Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet (2124 Views)

"Anti-Islam Film Signals New Campaign Against Islam" / The Campaign Against Islam On Nairaland / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Do you live in the north by any chance?

I am presently living in Denmark. But I am from Kano state. I visit Nigeria regularly. . .I will be going to Nigeria in december and I live in Abuja, Lagos and Kano mostly.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje:

I am presently living in Denmark. But I am from Kano state. I visit Nigeria regularly. . .I will be going to Nigeria in december and I live in Abuja, Lagos and Kano mostly.

Denmark? Guy, you are lucky mennnn!

Anyways, I thought you lived mostly in the north and wanted to ask how you manage living in the north as an unbeliever
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
Lol grin grin keep cherry picking, we also read in your post:

The government used the socio-political
institution known as the millet system,
under which religious and ethnic
minorities were allowed to manage
their own affairs with substantial
independence from central control.
Such religious tolerance resulted in
limited opposition when conquering
other territories and peoples.

The Ottoman legal system accepted
the religious law over its subjects. The
Ottoman Empire was always organized
around a system of local jurisprudence.
Legal administration in the Ottoman
Empire was part of a larger scheme of
balancing central and local
authority.[92] Ottoman power revolved
crucially around the administration of
the rights to land, which gave a space
for the local authority develop the
needs of the local millet.[92] The
jurisdictional complexity of the
Ottoman Empire was aimed to permit
the integration of culturally and
religiously different groups.[92] The
Ottoman system had three court
systems: one for Muslims, one for non-
Muslims, involving appointed Jews and
Christians ruling over their respective
religious communities, and the "trade
court"
. The entire system was
regulated from above by means of the
administrative Kanun, i.e. laws, a
system based upon the Turkic Yasa
and Töre, which were developed in the
pre-Islamic era. The kanun law system,
on the other hand, was the secular law
of the sultan, and dealt with issues not
clearly addressed by the sharia
system.
These court categories were not,
however, wholly exclusive: for
instance, the Islamic courts—which
were the Empire's primary courts—
could also be used to settle a trade
conflict or disputes between litigants
of differing religions, and Jews and
Christians often went to them to obtain
a more forceful ruling on an issue. The
Ottoman state tended not to interfere
with non-Muslim religious law systems,
despite legally having a voice to do so
through local governors.

Under the same portion "logic"boy pasted we read further

Under the millet system, non-Muslim
people were considered subjects of
the Empire, but were not subject to
the Muslim faith or Muslim law. The
Orthodox millet, for instance, was still
officially legally subject to Justinian's
Code, which had been in effect in the
Byzantine Empire for 900 years. Also,
as the largest group of non-Muslim
subjects (or zimmi) of the Islamic
Ottoman state, the Orthodox millet
was granted a number of special
privileges in the fields of politics and
commerce, and had to pay higher
taxes than Muslim subjects.[120],[121]
The Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II allowed
the local Christians to stay in
Constantinople after conquering the
city in 1453, and to retain their
institutions such as the Greek
Orthodox Patriarchate.
In 1461 Sultan Mehmed II established
the Armenian Patriarchate of
Constantinople. Previously, the
Byzantines considered the Armenian
Church as heretical and thus did not
allow them to build churches inside the
walls of Constantinople. In 1492, when
the Muslims and Sephardic Jews were
expelled from Spain during the
Spanish Inquisition, the Ottoman
Sultan Bayezid II sent his fleet under
Kemal Reis to save them and granted
the refugees the right to settle in the
Ottoman Empire.
The state's relationship with the Greek
Orthodox Church was largely peaceful,
and recurrent oppressive measures
taken against the Greek church were a
deviation from generally established
practice. The church's structure was
kept intact and largely left alone but
under close control and scrutiny until
the Greek War of Independence of
1821–1829 and, later in the 19th
century, the rise of the Ottoman
constitutional monarchy, which was
driven to some extent by nationalistic
currents, tried to be balanced with
Ottomanism. Other Orthodox churches,
like the Bulgarian Orthodox Church,
were dissolved and placed under the
jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox
Patriarchate, until Sultan Abdülaziz
established the Bulgarian Exarchate in
1870 and reinstated the autonomy of
the Bulgarian Church.
Similar millets were established for the
Ottoman Jewish community, who were
under the authority of the Haham Başı
or Ottoman Chief Rabbi; the Armenian
Orthodox community, who were under
the authority of a head bishop; and a
number of other

All the above was taken from the wiki page "logic"boy posted, now with the sort of dishonesty from gaytheists sorry atheists where does objectivity start to in this sort of people head, this is why I usually avoid discussing with their type, to have any serious discussion with anyone honesty is very important indeed as it serves the basis for reaching an end game! But could dishonesty be one of the serial traits of an atheists? grin grin grin well that remains to be seen! cheesy.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^^

Vedaxcool thinks he can abrogate islamic bigotry against the Jews and Christians in the Ottoman empire by putting few isntances of peaceful relations in the ottoman empire.

Sorry, this isnt the Quran where violent verses are abrogated with peaceful verses. Real life is different.

Here is the islamic bigotry in the Ottoman empire

[size=14pt]In the Ottoman Empire, in accordance with the Muslim dhimmi system, Christians were guaranteed limited freedoms (such as the right to worship), but were treated as second-class citizens. Christians and Jews were not considered equals to Muslims: testimony against Muslims by Christians and Jews was inadmissible in courts of law. They were forbidden to carry weapons or ride atop horses, their houses could not overlook those of Muslims, and their religious practices would have to defer to those of Muslims, in addition to various other legal limitations

[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Empire#Christianity_and_Judaism
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Denmark? Guy, you are lucky mennnn!

Anyways, I thought you lived mostly in the north and wanted to ask how you manage living in the north as an unbeliever

I have been living in the Scadinavia(Finland and Denmark) for the past 9 years. . . .I visit Nigeria at least 3 times every year. . .I can't even live in my state for more than a week. . .I have family there but I can't stay there for more than a week (thats in Kano). I live mostly in Abuja but we all know that Abuja is completely different.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: ^^^

Vedaxcool thinks he can abrogate islamic bigotry against the Jews and Christians in the Ottoman empire by putting few isntances of peaceful relations in the ottoman empire.

Sorry, this isnt the Quran where violent verses are abrogated with peaceful verses. Real life is different.

Here is the islamic bigotry in the Ottoman empire

[size=14pt]In the Ottoman Empire, in accordance with the Muslim dhimmi system, Christians were guaranteed limited freedoms (such as the right to worship), but were treated as second-class citizens. Christians and Jews were not considered equals to Muslims: testimony against Muslims by Christians and Jews was inadmissible in courts of law. They were forbidden to carry weapons or ride atop horses, their houses could not overlook those of Muslims, and their religious practices would have to defer to those of Muslims, in addition to various other legal limitations

[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Empire#Christianity_and_Judaism

The bottom line is during the ottaman empire muslims were not considered to be equal as non muslims and their rights were limited in many ways. . .
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje:

I have been living in the Scadinavia(Finland and Denmark) for the past 9 years. . . .I visit Nigeria at least 3 times every year. . .I can't even live in my state for more than a week. . .I have family there but I can't stay there for more than a week (thats in Kano). I live mostly in Abuja but we all know that Abuja is completely different.

Seeing that you live in one of my favourite countries (Denmark), I might have to ask you for a favour or two.

1) I might ask you for pictures of nice place in denmark for my blog later on

2) I might also ask for which are the best hotels to stay in Copenhagen if I ever have time to visit. wink
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje:

The bottom line is during the ottaman empire muslims were not considered to be equal as non muslims and their rights were limited in many ways. . .

Gbam. Simple and short
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seeing that you live in one of my favourite countries (Denmark), I might have to ask you for a favour or two.

1) I might ask you for pictures of nice place in denmark for my blog later on

2) I might also ask for which are the best hotels to stay in Copenhagen if I ever have time to visit. wink

No wahala. . .You can send me a private message here on NL when ever you are ready. . .
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje:

No wahala. . .You can send me a private message here on NL when ever you are ready. . .

Cool grin

Were you an atheist before or after going to the West (denmark)?

It was the UK that opened my eyes!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by proo212(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Actually Denmark is falling to Muslim gangs and this is now in the news over there. Logic boy, I'm sure you meant to say the peaceful verses were abrogated by the non peaceful verses.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Lol! grin grin as expected "logic"boy proves that somehow dishonesty is a trait of being an atheist! It is simple, you brought a witness whom you thought proved your points right only for him to explain what limited freedom means, giving minorities full legal sovereignty to live by their customs and religious codes, even the West has not been that charitable , infact they were not even subjected to Islamic rules let restate what was written :
vedaxcool: Lol grin grin keep cherry picking, we also read in your post:

The government used the socio-political
institution known as the millet system,
under which religious and ethnic
minorities were allowed to manage
their own affairs with substantial
independence from central control.
Such religious tolerance resulted in
limited opposition when conquering
other territories and peoples.

The Ottoman legal system accepted
the religious law over its subjects. The
Ottoman Empire was always organized
around a system of local jurisprudence.
Legal administration in the Ottoman
Empire was part of a larger scheme of
balancing central and local
authority.[92] Ottoman power revolved
crucially around the administration of
the rights to land, which gave a space
for the local authority develop the
needs of the local millet.[92] The
jurisdictional complexity of the
Ottoman Empire was aimed to permit
the integration of culturally and
religiously different groups.
The
Ottoman system had three court
systems: one for Muslims, one for non-
Muslims, involving appointed Jews and
Christians ruling over their respective
religious communities, and the "trade
court"
. The entire system was
regulated from above by means of the
administrative Kanun, i.e. laws, a
system based upon the Turkic Yasa
and Töre, which were developed in the
pre-Islamic era. The kanun law system,
on the other hand, was the secular law
of the sultan, and dealt with issues not
clearly addressed by the sharia
system.
These court categories were not,
however, wholly exclusive: for
instance, the Islamic courts—which
were the Empire's primary courts—
could also be used to settle a trade
conflict or disputes between litigants
of differing religions, and Jews and
Christians often went to them to obtain
a more forceful ruling on an issue. The
Ottoman state tended not to interfere
with non-Muslim religious law systems,
despite legally having a voice to do so
through local governors.

Under the same portion "logic"boy pasted we read further

Under the millet system, non-Muslim
people were considered subjects of
the Empire, but were not subject to
the Muslim faith or Muslim law.
The
Orthodox millet, for instance, was still
officially legally subject to Justinian's
Code, which had been in effect in the
Byzantine Empire for 900 years. Also,
as the largest group of non-Muslim
subjects (or zimmi) of the Islamic
Ottoman state, the Orthodox millet
was granted a number of special
privileges in the fields of politics and
commerce, and had to pay higher
taxes than Muslim subjects.
[120],[121]
The Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II allowed
the local Christians to stay in
Constantinople after conquering the
city in 1453, and to retain their
institutions such as the Greek
Orthodox Patriarchate.
In 1461 Sultan Mehmed II established
the Armenian Patriarchate of
Constantinople. Previously, the
Byzantines considered the Armenian
Church as heretical and thus did not
allow them to build churches inside the
walls of Constantinople. In 1492, when
the Muslims and Sephardic Jews were
expelled from Spain during the
Spanish Inquisition, the Ottoman
Sultan Bayezid II sent his fleet under
Kemal Reis to save them and granted
the refugees the right to settle in the
Ottoman Empire.

The state's relationship with the Greek
Orthodox Church was largely peaceful,
and recurrent oppressive measures
taken against the Greek church were a
deviation from generally established
practice. The church's structure was
kept intact and largely left alone but
under close control and scrutiny until
the Greek War of Independence of
1821–1829 and, later in the 19th
century, the rise of the Ottoman
constitutional monarchy, which was
driven to some extent by nationalistic
currents, tried to be balanced with
Ottomanism. Other Orthodox churches,
like the Bulgarian Orthodox Church,
were dissolved and placed under the
jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox
Patriarchate, until Sultan Abdülaziz
established the Bulgarian Exarchate in
1870 and reinstated the autonomy of
the Bulgarian Church.
Similar millets were established for the
Ottoman Jewish community, who were
under the authority of the Haham Başı
or Ottoman Chief Rabbi; the Armenian
Orthodox community, who were under
the authority of a head bishop; and a
number of other

All the above was taken from the wiki page "logic"boy posted, now with the sort of dishonesty from gaytheists sorry atheists where does objectivity start to in this sort of people head, this is why I usually avoid discussing with their type, to have any serious discussion with anyone honesty is very important indeed as it serves the basis for reaching an end game! But could dishonesty be one of the serial traits of an atheists? grin grin grin well that remains to be seen! cheesy.

And truly can any honest individual have read an entire article and only pick the terms limited rights without even understanding what the rights are? Is this how far "logic"boy would go like gay slave appeasing his gay masters? How does this work? Or could this be the sort of objectivity he used in justifying being an atheist? Or how else do we rate this sort of objectivity, which resembles the sort we find in individuals whom rather than learn the steps in building coherent arguments in university spent more time engaging in gay activism? grin grin grin grin The wikipedia point literally exposes the shallow thinking of most atheist who spent their time engaged in Cherry Picking Fallacy!

Q.E.D
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
proo212: Actually Denmark is falling to Muslim gangs and this is now in the news over there. Logic boy, I'm sure you meant to say the peaceful verses were abrogated by the non peaceful verses.

Verses like For those my enemies who do not want my enemies to prevail upon them bring them before me and slay them, yeah we understand were this Paul Minion is coming from indeed!
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
proo212: Actually Denmark is falling to Muslim gangs and this is now in the news over there. Logic boy, I'm sure you meant to say the peaceful verses were abrogated by the non peaceful verses.

I think Denmark is handling them well.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2012
Lolz grin grin grin why do gaytheist always resort to insults whenever they have been debunked? Why the pains? Why the butt hurt? grin grin grin! Sorry I did not mean to debunk you so thoroughly, I will be gentle next time! cheesy heheheh

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by honeychild(f): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
@verdaxcool

Actually you started with †ђξ insults on this thread. Are all atheists gay? Name calling just makes you sound desperate
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2012
honeychild: @verdaxcool

Actually you started with †ђξ insults on this thread. Are all atheists gay? Name calling just makes you sound desperate

Vedaxcool never gets banned for his folly. He hardly gets cautioned by fellow muslims (only rare occasions).

I love the islam section grin
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2012
honeychild: @verdaxcool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin if you can point were i will m,ail you N5! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Muslim Men To Leave Their Beards Unkempt? / Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah / Alhamdulilah For The Beautiful Gift Of Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.