Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

$7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia (6772 Views)

Police Smash Interstate Car-snatching Syndicate In Lagos (Photo) / Fetish 419 Syndicate In Ibadan Arrested By Police (Photos) / Police Bust Human Parts Syndicate In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by talk2cj08(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2012
Malaysian narcotics agents have foiled a Nigerian syndicate's bid to smuggle cocaine worth US$7.1 million hidden in coconut milk cans, a top police official said.

“International drug syndicates especially those led by Nigerian nationals have been found to be active in smuggling various types of drugs,’’ Noor Rashid Ibrahim, narcotics criminal investigation director said in a statement, AFP reports.

Acting on a tip-off from the United States Drug Enforcement Administration, authorities found the drugs in a container at Port Klang, he said. It had arrived on a ship from Guyana last Monday.
Noor Rashid said the liquid drugs seized could produce about 76 kilos of cocaine when processed.

The seized container was filled with 980 cartons of cans containing coconut milk and pineapple cubes, he said.
Noor Rashid said upon investigation by the chemistry department, 16 cartons comprising 384 cans of coconut milk were found to be filled with drugs to avoid detection.

In Malaysia, the death penalty is mandatory for convicted drug traffickers.
No arrest was made but Noor Rashid said the drugs were bound for Mozambique via South Africa on another ship.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=28006&icid=4&d_str=
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2012
Money don't sleep so they can't rest

2 Likes

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by talk2cj08(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2012
Make money or die trying

1 Like

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Donjinks(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerians with technicality abt drug trafficking, the other time nw it was heroine in a wine
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Yuzarsif(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2012
Shamefull tnz always hpn wit nigerians
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Saintsquare(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerian in Malaysian are not smiling.
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Saintsquare(m): 9:52am On Nov 22, 2012
Anyway,that's a large sum of $$$,its a big blow to owner sha. grin grin grin
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by temi35: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2012
they are just black labeling our Great Nation
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by OME1(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2012
Chose money over their lives ..too bad
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by jpphilips(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2012
temi35: they are just black labeling our Great Nation

the ship didn't originate from naija neither is it Naija bound, no arrests were made, how the heck did they know the consignee was Naija?
abi malasians cannot use naija alias?

8 Likes

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by donotbanme1: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2012
Very badt guys. Only 16 out of 980 cartons contained the real consignment. Without a tip off, they would pull through.
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by poweredcom(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2012
Get rich or die trying
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by aglomar: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2012
haba
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by larride(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2012
No arrest was made and we conclude that its our Nigerian brother's that did this. Malaysians can use Nigerian alibi. I thought it was a case where a Nigerian was caught. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by feekman(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2012
If u have $7.1m how will u liv?cheesy
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Born2beRich1(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Abi Malasia don dey use naija name dey lie now becos they know say our government no go do anything..... embarassed
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by slap1(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2012
They couldn't stay broke, so they broke the law.
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by speeder(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Money don't sleep so they can't rest
weezy FAN right?
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by tonym1(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2012
PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO WORK NOWADAYS AND ARE LOOKING FOR FAST MONEY
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by TableLeg(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
malaysia ... Another hub of criminal activities with Nigerians overseeing things
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Chedarking: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
I wonder why these Nigerian's refuse to learn from the Colombians...

USE A F**KING SUBMARINE!!!

1 Like

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by 360command: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerians are doing it big in smuggling cokaine..
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by 360command: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chedarking: I wonder why these Nigerian's refuse to learn from the Colombians...

USE A F**KING SUBMARINE!!!

what learning do we have to get from the colombians.. I do not think we need to learn from the colombians but we need to learn from the mexicans. afterall, the colombians gives their shipment to the mexicans to smuggle through.. its a bad decision to learn from the colombians.

1 Like

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by RudySmith(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^^^ LWKMD! Colombians perfected the art of drug smuggling before the Mexicans took over their dirty business.

The tip off probably came from the same guy who was shipping $100Million worth of drug in another container, on the same ship. The custom officers were busy dealing with this distraction.
The drug was bound for Mozambique, why r they talking about Nigerian drug syndicate in Malaysia, I don't get it?

do not ban me:
Very badt guys. Only 16 out of 980 cartons contained the real consignment. Without a tip off, they would pull through.

It's the other way around, only 16 out of the 980 cartons contained the drug.

1 Like

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by 360command: 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
RudySmith: ^^^^ LWKMD! Colombians perfected the art of drug smuggling before the Mexicans took over their dirty business.

yes they did .. but they are suckers now....
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
tony_m1: PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO WORK NOWADAYS AND ARE LOOKING FOR FAST MONEY
you sound as if there is job for our youths and dey don't want to work. I know of a girl that graduated from Manchester university 1st class, I repeat 1st class. Not Nigerian university where you can cheat your way to get even 2:1. I Thought by now the girl companies will be looking for her here and there. 2years now the girl hasn't gotten any job. Studied computer science. I know her personally as a very very intelligent girl. So I begin to wonder what will ordinary Naija 2:1 and 2:2 will do? Haven't you heard the latest now from our international airports where Nigerian students are now carrying dollars to abroad for politicians in other to make money. So my brother do we still have Government?if you love your life create job for yourself.(entrepreneur). Duo governments and their tax will fustrate you. But we still have to be strong. I have also noticed people are no longer doing wedding like before when events places used to boom every weekends, how can people marry when dey are jobless and not financially stable. Even bankers earning 60k and 80k, tell me how that will be enough to take care of you and your wife. Then if you now have kids that's double wahala. Few people that are doing business selling shoes cloths and all sort of things, is it not people that have job and money will patronize them. You go to offices you see old men here and there nobody wants to retire for the young ones to take over. If all dis politicians will invest all dis their loot in their states so that people will have something doing, who will complain again. Instead their children use it to buy cocaine and party all day. Nigerian youths are very patient people to my own personal opinion. If its tunisia, south Africa, Morocco, Egypt libya, Greece, Spain so many people would have been dead by now.

7 Likes

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by RudySmith(m): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
360command: yes they did .. but they are suckers now....

Open ur mind instead of focusing on the small picture. R coca leaves grown in Mexico? NO, so just because the owner of the business decided that he didn't want to carry sh.it any longer, does not make him a sucker. After many yrs of carrying sh.it, Colombians decided 2 pass on the dirty duty to the Mexicans, and instead make the real money stress and worry free.
The real genius is the Colombian on top with his hands as clean as a baby's bottom.
Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Originalsly: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
The US Drug Enforcement Agency were the ones tracking the shipment all the way. Why tip off the Malyasians?... because they don't play when it coms to drugs. Why ship to Mozambique? Most likely there is a facility in Mozambique to covert the liquid cocaine into powder form. Source of cocaine?.... Columbia. This reminds me of the guy who tried to send cocaine packed in roasted chicken from Brazil to Nigeria....that was suspicious and so is this....coconut milk from Guyana to Mozambique?

1 Like

Re: $7.1m Worth Of Cocaine Seized From Nigerian Syndicate In Malaysia by Irugboo(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Are they 9ja cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo / Oyenusi Smiles To His Death...see His Pictures... / BREAKING!!! Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 30 Persons In Ebonyi State (graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.