Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! (6539 Views)

INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election / MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved contracts for the construction of the terminal building, control tower and power house at the Bayelsa Airport in Yenagoa, the state capital for the sum of N13.912 billion.

According to the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, “Bayelsa state as an oil producing state is a major hub in the country and needs an airport to serve the needs of the people.”

The airport, he further explained is expected to enhance the movement of people and goods in the region.

The oil producing Bayelsa State, is President Goodluck Jonathan’s state of origin.

NEMA’s N3.4billion air ambulance

The council also at Wednesday’s meeting approved the purchase of one air ambulance jet with medical evacuation configuration for the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) for immediate medical assistance and evacuation of people whenever disaster strikes in any part of the country.

The director general of the agency Mr Mohammed Sidi who briefed state house correspondents after the meeting said the aircraft will cost $23 million (N3, 450 000 000).

According to him, the approval follows a memo by the President to the effect that the recent increase in natural and human induced disasters across the country exacerbated the loss of lives due to poor immediate emergency services.

The council meeting was presided over by Vice-President Namadi Sambo in the absence of President Goodluck Jonathan who is attending the D-8 summit in Islamabad, Pakistan.

The council also passed the framework for an integrated infrastructure development plan for Nigeria and also approved the setting up of an advisory council for the Ministry of Niger Delta to co-ordinate the activities of all agencies that have anything to do in the Niger delta

The road sector got once again attracted plenty of attention with contracts awarded for the Okene-Benin, Abuja-Lokoja and the Kano-Maiduguri expressway.

The Minister of Works, Mr Mike Onolememen, explained that the federal government will take advantage of the dry season to execute the road projects.

The council also commiserated with President Jonathan on the death of his younger brother and prayed to God to give the First Family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by koruji(m): 2:02am On Nov 22, 2012
Instead of educating his people and lifting them out of poverty GEJ busy thinking of an edifice that will be named after him in the future.
What am I even blabbing about?
N13.9 billion that will disappear into thin air.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by taharqa: 3:29am On Nov 22, 2012
koruji: Instead of educating his people and lifting them out of poverty GEJ busy thinking of an edifice that will be named after him in the future.
What am I even blabbing about?
N13.9 billion that will disappear into thin air.
Why dont you do keep ya Mouth Shut my frnd...u must nt comment on every thread u know

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by koruji(m): 4:02am On Nov 22, 2012
You don't understand the lessons of history, do you?

Lagos-Ibadan road has been constructed 10 times over already.
Benin-Ore road needs a second round of tears from Diezani
Enugu International Airport that GEJ "commissioned" is still a dirt-field.
How is the dredging of that River Niger coming now?

When someone is supposed to be a President, promises heaven and earth, and fails to deliver - the thing to do in sane environments is to take him to task.
Not Nigerians - foremost because of the chronic cronyism, tribalism and religion, but also because of a fear of "rocking" the boat - I don't know which boat you are afraid to rock - the one filled with maggots and pecking birds?

The man at inauguration says: "assess me in one year". After one year, he says Boko Haram disrupted my plans for governance - you would think he was doing anything about Boko Haram or that Boko Haram followed him to his various Jamboree trips around the world - collecting undeserved estacodes. Now he says "I will surprise Nigerians in 2013".
In 2013 he will say,...

All we hear about is the allocation, where is the delivered work - please show me.

Being president of a nation is not about the "person of the president", it is about the "people of the nation".
If you can't do what the people need, you need to move on instead of trying to hoodwink all of us.

As I once said before, the Old Yoruba Empire was better run than 20th century Nigeria, if only for one thing.
...When a ruler of old Oyo becomes an albatross on the neck of the people they will get together and send him a calabash - he knows what to do afterwards.
...Only when this check and balance was broken or misused did the empire begin to decline.
...The rot in Nigeria certainly did not start with GEJ, but he has taken it to the height of shame.
...At least OBJ will call thieves out to their face.
...GEJ will instead smile while thieves swarm all over Abuja.
...Foolishly, the man has, because of the fear of Boko Haram, given up the levers of power to those that really, really hate him.
...Is his government talking to Boko Haram as he made us believe for months, or it is not as he recently said on his so-called chat? - how can you stomach such nonsense.
...The real Boko Haram has achieved its objective, GEJ is virtually a captive to the forces that never wanted him there in the first place.
...I could go on and on, but what's the use.
taharqa: Why dont you do keep ya Mouth Shut my frnd...u must nt comment on every thread u know

20 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by dayokanu(m): 4:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Retardeen at it again, He already promised airport in each state

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Johndoe100(m): 5:00am On Nov 22, 2012
dayokanu: Retardeen at it again, He already promised airport in each state

Then why are you Neanderthals complaining when he does what he promises.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by koruji(m): 5:53am On Nov 22, 2012
That's the problem.
He promises and promises again.
I don't know where you saw "does what he promises" in all of these.
All he has done is allocate money, like many things, but where are those things now - simply another promise.
When can we expect this airport to be finished?
They are awarding contracts on money they don't have, since they have no way of knowing how much money is coming into the nation and being spent at any time T.

Remember how GEJ immediately after inauguration allocated money for 4 or so universities, including one in Otuoke.
I would like to know the stage of work on those universities now.
The last I heard was GEJ complaining of how there were no funds available for the universities because of some issues at the CBN.

Johndoe100:
Then why are you Neanderthals complaining when he does what he promises.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by otokx(m): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2012
This is actually very shameful, that money would have been better used on the never ending east - west road.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Twy: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2012
Why don't they just build an airfield where small planes from Port Harcourt or Asaba can land. The oil/gas industry already contracts a lot of these type of planes and helicopters so I don't think there is any major inconvenience. You just need a small terminal, lights and barb wire fence.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by k2039: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2012
Goodluck obviously wants to make life easy for himself,easier for him flying in and out of bayelsa either as a ex president if he doesnt win in 2015 or president if he wins in 2015.

Selfishness of the highest order.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by gabng(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2012
instead of spending $23M + local content =N= 903M on an air ambulance jet why not spend $20M for 2 dedicated accident/trauma medical facility in abuja and lagos or calabar(@ $10M/piece) and the balance to buy 4 helicopter air ambulance with the capacity of 4 patients. That way even the common man will benefit. rather than an air ambulance with a capacity of only 2 patients with limited logistical capacity (can only land in an airport). Trust me only the elite will benefit from it. Na europe the patient dey go straight.

What a messed up nation NIGERIA is

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by tarryT(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2012
koruji: You don't understand the lessons of history, do you?

When someone is supposed to be a President, promises heaven and earth, and fails to deliver - the thing to do in sane environments is to take him to task.
Not Nigerians - foremost because of the chronic cronyism, tribalism and religion, but also because of a fear of "rocking" the boat - I don't know which boat you are afraid to rock - the one filled with maggots and pecking birds?

The man at inauguration says: "assess me in one year". After one year, he says Boko Haram disrupted my plans for governance - you would think he was doing anything about Boko Haram or that Boko Haram followed him to his various Jamboree trips around the world - collecting undeserved estacodes. Now he says "I will surprise Nigerians in 2013".
In 2013 he will say,...

All we hear about is the allocation, where is the delivered work - please show me.

Being president of a nation is not about the "person of the president", it is about the "people of the nation".
If you can't do what the people need, you need to move on instead of trying to hoodwink all of us.

As I once said before, the Old Yoruba Empire was better run than 20th century Nigeria, if only for one thing.
...When a ruler of old Oyo becomes an albatross on the neck of the people they will get together and send him a calabash - he knows what to do afterwards.
...Only when this check and balance was broken or misused did the empire begin to decline.
...The rot in Nigeria certainly did not start with GEJ, but he has taken it to the height of shame.
...Foolishly, the man has, because of the fear of Boko Haram, given up the levers of power to those that really, really hate him.
...Is his government talking to Boko Haram as he made us believe for months, or it is not as he recently said on his so-called chat? - how can you stomach such nonsense.
...The real Boko Haram has achieved its objective, GEJ is virtually a captive to the forces that never wanted him there in the first place.
Go on, keep blabbing. What else can your diarrhea mouth offer? When the flood cut off the two road access to Bayelsa and people were stranded, i guess you were dancing azonto. FEC approves an airport, you are having seizure.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Demdem(m): 9:59am On Nov 22, 2012
Waste of funds. Bayelsa doesn't need its own airport. Neighbouring states like rivers, delta, imo already has and also air strips.
Retardeen just being foolish.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by tarryT(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2012
Demdem and Dayokanu, the two foooolish sons of Retardeen. Must you foools announce ur surname on every tread?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by kunlekunle: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2012
think of running cost,
its gonna be a white elephant project.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2012
tarryT: Demdem and Dayokanu, the two foooolish sons of Retardeen. Must you foools announce ur surname on every tread?

Retardeen arsSe sucker, is this the issue for discussion here. U are dumb.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Bro jona pamit me to say dat u got it wrong dis tym. U shd hav taken dat project to Aba cause we all knows dat Aba feeds n cloths dis harlot called nigeria .Get ur economic experts busy encourage d locals at aba n turn nigeria to schalke in germany. Quote me na me talk am i don visit places 4 dis world i knw wetin i yarn.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by aglomar: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2012
When there is 1 in PH nearby
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by tarryT(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2012
Demdem:

Demdem the 1st son of Retardeen,. What has annoucing ur surname got to do with the topic? How many siblings to u have on NL? Retarded Retardeen children.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by dounleedee: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2012
Priorities, priorities….…and Nigeria continues the match to oblivion.
Did anybody hear NASS talk about oversight functions on these contracts before they become albatross of corruption? Hell no, they will only start their show of shame when the principal officers are not able to deliver NASS’ share of egunje on these contracts.
By the way, government decided to buy an air ambulance after the aftermath of the recent floods?
Really? How will states like Kogi, Bayelsa, Delta etc had benefitted from the use of such an aircraft without any standard airstrip? Hmmm………what about the numerous aircrafts in the presidency’s fleet? What are they used for in times of national emergency? Guess the president will soon join the creed of Nigerians with private jets hence the need for an airstrip in Bayelsa.
Meaningless contracts upon meaningless contracts, and you wouldn’t hear the likes of Ngozi, Sanusi, etc talking about fiscal discipline at these bogus meaningless contracts.
Priorities, priorities…..and Nigeria continues the match to oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Demdem(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2012
tarryT: Demdem the 1st son of Retardeen,. What has annoucing ur surname got to do with the topic? How many siblings to u have on NL? Retarded Retardeen children.
Demdem:

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by donotbanme1: 10:34am On Nov 22, 2012

I dont really know what is wrong with that man and talkativeness. He does nothing.

He recently told FERMA to fix the roads for Christmas. Which means GEJ knows Nigerian roads are unmotorable. So without Christmas, people shouldnt travel Doing a rushed job under one month doesnt amount to fixing roads.

Wetin be this man problem sef
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by OneDemola: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2012
koruji: You don't understand the lessons of history, do you?

In 2013 he will say,...

This Is The Post of 2012

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by tarryT(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2012
Demdem:

1st son of Retardeen,.be proud of ur identity.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by wengerjay(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2012
Corruption has become a cankerworm dat has eaten to the deepest of our nation's fabric.Imagine,hw many times do they want to award the construction of ABUJA-LOKOJA ROAD?I weep for this nation,people die in their thousands everyday as a result of flood,boko haram menace,plane crashes,road mishaps,collapsed buildings while some heartless individuals are in Abuja capitalising on these problems to siphon us of our money/resources.May God rescue us from d claws of these tyrants who called themselves our leaders or representatives.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by drnoel: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2012
taharqa: Why dont you do keep ya Mouth Shut my frnd...u must nt comment on every thread u know
What are u saying pls leave him alone let him talk...beside I don't fully disagree with him
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Dejiro(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2012
CFCfan: The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved contracts for the construction of the terminal building, control tower and power house at the Bayelsa Airport in Yenagoa, the state capital for the sum of N13.912 billion.

The road sector got once again attracted plenty of attention with contracts awarded for the Okene-Benin, Abuja-Lokoja and the Kano-Maiduguri expressway.

Abuja-Lokoja again? The road was once awarded with contract divided among some companies. Can anybody help us with facts if you are able to confirm this?
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2012
[size=14pt]and you wonder why everyone wants a state? the distance between portharcourt and yenagoa is roughly 128km, that's about an hours drive!! yet the fish man thinks a new airport solves the country's problems?[/size] angry angry

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2012
[size=14pt]in 2006, obasanjo awarded the contract for the construction of kano-maiduguri road at the cost of 50bn naira to dantata and sawoe

in 2007, obasanjo awarded the contract for the construction of abuja-lokoja road at the cost of 42.3bn naira to rcc nig ltd,dantata and sawoe and bulletin & gilto!!

so why are they still awarding this contracts in 2012?[/size]

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by otokx(m): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2012
torkaka: [size=14pt]in 2006, obasanjo awarded the contract for the construction of kano-maiduguri road at the cost of 50bn naira to dantata and sawoe

in 2007, obasanjo awarded the contract for the construction of abuja-lokoja road at the cost of 42.3bn naira to rcc nig ltd,dantata and sawoe and bulletin & gilto!!

so why are they still awarding this contracts in 2012?[/size]

Christmas is near so the money has to be shared.
Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by billante(m): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
Some corrections and clarifications to die hard critics!

Nigeria needs airport in every state,some state even needs two like lagos! The population is there to make use of all those aiports...if nigeria hav large and low cost airlines dat charges at most 6000 naira for an hour flight like in other countries PH airport will be overwhelmed.
The economy activities which will drive this believe me is creeping up everyday... lots of investments and companies are being set up as I speak which you may not know....

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N13.9billion Contract For Bayelsa Airport! by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
noted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Officially Declares Intention To Contest For 2019 Presidency / I Didnt Believe My Eyes Seeing This Post From Nta / 2020 Peace Achievers Awards Honour Gov. AA Sule, Ganduje, Malami, Manir, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.