Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man (11663 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Seeking A Practising & Young Muslim Lady For Marriage / Church Members Save Muslim Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by benzion72(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
It is good to help needy people. But this guy must not be giving cash for any courses. Payment should be made to the schools. Also what skill can you acquire in two days as specified by this guy. After the skill acquistion does he have relevant contact to get the jobs. Will you give your job to a person who learnt it intwo days.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by cyril83(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
deols:

I think a means of money collection should be the next thing. 15k for the first two courses at least.

I doubt how sustainable those can be though. do many people install cctv? and electric fences with the challenges of electricity supply?
I hope there are many pple who would be willing to help this guy.

beware of scam...nigerians are not that nice @op which format is this 1 abeg
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is not only a muslim problem. Many people are faced with this problem as well.

I have seen some good recommendations here, so I will just list them.

1) Try as hard as possible to find a halal job and save up for his goals

2) Nairalnders organize some form of Zakat to help him

3) Yahoo Yahoo and repent angry

There is no easy way out for this young man and so many other Nigerians trapped in this cycle of poverty. This is so saddening!
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
cyril83: beware of scam...nigerians are not that nice @op which format is this 1 abeg

LWKMD! You are really a skeptic.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by cyril83(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
benzion72: It is good to help needy people. But this guy must not be giving cash for any courses. Payment should be made to the schools. Also what skill can you acquire in two days as specified by this guy. After the skill acquistion does he have relevant contact to get the jobs. Will you give your job to a person who learnt it intwo days.
remember na naija u dey oh...to me na wash wash jooor...next format abeg
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
Logicboy03: This is not only a muslim problem. Many people are faced with this problem as well.

2) Nairalnders organize some form of Zakat Sadaqah to help him

3) Yahoo Yahoo and repent angry

There is no easy way out for this young man and so many other Nigerians trapped in this cycle of poverty. This is so saddening!
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Skywalker5(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji:

The guy is asking for religious advice on the concept called "Yahoo-Yahoo", he is a Muslim. However, should you be willing to help him, you are welcome.

oh, i get what you mean. it was your post about the training he wrote to you that caught my attention more. The only help i can give him is for him to sit down and think on what he wants to do. you said he has good IT skills. He should go online and download tutorials and study at home. I just googled Vsat installation and found tons of resources on it. Everything is on the net.I dont think he is making an effort for research. Everything he needs is on the net

But if he think its yahoo yahoo he wants, then i dont know what to say
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
cyril83: remember na naija u dey oh...to me na wash wash jooor...next format abeg

That is enough, we have read you. Let others too have their say.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sky-walker:

oh, i get what you mean. it was your post about the training he wrote to you that caught my attention more. The only help i can give him is for him to sit down and think on what he wants to do. you said he has good IT skills. He should go online and download tutorials and study at home. I just googled Vsat installation and found tons of resources on it. Everything is on the net.I dont think he is making an effort for research. Everything he needs is on the net

But if he think its yahoo yahoo he wants, then i dont know what to say

Inasmuch as I am an advocate of having knowledge ahead of certificate, it might be a little bit difficult for him to break into the market without certification. I think a great way he can be helped is to find a school/professional outfit that would be willing to train him at little or no cost.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by apacheguy: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Bismillahi rahmani raheem
this particular case wt bro. X is not new and its will never b d last one to be experienced by our muslim brothers.
he shd knw clearly he is not d only one in ds leve of challenge....so, if he shd take dubious means to achieve his means then whr is the Islam in him? and if other brothers going thru ds challenge do dsame then its certain dt muslims as a whole hav left d minhaj of Rasul ~SAW
i wldnt advice him to take a paid job, he wldnt b paid more than 20k a month wch cant cater for his cost of living and surely, he'll hav almost nothing to save @ d end of d month, and if he wld save it 'll take him yrs of paid job to achieve dt, to ds effect, he can switch to oda option like petty businesses around like trading, d last time i was in lagos island, i was suprised wt all sorts of road side business ppl re engaged in, i even had to some stuffs myself to sell in my place, i'll advice he look around there re lots of stuffs he can engage wch wld b better off paid job. u'll be surprised dt there stuffs u can buy in lagos island, especially around oluwole market and still sell within dt vicinity of lagos and make tangible number of sales and make good profit on, look around, idumota axis, although it may look too low for ur level but keep ur mind on ur focus, u want to raise money 4 ur education.
You may thnk ds is too absurd, but a number of brothers i knw personally hav don dt to achieve what they needed to achieve wch is halal and they cld measure their progress. the other part to it is dt u'll have time 4 d programmes u talked abt, and lots of concentration since their'll b no demand frm a boss or ur wrk, u can even quit d business for a number of days to concentrate on ur studies. The part of not considering university education due to financial constraint to me is extremely wrong. University education is indispensable at ds material time, u can still use d method i highlighted above to sponsor urself to d university, i'm a practical example in dt respect, i sponsored myself to d university engaging in all these hustling type of life, and today hamdalillah....if u still need more clarification, let me knw
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
apacheguy: Bismillahi rahmani raheem
this particular case wt bro. X is not new and its will never b d last one to be experienced by our muslim brothers.
he shd knw clearly he is not d only one in ds leve of challenge....so, if he shd take dubious means to achieve his means then whr is the Islam in him? and if other brothers going thru ds challenge do dsame then its certain dt muslims as a whole hav left d minhaj of Rasul ~SAW
i wldnt advice him to take a paid job, he wldnt b paid more than 20k a month wch cant cater for his cost of living and surely, he'll hav almost nothing to save @ d end of d month, and if he wld save it 'll take him yrs of paid job to achieve dt, to ds effect, he can switch to oda option like petty businesses around like trading, d last time i was in lagos island, i was suprised wt all sorts of road side business ppl re engaged in, i even had to some stuffs myself to sell in my place, i'll advice he look around there re lots of stuffs he can engage wch wld b better off paid job. u'll be surprised dt there stuffs u can buy in lagos island, especially around oluwole market and still sell within dt vicinity of lagos and make tangible number of sales and make good profit on, look around, idumota axis, although it may look too low for ur level but keep ur mind on ur focus, u want to raise money 4 ur education.
You may thnk ds is too absurd, but a number of brothers i knw personally hav don dt to achieve what they needed to achieve wch is halal and they cld measure their progress. the other part to it is dt u'll have time 4 d programmes u talked abt, and lots of concentration since their'll b no demand frm a boss or ur wrk, u can even quit d business for a number of days to concentrate on ur studies. The part of not considering university education due to financial constraint to me is extremely wrong. University education is indispensable at ds material time, u can still use d method i highlighted above to sponsor urself to d university, i'm a practical example in dt respect, i sponsored myself to d university engaging in all these hustling type of life, and today hamdalillah....if u still need more clarification, let me knw

Thank you, more advice, ideas, volunteers are welcome.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Skywalker5(m): 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Inasmuch as I am an advocate of having knowledge ahead of certificate, it might be a little bit difficult for him to break into the market without certification. I think a great way he can be helped is to find a school/professional outfit that would be willing to train him at little or no cost.

I understand what you saying but to be honest, going to a professional outfit is not the best in my own opinion. All i think he needs is a computer at home that can accept installation of this software i wrote in my previous post and practice with it. I see no reason for him to go for IT training with his current situation if he already has the basic of Networking. I went for training but only for CCNA, every other certification i did was self taught, there are videos online he can ask his friends to download for him if he cant afford internet access and study and practice at home. Any money he gets should be saved towards exam not training.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by tintingz(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
Yahoo yahoo badt gan.....this mr. x dude wanna sing kelly hansome song "maga don pay" naah! Its very badt.....if it is to donate mula for him for his IT programme then fisebilillah my brothers and sisters may almighty Allah help us....
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by almajiri101: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Why is this young man making life difficult for himself, if truly he's a good muslim,he must have read a verse that state "its your wisdom that will make a way for you" my advice is if he knows he can do it then do it,such thing could not be attached to sin in nigeria,many have done it and later turn pastor and imam...besides yahoo is not easy oh
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by jargaban: 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
I am 30yrs, i have a university degree, I earn 20k per month working 12hrs daily except on sundays, I am not running to NGO to please help me. Now what is wrong with this young man Let him learn a trade or vocation that cost less, he'll graduate in a matter of years and become an employer of labour. Stop encouraging laziness all in the name of pity. There are lot of people out there who are going through worst scenarios, its not our fault, let's blame it on the economy. Show him crime fighters and those in EFCC's net as a result of crime maybe he's going to change his mind.
Nigerian laws does not give room for excuses. The fear of Kirikiri is the ...

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Castos(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
deols: I want d guy 2 see ds situation as a test from God. Is he one of those to pass or to fail?

Asking these questions in the 1st place denote some level of faith. I hope Allah keeps him strong.

And making contributions for him is a very good idea.
God dont test man. Its just the way it is.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by mu2sa2: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
I am uplifted by the advice that hav been posted. I am also encouraged by all that has been said to believe that there is hope for nigeria - not a single person support d brothers ill-advice of going into crime on the excuse of desperation. Let the brother heed wise counsel,Please.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Azeez532(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sky-walker:
CCTV/Ip surveillance is good for him to go with.I think there is a future in it in Nigeria
I think CCNA is enough for him, he should try and branch out to Microsoft server and Vmware.You said he already has networking skills
He should get video tutorials online and study server and Vmware. There are trial server softwares versions online for him to test with,also with Vmware. I wont advice him to go for CCNP. If you dont have devices and equipment for cisco,you will forget some as IT involves constant practice most but with Microsoft and Vmware, you can install them on your computer or laptop and practice at home

I will suggest he tries to set himself up a company and market his skills to small companies once he has learnt it well.There are lot of things he can do in IT. Since he has good marketing skills,it should not be a problem for him. There are some branches in IT that most people dont talk about but are good
Like backup data,e-mails , Linux,remote support( you'll need internet access). There are so many video and documents that can help him start.

N.B Any reason why this is in the Islam for Muslim section? I am a christian and i see the guy as my brother not a young Muslim man or is it just Muslims that are to contribute?
i think d muslim brother should try ur suggestion.May Almighty Allah bring help to d muslim brother.@sky-walker,i would like to know you better outside this medium coz i see you are an IT expert & you will be of a great help to me.my email is abbeyat@yahoo.com.2ru dat medium,i could get ur facebook i.d so dat we could get 2 talk better.Thanks
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wow. He needs so much money. Pls, let's all reach an agreement. Are we donating for him? The acct details too, pls
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Rukemi291: Wow. He needs so much money. Pls, let's all reach an agreement. Are we donating for him? The acct details too, pls

Let those willing to make financial contributions signify their interest first. Modalities for collection can be worked out later.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
I think other forms of support should be considered as well, not just money.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by BetaThings: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
Logicboy03: This is not only a muslim problem. Many people are faced with this problem as well.

2) Nairalnders organize some form of Zakat to help him

3) [b]Yahoo Yahoo and repent[b] angry

No sane muslim will suggest that in bold type (yahoo and repent).

Making taubah requires 3 steps
1. Stop the sin and seek forgiveness
2. Return what you took This is critical problem for a yahoo scheme and this person in particular
3. Resolve NEVER to go back to it
It is even wrong to plan to commit a sin and repent. The person might not live for 5minutes after committing the sin, leaving no room for taubah.
And planned commission of sin and repentance does not even qualify. Otherwise, every sin will be acceptable. We only need to live long enough to seek forgiveness!

Check.
BetaThings:

If this guy steps into yahoo, there is no assurance that he will leave. That is easy to say
[b]Yahoo is not like collecting rain water. There is another human being at the other end being cheated[b]
Even if he leaves yahoo business, he still have to make taubah for the money he fraudulently made. Taubah is not possible without returning what one took to the rightful owner. How does he seek to achieve that with Yahoo faceless contact

How much does he need that makes him so desperate to take to crime

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by BetaThings: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Let those willing to make financial contributions signify their interest first. Modalities for collection can be worked out later.
Open the account first; announce how much we want to raise and people can then pay in
Some will do it anonymously. You might even raise more than you announce in which case the surplus can be channeled to other things
There are a lot of people in want

What is uppermost is this: do we agree with his plan? Or do we want to modify it. Giving him very good advice is better than giving him a lot of money to pursue what might not be viable
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Jarus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
If it comes to fund raising, I can volunteer to play a part (coordinating and contributing), based on my experience in such matters(TEHN, Buhari Nairaland campaign etc).

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Shankboye(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
D.u.m.b dats ur ñame
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by BetaThings: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Jarus: If it comes to fund raising, I can volunteer to play a part (coordinating and contributing), based on my experience in such matters(TEHN, Buhari Nairaland campaign etc).
Let us get it on. We know you cannot run away with our money
Account details?

BTW - how much are we raising? What are we doing with it? Advice to the guy?

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Jazakhallah @all:

HARAM is HARAM and has no other name than being HARAM. With the question raised by the mallam. We should first try as much as possible 2 help him out in his faith toward اللَّهُ so that he can remain firm and steadfast while in puBlic and privacy.

The idea of contributing for him is also good, but I'll rather we taught him how 2 catch his own fish. (By finding him a JOB that will sustain him)

May اللَّهُ help him and help us all.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by BetaThings: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^^^^
We are not planning to give him fish
We are trying to pay directly to the experienced fisherman who will teach him
He also needs a certificate of proficiency in fishing. The fee for the test will also be paid
Finally he needs fishing gear. That would be bought and handed to him

It is very likely that any Naseehah given to somebody who is desperate enough to contemplate yahoo will be lost on him. We need to remove that immediate problem before we load him frontally with dawah

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Abegi

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Jarus: If it comes to fund raising, I can volunteer to play a part (coordinating and contributing), based on my experience in such matters(TEHN, Buhari Nairaland campaign etc).

Feel free to work on it, we should communicate tomorrow Insha Allah. Right now, I feel like someone who has received a proper beating. Your offer is over-welcome.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by ponana(m): 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Once you start involving yyourself in illegal or immoraal acts, it is quit difficult to get yourself out even though it seems otherwise.
Also, getting mixed in illegal activities signifies loss of faith in Allah and that is one of the steps that leads to Shirk(associating partners with Allah) which I would advise and plead with you not to do. May Allah guide the Brother and provide halaal source of income for him.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Temmie002: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji: ^Very nice sub :Pmissions and questions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / Terrorism: Rulings, Distortion And Misconception Of Some Verses In The Quran / Blackberry Messenger Group For Naija Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.