Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records (68622 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Son Becomes Faith Tabernacle's Resident Pastor / How Safe Is Faith Tabernacle? A Call To Prevent Another Synangoue Collapse / Pope Francis Puts On Costume To Sneak Out Of Vatican To Help The Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by seguno2: 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2008
detruth:

Did you know millions of naira that gose out of this ministry evry year to cater for student ranging from secondary school levels to university?

I can't know because new generation churches don't blow their trumpet on that. Could it be there is nothing to talk about in that respect? They prefer to focus on me, mine & I am bigger/greater than you & yours.
Maybe these churches should be more upfront about how many widows, orphans and indigent members they have assisted with income-generating-activities, scholarships etc?
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by bigfred(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2008
Hmmmmm!
iam not suprised reading all your arguments on this thread.
I see this as the starting point to the confirmation of God's world through his servant,Bishop David Oyedepo.
That the church will embark on a revolution that will shock the entire world.
You ain't seen nothing yet,THIS IS JUST THE BEGINING.

WE STILL MOVING FROM GLORY TO GLORY ON EAGLES WING!

WATCH OUT!!
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by detruth: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2008
A_K_O:

I just think that the[b] pictorial [/b] comparisons at the beginning of this thread were ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND OUT OF PLACE.
I believe that came from your little mind which I quess has never made a meaningful impact to your world before.

seguno2:

I can't know because new generation churches don't blow their trumpet on that. Could it be there is nothing to talk about in that respect? They prefer to focus on me, mine & I am bigger/greater than you & yours.
Maybe these churches should be more upfront about how many widows, orphans and indigent members they have assisted with income-generating-activities, scholarships etc?
Please don't behave like a blind.  This beauty is not of a denomination, its about "the Church" of God in general. Just imagine the number of people that gives their lives to God each Sunday? Its in hundreds!
I wonder why many calling themselves Nairalanders, have never one day sat down and think on how to affect their world like Seun.
May these poor little minds wake up in order to make Nigeria a better place tomorrow!
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by seguno2: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
Detruth,

It seems you do not know about the church's charitable activities or rather lack of it. You should read

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109673.128.html#msg1919683

I expected you to come out blazing with stats on how many people the church has helped with schorlarships in their schools and elsewhere; how many hospitals built etc. What proportion of the church's wealth/income goes to such causes? BTW, its leaders may have gone to school subsidised by earlier churches such as the Baptist, Adventists, Catholics, Methodist etc.
Instead na insult wey you just dey dish out so tey person dey wonder if indeed you be Xtian
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by detruth: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2008
@seguno2
Well, am sorry if you feel slighted by my words (though I don't need your confirmation to be called a Christian).
If you want statistics of the good works of this particular Church, why not make it a date with them in one of these Sundays or visit any of their branches closer to you and make an enquiry about their hospitality. You can also visit the Faith Tabernacle itself for a conviction.
I don't live in Nigeria at present, hence can't present you with any data. But before I left, I can categorically tell you that there is no part of the country that indigent members did'nt enjoy the good works of the Church.
Nevertheless, if you still want to know more about their good works, you can visit http://faithoyedepo.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=8 or send me a mail stating your location.

About the link you gave refering to the comments of 4Him to TayoD, I will like to state categorically that there is a of hear-say spread as rumour which of course is never near the truth. I have being a member of the Church for decades and the Church has only involved in raising men than cheating them. The truth is that many have tried to take an advantage of the Church as before (since their believe is that money is there), but no more possible.
If you anyone wants to prove his case, let him come out as the principal player with his evidences, then we will know the truth.

Peace!
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by GentleSoul2: 6:37pm On May 18, 2008
Okay guys! I actually read all the comments but can I tell you something, folks?

Yomisays.com is owned by 4Him.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Damoche10: 2:55pm On May 19, 2008
Olowotee,

Ride on! mo n gbadun e? Are u Tosin Olowoyeye?

1 Like

Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Damoche10: 3:24pm On May 19, 2008
Are these schools meant for the masses? You hear them talking about hundreds of thousand of naira as schools fees. How on earth would the schools be meant for the masses. IT IS FOR THE RICH!!!!!!! and nothing more. HOW ON EARTH DOES THESE CHURCHES EXPECT THE MASSES TO RAISE THAT KIND OF MONEY? Remember it is this masses that does the most menial jobs in these churches. Y can't the church plough back that into the society? At times I feel these churches are DULLING us!. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by reindeer: 11:14pm On May 19, 2008
Me i just wondered what would have happened to our fathers and our country if the early missionaries had opted to be listed in guiness book of records rather than build us those precious schools,hospitals and homes, the catholic church,methodists,anglicans etc, you just wonder if the 'new'church has not reduced christainity to some status symbol.
Lets be real, the missionaries(you could argue they werent born again)had more impact than our mega churches are having,more fame, less Godliness!

God help us to see the true mission we should have one earth.

1 Like

Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by shadowpaul: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
4him,u funny o.What is wrong in a church winning a world record where it is situated.I don't think there's anything 2 argue.Do u want God 2 come down & build a church 4 u 2 believe it is good?How do u xpect Christ 2 build a synagogue,schools & all those things u posted.Do U think he is a farmer or a cattle rearer?If u want 2 know the spiritual aspect of the church,I think it is better u go visiting d church.didn't God told Solomon 2 build him a temple?Is it not to d glory of God that he helped his servant build a church with no govt input & a white man's input?Should it be 2 d glory of the devil.Whats wrong if Nigeria is regarded as Jerusalem?.If u want 2 see the glory of God,attend the coming winners shiloh & see 4 urself people of different nations coming 2 worship God,receive healing & listen 2 d word of God then,come back & tell me that it is not 2 d glory of God that people come 4rm d corners of the world 2 worship in Nigeria & this same building.If great men of God like Prophet E.A Adeboye,Prophet Abiara & other great men of God can attend & worship in this church,I see no reason why glory should not be given 2 God that something related to him is being heard of all over the world.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by dudubobo1: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
I think that is a magnificient edifice. I met the Bishop once, several years ago when he was still in Kaduna and I was in Unilag and I was impressed with his deep devotion to God.
I am not a member of his church now but i still respect him

BTW, being on Guinness book of world records is not always necessarily to God's glory as it does not determine the presence of God or lack of it
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by madamkoko: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2008
How come its church that Nigeria is winning on the guiness book of record. Why cant it be that it has the world's largest population of millionaires.

Rather, it boosts the world's corrupt country/ranks high amongst the poorest. Not surprised why xtianity florishes there.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by LitenCee(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
It's a good good thing to be in Guiness book of records. Thanks to Bishop Oyedepo, he's my man. but more thanks to Guiness book of records for not recoqnising witchcraft, OTHERWISE, . . . OTHERWISE !!. The shrines and covens in this country are the deadliest in the world, worth the attention of Guiness book of records. Just think about the Okija place. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by sosodat: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2008
Total Glorification of Man! - "FAITH TABERNACLE Puts Nigeria in Guinness Book of World Records"

Big Edifice God wants from us is Conversion of Souls and walking in the footsteps of Christ. Why cant investments be done and sustained in that area. Does real Evangelism still exist (winning of souls to Christ and being Christlike) OR is Evangelism now = convert to my church (hence emphasis on expansion and glorification of man made edifices)

Me i just wondered what would have happened to our fathers and our country if the early missionaries had opted to be listed in guiness book of records rather than build us those precious schools,hospitals and homes, the catholic church,methodists,anglicans etc, you just wonder if the 'new'church has not reduced christainity to some status symbol.
Lets be real, the missionaries(you could argue they werent born again)had more impact than our mega churches are having,more fame, less Godliness!
I can only give kudos to Winners for expansion of the money making business!
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by disease(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2008
So Faith Tabernacle is the best church because of your worldly achievements.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Wendy80(f): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2008
@poster
Save ur breath these pple do not understand and will never,,,,,,,Oyedepo was even called crazy for having the thought of building such edifice in ONE YEAR,,,,,,,,,Foreigners label the project IMPOSSIBLE, but there is no IMPOSSIBILITY in GOD,,,,,,I Love Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel and nothing can change that,,,,BAD BELLES get more information b4 u criticize
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by camchupa: 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2008
4HIM and others,

i do not have much time to write but i hope to return some other time. everytime God does his work through the hands of his servants, men are always lookng for an excuse.
like it or not, God is using Bishop David Oyedepo. do you know how many souls are saved through this ministry? do you know how much relief it has brought to the society? go outside the country and see what is happening. do not just argue blindly. listen to me, the primary aim of christianity is salvation of souls but that is not all. matthew 6:33- seek first the kingdo of God and his righteousness and all other things will be added to you. hence there are other things like divine health, dominion, prosperity, involved in christianity. in the book of Romans 8:32 assures us that God can give us whatever good desire we have. John 15:7 confirms this truth. John 14:12 is where Jesus gave us the right to do greater things than he did. Mark 16:15-18 tells us this truth. i have worked with this truth and have experienced God's mighty hand. please stop arguing blindly hence you end up in destruction. i advice you stop criticising anyone. God himself will handle them if they are doing the wrong thing . pllease focus on your christianity. remain blessed
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by LitenCee(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2008
Wendy80:

@poster
Save ur breath these people do not understand and will never,,,,,,,Oyedepo was even called crazy for having the thought of building such edifice in ONE YEAR,,,,,,,,,Foreigners label the project IMPOSSIBLE, but there is no IMPOSSIBILITY in GOD,,,,,,I Love Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel and nothing can change that,,,,BAD BELLES get more information before u criticize

I think you are missing the point, Oyedepo is not under attack here. People are just voicing their concern about the sorry state of things in naija, so we dont sweep them under the carpet in the euphoria of having the biggest church in the world.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by hopegirl(f): 9:24am On Dec 20, 2008
The church building is a good one and I'm proud at the number of lives being affected therein, take for example the just concluded Shiloh program, a lot of people were there, and a lot testified to the goodness of God.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Dios(f): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2008
@ poster, what do you mean by "we might be black but our brains are definitely not black".

I have an idea what you mean, I just hope I'm wrong
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by ttalks(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2008
I notice that many of the defenders of the Bishop and his edifice always point to one aspect whenever they are in the act of defending:

That many people give their lives to Jesus Christ through that tabernacle being in place.

Hmmm, Some people just don't get it.

Most people do not realize that the gospel being delivered at the 'Faith tabernacle' is another gospel and not the gospel of Jesus Christ as delivered once and for all by his apostles.It is the gospel that ensures material/earthly/physical benefits for those who accept it.It does not secure the true benefit which comes from accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ;which is eternal.
Therefore,those who people claim are being saved,actually are not being saved at all.They're just getting more deluded and driven further away from the eternal reward of Christ.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by KunleOshob(m): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2008
2 Thessalonians 3:6-10:

An Exhortation to Proper Living

6 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers[a] who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received[b] from us. 7 For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you. 8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We certainly had the right to ask you to feed us, but we wanted to give you an example to follow. 10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “Those unwilling to work will not get to eat.”

The above scriptures make it clear that pastors should work and not depend on church members for their upkeep.

1 Timothy 6:3-6:
3But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
    4He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

5And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [c]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.

6[And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of [d]inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

The above passage makes it crystal clear that religion should not be means of self enrichment contrary to the practise of our Super rich Bishop David Oyedepo
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Krix147(m): 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2009
Why all these hoolabaloo about the glory of God in a buiulding or in a ship? There are things we don't argue about. If Faith Tabernacle is a glory to God, then God must take His glory notwithstanding who thinks the glory is His or not.

And if anyone thinks that the glory of God can not be seen in the work of a man, then that person should read the story of Noah and the ark, how God gave him specifications of which wood to use and the dimension of the ark.

The kingdom Jesus spoke about is His own body and not Faith Tabernacle or the Chinese shopping mall. I have nothing personal about any of y'all, but just don't talk down the work of God, an edifice with 50,000 seats without a single pillar holding it. That is enough food for thought.

I have never been there, but the bible says that "Jesus Christ returned with Holy Spirit and with power and his fame went abroad" The power that built that church has sent its fame abroad. So stop calling yourselves names and bless God for His doings.

Krix
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Gnike: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2009
Men and brethren, there's no need to argue and point fingers. I totally understand where "dtruth" is coming from and we all should see it from his point of view. He never asked us to Worship the building, just to appreciate God's greatness in helping Africans, Nigerians to be exact to bring about something that has world recognition. I'm sure if any of us builds an ordinary house we thank God for it and give him the "glory" for helping us bring it to pass abi? So why is this now a thing that we should frown at. Some of us travel out of the country and go site seeing. When we see the sites we say "God is wonderful" is that not giving God the "glory"? Lets try not to be self righteous, and assume we know the scriptures too well. That was one of the mistakes of the Pharisees, they thought they knew and understood the scriptures more than anyone else. Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he falls.

@ Dtruth, I give God the glory for the impartation of His Spirit that enabled the creation of such a wonderful edifice. To Him alone be the GLORY.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by KunleOshob(m): 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2009
Gnike:

Men and brethren, there's no need to argue and point fingers. I totally understand where "dtruth" is coming from and we all should see it from his point of view. He never asked us to Worship the building, just to appreciate God's greatness in helping Africans, Nigerians to be exact to bring about something that has world recognition. I'm sure if any of us builds an ordinary house we thank God for it and give him the "glory" for helping us bring it to pass abi? So why is this now a thing that we should frown at. Some of us travel out of the country and go site seeing. When we see the sites we say "God is wonderful" is that not giving God the "glory"? Lets try not to be self righteous, and assume we know the scriptures too well. That was one of the mistakes of the Pharisees, they thought they knew and understood the scriptures more than anyone else. Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he falls.

@ Dtruth, I give God the glory for the impartation of His Spirit that enabled the creation of such a wonderful edifice. To Him alone be the GLORY.

You must be on very cheap substances to think such a filthy building can glorify the almighty who created the heavens and the earth in the first instance. Did jesus ask us to be building monuments unto ourselves or did he ask us[christians] to use our resources to help the needy Here is what the bible as to say about so called "house of God" that our churches build to boost their egos.

Acts 17:24-25:

24 “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples, 25 and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.

Acts 7:48-49:
48 However, the Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says,
49 ‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Could you build me a temple as good as that?’
asks the Lord.
‘Could you build me such a resting place?
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by beautyp: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
GOD is good all d time,i bless GOD 4 his goo work
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Kay17: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2009
all that amid poverty. it is not strange, it was from the most poverty-stricken, most ignorant times and places of the earth that the catholic church built their massive cathedrals. meanwhile there are millions of that die from hunger, poverty and diseases. Winners means of solving it, is to waste huge sums of money on a building? is this an example of Jesus love?
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2009

God help us to see the true mission we should have one earth

You mean to tell me that some of those missionaries that left the comfort of their homes in europe to come to a poverty stricken continent like ours were never born again.This is the most ridiculous post I have seen in a nairaland.

Pentecostals have defined that term born again to mean some thing else other than what Jesus intended .That explains why a pastor would ask you to say some prayers and declare you born again.

Letme say it here and now that unless one is baptised ,if you like pray from now till to the end of the world you re merely wasting ur time.water baptism is not merely symbolic it is also salvific.
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Kay17: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
a good man without being baptised would go to hell?
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by selencious(f): 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
Now,thats whats up. Glory be 2 God
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by ogajim(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2010
OP is probably too young to remember that President Felix houphouet boigny built the biggest Basilica in the World -Basilica of Our Lady of Peace of Yamoussoukro, That too is in the Guinness book of records right?

OP not a reincarnation of (Emperor) Jean Bedel Bokassa I hope grin grin grin grin

Our God does not live in "Temples" built with human hands, he LIVES in you if you accept Jesus as you personal Lord and savior, hope this helps.

PS: Kunle has already dropped his dissertation like it's HOT!
Re: Faith Tabernacle Puts Nigeria In Guinness Book Of World Records by Oluboyo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
There is nothing bad in appreciated what God has done through his servant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Èjì Ogbè (baba Ifa) / Primate Ayodele: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo Caused Hatred, Envy In Christendom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.