Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo (11055 Views)

Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens / Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island / Building Collapsed At Ebute Meta, Killing 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Right now, 2 people reported dead on TV. cry
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by olaolaking: 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
slimyem: Sad news..
Most of those Jakande estate buildings are disasters waiting to happen and need to be torn down...!

None of the Houses in this estate has Pillar. I guess many will still happen with time
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Akanniade(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
I suspect too much gen. set vibrations on all the floors, although poor building design is the root cause.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Rhemmymatician(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Homextras: So sad, when u compare the stability and strength of houses built by jakande, the former governor of lagos, under the space of three years, then u can't just but wonder how sharp our standards have fallen. The collapsed house was built by contractors, think under the new democracy. I was told of how sand and dust were blowing everywhere as the building collapsed. The madam who lost her two daughters was informed of the situtation by neighbours downstairs that the house was vibrating and she should move out, her response was God will take control, the woman happened to be my late mum's friend. I should commend however the response of lagos emergency response agencies, everyone is on ground, including d STV, lasema, civil defence, and a caterpillar for demolition.. I am not happy at the medicine after death approach of immediately marking all the nearby houses for demolition, rather crude approach without running any stability test and all that. Am sure the relevant agency ignored their duties. I wish this is investigated and the contractor made to account. May the dead RIP.

Commend what? What happened to quick response to save the lives of citizens. House collapsed around past 12 midnight. As at 6:30am when I left there only the Red Cross(2 or 3 of them) were there and they came very late.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by 360command: 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
Will lagos state govt occupy that landed property? Cos I heard if there is any building collapse in lagos, the lagos state govt will seize or own the property. I need to be cleared on this issue I have stated.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by merlin2oo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
so so sad, may the dead Rest in peace
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by 3kay945(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
360command: Will lagos state govt occupy that landed property? Cos I heard if there is any building collapse in lagos, the lagos state govt will seize or own the property. I need to be cleared on this issue I have stated.
I think there was a pronouncement, but not sure if its passed into law.
Anyhow, I pity that woman shaa o.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by GboyegaD(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
midetinz: The story is very true,I stay in d estate. Two kids confirmned dead. Eye witness report that the house has been "shaking" since. After a collapse sinal yesterday noon,occupants were warned by neighbours to evacuate the building. The mother of the two deceased insisted she'll wait till today.it happened at night yesterday and her 2kids were confirmned trapped in debris-dead,this morning. I just confirmned that the 2 dead girls are fresh graduate of medicine. And demolition of 3more neighbouring houses(obviously weak) are on.

May their soul rest in perfect peace. Sincerely, why would they have to sleep in the house? I wonder why often times we ignore warning thinking God would come down from Heaven to rescue us.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Adeyeancah(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
slimyem: Sad news..
Most of those Jakande estate buildings are disasters waiting to happen and need to be torn down...!
I stay in the estate,the buildings were quickly built 13years ago.different from the one lateef jakande built.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Adeyeancah(m): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Just about 100metres to whr I stay.so sad.was on my to work around 6.25am when a friend calld to inform me...
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by kspeed(m): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Homextras: Its true, so sad, happened along church street, inside jakande estate, oke afa, isolo.

Awwwww my estate,where i live..God have mercy!may their souls rest in perfect peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State / [[DOWNLOAD.ZIP]] Drake Nothing Was The Same (ALBUM^) / 195 plots of Land for sale @ Ibeju lekki with Excession Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.