Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

What Happened To The Nigerian Dream (by Mike Ogah ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The Nigerian Dream (by Mike Ogah ) (507 Views)

Olisa Metuh Prepares Pdp’s Final Burial ? – By Mike Ikem Umealo / Interview Of Loius Farrakhan By Mike Wallace In 2000 / My Candidature Will Bring Victory For Abia PDP – Dr Uche Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Nigerian Dream (by Mike Ogah ) by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2012
The last time I posted something on Nairaland, I had people coming up to say I culled it from God knows where and that ***** they used one grammar I can't remember and will not bother checking it up. Well, I did not write this one, the writer would probably be on Nairaland so is going to see his write-up here, but what the heck, with his due permission, I am posting it here.

Reading it this morning was an eye opener for me and I dare say that every single word that flows from his pen was divinely inspired and it will be my joy if this post makes front page. The problem is I don't really know which of the section to post it so I'm risking it here.

My dearest Moderators, do justice to it please, and in order to clear people's doubt, I will include the name of the writer.

Thanks....

The ban of "Okada's" in Lagos, has made life somewhat unbearable for the average citizen. Transportation cost is at its highest, Keke Napeps are barely even enough to mitigate the harshness and it just seems like everybody is out to exploit everybody.

I don't really get why restaurants are pricey, charging nearly 1500 for a meal (that includes fried chicken with salad and a coke). I particularly was surprised when TFC(Tasty Fried Chicken) offered me the same meal for 690 or there about.

Clothes are cheaper in Lag, its easier to start a pure water business there ( due to traffic), other than that, I don't see why people think Abuja is more expensive.

I came to see the Fashola that people have been praising and I realized his second term in office has been more of autocratic than democratic. No street lights, it seems when ur talking about Lagos you're only referring to V.I, Lekki, Ikoyi, Ikeja and dts it! Ok, maybe a few other places. Still, it appears the gap is widening between the poor and the rich(no middle class).

And why don't we have shelter homes in this country ( I'm not talking about motherless babies home), I'm talking about places where people go to pass the night if they've got no where to go at dusk, you know, like the one in In Pursuit of Happiness, Good Deeds etc.

Why don't we love ourselves in this country! Why should a states man drive pass a woman who's got elephantities(dts how I hear it called) begging on the street with crutches and not feel the need to do something about it. The rich would rather scuffle 500naira notes to the poor than teach them how to fish.

Its such a pathetic people we all have become, we need to start refining our minds and stop trying to run away to where we would were big jackets and say "Omoh! see snow". I'm not saying its bad to travel, but atleast bare in mind when you are well settled that people need help here too and do something about it.

All these our graduates, musicians, are busy buying big houses and talking flashy instead of remembering how they came from nothing to something and giving back to society. We're not compassionate people it appears.

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE WORLD? When we start thinking like dt, I believe we'd work to get the money to aide us change the world and not thinking " I WANT TO MAKE MONEY! One is selfless and the other is selfish.

BY

Mike Ogah
(Don't hate me, was just pissed for a while.)

(1) (Reply)

Plane Crash: Suntai Aides Return / 2015: Jonathan, OBJ Go To War Over Bot Chair / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.