Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Are All Toyota Avalon V6? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are All Toyota Avalon V6? (5418 Views)

This Abandoned Toyota Avalon XX30 Might Have Been Stolen / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / Toyota Avalon 2002 Xls V6 Versus Toyota Camry 2002 Xle V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by mecussey(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
I would like to buy the 1996 Model, but my Mechanic said all Avalons are V6. I don't like any V6 engine.
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
mecussey: I would like to buy the 1996 Model, but my Mechanic said all Avalons are V6. I don't like any V6 engine.

Then don't buy an Avalon, simple.

Any reason why you don't like V6 engines?
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by chelseabmw(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2012
bro,u need to drive an avalon then you will love all v6 cars
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by mecussey(m): 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
Chelseabmw, its good to try things but the way guys speak about V6... Plus, my mechanic said V6 is a very difficult engine to maintain, I became afraid.
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
mecussey: Chelseabmw, its good to try things but the way guys speak about V6... Plus, my mechanic said V6 is a very difficult engine to maintain, I became afraid.

If your mechanic says it's difficult to maintain a V6, and you accepted, I don't know what to say. You're a grown man, and able to think independently, without being influenced by a guy who doesn't know one end of a spanner from the other.

And I feel you need to change your mechanic. Any mechanic who's afraid of any engine that's not an I4 has no business working on any automobile.

8 Likes

Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by mecussey(m): 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Siena:

If your mechanic says it's difficult to maintain a V6, and you accepted, I don't know what to say. You're a grown man, and able to think independently, without being influenced by a guy who doesn't know one end of a spanner from the other.

And I feel you need to change your mechanic. Any mechanic who's afraid of any engine that's not an I4 has no business working on any automobile.

Alright, though your advice is a little bit harsh because I also advise my customers on what to go for on my own field. Whoever says otherwise, may also want to disqualify me like you have done to the poor guy. Common sense tells me that the fuel consumption will be higher and should the engine fail, to replace it will cost more. I am considering how Chelseabmw sounded so confident about it and if you are supporting him then I have to give it a try, that was why I came here. Thanks and more comments are welcome

1 Like

Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by bravolad(m): 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
@Mecussey I don't think Siena's response was harsh as you pointed out. Rather his response was directed to the fact that a mechanic tells u that it's difficult to maintain a V6 engine.

Honestly, it sounds ridiculous that a mechanic would say that. It is a further demonstration his limited knowledge as far as automoble engine is concerned. No modern auto mechanic can say that. However, most mechanics in Nigeria (especially road side ones) barely understand what it entails to work on a sophisticated automobile.

Perhaps, he mearnt to talk about the cost of maintenance/fuel consumption which is slightly high than a 4 cylinder. The truth be told, a V6 offers more power, reliability in handling, durability etc.

I have never seen a 4 cylinder Toyota Avalon in Nigeria. Though, there could be but certainly not here. I want to believe that every vehicle designed has a variance in engine size. I have seen regular 4 cylinder engines on Highlander & Sienna.
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by BE811APP: 12:18am On Nov 28, 2012
Are All Highlanders V6?

I can see so many questns abut V6...
The truth why Nigerias Run away 4rm V6 is d high cost of maintenance and parts...

I use a Honda Hennesey iV4...My gear box cost 60k, full tank 5k...moderete fuel Consumption....

A V6 hennesey..gear box 110k, full tank N7300...wich burns faster and oda expensive parts....

Bottomline, if u r managing and a low income earner...Run away 4rm V6...if u OK and ur salary Covers ur maintaince and all, u travel a lot...go 4 V6....

#My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by mecussey(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2012
^^^ The point
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sadly The Myth About V6 Engine Issues Would Continue to linger in Nigeria for a Very Long time to come.

I Personally Think if you Take Good care of an Engine,You wouldn't worry about mech issues.
The Car Engine has been a Component that has marveled me for a very long time...Some Engines Rake Up 300+ miles and are still as smooth as butter.

I feel if you get a Regular Oil and Oil filter Change your Engine Life would Run for Many years.

Nigerians have a Very nonchalant attitude about oil replacement...I have a friend that would only service his car when he wants to embark on a journey.

I used to be from the Ancient school of thought about V6 Engines some years back but after so much debates and test drives I must give Credit to V engines.

PS: Its a Toyota
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by FindOut(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
In addition to all that has been said, as at 2010, a 92-96 Toyota Camry V6 tokunbo engine at Ladipo cost around 75k, while the i4 cost 120-130k! & I'm fairly certain that till now, the V6 engine is cheaper.

Also, mechanics familiar with the 2002-2006 Camry will tell you that the 4 cylinder engine is nowhere near as strong as the V6 (this applies for all cars I believe anyway). But it appears that due to the size of this camry in particular, a lot of strain is usually put on the 4 cylinder leading to gradual engine wear over time (especially if its not well taken care of).

& to the best of my knowledge, all Avalons come in V6.

There are some 4 cylinder 2001 -2006 Highlanders.

& there's a certain thrill that comes with driving a V6, the way ur car shoots forward at a light touch of the accelerator, the 'balance' at moderate to high speeds, e.t.c. For those who like to drive, forget it, you'll never want to drive a 4 cylinder car again.
Re: Are All Toyota Avalon V6? by Martini101(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
Gbam. U hit d nail on the head. Op. Siena is not being harsh but pointing out the backwardness of most auto mechanics when it comes to current auto engines example v6. The day u 'll try a v6 engine case in point Avalon, u 'll automatically detest a 4-cylinder engine car. Am talkin 4rm experience.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The LS430 Super Scarce In Nigeria? / No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? / How Reliable Is Peugeot 306

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.