Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (3444 Views)

E-topup.com.ng Just Closed My Account For His Own Bad Customer Service. / My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: . by Slyr0x: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Why not try and improve on your services (Recharge Card Sales) instead of diversifying into something else.

One thing I've learnt is: You don't have to capture all the markets. Just specialize in ONE THING and be good at whatever you do.

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: . by yamakuza: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
yeah, i would also like to hear his experience(s) about the recharge card business.

i tried buying one night like that, after midnight, and nothing was available.

i wondered why ...

1 Like

Re: . by Slyr0x: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
yamakuza: yeah, i would also like to hear his experience(s) about the recharge card business.

i tried buying one night like that, after midnight, and nothing was available.

i wondered why ...

They have a whole lotta re-structuring to do.

I'ld rather we discuss this in private wink wink
Re: . by rufaai(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
Like Seriously? This wont get you anywhere, trust me you need to FOCUS like slyrox mentioned.

Sounds funny and amateur for e-toup to be selling webhosting.
Re: . by yamakuza: 1:43am On Nov 23, 2012
Slyr0x:

They have a whole lotta re-structuring to do.

I'ld rather we discuss this in private wink wink

okey-dokey !
Re: . by DualCore1: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2012
Hmmmm, some nice points have been raised. The main reason I am not a follower of the per month billing concept is because domains have a minimum reg period of 1 year, it can get really confusing for customers and billing. Life can be easier than that.

If the webhosting system on etopup is automated then I commend the programming. I write scripts to automate some things in cPanel and the API wasn't friendly when I first used it.

For Yamakuza's complaint, I have the same complaint too. On e-topup:
1. One cannot know what vouchers are in stock
2. Very few vouchers are in stock

Those two issues are a problem for me because in a month I buy about 8,000 worth of etisalat credit twice. It will be a nightmare for me to fund my etopup wallet with 8k and can end up stuck after buying 2k or 3k cuz the stock has finished.

Well speaking purely from a consumer point of view, Yamakuza you can try onlinevouchersng.com. I built that site for a client but I am not responsible for any textual content on it, he has full control over it. One thing the guy never lacks is vouchers in stock and its quite surprising because it takes a lot of money to stock recharge cards. You can check out the stock here https://www.onlinevouchersng.com/?action=vouchers .

E-topup, if you are considering revamping things please consider these things:
1. Ensure you have enough stock at all times (this may be the hardest part as it requires major capital)

2. Please let us know all the vouchers in stock and the quantity. (see this for reference to your developers: https://www.onlinevouchersng.com/?action=vouchers)

3. Make your main site simple and consistent. Anytime I login I have to spend a few seconds locating the Buy Recharge link because there are just too mnay things here and there and like me I think many people's main intent is to buy your vouchers so please make that stand out.

4. For the webhosting, remove domain registration entirely and let your customers get their domain from anywhere. You can focus on selling hosting plans alone and make the order process very simple. This is if you really want to add webhosting to your services, as some have said it detracts from the theme of your site but its your call. If it must be done, do it right. Webhosting is not as rosy as it looks and I hope you have a different team for tech support cuz when the rainy days come and you have to channel tech support to your servers... you'll hardly have time for anything else including your main niche (vouchers).
Re: . by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: . by webcityng: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: . by Slyr0x: 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
ActiveMan: [/b]

[b]Well, we are trying to maximize our potentials having over 2000 members in just 6month makes us feel that we need to add more services for our old and new members,

This is where you've missed it.

What you should look for is how to keep those 2000members and NOT import some webhosting services.

Try starting a "Lodge Your E-topUp Complaint thread" and you'll understand what we are all talking about.

There was a time I got frustrated with e-topup's support and I had to try one of the sites below. You know what surprised me? I bought from more than 3 of the sites and NO COMMISSION WAS DEDUCTED (meaning I bought #1000 card and only #1000 was deducted from my account without no extra charges unlike etopup)

These are your competitors. Improve on the services rendered and you'll top this list.

www.rechargenigeria.com
www.prepaidnigeria.com
www.web2smspro.com
www.smslive247.com
www.dcltelecom.com
www.websoft.com.ng
www.prepaidng.com
www.discomtel.com
www.fortuneisland.com
www.allscratchcards.com
www.scratchcardnigeria.com/shop
www.peaceglobalshop.peaceglobal.net
www.topupnigeria.com
www.reloadng.com
www.rechargespot.com
www.pinreload.com
www.staffmessaging.com
www.aratext.com
www.v2nmobile.com
www.bulksms.bbnplace.com
www.buyrechargecard.com
www.daynat.com
www.c-optionsonline.com
www.mobilerechargeng.com
www.easytopupng.com
www.sms-nexus.com
www.rechargewarehouse.com
www.ticketonmobile.com
www.mcastmessaging.com
www.dudumobile.com
www.visafonerecharge.com
www.cotekit.com
www.smschannelplus.com
www.epinnetwork.com
www.fijiventuresltd.com
www.mobitipsng.com
sms.budzeg.com
www.gvtpayments.co.uk
Re: . by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: . by Slyr0x: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
ActiveMan:
the only time you are charge a fee is when you want to load your wallet with ATM and this charges are PAYMENT PROCESSOR charges

they charge us 1% of the amount we received and they also charge us 1% of withdrawal amount + ₦50.00. making a total of 2%fee + #50, so if we decided to pay the 2%fee + #50 our self do you think it will be profitable sir?

No client wants to know this breakdown.

All we are interested in is the amount that gets deducted.

ActiveMan:

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU DID NOT PAY INTER SWITCH FEE WHEN PAYING WITH YOUR CARD? I DONT BELIEVE THAT (MAYBE DOES PEOPLE ARE CHARITY ORGANISATION)

I can't remember Pinreload deducting commission. .Pls check https://pinreload.com/ and revert.

ActiveMan:
ALSO DID YOU MIND CHECKING THE LINKS YOU POSTED? MUST OF THEM ARE DEAD LINKS.. AND THE ONE ALIVE LOOKS LIKE THEY DONT MAKES SALES YOU CAN CHECK THEIR ALEXA RANKING.

All these sites were in existence before yours and the ONLY reason why some of them are now dead links is 'cos somewhere along the line, they failed to heed Advices like the ones on this thread.

BTW I got the links here http://www.interswitchng.com/#PHONECARD%20/%20MESSAGING . Blame Interswitch for not updating 'em wink
Re: . by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: . by DualCore1: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
I don't see the use for these justifications. These are complaints and advices from among your supposed 2000 customers. Take what you want to take from it and leave what you don't want to take. In time the success or failure of your business depends on the decisions you have taken.

Just note that any screw up in any of these by-the-side services you are embarking on is taking down the whole site's reputation with it. So should you have any unmanaged or uncontrolled downtime on your hosting service be ready to deal with the entire bad reputation your e-topup.com.ng will get irrespective of how well you may be dealing with other services rendered by the site. So your site's reputation is as good as its weakest service.

In my experience, be ready to face all kinds of phishing and fraud site's on your servers. Per month billing is just the juice Akpos (no offense) needs to host his HBL-Banking.com site and he really has little to lose, just 200 Naira... since he will likely be registering the domain somewhere else. One month is enough for Akpos to wreak spamming havoc and make angry people open cases of abuse reports to your server's datacenter which in the long unmanaged run will lead to a server termination... the possibilities are endless. All the best.

I'm not scaring you away, I'm just giving you the heads up you'll never see in any blog write up.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2012
Re: . by yamakuza: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
@DC : thanks for the recommendation. will surely check them out.

@AM : just to add to what others have said: when redesigning, kindly add the option to buy multiple cards at once. if i remember correctly, even though it appeared you had only N100 vouchers in stock that night, i would have had to make 50 different orders to buy say, N5k worth of cards. and thats not even considering the inconvenience of loading them afterwards; or the possibility that the cards might finish on the 39th run, or that i might exhaust my remaining megabytes while ordering ... etc, etc

we'll be watching sha. all the best !
Re: . by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2012
yamakuza: @DC : thanks for the recommendation. will surely check them out.

@AM : just to add to what others have said: when redesigning, kindly add the option to buy multiple cards at once. if i remember correctly, even though it appeared you had only N100 vouchers in stock that night, i would have had to make 50 different orders to buy say, N5k worth of cards. and thats not even considering the inconvenience of loading them afterwards; or the possibility that the cards might finish on the 39th run, or that i might exhaust my remaining megabytes while ordering ... etc, etc

we'll be watching sha. all the best !

Noted sir...

1 Like

Re: . by yomextech: 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
Better Don't waist your money..........

They are big scammer!!!
Re: . by DualCore1: 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
yomextech: Better Don't waist your money..........

They are big scammer!!!
You know you are dealing with humans and not animals here abi? You should just say something and we should follow you like a sheep following shepherd. If you have a case against them, table the case here or meet with them to sort it out.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
Re: . by yomextech: 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
why did you stop replying message and you didn't allow me to withdraw my funds with you?[b][/b] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: . by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
yomextech: why did you stop replying message and you didn't allow me to withdraw my funds with you?[b][/b] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hello sir,
When you make a deposit to your etopup account it is not possible to make a withdrawal, you can only use the fund to buy any of the services we render and is this the reason you are calling us scam? can you also provide me your username because your claim of not answering your mails are 100% FALSE, We reply all mail sent to us usually within 24hours
Re: . by yomextech: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
i didn't requested for withdraw but to buy LR....
My user name is KAYKAYONLINE
Re: . by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: . by yomextech: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
Can i see proof?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
yomextech: Can i see proof?
What sort of a question is that, you need proof before you are been called a thief?

IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN?

angry angry angry

moderator abeg do you job here
Re: . by DualCore1: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
Your response is proof in itself that you are a scammer. If you were not a scammer you will be the one giving proof in the form of screenshots of your bank transaction records that the cards you used were tied to. You should be arrested.
Re: . by Slyr0x: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
yomextech

You will be banned next time you try derailing a thread.
Re: . by Odunnu: 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Dual Core: I don't see the use for these justifications. These are complaints and advices from among your supposed 2000 customers. Take what you want to take from it and leave what you don't want to take. In time the success or failure of your business depends on the decisions you have taken.

Just note that any screw up in any of these by-the-side services you are embarking on is taking down the whole site's reputation with it. So should you have any unmanaged or uncontrolled downtime on your hosting service be ready to deal with the entire bad reputation your e-topup.com.ng will get irrespective of how well you may be dealing with other services rendered by the site. So your site's reputation is as good as its weakest service.

In my experience, be ready to face all kinds of phishing and fraud site's on your servers. Per month billing is just the juice Akpos (no offense) needs to host his HBL-Banking.com site and he really has little to lose, just 200 Naira... since he will likely be registering the domain somewhere else. One month is enough for Akpos to wreak spamming havoc and make angry people open cases of abuse reports to your server's datacenter which in the long unmanaged run will lead to a server termination... the possibilities are endless. All the best.

I'm not scaring you away, I'm just giving you the heads up you'll never see in any blog write up.
I no no say you sabi sontin like this o grin
Re: . by Odunnu: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
One day bush meat go catch the hunter.
Imagine accusation.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: . by DualCore1: 6:26am On Feb 12, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does Squidoo Works / How To Open And Verify A USA Paypal Account With Payoneer Account / Easy way to earn 15-20 dollars daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.