Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja (29181 Views)

Lucky Igbinedion’s Mansion In Abuja (See The Multi-billion Naira House) / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Lashawnah(f): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Governor Peter Obi's newly built multi billion Naira mall
in Abuja! It is reportedly the highest and most
expensive mall in the whole of Africa. This man couldn't do this for Anambra, he did this for himself and his family.. Ohh lord, What a country !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by mosunade(f): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
A mall that has not even opened is already reported as the "highest and most expensive mall in the whole of Africa". LOL. Some people sha.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
OP here is Peter Obi's profile, he has made real money before venturing into politics. There is virtually no Nigerian politician with this type of ground breaking profile. He is even the owner of Fidelity bank

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED:

* Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)
* University of Nigeria, Nsukka, (B.A. Philosophy)
* Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)
* Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)
* London School of Economics “L.S.E” (Financial Mgt./Business Policy)
* Columbia Business School, New York U.S.A. (Marketing Management)
* Kellogg Graduate School of Management U.S.A. (Advanced Exec. Prog.)
* Institute for Management Dev. (IMD), Switzerland (Snr. Executive Forum)

PRESENT AND PAST POSITIONS

* GOVERNOR: ANAMBRA STATE OF NIGERIA
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: FIDELITY BANK PLC
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: GUARDIAN EXPRESS MORTGAGE BANK LTD
* FORMER DIRECTOR: GUARDIAN EXPRESS BANK PLC
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: FUTURE VIEW SECURITIES LIMITED
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: PAYMASTER NIGERIA LIMITED
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: NEXT INTERNATIONAL (NIGERIA) LTD
* FORMER DIRECTOR: CHAMS NIGERIA LIMITED
* FORMER CHAIRMAN: DATACORP LIMITED
* FORMER DIRECTOR: CARD CENTRE LIMITED

PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION/ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP:

* Member – Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
* Member – Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers
* Member – Common Wealth Business Council (CBC)
* Member – West African Business Committee (WABC)
* Member – British Institute of Directors (IOD)
* Member – British Nigerian Business Council (BNBC)
* Member – Nigerian South African Chamber of Commerce (NSACC)

http://www.anambrastate.gov.ng/office-of-gov.html

3 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
May i add that his BA. Philosophy was a 3rd class,no scorn intended,ofcourse that was b4 he discovered his flare for business and made gud use of it.Just to tell that graduate out there that thinks hes/her grade determines were he/she will end up in life...a whole lot has made it without the best results.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by nanomole: 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2012
chidyhels: May i add that his BA. Philosophy was a 3rd class,no scorn intendend,ofcourse that was b4 he discovered his flare for business and made gud use of it.Just to tell that graduate out there that thinks hes/her grade determines were he/she will end up in life...a whole lot has made it without the best results.

Many things can make you get a third class in Nigeria, including not dropping for your lecturer or buying their hand outs. I have learned not to trust grades given in Nigerian universities.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ohaneze1: OP here is Peter Obi's profile, he has made real money before venturing into politics. There is virtually no Nigerian politician with this type of ground breaking profile. He is even the owner of Fidelity bank

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

The above adds to my shock why the man still cannot develop the State. He just sits there and keeps complaining about poor federal allocation while Fashola is busy looking for means of IGRs to develop his state. Chimaroke came straight from London and was literally unopposed as we was seen as a messaih, but I don't want to go into how the man destroyed both the state and himself.

I know that there are forces that fight against development and good governance, but is it only in Nigeria they prevail.

Both the led and our leaders travel abroad and see how things work, many have made things work even where they worked abroad, but once they return here they loose it.

About 2 years ago When I traveled the Onitsha-Enugu express way where I used to ply in my campus days I saw unimaginable filth and gullies on a once smooth highway and was wondering what Governor Peter Obi was doing with all his experinces and qualifications leading those companies.

I'm short of words.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Lashawnah(f): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ohaneze1: OP here is Peter Obi's profile, he has made real money before venturing into politics. There is virtually no Nigerian politician with this type of ground breaking profile. He is even the owner of Fidelity bank

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

Yea Mr, i dont doubt all of this but why abuja, There are lots of lands in both onitsha and nnewi, hes supposed to be working towards making anambra better and exposed

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by TeeVibes(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
dont mind them they are all using our money abi i dey lie ny??
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
@biggoozz Thats a federal road your talking about...its nt suppose to be the state govt business...between obi is a pure business man..he dosnt go into ventures without profit in view.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
Biggoozz:

The above adds to my shock why the man still cannot develop the State. He just sits there and keeps complaining about poor federal allocation while Fashola is busy looking for means of IGRs to develop his state. Chimaroke came straight from London and was literally unopposed as we was seen as a messaih, but I don't want to go into how the man destroyed both the state and himself.

I know that there are forces that fight against development and good governance, but is it only in Nigeria they prevail.

Both the led and our leaders travel abroad and see how things work, many have made things work even where they worked abroad, but once they return here they loose it.

About 2 years ago When I traveled the Onitsha-Enugu express way where I used to ply in my campus days I saw unimaginable filth and gullies on a once smooth highway and was wondering what Governor Peter Obi was doing with all his experinces and qualifications leading those companies.

I'm short of words.

And who told you that Obi has not developed and industrialized Anambra beyond every other SE state?

Obi brought the singular FDIs worth over 15B..am talking of Sabmiller has been commissioned and running. This is singular investment that affected positively to Anambra and Nigeria at large.

Obi is developing all the sector simutenoulsy without looking back..

As for Onitsha-Awka federal highway it has since been awarded:

AWKA — THE Federal Government yesterday granted approval to Anambra State government to reconstruct the controversial Anambra end of the Onitsha-Enugu expressway.

Anambra State would receive reimbursement from the Federal Government later.

The approval was seen as a great relief to Governor Peter Obi, who had been pleading with the Federal Government to allow the state government reconstruct the road and get the money later in the interest of the users.

Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, who announced the approval during a visit to Governor Obi in Awka, said President Goodluck Jonathan’s approval was due to the governor’s consistent pleading and several representations to the Federal Government on the need for speedy completion of the project.

According to the minister, the Bridgehead to Zik’s round about axis of the dual carriageway was awarded to the Nigercat Construction Company, while Zik’s roundabout to Amansea in Awka was awarded to the Consolidated Construction Company – CCC, and explained that the partitioning of the road to the two contractors was to ensure early completion of the project and save the people of the South-East from untold hardship.

He said: “The president has approved that Anambra State government should finance the job which the new contractor -Nigercat- will do, while the federal ministry of works will reimburse the state at the end of the project.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/reconstruction-of-onitsha-enugu-expressway-fg-gives-approval-to-anambra/

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
chidyhels: @biggoozz Thats a federal road your talking about...its nt suppose to be the state govt business...between obi is a pure business man..he dosnt go into ventures without profit in view.

But the Federal roads are causing the state gross losses, and BTW that road wasn't the only eye sore I saw there. Which investor would put his money in that state? That is why he rather invested at Abj, good business man of course.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Biggoozz:

But the Federal roads are causing the state gross losses, and BTW that road wasn't the only eye sore I saw there. Which investor would put his money in that state? That is why he rather invested at Abj, good business man of course.

ask well...he was appealing to the fg to be allowd to take over the road...check well.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
Construction of the Onitsha-Awka fed road has since begun, below is the present state of Upper Iweka (Now Emeka Ojukwu Way). Work is still ongoing because this first ashphalt lay, final coating is being done.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ohaneze1:

And who told you that Obi has not developed and industrialized Anambra beyond every other SE state?

Obi brought the singular FDIs worth over 15B..am talking of Sabmiller has been commissioned and running. This is singular investment that affected positively to Anambra and Nigeria at large.

Bro, don't tell me about my state where I grew and schooled. I was at Nnewi during Ojukwu's burial and couldn't belive what the environment I was familiar with had turned to. PO may have brought a few FDIs, but look at his CV again and tell me why that state has not progressed beyond the way he met it?

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ddaji(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Huge investment in Abuja at this critical time of BIAfRA struggle.Hmmm are these igbos serious about biafra or just bunch of noisemakers.mts........nonsense

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
chidyhels:
ask well...he was appealing to the fg to be allowd to take over the road...check well.

I will investigate it, but give me your source if you have any. Never heard about any such thing.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
Lashawnah: Governor Peter Obi's newly built multi billion Naira mall
in Abuja! It is reportedly the highest and most
expensive mall in the whole of Africa. This man couldn't do this for Anambra, he did this for himself and his family.. Ohh lord, What a country !

BTW @ OP, where is your source? My arguemnt is on PO's CV against his acheivement and not your story. Provide a link to this story pls.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ogojohn(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=Ohaneze1]

AWKA — THE Federal Government yesterday granted approval to Anambra State government to reconstruct the controversial Anambra end of the Onitsha-Enugu expressway.

The approval was seen as a great relief to Governor Peter Obi, who had been pleading with the Federal Government to allow the state government reconstruct the road and get the money later in the interest of the users.

Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, who announced the approval during a visit to Governor Obi in Awka, said President Goodluck Jonathan’s approval was due to the governor’s consistent pleading and several representations to the Federal Government on the need for speedy completion of the project.

According to the minister, the Bridgehead to Zik’s round about axis of the dual carriageway was awarded to the Nigercat Construction Company, while Zik’s roundabout to Amansea in Awka was awarded to the Consolidated Construction Company – CCC, and explained that the partitioning of the road to the two contractors was to ensure early completion of the project and save the people of the South-East from untold hardship.

He said: “The president has approved that Anambra State government should finance the job which the new contractor -Nigercat- will do, while the federal ministry of works will reimburse the state at the end of the project.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/reconstruction-of-onitsha-enugu-expressway-fg-gives-approval-to-anambra/[/quote,. I WONDER WHY WE ARE ALWAYS SHORT SIGHTED. NO RULER IN NIGERIA IS A BAD ONE UNTIL HE LEAVES OFFICE. SO I SHALL BE THE PATIENT VULTURE. I WILL WAIT AND SEE HIS PROFILE TWO YEARS AFTER LEAVING OFFICE. LET US KNOW IF IF CAN STILL BE COMPARED WIT NGIGE WHO 8 YEARS AFTER LEAVING OFFICE IS STIL AS POPULAR AS EVER. WHO TOLD YOU THAT THOSE WHO MADE MONEY BEFORE THEY ENTER GOVERNMENT DO NOT STEAL MORE. GOVERNOR OBI WILL BE KNOWN IN TWO YEARS TIME. WE SHOULD FORGET ABOUT HIS FAN BOYS.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by otokx(m): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
What can we say?
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Lashawnah(f): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ddaji: Huge investment in Abuja at this critical time of BIAfRA struggle.Hmmm are these igbos serious about biafra or just bunch of noisemakers.mts........nonsense
My dear pls ask them !
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
More on Onitsha..

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Lashawnah(f): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Biggoozz:

BTW @ OP, where is your source? My arguemnt is on PO's CV against his acheivement and not your story. Provide a link to this story pls.
You should google it .
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is being constructed in GRA-Onitsha, billed to be completed march 2013.

Governor Peter Obi has officially laid the foundation stone of the multi-billion naira Anambra State Hotel and Convention Centre, Onitsha. The facility is one of the multiple development projects to be sited in the area. He announced that before the end of the year government will also lay the foundation stone for an international shopping mall in the area. According to the Governor, other similar shopping malls will also be built in Awka and Nnewi.

Performing the function, Governor Obi said the project was part of the initiatives to restore the glory of the commercial city and attract back businesses as well as generate employment. He said the projects would provide suitable facilities for investors and others visiting the State.

The Governor disclosed that measures have been initiated to boast power supply to the State to fast tract industrial development and enhance socio-economic activities.

The traditional ruler of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe observed that it was the first time such project is being sitted in the area as is happening in many parts of the State and commended the Governor for maintaining his tempo of development in all sectors under Governor Obi and urged the people to take steps to ensure sustainability.

On why the foundation was just laid even when the building has reached the 4th floor, the Commissioner for Local Government, Mrs Azuka Enemuo said that all attempts to lay the foundation earlier was not possible as the Governor maintained that such acts were mere ceremonies and that what mattered most was that work was going on.

Speaking later, the Transition Committee Chairman, Orumba North, Mr. Emeka Aforka said the Governor had created enabling environment for tourism to thrive and enjoined the organized private sector to take advantage of the opportunity.

Also speaking, the Transition Committee Chairman, Anocha Local Government Council, Mr. Emeka Chijioke said the hotel would further raise standard in the city and generate employment.

BELOW ARE THE PICTURES OF THE PROJECT..

It was designed by a South African firm..

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ohaneze1:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/reconstruction-of-onitsha-enugu-expressway-fg-gives-approval-to-anambra/

^^^Cheers for the info'; the article was about 4 months ago, so i presume work would have reached an advanced stage.....or are we gonna hear 'rainy season' excuses again? undecided

Would like to see pics of the current stage of work on this road, if anyone can provide them.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
poor things
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Cheers for the info'; the article was about 4 months ago, so i presume work would have reached an advanced stage.....or are we gonna hear 'rainy season' excuses again? undecided

Would like to see pics of the current stage of work on this road, if anyone can provide them.

Work is ongoing. If you have passed the road recently you will notice that 2 contractors are busying the express. Niger Cat is constructing from Head Bridge to Ziks's Junction, while CCC is constructing from Zik's Junctn to Awka end of the fed. expressway
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Just seen the pics (which are are repost!); but i do wish the state or local gov't responsible could invest in a few road-sweepers (human or mechanical) and plant trees on both sides of the highway.

Sometimes you wonder why these guys that make numerous trips abroad (to places like Dubai/London/New York) can't see the need for a beautiful/clean/green environment .
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ohaneze1:

Work is ongoing. If you have passed the road recently you will notice that 2 contractors are busying the express. Niger Cat is constructing from Head Bridge to Ziks's Junction, while CCC is constructing from Zik's Junctn to Awka end of the fed. expressway

^^^Seen the pics you posted....thanks. smiley
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Ohaneze1: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
The LG Anids Entertainment and 5 star Boutique Hotel is also ongoing in Awka. Link below

http://lganidsmall.com/index.html
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Biggoozz: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
Thanks Ohaneze for those pictures, need to know what is happening back home.
Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by pimplucious: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Why igbo's like investing in the northern states beats me! cant they frigging figure nigeria is in the verge of splitting? and if nigeia eventually split what happen to their investments? shm

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
The rhetorical question is between Onitsha and Abuja which is more commercially viable? The markets in Onitsha just like most open markets in Nigerian shanty cities are of the lowest standard on earth, why can't Obi set a new standard by siting this project at Oba or Nkpor and make the stands affordable for a take off of advanced shopping in Onitsha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara / Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Okowa At Government House Asaba / Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.