Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager (1010 Views)

I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / The Dream I Had On Monday 5th Of August 2013 / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
One bright afternoon in Lagos at about 1pm after a hot tiring day , I drifted into a deep sleep.

And I had a dream........................

I remember being outside playing either football or some other game. Gradually the clouds became grey , the light of the sun was dimmed and there were indications of coming rain.

We continued playing but then the clouds went darker grey which indicated not just rain but heavy rain , with the usual thunder and lightening.

Suddenly the clouds went from very dark grey to pitch black, the light of the sun obviously had been cut out totally.

Now at 13-14 years of age this was a total shock and mighty scare because dark clouds preceding heavy rain with lightening was usual , but pitch blackness at about 1pm in the afternoon was strange to say the least.

While I was musing on this strange phenomenon, a voice spoke to me and commanded I look behind me,whereupon I saw an uncountable multitude of people fleeing in all directions, some running north , others south and in no particular direction. They all seemed to be running away from some danger which was not immediately obvious to me at the time.

Suddenly , the same voice asked me to turn around and look , then I saw tables stretched endlessly and arrayed in white cloth as prepared for a banquet . Behind tables were mighty angels with trumpets to their mouths ready to blow.

Without warning, they blew a very loud noise in unison toward the heavens and the same voice for the last time asked me to look at the sky.

As I looked towards the sky, I saw chariots of fire descending with a mighty host , I could not really see who was in one of the main chariots as it was bright and almost ablaze with fire.

Horror filled my heart and I exclaimed my lost condition. Waking up from sleep and with deep fear and profuse sweating , I fled the room and thanked GOD the world had not yet ended .

By the time I had this dream I did not know JESUS.

I have only narrated what I can remember , it has been quite a long time and the facts might be slightly vague to me now.
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by ijawkid(m): 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
frosbel: One bright afternoon in Lagos at about 1pm after a hot tiring day , I drifted into a deep sleep.

And I had a dream........................

I remember being outside playing either football or some other game. Gradually the clouds became grey , the light of the sun was dimmed and there were indications of coming rain.

We continued playing but then the clouds went darker grey which indicated not just rain but heavy rain , with the usual thunder and lightening.

Suddenly the clouds went from very dark grey to pitch black, the light of the sun obviously had been cut out totally.

Now at 13-14 years of age this was a total shock and mighty scare because dark clouds preceding heavy rain with lightening was usual , but pitch blackness at about 1pm in the afternoon was strange to say the least.

While I was musing on this strange phenomenon, a voice spoke to me and commanded I look behind me,whereupon I saw an uncountable multitude of people fleeing in all directions, some running north , others south and in no particular direction. They all seemed to be running away from some danger which was not immediately obvious to me at the time.

Suddenly , the same voice asked me to turn around and look , then I saw tables stretched endlessly and arrayed in white cloth as prepared for a banquet . Behind tables were mighty angels with trumpets to their mouths ready to blow.

Without warning, they blew a very loud noise in unison toward the heavens and the same voice for the last time asked me to look at the sky.

As I looked towards the sky, I saw chariots of fire descending with a mighty host , I could not really see who was in one of the main chariots as it was bright and almost ablaze with fire.

Horror filled my heart and I exclaimed my lost condition. Waking up from sleep and with deep fear and profuse sweating , I fled the room and thanked GOD the world had not yet ended .

By the time I had this dream I did not know JESUS.

I have only narrated what I can remember , it has been quite a long time and the facts might be slightly vague to me now.

I hope you didn't watch ""evil dead"" a day before that dream......lol....

We've all had such dreams at one time or the other......
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
I BELIEVE A FEW SCRIPTURES ARE APT AND WILL SUFFICE

AMOS 8 VS 9 "In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD, "I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight

MATTHEW 24 VS 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: tongue undecided cheesy
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijawkid:

OR SCARY MOVIE grin
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
ijawkid:

No necessarily.

The dream made sense because of the following :

1. Sun darkened
2. Trumpets blown
3. Appearance of JESUS
4. The wailing and confusion of the tribes of the earth .
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by ijawkid(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
frosbel:

No necessarily.

The dream made sense because of the following :

1. Sun darkened
2. Trumpets blown
3. Appearance of JESUS
4. The wailing and confusion of the tribes of the earth .

Well let's wait until we see those signs happen...its really gonna be a fear inspiring day.........
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
In the spirit of Xmas and in honor of the end of the world tomorrow..
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by OmoAlata(f): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
Wow frosbel. That's one amazing dream. Did you repent soon afterwards? God bless.
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Dibangoking(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2012
@ Op.......hope u ad true repentance and pls be consistent cos immediatelly u decide to serve God.....then ur temptation starts buh God is faithful He will not allow temptation bigger than u to come ur way.........am a victim of self guilt right nw cos i backslided.Hope u get my point
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Omo Alata: Wow frosbel. That's one amazing dream. Did you repent soon afterwards? God bless.

I did not quite understand the dream at that time due to my very limited bible knowledge.

However when I became a True Christian in my second year at UI , it all began to make sense.
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dibangoking: @ Op.......hope u ad true repentance and pls be consistent cos immediatelly u decide to serve God.....then ur temptation starts buh God is faithful He will not allow temptation bigger than u to come ur way.........am a victim of self guilt right nw cos i backslided.Hope u get my point

we all need encouragement , fellowship and the word of GOD on a daily basis.

From my experience backsliding is a gradual disillusionment with the faith and a departure from prayer and bible study.

If we can get God's word into our hearts, no matter how small and on a daily basis backed with prayer, God will faithfully succour us in the hour of temptation.
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wow!! What an amazing dream...OP, can u remember what u ate or drank b4 sleeping dat day??
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dap07: Wow!! What an amazing dream...OP, can u remember what u ate or drank b4 sleeping dat day??

Good question, I was not under the influence of any mind controlling substance, food, drink or drugs at the time. lol.

Remember I was only about 13 when I had the dream.
Re: A Dream I Had As A Young Teenager by achinaboy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
i guess smoked some weed

(1) (Reply)

"Who Wrote The Bible?" / Boko Haram: It Is Biblical For Christiansto Defend Themselves — Bagobiri / My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.