Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166073 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mihizfayo: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by chebyshev(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ oga scantee,I have a bsc(2.2) and MSc degrees in Chemical Engineering. I have completed a 6 months paid internship as a process engineer .I have also completed trainings on Hysys,pipenet,flarenet and AutoCAD. kindly assist me with a job placement within oil and gas industry. U can reach me through oseglob2exel@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lattychem: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a fresh graduate. Studied Chemical engineering with second class upper. Any intern,contract or full time job placement, I'll gladly accept. engroriolowo@gmail.com thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lattychem: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a fresh graduate. Studied Chemical engineering with second class upper. Any intern,contract or full time job placement, I'll gladly accept. engroriolowo@gmail.com and 08063684972 thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by philfrey08: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2015
I have a Bsc and Msc in Chemistry with managerial certifications. I would love a job as a lab analyst in am oil company. philfrey08@yahoo.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by yeldey: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
yeldey:

Hello bro scantee, my kid brother presently works in one of the top 5 IOC in nigeria but willing to take up a new role. He studied chemical engineering with a 2.1 and having approximately 2 yrs experience, 24 yrs of age. Can you please help in circulating his cv. He is open to any form of assessment to ascertain his competency. I would like to hear frm you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by petroworker: 5:36am On Aug 21, 2015
Compatriots in the house, the situation presently looks bleak and bad for the oil industry and going by the oil price drop, its difficult to predict if the industry will bounce back.
Many oil companies have downsized their personnel because of severe losses and more are still downsizing, many personnel have also had their salaries horribly slashed as cost cutting measures and those who can't cope are forced to look elsewhere.
Its unimaginable how much has changed just under a year in the oil industry.
I'm also a victim of the oil price slump and I can't believe I've been out of job for almost a year now even with my wealth of experience of over 12 years experience working internationally with top multi-national oil service firms on a supervisory role, majoring in well service/intervention operations with international training and certifications including IWCF, etc.
Just under a year ago, I used to receive several international calls for job as well as emails, but the situation looks so quiet now and one keeps wondering whats really happening? As a day rate consultant working outside Africa; I hovered between 900-1200 USD /day, Infact I once felt insulted when someone called me from UK offering a day rate of about 300 USD/day for an operating client in Nigeria and had to tell the person to get someone else instead, but with the current situation i'm willing to accept even a lower pay just to keep body and soul together... What a world! How are the mighty fallen?
The current situation is so bad that one is left with no option of better salary bargain other than to take anything readily available or manageable, even the oyibo foreigners are affected as well.
The telecommunications industry is even doing better than the oil industry in all aspects, it seems the good days of the oil industry are gradually going into extinction, as such will advise people to look and search broader in other areas.
For now i'm back in the labour market, searching and hoping that the oil industry will bounce back and regain its lost glory.

NB: My areas of expertise include( well service / intervention, testing, production operations, EPFs, etc) If you have any specific job offer available or have any client who requires my service; please send me an email ( petroworker@yahoo.com ).

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nigel1: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Are you a knowledgeable Oil & Gas Engineer or are you looking to sharpen your Oil & Gas knowledge and skills?

Attempt this question...

5. During a planned pigging operation, the Pressure Gauge on the Pig launcher barrel was reading ZERO. However, it was NOT possible to open the Pig trap door that has a Mechanical Safety Interlock fitted. There is one pig trap isolation valve installed. As an experienced engineer, list at least 4 possible reasons that can cause this failure mode.

If you can answer the above question, then you're only 6 more questions away from winning this week's $120 prize.

Visit the FEDP Forum - http://fedpforum.epcmengineers.com now.

First correct set of answers received wins!

TWITTER: FEDPForum
FACEBOOK: FEDP Forum

Regards,
Nigel K.

P.S;

The FEDP Forum is an initiative that envisions the collaboration of engineers (Oil, Gas, Power, Systems) around the world for the sole purpose of sharing industry/field-based challenges and problems as well as innovative ideas and solutions to both our national and global problems.

Side attractions include weekly quizzes that aim to sharpen the knowledge and skills of all forum members. First correct set of answers received weekly is rewarded with the cash prize of the week as advertised on the Forum's home page.

A platform for healthy and productive debates on topics across all spheres and disciplines is also provided.

For more information, please visit the FEDP Forum - http://fedpforum.epcmengineers.com.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
@house: how una de? Sorry for keeping the thread dry, @Mr Bello hope u have seen my reply to ur mail? @others every previous arrangement is still intact, @5yankeestar. You can go there by wednesday. @my Nairaland project team; u guys has been excellent so far, do keep it going. @swift4life pls send me a mail as a reminder, ur email address seem to have gone to unknown page, update me...

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
petroworker:
Compatriots in the house, the situation presently looks bleak and bad for the oil industry and going by the oil price drop, its difficult to predict if the industry will bounce back.
Many oil companies have downsized their personnel because of severe losses and more are still downsizing, many personnel have also had their salaries horribly slashed as cost cutting measures and those who can't cope are forced to look elsewhere.
I'm also a victim of the oil price slump and I can't believe I've been out of job for almost a year now even with my wealth of experience of over 12 years experience working internationally with top multi-national oil service firms on a supervisory role, majoring in well service/intervention operations with international training and certifications including IWCF, etc.
Just under a year ago, I used to receive several international calls for job as well as emails, but the situation looks so quiet now and one keeps wondering whats really happening? As a day rate consultant working outside Africa; I hovered between 900-1200 USD /day, Infact I once felt insulted when someone called me from UK offering a day rate of about 300 USD/day for an operating client in Nigeria and had to tell the person to get someone else instead, but with the current situation i'm willing to accept even a lower pay just to keep body and soul together... What a world! How are the mighty fallen?
The current situation is so bad that one is left with no option of better salary bargain other than to take anything readily available or manageable, even the oyibo foreigners are affected as well.
The telecommunications industry is even doing better than the oil industry in all aspects, it seems the good days of the oil industry are gradually going into extinction, as such will advise people to look and search broader in other areas.
For now i'm back in the labour market, searching and hoping that the oil industry will bounce back and regain its lost glory.

NB: My areas of expertise include( well service / intervention, testing, production operations, EPFs, etc) If you have any specific job offer available or have any client who requires my service; please send me an email ( petroworker@yahoo.com ).

my brother is well, the oil sector is really in mess now, is survival of the fitest nw and only the fitz can survive.. This world is a funny plc, i have seeing many full time staff of big oil coyz now working for contractors companies chai!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
scantee:
@house: how una de? Sorry for keeping the thread dry, @Mr Bello hope u have seen my reply to ur mail? @others every previous arrangement is still intact, @5yankeestar. You can go there by wednesday. @my Nairaland project team; u guys has been excellent so far, do keep it going. @swift4life pls send me a mail as a reminder, ur email address seem to have gone to unknown page, update me...
Yes boss! got your reply...waiting for you to stabilize like you said. Cheers.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Blanc8(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Greetings Scantee,send you an email yet to get a reply... please do well to reply me....#blessings
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
petroworker:

Whatever happened to "investment".

This is why most Nigerian working class cannot excel beyond certain limit in life. You worked in an oil firm for over 12yrs and was earning jumbo packages all along, you never thought of investing on something else to diversify your source of earning and be in preparation for rainy days. Here you are today screaming.

That's life sha...there must always be something to learn from. Nothing lasts for forever.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Godshand:

This is why most Nigerian working class cannot excel beyond certain limit in life. You worked in an oil firm for over 12yrs and was earning jumbo packages all along, you never thought of investing on something else to diversify your source of earning and be in preparation for rainy days. Here you are today screaming.

That's life sha...there must always be something to learn from. Nothing lasts for forever.

Am surprised myself,anyway hustle continues.
@ switlife, don matin et al how una dey?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by donmatin(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Am surprised myself,anyway hustle continues.
@ switlife, don matin et al how una dey?
i'm fine.thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Am surprised myself,anyway hustle continues. @ switlife, don matin et al how una dey?
Which hustle? Scantee finally give u job?

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
donmatin:
i'm fine.thanks
Great,its been months since last I checked this thread! Never knew you still come around.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
RedBenson:

Which hustle? Scantee finally give u job?
@ Oga RebB God has a plan for everyone with prayer and patience everyone here would get to his or her destination,I haven't gotten a job yet and meanwhile Scantee was only trying his best,he isn't a ceo or a hr. Either I get a job via Scantee or not he his still a very good buddy and so is everyone here!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by donmatin(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Great,its been months since last I checked this thread!
Never knew you still come around.
i eo once in awhile...greetings to u

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by TheCode(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello house, please I need your wisdom on a choice of MSc to go for considering the latest trend in the industry and the need for 'in-demand' knowledge or skills. I am considering the following graduate programs:

Flow Assurance
Reservoir Engineering
Subsea Engineering
Offshore Engineering
Production Engineering

Could you please help me rank them bearing in mind importance/relevance, 'in-demand' and diversity of application.

The schools I am considering are University of Houston, Cranfield University, University of Aberdeen, Robert Gordon's University, IPS and OTI-UNIPORT. Most especially the foreign colleges.

cc. scantee, and all others. Please I am respectfully directing this question to every experienced person here, forgive the fact that I do not know your handles.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by haftob(m): 5:06am On Sep 09, 2015
Scantee , I'm a student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering and I'll be doing my IT mid next year. Pls give me links to apply to coys dat do accept IT students.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2015
TheCode:
Hello house, please I need your wisdom on a choice of MSc to go for considering the latest trend in the industry and the need for 'in-demand' knowledge or skills. I am considering the following graduate programs:

Flow Assurance
Reservoir Engineering
Subsea Engineering
Offshore Engineering
Production Engineering

Could you please help me rank them bearing in mind importance/relevance, 'in-demand' and diversity of application.

The schools I am considering are University of Houston, Cranfield University, University of Aberdeen, Robert Gordon's University, IPS and OTI-UNIPORT. Most especially the foreign colleges.

cc. scantee, and all others. Please I am respectfully directing this question to every experienced person here, forgive the fact that I do not know your handles.

Reservoir Engineering
*Subsea Engineering
*Production Engineering
(According to a thread here on NL are hot cakes)
Am not good in calculations If I was I would choose the 2 I starred!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Tylerdan(m): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Op God's blessing abide on you for this trend idea I must say I have Learnt quite a lot about the oil contractor on Nairaland. Thanks again scented.

Well I'd like to get in touch with you and discuss about doing contract jobs for NLNG in Bonny river terminal just to that pointers and contacts.

Pls reply my email request and let discuss we need your help

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Tylerdan(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Petroworker lets talk pm if your still interested in working might have something u might be interested in
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by petroworker: 3:50am On Sep 12, 2015
Tylerdan:
Petroworker lets talk pm if your still interested in working might have something u might be interested in

@Tylerdan, can you send me an email using my email addy (petroworker at yahoo dotcom ) as shown, will respond appropriately. Thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by petroworker: 4:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Godshand:

@Godshand, I've got properties (lands, houses) within Port Harcourt where I'm based as well as outside Rivers state, so its not as if I never invested my money or planned for the future, I was also making plans to have my own firm in future as I never planned to work for someone forever... its just that things change unexpectedly... but with God on my side, its not late tho.. the future is bright and holds a lot for me.
My main concern for now is that the oil industry looks dim at least for now, I pray it gets better soon because I feel bored being idle as I'm quite agile and energetic, My life is used to hopping onto the plane and travelling to work.
Also note that my about 12 years experience isn't just with one firm, i've worked for various companies in various countries. Thanks for your concern...

4 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by donmatin(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tylerdan:
pls if what u have has anything to do with fabrication n welding or mechanical fitting,holla me too.thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by straynger: 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hi house,

Am sorry to derail, I urgently need answers to these questions;

I was diagnosed of hep B some three months ago and am about going for further tests. 

More important now is that I was sucessful in all the recruitment process for a role in a multinational company( it's an experienced role and I was the only one sucessful). 

Being the last stage I was sent a medical form to take to a specified hospital for medical assessment. Alas! on the form, hep B was part of the test to be conducted.

Pls house, what could be my fate after the company detects my hep B status? Would they not descriminate against me? 

Has anyone in the house ever been in a similar situation? how did it turn out? Would being hep B positive mean an end to one's career aspirations? Am very worried now, I have invested so much in myself.

Lastly is there any organisation local or abroad that sees into the rigth of people living with hep B?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by broxymall(m): 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
visit my signature and DP
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by straynger: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
How do I do that?
broxymall:
visit my signature and DP
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by broxymall(m): 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
straynger:
How do I do that?
are you looking for anything?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by straynger: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2015
See my post up bro
broxymall:

are you looking for anything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.