Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,524 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (165108 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hello Guys! Lets share our exprience in our respective companies, the challanges we face, the good tidings of each companies and compare it with each. The main reasons i'm doing this here is because i got loads of mail from Nairalanders asking me to give them crew about all these companies concerning the post i made some time ago.

Here we go. I have worked in the following companies they have their good and their bad. (1) MOBIL (PH): here i just worked as a contract staff so no much benefit or packages for me as a contract staff.

(2) AgipsadBrass Island Bayelsa) I Worked as HSE Adviser here, left them many years back due to they don't pay their staff on time.

(3) NLNG, (Bonny Island R/State) one of the best. If not the best everybody would wish to work for, I worked as SAP Team member here, they have good tidings and good packages for their staff (not contractors staff) one of the good thing i like about them is, they allow their staff to make use of their hilux outside the company site unlike other coys,, you can go with it and flex as much as u can without much limitations, they pay their staff every last friday of the month,

They often host party for their staff/ the host community last saturday of every month.

(4)SPDC (Bonny Island) Currently working here as Network/System Admin . Though they are good, but not like Shell we use to know before, since most directors now are naija made lol, and they are more into contracting jobs unlike before, things have really changed. though they still pay well but not as it used to be , but their working polices is not easy to maintain. The only advantage of working with them is their (Electronic ID) Which permits/gives u access to all the shell terminals nation wide and beyond, and it gives u access to eat in any of the (SPDC Canteen) the ID also enables you to have access to their internet service when you slot it in their customized keyboard. You will as well enjoy what they call (HAPPY HOUR) is party that comes up every last friday of the month.

You can sign in about (5) of your friends using ur ID card, they will be offered free drinks and foods all night in the party. Top naija artists use to perform live during the party.

Omo come see chicks begging you to sign them in, u just dey form like...eh." but you don't dare go out with any Spdc hilux out of the terminals except on official duty, but i guess is because of the IVMS on the vehicles which monitors your speed limits, that might affect the audit during the monthly vehicles inspection audit.

Feel free to shares urs let's have fun of it ( sorry i'm typing through my phone so the text might lack formatting and lots of typooooo.
keep it rolling

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pls dnt ask me for the monthly pay. Thnx
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
This thread doesn't make sense without disclosing d monthly pay.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
@mko. Lol but i gave out hints already on how the companies treats their staff that should give you enough crew na, mind you their basic pay differs base on ones qualification, position, and job type. Though years of experience in the field is one of the most important factors that determine ones monthly basic pay in some of the companies.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
@scantee
not to go offtopic but i need your advice. I have a 3rd class b.eng elect elect eng. I love to work offshore coz ive been there in my industrial training. So can you tell me if certifications and training can take me there? And what certifications do i need to get an offshore gig?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
scantee: @mko. Lol but i gave out hints on how do companies does na, mind you their basic pay differs base on ones qualification, position, and job type. Though ones experience in the field is one of the most important factors that determine ones monthly basic pay in some of the companies.
U were not specific in monetary package,even if it differs.mention dose u knw very well .
Atleast,u ar truly in d organisation u shud knw beta,dat is d essence of this thread.
Nobody will robb u if u mention d take home package.lol
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
babaearly: @scantee
not to go offtopic but i need your advice. I have a 3rd class b.eng elect elect eng. I love to work offshore coz ive been there in my industrial training. So can you tell me if certifications and training can take me there? And what certifications do i need to get an offshore gig?
well i don't really knw the certification, may be i'll advice you go for swimming training (course) and marine safety Training. With that i think you stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Scantee, are you a contract staff at SPDC? You don't 'sound' like a full SPDC staff. No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Jarus: Scantee, are you a contract staff at SPDC? You don't 'sound' like a full SPDC staff. No offence meant.
Not Really. Full staff, why do u ask? Note the detail about spdc i gave has noting to do with senior staff. The line is jst for newly employed.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:04am On Nov 19, 2012
why is it that when we talk about oil coys in 9ja the only ones that come to mind are SHEll.MOBIL, total ,lng, chevron...i know they are production coys...but when we want to talk about remunerations not only these popular coy pay well...oil servicing company and offshore construction coys give competitive packages too.. It may even suprise you to know that they pay higher than these production companies.....Also for the issue of contract staff n permanent staffs.....Internationally, contract staffs are paid better and higher remunerations than permanent staffs...we have people who go home for example in 9ja 500euros per day rate u can calculate that n see that people are paid salaries of 30 milliom naira or more in a year....shine your eyes it is true without mincing words.....i work offshore and i can confirm this to be true......on the other hand a permanent staff may not receive up to half of his yearly pay....contract staffing in 9ja is being abused by contractors who collect bulk of the money n chop the others....There are companies after paying u all these money gives u a fone for unlimited calling as u like and also open an a company personal account for u where they load it with minimum of 1000pound or so for company emergencies assigned to u..this is not part of your salary o.....guys things are happening in the oil/gas sector that if u hear more u will just be drooling......forget party n monthly food ...thats not the important thing..........Its fun working for oil servicing coys..esp the offshore company cos u dont go to work every morning and come back in the evening...u go offshores and when u are at home u have time for urself no work and your family...u can do whatever u like travel to which ever country u like and be free.....so leave SHELL, MOBIL...LNG...Or the others mata jare......LG....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:06am On Nov 19, 2012
If u notice oyibo people prefer to work contract jobs than being staffs.....so forget staff mata...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 19, 2012
@efe2luv
Bro pls can i get your contact? I'll like to talk with you on something about offshore gigs. Mine is 08160164718.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2012
efe2luv: why is it that when we talk about oil coys in 9ja the only ones that come to mind are SHEll.MOBIL, total ,lng, chevron...i know they are production coys...but when we want to talk about remunerations not only these popular coy pay well...oil servicing company and offshore construction coys give competitive packages too.. It may even suprise you to know that they pay higher than these production companies.....Also for the issue of contract staff n permanent staffs.....Internationally, contract staffs are paid better and higher remunerations than permanent staffs...we have people who go home for example in 9ja 500euros per day rate u can calculate that n see that people are paid salaries of 30 milliom naira or more in a year....shine your eyes it is true without mincing words.....i work offshore and i can confirm this to be true......on the other hand a permanent staff may not receive up to half of his yearly pay....contract staffing in 9ja is being abused by contractors who collect bulk of the money n chop the others....There are companies after paying u all these money gives u a fone for unlimited calling as u like and also open an a company personal account for u where they load it with minimum of 1000pound or so for company emergencies assigned to u..this is not part of your salary o.....guys things are happening in the oil/gas sector that if u hear more u will just be drooling......forget party n monthly food ...thats not the important thing..........Its fun working for oil servicing coys..esp the offshore company cos u dont go to work every morning and come back in the evening...u go offshores and when u are at home u have time for urself no work and your family...u can do whatever u like travel to which ever country u like and be free.....so leave SHELL, MOBIL...LNG...Or the others mata jare......LG....
Brother ur right, contracting staff is beign abused here in naija, concerning the offshore jigs, mind u that not all offshore companies pay thay well, i have hundreds of friends that are in that sector and i can tell you that most them earn below what a permanent staff earns. And mind you that, most permanent staff works 2weeks on and 2weeks off on rotationals. (i'm in this category & i can see to that) Though the choice depends on individuals involve, i personality hate offshore tinz. I can't stand the water o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2012
@scantee
Bro abeg i need helping hands. Someone told me to do these training courses for offshore jobs at most hse 1 to 3 and 3 others on the list. Tell me what you think.
1 HSE 1,2 & 3
2 Offshore operation drilling
3 BOSIET
4 Marine safety
5 Oilfield facility management
6 Rig safety

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
Bro abeg i need helping hands. Someone told me to do these training courses for offshore jobs at most hse 1 to 3 and 3 others on the list. Tell me what you think.
1 HSE 1,2 & 3
2 Offshore operation drilling
3 BOSIET
4 Marine safety
5 Oilfield facility management
6 Rig safety
yap 1,2,4,6 is ok. With that, u have 85% chances of securing offshore job. But i will advice you, if you want to do HSE, Try to enroll in any centre accredited by those major oil company such as: NLNG,SPDC etc so that you can get familiar with there Job hazards Analysis (JHA codes) because it differs from the one of NISP, and their Policy/ Work statement aren't the same. If you can identify most of their codes, then you can identify most other companies own as well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
@scantee
thanks Boss. You've given me a direction to take.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
thanks Boss. You've given me a direction to take.
ur welcome brodaman nfin do u.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Babearly send me mail to (email removed)

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
@scantee.
Do oil coys accept HND lower credit
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
mko abiola: @scantee.
Do oil coys accept HND lower credit
sure they do. As far as u knw wht ur doing.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
scantee: @Babearly send me mail to (chibuike_xxxxx@yahoo.gmail.com) i wil 4ward u some HSE materials
Dude change the email you dropped to a private one quick.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 20, 2012
@scantee
thanks Boss. I'll email you when i leave nysc camp on the 27th.
@kokosheen
modify your QUOTE so scantee can change it if he wants to.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 12:42am On Nov 20, 2012
thanks Boss. I'll email you when i leave nysc camp on the 27th.
@kokosheen
modify your QUOTE so scantee can change it if he wants to.

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:28am On Nov 20, 2012
2/2 rotation is for local permanent positions....i am talking about international offshore working rotations where u do 28/28 or 35/35 or 8/4...thats where the cash is na...not 2 weeks in and two weeks out.....na ghana must go bag u dey carry go house after ur rotation......
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 20, 2012
@efe2luv
is it by work experience you get international rotation?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2012
kokosheen:
Dude change the email you dropped to a private one quick.
thanx. Tot as much.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2012
efe2luv: 2/2 rotation is for local permanent positions....i am talking about international offshore working rotations where u do 28/28 or 35/35 or 8/4...thats where the cash is na...not 2 weeks in and two weeks out.....na ghana must go bag u dey carry go house after ur rotation......
well needless to ague with here, bt i can't stand that cage called offshore work. Bt mind you that, no matter how u make this offshore tins sound like heaven, ur package and ours can never be the same. I know what am talking about....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2012
efe2luv: 2/2 rotation is for local permanent positions....i am talking about international offshore working rotations where u do 28/28 or 35/35 or 8/4...thats where the cash is na...not 2 weeks in and two weeks out.....na ghana must go bag u dey carry go house after ur rotation......
well needless to agueing with you here, bt i can't stand that cage called offshore work. Bt mind you that, no matter how u make this offshore tins sound like heaven, ur package and ours can never be the same. I know what am talking about...., and going by ur 28/28 and 8/4 and my 2/2 7/5, which do you think it looks more inviting?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 8:50am On Nov 20, 2012
scantee: sure they do. As far as u knw wht ur doing.
But I learnt is alwys a policy for oil coys not accept HND lower credit.
I av argued over dis times without noba.
If u can gv details of ds,it wil b ok.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2012
mko abiola:
But I learnt is alwys a policy for oil coys not accept HND lower credit.
I av argued over dis times without noba.
If u can gv details of ds,it wil b ok.
whts ur area of dicipline?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2012
scantee: whts ur area of dicipline?
I studied Accounting HND
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
mko abiola:
I studied Accounting HND
Probably u wil not be applying for such position (Accountant) in the oil coy with that, i wil advice u do the following; do some PM Programms, i recommend u (Primavela 9 or Ms Project) with that you can apply as a project planner and risk assesment tracker, or you jst try to work with any of the sub-contractors of those coy, with that u get familiar with the enviroment. If your now applying for any position to any of the coy after which u hav worked wit subs, they are likely to give u a chance since ur familiar with their policy now. And more so, working with the subs first will give you the opportunity to meet with the key personnels, geting to knw them will give u an edge then, irespective of ur qualification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.