Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166575 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jadajada: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin:

Hey, let me help...

Whats your discipline. Most company i know take engineering discipline mostly mechanical.

higher chance if you have hnd. because its assumed that B-tech ppl usually dont last in oil servicing company.

But some company dont mind.

Take your cv to the company and drop it yourself. You can let them know that you are looking for IT placement.

Once you can beat the security guy, you are 50% achieving your mission.

How do you beat the security guys thats my secret and i dont know if i am allowed to share here. it just involve a small lie smiley
i'm an HND holder in mech engr. Pls, kindly drop any email adds i can send my cv to. Can HND holders apply for IT?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2013
jadajada: i'm an HND holder in mech engr. Pls, kindly drop any email adds i can send my cv to. Can HND holders apply for IT?

I really want to help, but i cant drop any email here as this is an open forum, but i will tell you my experience.

If you stay in phc, take a day or two to achieve this.

Go to Transamadi axis with your cv, you have so many oil servicing company. Schlumberger, halliburton, oildata, oil serv, baker hudges, oiltest, i cant remember most names.

If you have any professional ID (eg society of petroluen engineer, society of chemical etc), you can ask to see HR manager from the security men. Some will let you in, while some will tell you to drop the message.

Now, the way you package your message matters. If you are droping your message in envelope, write that your are looking for placement to enhance your career,
if they are taking your message to HR while you wait, na there your concience will tell you what to write.

this will help me meet the HR or person in charge

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jadajada: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin:

I really want to help, but i cant drop any email here as this is an open forum, but i will tell you my experience.

If you stay in phc, take a day or two to achieve this.

Go to Transamadi axis with your cv, you have so many oil servicing company. Schlumberger, halliburton, oildata, oil serv, baker hudges, oiltest, i cant remember most names.

If you have any professional ID (eg society of petroluen engineer, society of chemical etc), you can ask to see HR manager from the security men. Some will let you in, while some will tell you to drop the message.

Now, the way you package your message matters. If you are droping your message in envelope, write that your are looking for placement to enhance your career,
if they are taking your message to HR while you wait, na there your concience will tell you what to write.

this will help me meet the HR or person in charge

thanks for ur response. I hope u won't mind if i drop my email bcoz i don't stay in PH.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: very well...just get the necessary info, qualifictaion, certification and you are ready to go...

U really don't need any certification. Apply for d right job and u r good to go. Most good oil companies train you for the part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
Another method is going to oil and gas annual conferences in Abuja and Lagos. eg SPE conference, NAPE conference, Offshore west Africa conference, Oil and gas conference.. Register there (Cost about 15k), go to most technical presentation, and the exhibition. Those conferences are where the Managers and top executives show their faces. Be bold to ask them for placement in their exhibition.

Thats where i got my first Employment.

The way you carry yourself matters, you outfit, presentation etc.

they may even indirectly interview you to see if you are smart and outspoken before collecting your cv and asking you for test.

Go to the oil servicing company not the usual shell, total, mobil etc (those ones no go look your face o)

i will be logging in here once a while to input my own 2 cents. No emails pls, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin: Another method is going to oil and gas annual conferences in Abuja and Lagos. eg SPE conference, NAPE conference, Offshore west Africa conference, Oil and gas conference.. Register there (Cost about 15k), go to most technical presentation, and the exhibition. Those conferences are where the Managers and top executives show their faces. Be bold to ask them for placement in their exhibition.

they may even indirectly interview you to see if you are smart and outspoken before collecting your cv and asking you for test.

Go to the oil servicing company not the usual shell, total, mobil etc (those ones no go look your face o)

i will be logging in here once a while to input my own 2 cents. No emails pls, thanks

yeah... I will be going this to this year's SPE conference by God's grace. A lady, during one of SPE student section, shared the similar story how she got into the industry because she was an active SPE member. SPE dont joke with their members from what I know.

Vikin, please I will like to send you an email. will PM be good?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
kitty kat:

U really don't need any certification. Apply for d right job and u r good to go. Most good oil companies train you for the part.
I am still applying oo. I really need to work seriously on my CV. WOW... I can believe you came here. I don text you newyear wished tire but it keep bouncing.

Glad to see you around. Happy Newyear. cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: yeah... I will be going this to this year's SPE conference by God's grace. A lady, during one of SPE student section, shared the similar story how she got into the industry because she was an active SPE member. SPE dont joke with their members from what I know.

This my Petroluem Brother!

Howdy?

SPE Abuja/Lagos is really good, dont just go there to eat food o! Know what you come for. After each conference meet the top guys guys there, shake hands with them..this is direct link to the top executives.

if you got the cash, i would also like you to try the offshore conference, i think this days its held in Ghana because of security issues in naija
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin: Another method is going to oil and gas annual conferences in Abuja and Lagos. eg SPE conference, NAPE conference, Offshore west Africa conference, Oil and gas conference.. Register there (Cost about 15k), go to most technical presentation, and the exhibition. Those conferences are where the Managers and top executives show their faces. Be bold to ask them for placement in their exhibition.

Thumps up to u for ur prompt and detail response,despite u join ds thread late,u av summarise d whole episode.am very happy wit ur response as u av boost job seeker moral.u really knw at u talking abt bt not misleading job seekers.
Kudos to u once more.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jadajada: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: yeah... I will be going this to this year's SPE conference by God's grace. A lady, during one of SPE student section, shared the similar story how she got into the industry because she was an active SPE member. SPE dont joke with their members from what I know.

what is SPE conference and how can i be a member and attend conference?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: I am still applying oo. I really need to work seriously on my CV. WOW... I can believe you came here. I don text you newyear wished tire but it keep bouncing.

Glad to see you around. Happy Newyear. cheesy

Happy New Year Bro!!! I didn't get o. Sorry my Etisalt sim broke. I haven't had time to replace it. Wish u the best d new year has to offer.

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
jadajada: what is SPE conference and how can i be a member and attend conference?

Society of Petroluem Engineers(SPE) its not only petroleum engineers that are allowed. Infact i think most people in there are majority mechanical. You can register at the venue of conference. I think they normally hold their meeting every month in Lagos, Phc, Warri etc. For PHC, i have forgotten the day but will find that out from a friend later.
The annual conference is where the executives attend mostly, but your participation in monthly/weekly meeting will make you more closer to getting connection.

The conference(annual) usually August.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin:

Society of Petroluem Engineers(SPE) its not only petroleum engineers that are allowed. Infact i think most people in there are majority mechanical. You can register at the venue of conference. I think they normally hold their meeting every month in Lagos, Phc, Warri etc. For PHC, i have forgotten the day but will find that out from a friend later.
The annual conference is where the executives attend mostly, but your participation in monthly/weekly meeting will make you more closer to getting connection.

The conference(annual) usually August.
Exactly! SPE is not for only petroleum engineers , but all professions that has a role in the oil and gas industry. So, don't watch from the window. Get into the ARENA! This ia one of the best association you have out there. They dont joke with their members, especially if you are an active member. I remember some years ago a student from my school had the best paper presentation for the annual conference which was usually hosted in Abuja. Believe it or not, that was an automatic employment for him into the industry. Total grab that guy like hot eba. cheesy cheesy

For me, I have some self development to do. My NYSC is March. God help me ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: Exactly! SPE is not for only petroleum engineers , but all professions that has a role in the oil and gas industry. So, don't watch from the window. Get into the ARENA! This ia one of the best association you have out there. They dont joke with their members, especially if you are an active member. I remember some years ago a student from my school had the best paper presentation for the annual conference which was usually hosted in Abuja. Believe it or not, that was an automatic employment for him into the industry. Total grab that guy like hot eba. cheesy cheesy

For me, I have some self development to do. My NYSC is March. God help me ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i wish you would serve in PHC, although you will be posted to teach but you can still find your self in some oil service company. if not, during your one yr stay, you develop yourself professionally and start your job search before passing out.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
mko abiola:
Thumps up to u for ur prompt and detail response,despite u join ds thread late,u av summarise d whole episode.am very happy wit ur response as u av boost job seeker moral.u really knw at u talking abt bt not misleading job seekers.
Kudos to u once more.

I just saw this thread today. Not used to coming to this section.

smiley
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vikin:

i wish you would serve in PHC, although you will be posted to teach but you can still find your self in some oil service company. if not, during your one yr stay, you develop yourself professionally and start your job search before passing out.

Honestly, I tried working it through a friend to PHC but according to him, there were only 2 slots and the only one left was reserved for him. I have left everything in the hands of God. If he could send me to school without my parents, he sure can do more. I have evaluted my life since 2008 till this moment and the most beautiful thing is that he has always sent me angels in human form that has been helping. Serious, that is a summary of how I have lived my life till date. Most of the things I have enjoyed till date where through not even relatives of mine. So, I am not worried anymore. If he could feed the birds in field, how much more I being a human and a son of his. I hope you understand what I mean.

I know when it is time, he will send someone to me.

God is awesome. cheesy wink smiley

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
@ vikin. Nice one. Happy! new year everybody.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: Honestly, I tried working it through a friend to PHC but according to him, there were only 2 slots and the only one left was reserved for him. I have left everything in the hands of God. If he could send me to school without my parents, he sure can do more. I have evaluted my life since 2008 till this moment and the most beautiful thing is that he has always sent me angels in human form that has been helping. Serious, that is a summary of how I have lived my life till date. Most of the things I have enjoyed till date where through not even relatives of mine. So, I am not worried anymore. If he could feed the birds in field, how much more I being a human and a son of his. I hope you understand what I mean.

o boy i don call your number tire,
how things na

anyways happy new year bro

we shall get there this year
IJN amen
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
bros no vex. I go text u my 2nd number. No mind e jor, I give my second phone battery to my Aunt husband for temporary use.
Kingsleyinfo:
o boy i don call your number tire,
how things na

anyways happy new year bro

we shall get there this year
IJN amen
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
kinsley, i dey call u e no dey go oooo.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
kinsley, please send me an email please. Ur line no dey go at all. network bad. But e ring just now and then cut midway. that is my etisalat number.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
2sexy: Honestly, I tried working it through a friend to PHC but according to him, there were only 2 slots and the only one left was reserved for him. I have left everything in the hands of God. If he could send me to school without my parents, he sure can do more. I have evaluted my life since 2008 till this moment and the most beautiful thing is that he has always sent me angels in human form that has been helping. Serious, that is a summary of how I have lived my life till date. Most of the things I have enjoyed till date where through not even relatives of mine. So, I am not worried anymore. If he could feed the birds in field, how much more I being a human and a son of his. I hope you understand what I mean.

Dont worry, its well. even if they post you to Zamfara, you are a corper, there is always a way to return where you want. you can go to on 2weeks camping, then enter PHC while giving up your monthly allowee to someone to cover up for you. All na service to the country! tongue
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
Thanks
Vikin:

Dont worry, its well. even if they post you to Zamfara, you are a corper, there is always a way to return where you want. you can go to on 2weeks camping, then enter PHC while giving up your monthly allowee to someone to cover up for you. All na service to the country! tongue
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 8:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin, please I have worked on my CV but I dont think it is good enough. Can you help me review and critic it or if you can help me with someone who is good in that aspect?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
I dont know about others, but i make CV for different purposes, and one CV for general purpose whereby i dont know anything about the company.

For instance, if you are applying to Oil serv comp that specializes on just Coiled tubing/welltesting..you have to format your CV to suit that. Go through their specialty and see where you pull out your skill that will benefit them and you highlight these skills.

An advice is before approaching anyone for CV submission or interview, make sure you know about the company.

if you have no idea on their specialization, do a little research. you dont need more! Most HR people only know the basics, so if you know these basics, they will be pleased.
However, God catch you, and you meet the technical guys, if you dont know the answer to their question, dont beat around the bush, let them know, engage them in discussion, even if the topic doesnt interest you. Just be confident.

For ladies, dont forget to smile! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks vikin... may be I should try some online resources too to help me with the CV work and modification.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ellotts(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
who knows more nebosh........?...how much does it cost? where can one get the training? pls, i will like to know
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ellotts(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
olalegend: GET A JOB IN DUBAI OR ANY OTHER U.A.E COUNTRIES ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT THE HELP OF AGENT(S) GUARANTEED!!!!!

With the right informations and contacts at your disposal, you dont have to pay anybody 450K or 500K to get you a 2 or 5 years Dubai or Qatar Work Visa. Infact with 450K 3-4 people will get to Qatar or Dubai or Any Country you choose in U.A.E with atleast 2yrs Work Visa, Accomodation. And if you are professional maybe in I.T, Medical line or a Civil Engineer etc You can get all your dream Job in UAE without spending a dime because 98% of the people in this categories are been hired as an expert &your employers over there in most time pays for all your expenses including your Airfare ticket. But other categories maybe ask to buy the ticket them self.
>>> There is a complete Information manual writen and compiled by a recruiting expert base in Dubai, that detailed the Following:
1) How to write you Resume/CV In UAE/MIDDLE EAST format, so as to meet the requirement of the employers there.
2) Where to get the contact information of current employers and how to Apply for the Jobs.
3) What to expect in Interview and How to attend to them both one-on-one and on-phone interview.
4) How to negotiate for the best offer& Many More.
This Manual if packed with a lots informations including Insider information from QATAR MINISTRY OF INTERIOR ON LATEST VISA INFO. Its is easy to follow and understand with each point layed out step-by-step for better understanding. The Actual price for this Book is #7000, but as a new year gift from me I am giving it out @#3500 for a limited time That is 50% discount. So if you need a copy hurry now and order by sending an Email to:
Olalegend@gmail.com OR Call +2348022990099, +2347066299853.
HOW GENUINE IS THIS INFO?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Saintigk(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
Helo,
pls are my posts being shown here. . . If any gets ds msg,kindly signify plz.
I hv nt been gettin replies here.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
ellotts: HOW GENUINE IS THIS INFO?
dont even think about it. This is the problem with many Nigerias. When give out free, they don't value it.

What will it cost you to go through this thread, read and take not of a few salient point? You eyes and hands are itching for hidden info that may cost you money. Na wa for some people brain sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.