Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man (11662 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Seeking A Practising & Young Muslim Lady For Marriage / Church Members Save Muslim Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
ponana: Once you start involving yyourself in illegal or immoraal acts, it is quit difficult to get yourself out even though it seems otherwise.
Also, getting mixed in illegal activities signifies loss of faith in Allah and that is one of the steps that leads to Shirk(associating partners with Allah) which I would advise and plead with you not to do. May Allah guide the Brother and provide halaal source of income for him.

Shirk?
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by yamakuza: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
maclatunji: Like I said last night , Brother X sent me a mail detailing the courses he is interested in. What you are about to read next are the contents of that mail:

[b]Salamalaikum brother, sorry for the late response, my network was bad

this is a step by step list of the courses

would be done at Kits technologies, Palm avenue Mushin, Lagos
cctv/ip surveillance installation and maintenance= 7,500, a two days intensive training
vsat installation and maintenance= 7,500, a two days intensive training

would be done at affanti technologies, Ipaja Lagos
[s]electric fence installation and maintenance=25,000 a two days intensive training[/s]

would be done at New Horizon, Ikeja Lagos
ccna full course= 45,000, a two months intensive training
[s]ccnp full course=110,000, a five months intensive training[/s]

this are the list of courses i would like to take for now brother, note all the courses above excluding the ccna and ccnp are courses i can do first that would enable me raise money for the other expensive once, i have a good spirit of marketing online so i would be able to grow a quick and good client ones am done with the courses...please feel free to ask me questions where necessary because i believe am not perfect and i may not have put my words down clearly...

Jazakumllah khairan,[/b]

allow me to cross out 2 of the above based on what 2 other people said.

that brings the cost to N15k + N45k = N60k

i doubt he included exam fees, so the extras can go towards that.

2ndly, and more importantly, the Chairman/MD/CEO of KITS is a very devout and pious muslim.

i'm sure if he sees this thread, he can place the guy on scholarship. maybe if a committee can visit him ...

the reason i say this is because even with those skills/certs, he isnt guaranteed a job.

what he needs right now is an internship arrangement, where he can learn on the job, and possibly get retained.

if KITS cannot employ him or give him an internship position, i'm sure an arrangement can be reached where they supervise/manage a small internet kiosk for him.

that should afford him the opportunity to develop hands on skills and take his exams over time.

all the best !

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by ziondaughter: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2012
maclatunji: Salam Alaykum, sometimes I get contacted by people on different issues privately and this is what has happened regarding the story you are about to read:

Brother X made contact with me and he has several problems. The first is that he is indigent as his parents are not capable of supporting him (the reasons are immaterial, just accept that they can't help him financially). He lives with friends here in Lagos and has been struggling to raise money to study an ICT professional course. He believes that once he finishes and passes the exams, he can use the money earned to sustain himself in terms of finance. He has his O-levels but is not thinking of University admission for now because he just can't afford to be a student at the moment, he has to pay his bills. To make matters worse, he cannot afford to pay for the professional course and exam as well. All of this stress has taken a toll on his faith as well- his salat aren't as frequent and timely as they used to be. His faith is waning.

Now, he is thinking of a solution to all his problems, the bolded are his words with a few grammatical corrections from me to make it comprehensible, he was typing on IM:

I want to ask a question that goes does (sic), its about me. I have some friends that are into yahoo are u following me? And they collect good pay most times and am a poor boy for now cos i dont have what i want or any one to help only Allah. So, I was thinking would it be good if i do a bit of yahoo just to raise money for my courses? It looks cool to me cos i wld stop as soon as i make some money for what i want to do but my question is: how smart is that and what does Allah say about such?

Questions:

1. Indeed, what does Allah say about such and how smart is this idea?

2. What are the alternatives open to this young man?

3. Is there anyone willing to help him? He has knowledge of computers and networking.

4. What can we do as Muslims and a society to help our young men and women in similar condition as Brother X?

Note: I have his approval to create this thread.

Brother X dont go into yahoo n think u will stop. Its just like robbery, wen u succeed d 1st tym u keep going until u are caught n den u will say its my 1st tym meanyl u are already in police net. Dat it worked 4 someone doesnt mean it will work 4 u. Keep faith n dont stop cos ur breakthrough is near.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Mustay(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2012
^^^So does the devil tempt. It looks lucrative and you deceive yourself that "I shall stop" but he keeps on luring your lust till you're lost.

There's nothing better than a conscience nurtured by truth + peace of mind.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by webgeek: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2012
send his cv and number to my email address -webgeek@tiscali.co.uk - and i can give him a job if he speaks good english and able to learn.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by surveycash(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2012
webgeek: send his cv and number to my email address -webgeek@tiscali.co.uk - and i can give him a job if he speaks good english and able to learn.

God bless you.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by maclatunji: 10:37am On Nov 23, 2012
webgeek: send his cv and number to my email address -webgeek@tiscali.co.uk - and i can give him a job if he speaks good english and able to learn.

Wonderful!

I have asked him to forward the CV to me. Hopefully, before the day runs-out you should receive it.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Muslim Man by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2012

wow. That's awesome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / Terrorism: Rulings, Distortion And Misconception Of Some Verses In The Quran / Blackberry Messenger Group For Naija Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.