Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? (1085 Views)

Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours / Petition Against Saraki's Wife: Our Signatures Were Forged-pdp / Gov. Yari Defeats Father-in-law In Zamfara Guber Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by 1ndidi2(f): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2012
Saw this on Coolfm's 95.9 Port Harcourt facebook page.

A gay lobby in the United States, All Out, has started a global campaign to collect 100,000 signatures of sympathizers to mount pressure on Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan not to sign the impending law against homosexuals. As at Saturday evening, the group has collected close to 70,000 signatures. But how these efforts will persuade President Jonathan not to sign the bill into law, remains to be seen. The group claims to be working with partner organisations in Nigeria, such as Changing Attitude Nigeria, Improve Your Health Initiative, Initiative for Advancement of Humanity, International Centre for Advocacy on Right to Health, Sexual Minorities Against.

Do you think GEJ would yield to this pressure?
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
I hope he does. I'm so sick and tired of people telling us how to live our lives. We're GAY! And we re so proud of it, anyone who doesnt like it can go and hang.

2 Likes

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Gboliwe: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
1ndidi2: Saw this on Coolfm's 95.9 Port Harcourt facebook page.

A gay lobby in the United States, All Out, has started a global campaign to collect 100,000 signatures of sympathizers to mount pressure on Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan not to sign the impending law against homosexuals. As at Saturday evening, the group has collected close to 70,000 signatures. But how these efforts will persuade President Jonathan not to sign the bill into law, remains to be seen. The group claims to be working with partner organisations in Nigeria, such as Changing Attitude Nigeria, Improve Your Health Initiative, Initiative for Advancement of Humanity, International Centre for Advocacy on Right to Health, Sexual Minorities Against.

Do you think GEJ would yield to this pressure?
May God give him wisdom.
A little leaven leavens the entire loaf
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by seanet01: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
INNO18: I hope he does. I'm so sick and tired of people telling us how to live our lives. We're GAY! And we re so proud of it, anyone who doesnt like it can go and hang.
If i can have the chance to see you face to face, i will make sure your head is served as dinner for Our Ferocious god of Ogun. Gays have no place in Nigeria. Don't carry your madness to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
seanet01: If i can have the chance to see you face to face, i will make sure your head is served as dinner for Our Ferocious god of Ogun. Gays have no place in Nigeria. Don't carry your madness to Nigeria
This is what kills Africans. Hypocrisy! Let me ask you, what business of yours is it with whatever i choose to do with my body If i so wish to lie with a donkey, it in no way affects you! So why dont you just live ur life and let me live mine. Bloody pharisee!

2 Likes

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by seanet01: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
INNO18: This is what kills Africans. Hypocrisy! Let me ask you, what business of yours is it with whatever i choose to do with my body If i so wish to lie with a donkey, it in no way affects you! So why dont you just live ur life and let me live mine. Bloody pharisee!
No room for madness mr. Gay. You deserve to be chased and hounded down with your head pumped with bullets while your carcass is feed to hungry savages. I repeat No room for sodom in Nigeria
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by MajeOfficial: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
But you're ok with describing murdering a human being in graphic detail?
From reading your post, you seem more mentally unstable and dangerous than any homosexual in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Chamber10(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
INNO18: I hope he does. I'm so sick and tired of people telling us how to live our lives. We're GAY! And we re so proud of it, anyone who doesnt like it can go and hang.

'Tired of people tellimg you how to live ur life', See ur mouth, which life Haven't you heard of morality and God's purpose for creation? Guy go and find solution to ur predicament. Gay will NEVER work in Nigeria!!!
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by BetaThings: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
INNO18: This is what kills Africans. Hypocrisy! Let me ask you, what business of yours is it with whatever i choose to do with my body If i so wish to lie with a donkey, it in no way affects you! So why dont you just live ur life and let me live mine. Bloody pharisee!

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/homosexual-lobby-mounts-pressure-on-jonathan/

Let hypocrisy kill us as Africans. You can go to Antarctica and Europe
Let us catch you! You will be praying for lynching
If Jonathan does not sign it, you will be sorry. Your lives will be worth nothing. You think this is Britain or the US? Just show your
No place will be safe for you The policemen are less than 600,000. They will not able to cope!

To start with, we can muster 20m signatures easily. If all you perished, Nigeria would not feel it!
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by markus1133: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
2be ...
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by seanet01: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=]But you're ok with describing murdering a human being in graphic detail?
From reading your post, you seem more mentally unstable and dangerous than any homosexual in Nigeria. [/quote] Sir were! So we should allow this set m0rons to destroy our heritage, culture and bring the resulting wrath of God with their uselessness. If you yourself deserve to be shot.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by seanet01: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Chamber10:

'Tired of people tellimg you how to live ur life', See ur mouth, which life Haven't you heard of morality and God's purpose for creation? Guy go and find solution to ur predicament. Gay will NEVER work in Nigeria!!!
thank you jare. All sensible Muslims and Christians must unite against this barbaric act in Our Land.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
I don't see the need for the gay law in the first place, it's just the introduction of the 5000 naira note. Nigerians are too homophobic for an anti-gay law to be in place.

3 Likes

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by naptu2: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Are the petitioners nigerian and are they based in Nigeria?

I doubt if it would have any effect if the petitioners are not Nigerian or based in Nigeria.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by BetaThings: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
J12: I don't see the need for the gay law in the first place, it's just the introduction of the 5000 naira note. Nigerians are too homophobic for an anti-gay law to be in place.

A phobia is an irrational fear. We don't fear fa..ots. We HATE them. What is it about you that we fear! How many of you are there?
We just want you out of our lebensraum. Antarctica is a possible destination. We will arrange visa and transportation for you
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by ParisLove2(f): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
If they want to ban homosexuality, they should include child marriage and polygamy to it.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nigerians and their hypocrisy.

seanet01: thank you jare. All sensible Muslims and Christians must unite against this barbaric act in Our Land.

Barbaric? When an old aged man sleeps with a 12yo young girl, what is that called? Let me guess, CULTURE AND RELIGION.

From perversion to pedophilia to animal sexual abuse behaviours haven't been address by NASS, it's less irrelevant issue that has little or no effect is what's disturbing them...smh

My advice, if you gonna ban barbaric behavior, let's all stand up and ban them ALTOGETHER. They should look no further to Nigerian and ban other social vices as well. I strongly believe pedophiles should get 100yrs in jail.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by seanet01: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
manny4life: Nigerians and their hypocrisy.

Barbaric? When an old aged man sleeps with a 12yo young girl, what is that called? Let me guess, CULTURE AND RELIGION.

From perversion to pedophilia to animal sexual abuse behaviours haven't been address by NASS, it's less irrelevant issue that has little or no effect is what's disturbing them...smh

My advice, if you gonna ban barbaric behavior, let's all stand up and ban them ALTOGETHER. They should look no further to Nigerian and ban other social vices as well. I strongly believe pedophiles should get 100yrs in jail.
Can you see your madness? In your haste to create the impression that you are intelligent you ended up portraying yourself as a deluded and bloody mor0n, you ended up saying thrash and making no sense.
Where on this nairaland have you ever seem me seanet01 support the practice of marrying under age girls, search all the threads that relate with such issues and you will see i have always been against it. The problem with you niggas is that you always want to create those bloody impression. Be careful

1 Like

Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
BetaThings:

A phobia is an irrational fear. We don't fear fa..ots. We HATE them. What is it about you that we fear! How many of you are there?
We just want you out of our lebensraum. Antarctica is a possible destination. We will arrange visa and transportation for you

hahahahaha! Who is you?
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
first of all, I ain't gayy but the introduction of this law would do more harm to me than good. I can just imagine a guy shouting he's just räpedundecided
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by BetaThings: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
manny4life: Nigerians and their hypocrisy.

So we must address all issues once and for all otherwise, nothing
Then let us withdraw the budget from NASS until PIB is passed!

Some anti-social foreigners are telling Nigerians how to make laws. Are we still a colony?
Although I know some Nigerians still live in mental servitude to thinking of the West- a Washington consensus-type mindset
But we would not have it!
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by manny4life(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
seanet01: Can you see your madness? In your haste to create the impression that you are intelligent you ended up portraying yourself as a deluded and bloody mor0n, you ended up saying thrash and making no sense.
Where on this nairaland have you ever seem me seanet01 support the practice of marrying under age girls, search all the threads that relate with such issues and you will see i have always been against it. The problem with you niggas is that you always want to create those bloody impression. Be careful

LOL, who's claiming intelligence? If you're fucking intimidated by what I said, get a psych reevaluation. LMAO, dude using the n word,tryna talk act black and sh.it, dude, stop bickering. It's def not good for you. Now, if u don't like it, go and hand, meanwhile my stand is CLEAR.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by manny4life(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
BetaThings:

So we must address all issues once and for all otherwise, nothing
Then let us withdraw the budget from NASS until PIB is passed!

Some anti-social foreigners are telling Nigerians how to make laws. Are we still a colony?
Although I know some Nigerians still live in mental servitude to thinking of the West- a Washington consensus-type mindset
But we would not have it!

My friend, call a spade a spade. If the severity of the gay issue isn't on the same file as pedophilia, then what is? YES, we must address KEY social vices once and for all - if you gonna address gay behaviors that's not affecting people's lives, how much more the one that occurs before our own noses?

No one is telling you how to make your laws, just make sure your laws are consistent, period
You're right, I couldn't agree with you more - most Nigerians still live in Africa's mental slavery - when it's good, let's look up to them, when it's bad, we can make our own laws...shioor.

No ones has asked you to have it or not, simply, advocate for tougher bill. An old man sleeping with a 12 year girl is the most disgusting, mental deranged behavior than homosexuality, YET, you haven't asserted "WE WOULD NOT HAVE IT"...
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by nku5: 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
If they like they should collect 1 billion signatures, gays will NEVER walk free in nigeria. Goodluck should be very careful of what he soils his hands with
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by BetaThings: 12:15am On Nov 19, 2012
manny4life:

My friend, call a spade a spade. If the severity of the gay issue isn't on the same file as pedophilia, then what is? YES, we must address KEY social vices once and for all - if you gonna address gay behaviors that's not affecting people's lives, how much more the one that occurs before our own noses?

No one is telling you how to make your laws, just make sure your laws are consistent, period
You're right, I couldn't agree with you more - most Nigerians still live in Africa's mental slavery - when it's good, let's look up to them, when it's bad, we can make our own laws...shioor.

No ones has asked you to have it or not, simply, advocate for tougher bill. An old man sleeping with a 12 year girl is the most disgusting, mental deranged behavior than homosexuality, YET, you haven't asserted "WE WOULD NOT HAVE IT"...

FIRST PART
Look 13, 14, 15, 16 etc can be debated. These are ages of consent in various countries
What was the age of consent in America 100 years ago
Age of consent was 10 sometime ago in the US
What makes you think people that will be born 100 years from now will not fix it at 21 and call your generation pedophiles?

Anyway, how can doing something normal with an underaged (arbitrarily defined in various countries) be MORE DISGUSTING than something abnormal (biologically) and unsustaianable
What makes you think that fa.ggo.otry cannot be combined with pedophilia?
How will fa..ots get new partners if not by recruiting from the younger generation
Do you think they wait till these people are all grown up before initiating them into their fold?

2ND PART
So pedo.philes are collecting signatures, bringing in foreigners to influence our social policies?
Can I publicly speak against Homos in some countries? No
Can I speak against ped.op.hiles everywhere? Yes
Are homos trying to dictate social agenda? Yes
And pedophiles? They are being harassed and picked up by sting operation

Homos are trying to ensure that freedom of speech is abridged!
But to you that is not calling a spade a spade

Anyway, Jonathan got 23million (not 23,000) votes in 2011
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 19, 2012
100k signature, 170m people.

Yipppeeeee kayay!!!!
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by jmaine: 12:33am On Nov 19, 2012
Time wasting venture . . . . .Even if they amass the entire population of China as signatories. . .There is still Nothing for them . . . .
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Johndoe100(m): 5:22am On Nov 19, 2012
Having any such law on the statute books will affect Nigeria in so many ways. GEJ is aware of this. The law will be in breech of so many treaty obligations and so on. Do you people know that every year the AG goes to the UN to brief them on how the country is integrating gays and lesbians into mainstream society?
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by Sagamite(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
Johndoe100: Having any such law on the statute books will affect Nigeria in so many ways. GEJ is aware of this. The law will be in breech of so many treaty obligations and so on. Do you people know that every year the AG goes to the UN to brief them on how the country is integrating gays and lesbians into mainstream society?

Please name the treaty obligations.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by anulaxad(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
let me tell you something about Africa s tradition in the old days if you were gay nothing will happen to you and they always say there's a reason.example of a story in Nigeria a girl was a lesbian and her grandma said the reason why was because her auntie died with out having a husband.and because the western world stepped in (Europeans and Arabs ) they made us believe that its wrong.like northern Nigeria is most populated by Muslims and southern Nigeria most populated by Christians thanks to the British.and yes i'm christian so i think being gay is immoral.
Re: 100,000 Signatures Against Homosexual Law In 9ja! 2be Or Not 2be? by 1ndidi2(f): 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
anulaxad: let me tell you something about Africa s tradition in the old days if you were gay nothing will happen to you and they always say there's a reason.example of a story in Nigeria a girl was a lesbian and her grandma said the reason why was because her auntie died with out having a husband.and because the western world stepped in (Europeans and Arabs ) they made us believe that its wrong.like northern Nigeria is most populated by Muslims and southern Nigeria most populated by Christians thanks to the British.and yes i'm christian so i think being gay is immoral.

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Kaduna State Gov Yakowa And Patrick Azazi Are Dead? / Governor Sullivan Chime Of Enugu State Allegedly Dies In India / Emir Of Kano Attacked By Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.