Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9822 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
Em... What is garri comment?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Oahray: Em... What is garri comment?

Is that the essence of the thread?

Please, I wont attend to any garri things from now on let's focus on the subject matter at hand

Have you read the structure, what do you think cos I know you were enthusiastic about the debate in the previous thread? smiley

Waiting for your feedback
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
is the audience vote done by poll- how many vote(s) per person?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Caracta(f): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
Cuddles, about the audience's vote, are you sure the audience won't be bias? You don't expect me not to vote for the peeps i roll with on nl, irrespective of their inputs. Is it a poll thing or what? What's the style of measurement?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Caracta: Cuddles, about the audience's vote, are you sure the audience won't be bias? You don't expect me not to vote for the peeps i roll with on nl, irrespective of their inputs. Is it a poll thing or what? What's the style of measurement?
That's true. Some people will just vote without even reading what there person they voted for said/wrote
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Caracta: Cuddles, about the audience's vote, are you sure the audience won't be bias? You don't expect me not to vote for the peeps i roll with on nl, irrespective of their inputs. Is it a poll thing or what? What's the style of measurement?
Mynd_44:
That's true. Some people will just vote without even reading what there person they voted for said/wrote

Check my statement below.

@All . . . We mentioned that we still have one more feature to introduce concerning this debate and it is like a joker. This feature will eliminate the issue of being biased and also the issue of using more than one userID to vote.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pharoh:

Check my statement below.

@All . . . We mentioned that we still have one more feature to introduce concerning this debate and it is like a joker. This feature will eliminate the issue of being biased and also the issue of using more than one userID to vote.
Okay. I await that
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
focusstayed: is the audience vote done by poll- how many vote(s) per person?

The audience vote will not be done by poll and any member who wants to vote will just come in during the time allocated for that and say i vote for this debater and for the following reasons like a comment on the thread. For now we have limited it to one vote per person even though there are more than one pair of debaters.

We will then count the votes for each debater and match it against the eligibility rule to get the valid votes and declare the audience winners from the total collated votes.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Pharoh: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
I should say there is no full proof system or strategy but for this feature to work effectively ( like we hoped ) then we will need the cooperation of the Organizers, Judges,Debaters,Audience and friends of etc to act responsibly towards this debate.

We will be revealing the feature in full by Wednesday or Thursday this week so watch out for that and keep on commenting about the other aspect of the debate. Please everyone can check the debate timeline to see the time allocated for audience questions and voting.

Note: This same feature negates the issue of the judges being biased or giving their vote to the members they role with on nairaland.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Is that the essence of the thread?

Please, I wont attend to any garri things from now on let's focus on the subject matter at hand

Have you read the structure, what do you think cos I know you were enthusiastic about the debate in the previous thread? smiley

Waiting for your feedback
Sorry, no vex. Was simply curious.
I think the schedule is alright. About the audience voting... Nice idea to get everyone involved but... It might get really rowdy and I dunno if it would be easy to moderate the thread. IMO, the less complicated the judging process, the better. I would have loved to vote though, but I am a Nairaland newbie in every sense of the word, so I would likely not be eligible anyway. Guess I'd just watch.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cowgurl: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
~*~Kisses to the hardworking organizers for a job well structured~*~
cos am really, really feeling/loving it, all of it and 'v gat no objections but guys, enough with the suspense, it's killing, and update the whole deal.

so which topic is dying first?

'v just gat to say this, so my apologies first...
regardless of their gender, am cool with the judges, so,
@the zealous Organizers, honourable Judges and abled Debaters,
RESPECT! for not being deterred cos I almost gave this up after following the last thread.
till then, 'l be seeing you all...

**off to go rent a lappy to begin my research**
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by tirtimy: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Waiting patiently and anxiously.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greatgod2012(f): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
cowgurl: ~*~Kisses to the hardworking organizers for a job well structured~*~
cos am really, really feeling/loving it, all of it and 'v gat no objections but guys, enough with the suspense, it's killing, and update the whole deal.

so which topic is dying first?

'v just gat to say this, so my apologies first...
regardless of their gender, am cool with the judges, so,
@the zealous Organizers, honourable Judges and abled Debaters,
RESPECT! for not being deterred cos I almost gave this up after following the last thread.
till then, 'l be seeing you all...

**off to go rent a lappy to begin my research**

thanks, my sister, u just spoke my mind as regards d last thread, now, im cool..........,no leele.
As regards lappy, why borrowing, u can still make use of ur phone, but if u can get it easily, then no problem, as for me sha, im using my phone, my lappy broke down since June, and cant afford to get alternative, so i got to use my phone.

@ cuddlemi & others, u peeps are really working, i doff my cap 4 all of u, well-done, d Lord is your strength.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
Is d font colour tin necessary?cos na my fone me 2 fit use ohhhh
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Idowuogbo(f): 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
Wey my name? angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by sino(m): 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Looking forward to the D-Day...

Very nice topics, especially the child soldiers, wondering how one would argue in support of it, i cant wait to find out.

I salute the organizers, keep up the good work.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 12:52am On Nov 20, 2012
Pharoh:

The audience vote will not be done by poll and any member who wants to vote will just come in during the time allocated for that and say i vote for this debater and for the following reasons like a comment on the thread. For now we have limited it to one vote per person even though there are more than one pair of debaters.

We will then count the votes for each debater and match it against the eligibility rule to get the valid votes and declare the audience winners from the total collated votes.

are you a female debater too- what kind of lady calls herself pharoh undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:18am On Nov 20, 2012
Idowuogbo: Wey my name? angry angry angry

You want to debate? which topic?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:21am On Nov 20, 2012
cdamsel: Is d font colour tin necessary?cos na my fone me 2 fit use ohhhh

Yay, you finally came wink smiley
We will investigate the usage of font colors via the phone.
Let's get back to you, ok?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:28am On Nov 20, 2012
Oahray: Sorry, no vex. Was simply curious.
I think the schedule is alright. About the audience voting... Nice idea to get everyone involved but... It might get really rowdy and I dunno if it would be easy to moderate the thread. IMO, the less complicated the judging process, the better. I would have loved to vote though, but I am a Nairaland newbie in every sense of the word, so I would likely not be eligible anyway. Guess I'd just watch.

Vex? Never!
Aren't you enjoying the peace & love?
We had to ensure we are smiling all through this threadcheesy
Anyways, whatever form of participation from you will be appreciated
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 2:30am On Nov 20, 2012
Rocktation:

God de... lipsrsealed

I trust you jare.
You can do it! cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Yay, you finally came wink smiley
We will investigate the usage of font colors via the phone.
Let's get back to you, ok?
ok kiss
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
Cuddles....
The organizers...

(You're appreciated) cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2012
FOR MOBILE/SMART PHONE USERS:

Color fonts should work on your phones.
Depending on the kind of phones you are using though.
That been said, there is no harm in trying it out now to see if it will works,
so,we can take the next course of action on that.

Members of the project team use their phones most of the time and using font colors has been very easy for them.
Waiting for your feedback.
Thanks!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2012
Cuddlemii: FOR MOBILE/SMART PHONE USERS:

Color fonts should work on your phones.
Depending on the kind of phones you are using though.
That been said, there is no harm in trying it out now to see if it will works,
so,we can take the next course of action on that.

Members of the project team use their phones most of the time and using font colors has been very easy for them.
Waiting for your feedback.
Thanks![/color]
If you use a phone, changing the colour of your font is easy

Above the reply box is an Option, "change colour" click on it and it will show you the colour options available. Click on your prefered colour, and a couple of codes will appear to encapsulate your post. Click submit and the colour change will be in effect. Simple
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2012
[/color]hello cuddle,test transmission[color=#000099]
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 9:33am On Nov 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
If you use a phone, changing the colour of your font is easy

Above the reply box is an Option, "change colour" click on it and it will show you the colour options available. Click on your prefered colour, and a couple of codes will appear to encapsulate your post. Click submit and the colour change will be in effect. Simple
hw come d colour colour tin & code show?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2012
cdamsel: hw come d colour colour tin & code show?
Okay lemme tryhmmm. Testing
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2012
Try typing you reply in between the codes before this "[/colour]

try that
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2012
I neva knew NL could hav such ambition. This is a nice step in a nice direction at d ryt time. Personally, I luv literature bt it pains me dat I cnt stay deep in2 it cos am a science student,bt generally dis is wot NL shuld b meant 4. I wil b personally watchin ma dudes who ar performing, most of them ar trouble makers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

50 Shades Of Grey Part 2 / Love Story: Kate And Godwin / The Bonny Island Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.