Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager (10838 Views)

Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho Appointed As Chelsea Manager / Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by chelseabmw(m): 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
foolish chelsea
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by johnstar(m): 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
holamiday: You wear pant for face? Check the third post of the thread.
nop, bra dey im eyes grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by guddy4real: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Greatmang5: LATEST NEWS COMING FROM STAMFORD BRIDGE

Barely a few hours after his appointment... a statement coming out of the Chelsea's Board Room says:

: Rafa Benitez has been sacked as Chelsea manager for failing to win anything since taking over this morning.

See proof here: http:///Qb7D40

grin grin grin
I know you are a Man U fan tufiakwa enemies of progress.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by yoged(m): 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
I hope this man will give his best coz Liverpool has not come out of the problem benitez put dem in
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by fortyfeet(m): 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
guddy4real: I think Peep Guadiola would have been the best option.
Go carry him come now.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by highlandre(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
I don't think any good coach would jump at an offer to manage a club like Chelsea considering the hire-today-fire-tomorrow style of the tyranical owner, but when a man is out of job for over a year like in the case of Benitez, you can't be wrong with judgement.

I can only say "another wood has been thrown into the fire to be consumed at the slightest irritation of the cook". Good luck, Benitez. wink
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Shollzybuzzy: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039: The appointment of Benitez is the beginning of doom for chelshit

[size=13pt]Chelshit is doomed[/size]

[size=13pt][b]Chelshit is doomed
[/size]
[/b]

[size=13pt]Chelshit is doomed[/size]
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
at the end we know where all this is leading to, abrahmovic is in love with pep guardiola.guadiola is coming at the end of the season no doubt about it.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Dee60: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
Likely to succeed at Chelsea. He is a very good manager.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: So Torres can only perform on Benitez's watch? Wow what a great player he is.
Apparently the other coaches he played under after leaving Liverpool were as bad or worse than RDM.undecided

Well, Torres' problem is more psychological than anything else. It might do him some good to reunite with the manager under whom he had the best form of his career - i.e. Benitez. I reckon Benitez would know how to psyche him up to deliver what he is cabable of.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
What is a Liverpool maestro and tactician like Rafa benitez doing at a club like Chelsea!
I am so gutted!
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
chelseabmw: foolish chelsea
It's not often that we see people throw self-directed insults on NL. That's a novelty!
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by tribalism(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
The official Chelsea website outlines the career and achievements so far of the 52-year-old Spaniard appointed our interim first-team manager… The official Chelsea website outlines the career and achievements so far of the 52-year-old Spaniard appointed our interim first-team manager… Rafael Benitez started his coaching career on the staff at Real Madrid and enjoyed notable success in charge of the equivalent of youth and reserve teams. He also worked as first team assistant to Vicente Del Bosque. In 1995 he took charge of a senior side for the first time, at Real Valladolid. There followed another short spell at Osasuna and then appointments at Extremadura and Tenerife, both of whom he led into the Spanish top flight. In 2001 came the step up to one of the big clubs in Spanish football, Valencia, who had lost consecutive Champions League finals under Hector Cuper. With the arrival of Benitez they won their first La Liga title in 31 years and followed that 2002 success with another in 2004. Also that season they won the UEFA Cup, beating a Marseille side spearheaded by Didier Drogba in a final held in Gothenburg. Benitez resigned from the Mestalla the following summer and moved to Merseyside. In his first season there he was beaten in the League Cup final at Cardiff by Chelsea but went all the way in the Champions League, taking part in one of the most famous finals of all time. Liverpool were 3-0 down at half-time in Istanbul to Carlo Ancelotti's AC Milan. Benitez made a tactical switch and Liverpool tied the score at 3-3 inside 90 minutes before winning on penalties. The following August they beat CSKA Moscow to win the UEFA Super Cup and that second season resulted in a third-place domestic finish with Liverpool's highest points total since the Premier League began. They also made the FA Cup final, Cardiff again the venue with West Ham the team beaten on penalties this time. The major finals kept coming in Benitez's third Liverpool season but AC Milan had their revenge for 2005 in the 2007 Champions League decider in Athens. In 2008/09 Liverpool finished second in the Premier League, four points behind Manchester United, but with important players leaving or injured the following season, that was to be a league high point and in the summer of 2010 Benitez left Liverpool. He moved to Milan to take over from Madrid- bound Jose Mourinho at Internazionale and immediately won the Italian Super Cup, followed in the December by victory in the FIFA Club World Cup, on that occasion staged in the Middle East. However manager and club parted company just before Christmas. A native of Madrid, Benitez's career as a player was curtailed at the age of 26 by a knee injury. As would later be the case with his coaching, he began playing at Real Madrid and was working his way through the junior ranks towards first-team football when the injury first struck. He was playing for a Spanish National University Team in an international tournament. His career rise was subsequently slowed but he was able to play first team football for several seasons in the lower leagues in Spain until his coaching ambitions took over.

So, how do you expect this profile to fail. Thumbs up Benitez. How I wish you met your good friend Drogba.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by freecocoa(f): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
pro01:

Well, Torres' problem is more psychological than anything else. It might do him some good to reunite with the manager under whom he had the best form of his career - i.e. Benitez. I reckon Benitez would know how to psyche him up to deliver what he is cabable of.
We don't want a player who needs to be petted and handed candies by his daddy before he can perform.
I say buy 2 more strikers and bench the life out of Torres, that way he'd realize that its not all about him.

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
Here is RDM's statement, following his sacking:

"It was an honour for me to be appointed manager of a club that I loved playing for and one that is so close to my heart. I am extremely proud of the successes and trophies that we were able to bring to the club in recent months.

"Lifting Chelsea's first Champions League trophy, in Munich, was the best achievement in club history and without doubt the highlight of my career to date, both as a player and manager. It is a memory I will treasure for the rest of my life.

"I have a deep and unreserved passion for Chelsea Football Club and I would like to sincerely thank all of the staff, my players and of course the Chelsea fans, for their tremendous and unconditioned support in the intense time I have been the manager at the Bridge. I wish all of them every success for the rest of the season and beyond."
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by 1313(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Haba! Why are you people shouting Torres Torres Torres? Is it Banitez that has the dose for his fumbling carreer? Even if they employ an angel,If Torress will not improve, He will not improve. Hope you guys read that post very well? Banitez is an interim coach: His sacked letter is typed already. The want Guadiola.....chelshit.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by jimino(m): 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
yoged: I hope this man will give his best coz Liverpool has not come out of the problem benitez put dem in
hahahahahahaha, even inter 2. guy u b chelsea fan?
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by pat077: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
why is it dat Since okada was banned in Lagos
Chelsea hasn't won any EPL game?

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Decryptor(m): 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
The greatest mistake chelsea made was to fire Jose Mourihno. That man would have made chelsea a top-class club by influencing potential sign-ins. Abraminovic is just runnin from pillar to post. As confused as Chelsea
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by AlterEgoTM: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bobbystanley: Bleep abramovich...how and where in the world is benitez better dan Di matteo,a man who won an FA cup and CL trophy wit liverpool in Six years and someone who did the same wit chelsea in six months....i just wonder why dis impatient idiòt is the owner of my darling club[size=30pt](crying)[/size]
Oh please cry me a river undecided
I bet this Club would not be your 'darling' had this same 'impatient idiòt' not come along with his billions.
Or would you rather Ken Bates was still the owner A two minute conversation with a Leeds United fan would tell you all you need to know. Heck, the old fàg just sold off Leeds United today.
Much as I detest RA's trigger happy nature as regards managers, there is no denying the fact that the success we are enjoying today is because of him.
I wanna see folks appreciate him for that.
And oh, hiring that cùnt Benitez is a disastrous move.

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by jimino(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
chelsea r in 4 more trouble because liverpool nd inter hv nt being able 2 recover 4rm d trouble benitez left dem wit. I jst dey laf.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by HAH: 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mkpakala: at the end we know where all this is leading to, abrahmovic is in love with pep guardiola.guadiola is coming at the end of the season no doubt about it.
is guadiola a better coach, the guy was just lucky to have good players and mgt. the. secret is keep a coach for long and the result will flow e.g sir alex feg and arsene wenger. abrahamovich will regret this
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Booty4me: 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Congrat Benitex grin grin They Guy No send Atall.. But I just They Pity him coz the way chesit go use mouth fire am eh
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by akintun: 12:01am On Nov 22, 2012
It seems people don't know dat Benitez is one of d most d successful coaches in football. Sir Alex had not achieved what Benitez has achieved at 52, and we all know dat Sir Alex is a great coach. D problem he had at Liverpool was dat he was never allowed to buy d players he wanted becos d club director of football felt dat dey were too expensive. He then had to settle 4 lots of average players. D man problem is dat he knows how to offend management and he does not relate well with some players. After winning d world club champ with inter Milan, he started attacking d club owner because he felt he was not supported d way mourinho was supported, and this was after been told he was not expected to win d title. His mandate was to bring in young players and let them develop over a period.
I have d feeling dat d guy will soon start fighting with Chelsea management.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by solomon111(m): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2012
WTF!
I truely hate this man.
He has always been known to be anti-chelsea and anti-drogba.
He is hated by chelsea fans in England.
The fans at stamford bridge will show him hell,for the 6-months he has at chelsea.
I may not watch chelsea again till the season is over,and pep guardiola replaces this moronicc scouser.
Roman Abramovich is a twatt,a fuccking disgrace!
He obviously dosen't care about the fans.
What a sad day for MOST chelsea fans throughout the world.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:08am On Nov 22, 2012
tribalism: The official Chelsea website outlines the career and achievements so far of the 52-year-old Spaniard appointed our interim first-team manager… The official Chelsea website outlines the career and achievements so far of the 52-year-old Spaniard appointed our interim first-team manager… Rafael Benitez started his coaching career on the staff at Real Madrid and enjoyed notable success in charge of the equivalent of youth and reserve teams. He also worked as first team assistant to Vicente Del Bosque. In 1995 he took charge of a senior side for the first time, at Real Valladolid. There followed another short spell at Osasuna and then appointments at Extremadura and Tenerife, both of whom he led into the Spanish top flight. In 2001 came the step up to one of the big clubs in Spanish football, Valencia, who had lost consecutive Champions League finals under Hector Cuper.
I want to remind you that most of Benitez's success happened when he worked with Pako Ayestaran. As soon as Pako left Benitez, he started to fall off.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pako_Ayestarán

So don't be too optimistic. It is just like Rijkaard, as soon as Henk Ten Cate left, he started to fall off.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henk_Ten_Cate

Some of these Assistants are unsung heroes.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by solomon111(m): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2012
pro01:

Torres is gone!
Even liverpool fans admit that torres has lost his pace and explosion,which were what made him lethal.
Unfortunately,Roman abramofool cannot accept he made a £50m mistake and move on.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by chessguru1(m): 12:29am On Nov 22, 2012
sexysunnyb: he will also be sacked before month end
Nah most likely at d end of the season. Just like RDM was used and dumped. Its pep that they are really after. Just watch ow dey will drop dis benitez like a hot potato whn pep is ready
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by cupid4ig(m): 12:53am On Nov 22, 2012
holamiday: First to comment.
u need a brain check kid undecided
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 22, 2012
What is wrong with Abramovich self, that man is an idiot ok you sacked a man that gave you Champions league just becos of one useless stricker that does not know how to play football. That his wife has you virgina water to cook soup for, FERNADO RAT HEAD TORRES. How wish I fit sack C.E.O na Abramovich for go for deceiving chelsea all these while.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager by Icecomrade: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2012
Am still wondering if this hard head chelsea players would want to play for Benitez considering their loyalty n likeness for RDM. Only time will tell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newcastle Agree £12m Fee To Sign Trippier From Atletico Madrid / Liverpool Vs Bournemouth (3 - 1) On 19th August 2023 / Fulham Vs Liverpool: EFL Cup Semi-Finals (1 - 1) On 24th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.