Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! (2424 Views)

Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
Its live on BBC now. Very informative!
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
Vandana Shiva from India is giving it hot to the westerners
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
Tony Blair to the defense
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ezekwesili being analytic...very impressive
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
lexio: Its live on BBC now. Very informative!

BBC? - are you sure you're watching the right channel?
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by moredendisc: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
lexio: Its live on BBC now. Very informative!

@exio(m)

It wasn't live but was an aired pre-recorded debate

Why Poverty?

This Debate is part of a global event hosted by the BBC and 50 other broadcasters around the world.

The debate explores the causes of and cures for the enduring problem of severe poverty which still affects many people in the world.

It was recorded in front of a live audience in Johannesburg earlier this year.

On the panel are

Tony Blair, former UK Prime Minister;

Oby Ezekwesili from the Open Society Foundation, Africa and a former Nigerian government minister;

Moeltesi Mbeki, South African author and Chair of SA Institute of International Affairs;

and Vandana Shiva, Indian activist, environmentalist and scientist.

Chaired by Zeinab Badawi.

Duration: 55 minutes

First broadcast: Saturday 24 November 2012
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

Yes it was aired on BBC as at the time of the post. I wonder why u asked like say I blind..
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by moredendisc: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2012
shymexx:

lexio:

Yes it was aired on BBC as at the time of the post. I wonder why u asked like say I blind..

It's just got finished a few minutes ago

I think there is going to be a repeat air tomorrow Sun 25th Nov 2012 13:05
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by ballabriggs: 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
For those in the UK, I don't think you will be able to watch it because it is on the BBC world service. However, you can listen through this link.

Very educative

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010n7vq
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by ebere1712: 3:47am On Nov 25, 2012
Chukwu punish bbc and everybody that listen to them. Only sell outs speak with bbc.
Re: BBC World Debate On "Why Poverty?" Oby Ezekwesili, Tony Blair-live! by moredendisc: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8_2ziNkhAs

Why Poverty? World Debate (Preview) - 24 November 2012

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans In Malaysia Are In Session To Mark The Burial Celebration Of Nigeria. / Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings / Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.