Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (13912 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Things We Believed While Growing Up / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Sike(m): 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
I can never forget my Kids' days.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Pakavy(m): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju: Catapult.. I use to hide in the bushes and fire my Catapult into the road..
and bro u still hide bhind d computer's shrine and fire e-catapault into nairaland
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Pakavy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
Rememberd playing hide and seek afta school while waiting 4 my evening lessons,took cover in a transformer's fuse box,lucky me NEPA ceased power.was spotted by the gardener at sister perpetua's house.i got d beating of my lyf dat day
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Richtronix(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
1.Kenke - High jump with one two x four and up to four steel barrels with sawdust as a landing patch

2.Borris (Bearings) - hooked with a piece of steel into a plank and rolled down Caterpillar sands (Ogba Oluwole) at breakneck speed

3.Keke Elemu - Old Raleigh bikes that tappers used with our young feet barely touching the pedals and totally out of control, many a fall and loads of scrapes

4.Playing football on the now beer parlour covered TARMAC in Oluwole. Everyday was a new injury yet you played football throughout your holidays

5.Sokopeye- adding hard pea like seeds to a broomstick and nearly blinding everyone you knew with the seeds

5.Police and thieves with "ruba"(rubber bands) - added danger when people deliberately switched from paper bullets to WIRE and coat hangers

6.Swimming in the three rivers (Odo) Jowoeshe, Alagbafo and Oke Ira with no floats or lifeguards

7.Walking from Mayflower Junior School in Ikenne as an 8 year old Aje butter to Odogbolu. Even as an adult I wouldnt think of doing that....

8. Jumping down entire flights of steps without touching any thing but the bannisters(harder than it sounds)

9. Blasting the xxxx out of everyone with the original Knockout bangers, Onife and Oni kobo-kobo and nearly blowing myself up in the process

10. Sleeping with Mosquito coils ON all night...! shocked

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pakavy: and bro u still hide bhind d computer's shrine and fire e-catapault into nairaland
lol okija juju where do you get those picz
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by swaggie(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
dominique:

I tried and tried but i never got to do that! embarassed Maybe my lids are too thin or somn tongue
same here!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
smithval: nna erh wetin man do full ground chai. i no fit laugh. as e dey rain erh dat smell wey sand dey smell if rain touch am chei e dey sweet pass eba and nsala soup oo. na im mk me go dey chop sand almost everytime. my immediate elder bros don suffer for me, as we dey sleep i go just wan know hw person tk dey die go close im nose cm hol am very tight. Thank God say i no kill my bros
guy no be only you oh! Chai dat smell sweet die! grin
ee fit make person chop sand walahi!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by phyl123: 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
I remember climbing the rails of an overhead tank and swinging upside down..i cringe thinking about it now.. but it was fun then.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by nekaa(f): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2012
I was tv raised. I never for 1s play outside the house with just pant.... Note o; am a strong pako pikin o!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by e4emma(m): 1:59am On Nov 21, 2012
could remember those days!
we would pack garri into our pockets, so crunchy. would take mat i mean the bamboo ones,and simulate smoking, take already smoked ciga nd act plays with it. follow masquerades till u are lost, almost wound urself in football mtches just to win a trophy made with tin,bulb nd covered with ciggerete labels, play mummy nd dadi with the girl u like d most. eat up the seed in already eaten fruits. drink up d remainder from bottle of cocacola when told to return d bottle. fake sickness because of not wanting to go to school. take first position in school even though we dont read, i wonder how it was possible.......
the list is endless, but i enjoyed my childhood.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by timifakay(m): 2:30am On Nov 21, 2012
LMAO.... was never allowed to play outdoors but managed to do these
1) Set sharp pencil or biro for your seatmate
2) Sommersault from school hall stage to the lower level
3) Compete to see who can jump from highest flight of stairs
4) Jump off that swing that goes back and forth
5) Play football with bare feet so as not to destroy your shoes
6) Light match stick and close your mouth over it in the name of trying to smoke
7) Pour chalk dust inside paper, then roll up and inhale
cool Drop hot pot from fire with bare tender hands
9) Using rubber band and paper as catapult, and hiding stick in the paper to harden (an innocent girl almost lost her eye in my pry school)
10) Suck up ink from your bic biro so it will look full
... and the list goes on...
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by baby124: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2012
Riding my bicycle with my best friends, all boys at full speed down and up hills. Scaling all sorts of curbs too. Men! I was a tomboy. Loved my growing up. Climbing trees and eating fresh fruits. Staying up there for hours with my friends after a hard day of cycling. Life was fun, innocent and free. The best years of our lives. grin cheesy.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 21, 2012
I rememeber one time when I had gone off in a hurry becaus someone wanted to take my place as the goalkeeper of Samo(that's my street, we play other streets. I was always the one doing the trophy with mum's unopened Jim bottle that I would pour down the drain.) I jammed the door forgeting I didn't take the key, and I wasn't suposed go be playing football in the first instance. Got twice as much beating cos I was a girl and was supposed to be playing wuth be playing with my doly that I already broke as a goalkeeper for falcons. Anyway, fractured the guys ram and took my place and we won one nil. Check time mummy will soon be back,ran home bwgin look for key. No key, went to d back of the house, puleled tyres together, climbed to stand on the fence, walked to wheree the balcony was(it was near and has a drain pipe I could step on) and got ti d the door just whne mumy was opening. 'Sola, where are you!' Old girl don discard the short for a gown and took up my Ese goes to school and went to her.

I also once dug a hole under the small gate behind my school when I was in primary five in St Bernadetttee just so I could go under to watch adult football on a stret behind my school. Was caught once and suspended for three days o. Nonsense headmaster, he was Ghanian.

O had ni reason not to kick you and if you kick me back, na wedgie. No stick and poles high jump was to High for me to attempt. Tried the nineth step once, ended up in pop.

And I was d female chMpion of tire racing on my street, no one dared race a tipper tyre except me. And the thing was almost my half my height o. I still have all d scars of my childhood; soccer, high jump, fence climbing, tire racing, I knew what condom was so my uncles never brought it near me. Tried smoking lips got burnt. Wrestling was a game I initiated, no one sank hulk hogan move pass me.

*she sighs,,,,'fun times'....till I was forced to be a girlie girl. Now they say I overdo it, whose fault was that?

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 21, 2012
StateOfMind: 'After round one' game

I used to be beaten a lot by the boys in our compound back then cos I always lost out with the numbers I chose. And the stubborn me only opts out when blisters appear at the back of my hand..
"after round one, original panadol extra Otun gbede" did this too. I go say, welldone when beaten. Na wrestling wey no get rule I go wait kill u.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by swaggie(m): 7:34am On Nov 21, 2012
ayobase:

And it remains a mystery how those white dots appeared on my finger nails!
medically, those white spots on ur finger mean that u have ZINC deficiency.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2012
nekaa: I was tv raised. I never for 1s play outside the house with just pant.... Note o; am a strong pako pikin o!
i don't think so..u must be ajebutter! angry angry
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2012
olusolami:
"after round one, original panadol extra Otun gbede" did this too. I go say, welldone when beaten. Na wrestling wey no get rule I go wait kill u.
kai! U dis babe ur childhood sweet die like my own oh! I can never forget dat game mehn!
If na me win d game, omo d beatin wey i go lash the back of their outstretched palm joined together no be here oh! But if na my turn make them beat me..the tin sabi pain person ehn! Chai! Wonderful memories..

Who also remembers dis game, 'i call on...!', so many i'm trying to remember! cheesy
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by crisycent: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2012
My mother used to buy me those fairly used pants (white)...i only wear them when there is heavy rain and serious erosion on my street so i could show off my white pant while swimming inside the erosion.....one day i was driving with my girlfriend in the car and she saw some kids playing inside erosion and asked "don't these kids have mothers", i started laughing to an extent that she was getting angry and i told her i did worse as a kid that we don't have floods these days. I told her i only wear white pants to play in the rain.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by prosper35(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2012
then we use to go to one drinage at the end of my street to swim me nd some of my frnds we will then go nd look for snail, we will frie dem nd eat dem with garri i remember one day one bros in my street cought in d bush looking snail dat day we recive slap dat sounded lyk gun shot nd d pain lasted for two days.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by DrMuzungu(m): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2012
Stoning passing trains. Passenger trains and cargo trains with brand new cars were my favourite wink
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by klam(f): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2012
Gone re doz days men... Swiming in any type f drainage,canals without pant. One day, i carelessly lost my new slippers wen swiming...yeh i was beaten like mad by my mum. Doing action even on d road nd cooking different leave saying its a vegetable.....It is not a gud tin to die young ooo
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by chux76(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
do not ban me:

You need to go through the orientation process to avoid being banned.

1. Do not chase girls on this forum.

2. Do not say anything tribal. Be a true Nigerian.

3. Garri is made from cassava, we all know this but avoid mentioning that delicacy.

4. Dont be rude to old people like me who have been banned many times to avoid our wrath(sango).

5. Whenever a gray haired member enters the forum, pls stand up and greet the person.

I dont want to weary you on your first day. Take your seat.

LWKMD..U don kolo finish oh!!! grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Once went to swing on a rope with it's two ends tied over a door lintel of an uncompleted building. And as I was doing jangilova, the rope cut and sent me flying straight into a heap of abandoned car spare parts with my face. All the other kids ran leaving me there. I managed to get up, with a badly damaged face and some cracked internal bones. And funny enough I went straight to bed that afternoon with a trail of blood from the place where I fell to my bedroom. My mum almost fainted when she came home and saw blood trail to my room only to find me sleeping, with blood all over my pillow. I was taken to the hospital were they had to stitch my lip, and had to wear bandage on my face cos my jaw had shifted. Then I was on steady daily injection for two weeks. Thank God that it didn't leave permanent damage to my face.....

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Somersaulting (back fling ) from stair case......wtf was I thinking ? Once burnt our kitchen window net and almost set our house help ablaze when I spayed insectide on our gas burner.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by ayobase(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
olusolami: .....
Now they say I overdo it, whose fault was that?

You can count on me...I will never compalin!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by ayobase(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
swaggie!!!:
medically, those white spots on ur finger mean that u have ZINC deficiency.

Seriously?
@@checking my fingers' nails@@
I gat none....ope o!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by happynwa(f): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Den i used to step in any water, i can greet u 100 tymes a day, carry puppy on mi back like a baby, play ten ten, suwe, i call on, sandle lilly, from d east to d west, o mi gush der re just much. Hw i wish i can turn d hands of clock back. Tnk God i was part of it.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by happynwa(f): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Den i used to step in any water, i can greet u 100 tymes a day, carry puppy on mi back like a baby, use sweet pack 4 moni, flog all d plantain leave in mi house, use okro leave to make soap, use red sand to make stew, play ten ten, suwe, i call on, sandle lilly, from d east to d west, o mi gush der re just much. Hw i wish i can turn d hands of clock back. Tnk God i was part of it.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by HenryJosephs(m): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mine wz gymnastics..."baflit, steady, popido, table, and d most dangerous of all was d one we called "danger"
World scatter with metal bullets.
"Mogbo moya"....when we scouted for any party nd went there to fill up our "tanks"
Then there's also "tamo moto" where we ll just look for a moving vehicle nd şteal a ride, standing on d bumper.
We also went swimming in d "odo"
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Once a kid kicked our ball during a game and it fell were a neighbours dog was resting. We tried throwing sticks and stones at the dog but once it gets up everyone would run away . So I planned to distract the dog so that others can pick the ball. Na so i carry water in small bucket go pour the dog. Mehn the dog chased me and even tore my knicker, missing my yansh by inches. I think I run pass usain that day.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by OPEYEMIAD(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
it is only God no number of lizard i kill during my childhood days. know am asking my self what are we killing them for in those days, immediate we come back from school we are going to hunt lizard
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by juman(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jumping from first floor of uncompleted buildings.

Go down from moving car (pickup).

Climbing tree as high as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This A New Scam In Town? Please Help / The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver . / Are You Facing Manhood Challenges in Your Marriage? See Solution here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.