Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report (17494 Views)

Troops Kill 30 Boko Haram Members, Rescue Captives In Sambisa [PHOTOS] / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Pics Of A Soldier Showing Captives Rescued From Boko Haram In Banki Town Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2012
international news agency, REUTERS, on Sunday reported that it was in possession of an amateur video showing Nigerian soldiers shooting unarmed captives in broad daylight in Maiduguri, Borno State.

It said the video was sent to it by a soldier, who claimed to have witnessed the shooting. Reuters quoted the unnamed soldiers as saying that he was present when the soldiers shot the captives about two weeks ago.

Maiduguri is the seat of the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, and there have been many clashes between military operatives and the sect members.

The report said, “In the grainy footage, a man sits down next to three or four corpses piled together on the roadside. He pleads for his life while soldiers shout at him and a crowd looks on a few metres away. “Please don’t fire,” the man says in Pidgin English.

“He tries to stand up and get onto the back of a pickup truck to the left. A Nigerian soldier shouts “come out”, and drags him off it, shoving him on the ground.

“One of them kicks him in the head. Then he and another soldier aim assault rifles at him. Four gunshots are heard and the man lies still next to the others.”

According to Reuters, another video from the same source, which he said was taken after the executions, shows soldiers piling up about 24 bodies in two heaps on the ground from the back of a military truck.

Nigerian army spokesman, Colonel Mohammed Yerima, told Reuters that he had not seen the video but that the events must have been staged.

“How can they do that? It is not possible. This is the Boko Haram tactics. They will do the killing, say it’s the military and then Amnesty International and so on will blame us. It’s not possible for Nigerian troops to act in this way,” Yerima was quoted as saying.

There have been several allegations of improper conduct against the Nigerian soldiers in the Joint Task Force in charge of maintaining peace in the North-East where Boko Haram members have staged many attacks.

But the military has always denied complicity in the crisis in the zone.

The Guardian of London on November 2, 2012 reported a similar case of soldiers shooting dead many during raids in Maiduguri, quoting witnesses and hospital staff.

According to the reports, three witnesses said soldiers from the JTF raided several neighbourhoods in Maiduguri late on November 1 and arrested or shot dead dozens of young men.

“More than 30 bodies were brought in by the JTF and most of them were young men,” The Guradian quoted one nurse at a hospital in the town, Yagana Bukar, as saying.

Amnesty International said in a report released on Nov. 1 that the JTF had committed human rights abuses in its fight against Boko Haram.

The report said the JTF had carried out executions in the streets and tortured people without charges ever being brought.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/soldier-filmed-colleagues-killing-captives-in-maiduguri-report/
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by victorazy(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2012
I'VE SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT BFORE, ABOUT 5 CDs OF HUGE MASSACRE.. I COULDNT EVEN FINISH THE VIDEO CUZ IT WAS BAD AND APPALLING.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by basisop(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2012
The video pls.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by SimplySEA(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2012
What can i Say? Fire for Fire? God help us....!
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by lekanSuccess(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2012
The Video please......this could be cooked
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2012
a friend told me he watch semilar video indoors......it was brought to them by dia lecturer who travels north......its very bad if this is truth nd not stage by bokoharam......this was wht hapen in the east during the biafran war
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by victorazy(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2012
basisop: The video pls.
BROS U THINK SAY U FIT SLEEP OR EAT IF U SEE D VIDEO

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by jeffizy(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2012
Dirty fight begets dirty tactics.
Though it inhuman to kill an unarmed man without trial, but I don't know why I'm not sympathetic to those killed. Facts remains that the indigenes habour Boko boys in their neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by GARRIx7(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2012
I'll be silent till I see the Video..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by megxo(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2012
sparctacus style.............#KILL EM ALL

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 19, 2012
oh gosh!!. Some people are just sooooo heartless and wicked!. #sad#

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by GoodNigerian: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2012
GARRI (x7):
I'll be quiet till I see the Video..... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
U no go fit drink garri afterwards ooo

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Burger01(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2012
victorazy:
BROS U THINK SAY U FIT SLEEP OR EAT IF U SEE D VIDEO

Abi o. I no fit get lever to watch a video like that. I couldn't bring myself to watch the Aluu4 video talk less of watching a massacre video..

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by GARRIx7(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2012
Good Nigerian:

Who said... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The video might confirm allegtions that have been made severally by Human Right Agencies about the extra-judicial killings.....

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Hadone(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
[size=18pt]So Sad...
And all the evidences are now on ground, but yet they're still arguing.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by johndavid1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
Burger01:

Abi o. I no fit get lever to watch a video like that. I couldn't bring myself to watch the Aluu4 video talk less of watching a massacre video..
grin grin grin grin bt na u dey ginger Video! Video!! Video!!! oooooo while you no go fit watch am
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by fittty(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Abeg kill them some more joor. F*ckn terrorists angry

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by aglomar: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
I hope d video was not shot by BH themselves as d soldiers seem to have got some marginal victory over them of late.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by burkutu: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
sad but true.true but old news.my friend,a banker, works in yobe specifically damaturu.once when he was describing with glee how the military was waging the war against boko haram,wot came to my mind was 'this is genocide.'it was a tale of how innocent people are killed daily by the military becos you live in the wrong part of town,belong to the wrong religion and are male.my friend,a christian was applauding d military for doing a good job.

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by duality(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: oh gosh!!. Some people are just sooooo heartless and wicked!. #sad#

which people,BOKO harm or JTF

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by dilbert100: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
does anyone have the video? or a link?
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by ziccoit: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
This was what initially brought the bokoharam wahala we are all facing today. Extrajudicial killings by security operatives. Why should government fail to learn from history? Why? Why? And Why?

I am very sure that majority of those who were murdered by these trigger happy goons were not bokoharam members. They were just happened to be at wrong place in wrong time.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
How do we know the people that were shot were really Boko Haram?

What are our criminal courts for?

I just hope the govt is not using BH as an excuse to carry our political assassinations.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Harbb: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
video please
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by nagoma(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
jeffizy: Dirty fight begets dirty tactics.
Though it inhuman to kill an unarmed man without trial, but I don't know why I'm not sympathetic to those killed. Facts remains that the indigenes habour Boko boys in their neighbourhood.

its because your innocent relatives are not killed both by BH and also by JTF.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
Can't bring myself to watch the video,even if I smoke eegbo,I hate the sight of blood,that why I always faint if I open my girl's pant,and see her menstruation.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
So pathetic...i'd like to see the video.where i9s the link please?
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by aurenflani: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
jeffizy: Dirty fight begets dirty tactics.

And u cried foul when d same nigerian army killed innocent civilians in odi, zaki biam, and south, south?

One realitu we must never forget is that during crisis d army go to extremes and they do kill innocent men, particularly young people. If it didn't happen in your own village doesn't mean it never happened. But if you condemn the victims, remember that you are also not immuned;you may be waiting your turn sooner than later.

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
this is really disgusting. what a world.
Re: Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report by xrazzy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
Good Nigerian:
say wetin happen? As if say i no dey watch horror film! Abeg the video jawe!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC To Fayose: You’re Insensitive Not Paying Ekiti Workers For Yuletide / SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom / Buhari At The Opening Plenary At Morrocco Of The High Level Segment Of #COP22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.