Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager (7291 Views)

Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 / Arsenal V Napoli - UCL (2 - 0) On 1st October 2013 / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by sammietos(m): 12:29am On May 28, 2013
Former Chelsea interim coach, Rafa Benitez has been appointed as the new coach of Italian Serie A side, Napoli.

He replace Walter Mazzarri who takes over as Inter Milan's news trainer.

Benitez's appointed was announced via twitter by Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

"Rafa Benitez is the new coach of Napoli. A man of great international experience. A leader," he said on twitter.

The Spaniard's appointment was also confirmed on the club's website, with the club confirming signing an agreement with him in London on Monday.

Benitez who has once coached Inter Milan takes over at Napoli having won the 2013 Europa League with Chelsea.

http://www.nisotpost.com/2013/05/28/sports/benitez-appointed-napoli-coach/

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 12:53am On May 28, 2013
He is a good manager and could have brought the much needed stability to Chelsea if he was not hated so much by the fans. At least he gets a good club in the champions league.

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by rozayx5(m): 9:55am On May 28, 2013
cool
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ebamma(m): 9:57am On May 28, 2013
Italian league ain't good for him, he should learn from his inter milan nightmare
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by raytony: 9:59am On May 28, 2013
At least he left that Agbero club with his head held high. Useless bunch of fans.

21 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ifylord: 10:00am On May 28, 2013
He deserve it cus. He proved himself as a good manager by wining trophy and qualifing chelsea for next season's champions league. I personally wish him well. No sentiment.... .

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 10:00am On May 28, 2013
raytony: At least he left that Agbero club with his head held high. Useless bunch of fans.

gunner?

5 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by IykeD(m): 10:09am On May 28, 2013
Oh my coach, i know he will go places. Chelsea don't know what they have lost due to their stupidity. He won a a trophy in his short spell, stabilized the team into playing good game [s]and probably retired the old man at old trafford[/s]. What did the man who is replacing him win?
Liverpool is still his destination, he just needs to be engaged, when Rodgers is done with his gambling, he will take over, hopefully at the end of next season.

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by LEvuls(m): 10:09am On May 28, 2013
berra mek him go continue his Secretarial work for NaPOLY -thenics...not in my dear CF

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by omaigala(m): 10:22am On May 28, 2013
I don't know why I don't like that man, maybe because he talks a lot.

Once said negative things about Chelsea that he ended up coaching.

Maybe because he doesn't know how to bring out the best in players.

To me, he's just average.

I hope won't fail as he did at intermilan.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 10:27am On May 28, 2013
One thing is for sure. . Benitez has soo much experience as a coach. He wil surely lead Napoli to the Top with his so-called Rotation policy. .
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by condralbede(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2013
both d owner of CFC and the fans are bunch of confused ppl....rafa best of luck in your new club.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Summersland(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2013
He try 4 chelsea shaaa,1 luv notin do u
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 10:38am On May 28, 2013
condralbede: both d owner of CFC and the fans are bunch of confused ppl....rafa best of luck in your club.
you are the big fool here for not understanding the meaning of an "Interim Manager" olodo!

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by johnstar(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2013
Ok, abeg nxt news please, ow va hv we gone abt JM, I heard he ws spotted in Wembley stadium smiley, nd I guess he strolled dwn 2 stamford bridge 2 pip mayb benitez is stil der cheesy grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ZUBY77(m): 10:40am On May 28, 2013
IykeD: Oh my coach, i know he will go places. Chelsea don't know what they have lost due to their stupidity. He won a a trophy in his short spell, stabilized the team into playing good game [s]and probably retired the old man at old trafford[/s]. What did the man who is replacing him win?
Liverpool is still his destination, he just needs to be engaged, when Rodgers is done with his gambling, he will take over, hopefully at the end of next season.

How could a man who came 3rd retire a man who came first?
Why is comprehension so difficult for you Chelsea fans. No wonder people refer to you people as agberos

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by condralbede(m): 10:48am On May 28, 2013
young-dude:
you are the big fool here for not understanding the meaning of an "Interim Manager" olodo!
your papa is the biggest olodo ever known,go and check d guinness book of record and see what he has done as d olodo,akwuya.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 10:53am On May 28, 2013
condralbede: your papa is the biggest olodo ever known,go and check d guinness book of record and see what he has done as d olodo,akwuya.
Skip!
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by condralbede(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2013
young-dude:
Skip!
formatted
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 11:06am On May 28, 2013
condralbede: formatted
lols
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ojofu(m): 11:09am On May 28, 2013
One thing i noticed about this man is that anytime he leaves a club that club always struggle, liverpool and inter comes to mind. So chelsea should beware while Napoli should start preparing for his exit.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Nobody: 11:19am On May 28, 2013
ojofu: One thing i noticed about this man is that anytime he leaves a club that club always struggle, liverpool and inter comes to mind. So chelsea should beware while Napoli should start preparing for his exit.
we are not like liverpool nor inter milan. Mourinho too is an experienc coach that can handle all that

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Temismith(f): 11:22am On May 28, 2013
Noted.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by mrofficial(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2013
Can't wait to see Mourinho back at Chelsea. smiley. Haters gon' hate tho. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by bestower: 11:26am On May 28, 2013
Benitez is a good coach no doubt about but he is not meant to coach chelsea he had once anger d chelsea fans when he was wit liverpool,i wish him well at napoli.
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ichommy(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2013
Congratulation
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Dygeasy(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2013
condralbede: your papa is the biggest olodo ever known,go and check d guinness book of record and see what he has done as d olodo,akwuya.
the guy was right tho!

You have no reason to vex. You're an 'olodo'.

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by ony073: 11:57am On May 28, 2013
Benitez is a good coach,notin more. He won d laliga title twice and uefa cup once with valencia, won d champs league and FA cup with liverpool,won d world club championship with inter and nw europa cup with chelshit. with all dis Cv's,personally 2 me,he is a above average coach cool
Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by boron10(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2013
raytony: At least he left that Agbero club with his head held high. Useless bunch of fans.
What do you mean with his head held high? Someone who could not defeat swansea over two legs in Capital one cup? Or someone who was unable to win the world club cup?

Let's be realistic, what he did at Chelsea is what any other manager could have done given the arrays of talents in Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by LEvuls(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2013
All these ppl crediting him..my question is for the past 10yrs hv CFC end any season without a trophy?
And who will hv Oscar,Hazard & Mata without a trophy?
For me he was just a Secretary at the club.

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by Plutarch: 12:04pm On May 28, 2013

Dont you think that you sound like the real "Agbero" for making this statement without any reason or provocationundecided?
Proudly blue blooded grin

3 Likes

Re: Rafa Benitez Appointed Napoli Manager by DobleO7: 12:07pm On May 28, 2013
I wonder why some fans are so angry about Benitez serving his term as an interim manager at Chelsea. Before he took up the job, he was informed about terms of reference and he accepted. "Everyone has the right to remain remain silent cos anything you say could be used against you in the court of law", does this sound familiar?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inter Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) Wednesday 16th September / Man Utd(1) Vs Liverpool(4) On Saturday 14th March / West Ham Vs Arsenal [ 2 - 2] Sunday 25th October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.