Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166139 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
@scantee
you are trying for us. Thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
scantee: Probably u wil not be applying for such position (Accountant) in the oil coy with that, i wil advice u do the following; do some PM Programms, i recommend u (Primavela 9 or Ms Project) with that you can apply as a project planner and risk assesment tracker, or you jst try to work with any of the sub-contractors of those coy, with that u get familiar with the enviroment. If your now applying for any position to any of the coy after which u hav worked wit subs, they are likely to give u a chance since ur familiar with their policy now. And more so, working with the subs first will give you the opportunity to meet with the key personnels, geting to knw them will give u an edge then, irespective of ur qualification.
But if I under go all dese courses u mention ,getting a job is it authomatic or am I so sure I will get any after d program
Wat does it cost to undergo all ds program.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:43am On Nov 21, 2012
babaearly: @efe2luv
is it by work experience you get international rotation?

@babaearly....It is more of experience my dear....and international certifications...if u are determined to be there u will have to pray to god to assist you...then can start from where u are....i for one as a graduate applied to an international oil servicing firm to work without being paid all to get experience in the job...i worked for good six months with they just giving me 10k for transport per month...i paid that price n guess what after 6months i was retained as a contract staff....n guess what after 6 months again i go another job with an international offshore servising firm as a staff.....determination is the key my dear.....taking actions no matter how minute they may seem towards your desire creat miracles....as for me in a space of one year i go a job/position that other guys who have been working for quite some time dont have... Its all determination.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:50am On Nov 21, 2012
scantee: well needless to ague with here, bt i can't stand that cage called offshore work. Bt mind you that, no matter how u make this offshore tins sound like heaven, ur package and ours can never be the same. I know what am talking about....
@Scantee.....Yes u may be right....but it all depends on each individuals level,experience and age.....For a starter/young person i think working in the field should be what u should strive for.....for a young person making a salary of thrice govt minimum wage is considered a good feat .....as one grow older and become more experienced u can now resort to office work where ur remuneration negotiation will then be based on ur working experience........for me i prefer 28/28...i work 6months in a year and earn more salary than an average nigerian full staff oil worker working 12months in a year....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by efe2luv: 4:58am On Nov 21, 2012
mko abiola:
But if I under go all dese courses u mention ,getting a job is it authomatic or am I so sure I will get any after d program
@mko....nothing of real substance happen automatically...You just stand a huge chance of being employed...its a step in the right direction if thats your direction in the first place.....as u keep brooding over it God will respond to u.....so its not a matter of whether if u do the course u will get a job.....negative tots should not lead u in the path of inaction...no good thing comes so easy....May God help you.....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 21, 2012
@efe2luv
sounds really interesting. I want to be there someday soon.please link me up with the coy,so i can place them on my books as im preparing to do some certifications. My no is 08160164718,you can text me and i'll call you back. You guys are really giving me hope.thank.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:19am On Nov 21, 2012
babaearly: @scantee
you are trying for us. Thanks.
bro wetin man go do na?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2012
efe2luv:
@Scantee.....Yes u may be right....but it all depends on each individuals level,experience and age.....For a starter/young person i think working in the field should be what u should strive for.....for a young person making a salary of thrice govt minimum wage is considered a good feat .....as one grow older and become more experienced u can now resort to office work where ur remuneration negotiation will then be based on ur working experience........for me i prefer 28/28...i work 6months in a year and earn more salary than an average nigerian full staff oil worker working 12months in a year....
ya is all good man.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2012
mko abiola:
i don't really knw the cost for now. And mind u that doing all these course does not give u authomatic employment, rather it widen ur chances.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2012
efe2luv:
@mko....nothing of real substance happen automatically...You just stand a huge chance of being employed...its a step in the right direction if thats your direction in the first place.....as u keep brooding over it God will respond to u.....so its not a matter of whether if u do the course u will get a job.....negative tots should not lead u in the path of inaction...no good thing comes so easy....May God help you.....
thanx my man, u have said it all. Inbox me with ur email, lets......up
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2012
@scantee&efe2luv.
U guys are rare gem,U av made my day,kudos to u guys for d prompt update.i found every piece of info passed informative &educative.
I wud b very glad if u can text or flash me on 08027264996.
More power to ur elbow.keep up d good work.God wil continue to strenghten u.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
mko abiola: @scantee&efe2luv.
U guys are rare gem,U av made my day,kudos to u guys for d prompt update.i found every piece of info passed informative &educative.
I wud b very glad if u can text or flash me on 08027264996.
More power to ur elbow.keep up d good work.God wil continue to strenghten u.
ur welcome. Sorry i'm nt in twn nw.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
efe2luv:

You should know that 28/28 doesn't equate to 6 months in a year. Most likely you've never worked in U/S O&G in Nigeria but you can prove me wrong by typing the right number of months to be worked.

OP gave an email that doesn't exist in the shell system.

This thread is a scam thread.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
kokosheen:

You should know that 28/28 doesn't equate to 6 months in a year. Most likely you've never worked in U/S O&G in Nigeria but you can prove me wrong by typing the right number of months to be worked.

OP gave an email that doesn't exist in the shell system.

This thread is a scam thread.
. Guy ur funny o, though i suppose ignore ur post because it does nt make any sense to me. For your information, u can never send mail to my official shell account if i did not grant ur email address a "pass" i hope u knw wht that means? So stop wasting ur time to send me spam mail anymore bcs i will bounce u back million times. @efe-luv jst ignore this guy he doesn't worth the attention. Jealousy is very bad. Kai

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
scantee: . Guy ur funny o, though i suppose ignore ur post because it does nt make any sense to me. For your information, u can never send mail to my official shell account if i did not grant ur email address a "pass" i hope u knw wht that means? So stop wasting ur time to send me spam mail anymore bcs i will bounce u back million times. @efe-luv jst ignore this guy he doesn't worth the attention. Jealousy is very bad. Kai

Thanks, I'm jealous.... grin
I can't believe I'm replying this but mehn, you're bad ooo. Your post just confirmed my feeling and to think you'll start a thread like this, run it for a few days with multiple IDs, bobs, all dis maga u c na black man like u ooo.

To others, be warned.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
@kokosheen
seriously, what does scantee hopes to gain from the thread if you call it a scam? Dont make yourself a laughing buffoon.
@scantee
i'll send you a mail by 1st week of december coz i'll be off camp by 27th nov. Pls dont forget the HSE materials. Can you read my mail b4 you allow it?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
kokosheen:

Thanks, I'm jealous.... grin
I can't believe I'm replying this but mehn, you're bad ooo. Your post just confirmed my feeling and to think you'll start a thread like this, run it for a few days with multiple IDs, bobs, all dis maga u c na black man like u ooo.

To others, be warned.
poverty is bad.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
babaearly: @kokosheen
seriously, what does scantee hopes to gain from the thread if you call it a scam? Dont make yourself a laughing buffoon.
@scantee
i'll send you a mail by 1st week of december coz i'll be off camp by 27th nov. Pls dont forget the HSE materials. Can you read my mail b4 you allow it?
brother just ignore kokosheen, are u using ms-outlook? Wel dnt worry jst use the email address i sent to ur nairaland box. Or send me urs i wil reply u.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
@kokosheen,do u work in an oil coy,
is it a crime to work in an oil coy lik shell.don't look dwn on ppu.
If u knw hs points ar wrong,proove it right,rather dan making inflamatory remarks.
What does he stand to benefit frm ds?
@scantee,pls u guys shud ignore hs unnecessary comments,he is jus trying to attach relevance.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mhm(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
scantee, enough with the stories. don't know what you aim to achieve to be honest?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 22, 2012
scantee: are u using ms-outlook? Wel dnt worry jst use the email address i sent to ur nairaland box. Or send me urs i wil reply u.
i use ymail. Ok, i'll check my email and reply you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Ikwerefistson: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2012
scantee: yap 1,2,4,6 is ok. With that, u have 85% chances of securing offshore job. But i will advice you, if you want to do HSE, Try to enroll in any centre accredited by those major oil company such as: NLNG,SPDC etc so that you can get familiar with there Job hazards Analysis (JHA codes) because it differs from the one of NISP, and their Policy/ Work statement aren't the same. If you can identify most of their codes, then you can identify most other companies own as well.
pls bros can u gve us an example of d oil companies acredatd centres
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Ikwerefistson: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2012
But scante pls is it posible 2get a job in an oil coy at dia rig operation witout experience wit ond qulificatn
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
mko abiola: @kokosheen,do u work in an oil coy,
is it a crime to work in an oil coy lik shell.don't look dwn on ppu.
If u knw hs points ar wrong,proove it right,rather dan making inflamatory remarks.
What does he stand to benefit frm ds?
@scantee,pls u guys shud ignore hs unnecessary comments,he is jus trying to attach relevance.

well don't mind the guy he is just an attention seeker.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
mhm: scantee, enough with the stories. don't know what you aim to achieve to be honest?

lol my brother check the Subject again, i only open the thread to share experience with people that are in the same field, in the process we got new prospective s, so we have to help put them through bro.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
babaearly:
i use ymail. Ok, i'll check my email and reply you.
ok
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ikwere fist son: But scante pls is it posible 2get a job in an oil coy at dia rig operation witout experience wit ond qulificatn
check my previous reply to Mko post.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ikwere fist son: pls bros can u gve us an example of d oil companies acredatd centres

follow the post
https://www.nairaland.com/120446/please-where-hse-training-port

or http://kramisco.com/ there are accredited by over 10 companies.

CORPORATE CENTER:

No.67 Ogbunabali RD, Port Harcourt., River State, Nigeria.
KRAMISCO CENTER (BONNY):

No. 12 King Dappa Perekule Road Bonny Island(By Hotel De Telavee)
KRAMISCO SAFETY CENTER (PH):

Aldgate Congress Hotel, Sanni Abacha RD, New G.R.A, Phase III Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
KRAMISCO SAFETY CENTER (BONNY):

Hotel De Telavee, along King Dappa Perekule Road Bonny Island.

check their website for more information. they train most of safety Officers In Bonny Island. but if you have somebody who works with shell, the person can help you enroll you in SPDC HSE training which comes up twice every year. is for free of charge, the program is organized by SPDC Safety Advisers.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Gracelite: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
@scantee wnt2 apreciate u 4 d thread,plz inbox me d courze i shud undagọ n d certified trainin coy @okaforobiora86@yahoo.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
The OP just doesn't sound like someone that works in Shell (SPDC) to me. There is just this aura of Shell staff that is missing. I can identify a Shell person, indeed oil coy staff, even from internet aura.

10 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Jarus: The OP just doesn't sound like someone that works in Shell (SPDC) to me. There is just this aura of Shell staff that is missing. I can identify a Shell person, indeed oil coy staff, even from internet aura.

Thanks Jarus...

I tried to sound him out but his other IDs are calling me bad bellus grin..
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 23, 2012
kokosheen:

Thanks Jarus...

I tried to sound him out but his other IDs are calling me bad bellus grin..
please shut up, what are his other ids? Stop forming I TOO KNOW. Ive been on nl since 2007 so if you think im a duplicate i.d, then you are a real dullard.
@Jarus
im kinda dissapointed in you sir, wont you be ready to help me when i need you? Why do you want to continue the bad blood?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.