Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air (15332 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by thelastPope(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
NL and hypocrisy! How many of you posting here are 100% happy at the office? How many of you here will walk up to your boss right now and tell him off? But you want someone in punch of channels of somewhere else to just go right now and resign! How brilliant! And you call it heroic. It is funny that such things are heroic when someone else does it but none of you posting here will be ready to do such "heroic" stuff. Humans are so self centered and hypocritical, especially on social media! Smh!

1 Like

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by naptu2: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Keith Lane! Yes, that's his name. Keith Lane of Cool FM Lagos had the on air rant and disappeared from the airwaves only to return briefly about 7 years later.

There was also the Deji Gbadamosi case, but that wasn't live on air.

https://www.nairaland.com/1028954/deji-bademosi-quits-channels-tv
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Mustay(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
naptu2: Keith Lane! Yes, that's his name. Keith Lane of Cool FM Lagos had the on air rant and disappeared from the airwaves only to return briefly about 7 years later.

Please trigger my memory, what show did/does he present? Newscaster?
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by naptu2: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mustay:

Please trigger my memory, what show did/does he present? Newscaster?

His show was aired in the afternoons (1999- circa 2002 when he had the on air rant). His was the first voice I heard on Cool FM. He pioneered the Radio Graffiti segment. This was when Mark Silvere (sp) did the breakfast show.

He said the management planned to carry out an appraisal system whereby the staff would gather and listen to tapes of their performance on air and appraise themselves. He wasn't happy with that and said so during his call in show. He didn't host the show the next day and I didn't hear him on air until Dan Foster left the station.

He came back after Dan left, but listeners kept comparing him to Dan (they preferred Dan). His return was short lived.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by ogonogo: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
Fox News Anchors? Lol, misleading title.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Mustay(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks @naptu2 I have further reconciled here
https://www.nairaland.com/173303/after-olisa-dan-foster-leaves/2

Well, there were so 'many' reasons he left cool
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by KokoBeware: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
i think its very wrong and unethical.. they should be sued or something.. they were not paid to give thier personal views or opinions ON AIR.....
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by realsammie(m): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
so how this one take affect me
meeetcheeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by ireke(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Khayordhe: I still dey wait 4 d tym wey such scene go happen 4 naija
e don happen before but e don tey. It was during elections (circa 1982). I think it was on a state owned TV station (abi na radio nigeria self). The man decided to quit rather than read the lies that was given to him as news.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by gbadexy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
They learnt from our own deji bafmus of channels TV.
He resigned citing something similar so you don't need to wonder anymore if it can happen in nigeria, it already happened here first.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by vandarsar(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
lol.... Nigerians are not quitters, our pastors and imams said quitters can't buy private jets for their pastors and Imams!

bright007: ...they resigned?..wow..this act should be emulated by persons like Farook Lawan,GEJ,and most nigerian politicians
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by saintuti: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
What!
This is immoral nd wrong
Please let's stop celebrating irresponsibility
What were they thinking?maybe they felt they were acting a movie
How can u use your employers' time 2 bring such embarassement on them
This is completely CHILDISH,RUDE nd UNPROFESSIONAL!
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 23, 2012
Probably they are fed up of living in fox holes!
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2012
That a good move by the two, quitting with style
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by badesco(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2012
Gives us the link so we can read more....

crusufixo: Tuk about resigning with style !!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is unethical and unnecessary. I expect they'll be in serious legal hot water...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Are Doing Now Vs What You Would Have Loved To Do. / How Can I Advance In My Career In The Banking Industry With A Biochem Degree? / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.