of Architecture is just fine.

There's actually an asmau mustapha. Its in shika. Can you see?most non medics don't even know it
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Excellent7(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
@ eGuerilla, Will appreciate it if you can share the download link to the report?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
@ Poster: dis is the biggest lie Ȋ̝̊̅ have heard since Ȋ̝̊̅ came to dis world. ABU, Zaria is my alma mater, ABU, zaria has one of the best, if not the best infrastructures in any University in Nigeriat(private inclusive). The hostels are like Hotels, tiles everywhere, with maximum of 5 students to a Toilet. As we all know ABU is the largest University in West Africa, u can walk the whole distance of the school without stepping ur foot on bare sandy floor cos every where is tiled or tarred. Beautiful flowers are found everywhere, beautiful newly renovated common room with split ACs and perforated Sits like those in the airport. Special and ever stable power supply, great number of Professors and PhD. Holders. What else can u ask for. If u spend 2 days around ABU u will seek for house rent to pay for an accomodation.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by mashnino(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
ennYapeh007: @ Poster: dis is the biggest lie Ȋ̝̊̅ have heard since Ȋ̝̊̅ came to dis world. ABU, Zaria is my alma mater, ABU, zaria has one of the best, if not the best infrastructures in any University in Nigeriat(private inclusive). The hostels are like Hotels, tiles everywhere, with maximum of 5 students to a Toilet. As we all know ABU is the largest University in West Africa, u can walk the whole distance of the school without stepping ur foot on bare sandy floor cos every where is tiled or tarred. Beautiful flowers are found everywhere, beautiful newly renovated common room with split ACs and perforated Sits like those in the airport. Special and ever stable power supply, great number of Professors and PhD. Holders. What else can u ask for. If u spend 2 days around ABU u will seek for house rent to pay for an accomodation.

Oga wait first..i am also a student of a.b.u

Some of those things can be found in the school but don't make it seem like it's everywhere

no go put us for trouble ooo..
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by runskid(m): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Dawdy(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
this is absolutely bad, Do we realy have government in this country?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Excellent7: @ eGuerilla, Will appreciate it if you can share the download link to the report?

Give me a few minutes.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by saintuti: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is not just right!Let's get our facts right before we post.I schooled in ABU nd there is no such hostel as asmau whatever
This is absolutely misleading!
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
The report titled 'Views of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Visitation Panel Report into the Affairs of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 2004 - 2010', published in June 2011, can be downloaded using the following link:http://www.abu.edu.ng/doc/visitation_panel.pdf
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by mikron(m): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
THIS IS A BIG LIE, IM A STUDENT OF A.B.U AND WITHOUT BEING BIASED I CAN PROUDLY SAY HERE THAT A.B.U AS AN HIGHER INSTITUTION OF LEANING IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY. TWO YEARS AGO THE SCHOOL EMBARKED ON MASSIVE RENOVATIONS OF ITS EXISTING INFRASTRUCTURES, THIS INCLUDES THE RENOVATED GREAT SULEIMAN HALL (MALE) AND RIBADU/ALEX HALLS (FEMALES). RENOVATION WORKS ON AMINA, ICSA, AND DAN-FODIO ARE ABOUT TO KICKOFF. THERE ARE NUMEROUS PUBLIC CONVENIENCE (FOR MALE/FEMALE) SCATTERED ALL OVER THE SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL BOAST OF A 24 HRS ELECTRICITY, WATER AND LATELY A 24 HOURS INTERNET BROADBAND SERVICE FOR ALL STUDENTS AND STAFFS. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY, THE REPORT IS MISLEADING

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Cleanman(m): 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2012
what do you expect from a northern university?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by mikron(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
BESIDES THIS IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE SPEED I GET ON IDM WHEN DOWNLOADING WITH THE SCHOOL BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. WE DEY ENJOY WELLA FOR THAT SCHOOL.

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by mikron(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
THE REPORT IS NOT CORRECT
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by spartanian(m): 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
mikron: BESIDES THIS IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE SPEED I GET ON IDM WHEN DOWNLOADING WITH THE SCHOOL BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. WE DEY ENJOY WELLA FOR THAT SCHOOL.

bro pls I need those movies o, can I meet you in samaru 2moro?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by mikron(m): 12:04am On Nov 17, 2012
spartanian:

bro pls I need those movies o, can I meet you in samaru 2moro?
@ SPARTANIAN I DEY ABUJA NOW, I NEVER GO BACK TO ZARIA YET, BUT U CAN GET ME ON 2GO WITH MIKRON. I FOR GIVE U MY FONE NUMBER BUT U KNOW WE DEY SOCIAL SITE, SECURITY REASONS undecided undecided undecided
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 17, 2012
That can never be possible!
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Reports That 529 ABU Students Use One Toilet by Alishachris: 3:38am On Nov 17, 2012
"FREE Report Shows You How You Can Achieve 5 Times More At No Cost"

Become a better You Today! Enjoy all the good things that life has to offer.

Also get Free 1999 Nigerian Constitution (2004 reviewed). Refuse to be intimidated!

Click the links below to download:

http://www.4shared.com/office/R2yYe7Of/BETTER_YOU.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/dv-OBGwB/constitution_FRN_third_altecat.html

Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) / UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal / Unilorin Post Jamb 2007