Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 (603 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 by lonipeter(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jonathan assures Nigerians stable power supply from June 2013. Saturday, 24 November 2012, Sweetcrude, Abuja -President

Goodluck Jonathan has assured Nigerians of stable supply of electricity in major cities by the end of second quarters of next year. Jonathan spoke in Islamabad, Pakistan at an interactive session with the Nigerian community in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

The event hosted by the Nigerian High Commissioner to Pakistan, Dauda Danladi was part of the activities on the sidelines of the Summit of Eight Developing Nations (D-cool being attended by the President.

Responding to questions raised by some of the guests, the President said his administration had overcome the challenges of power generation to a very large extent.He identified the major challenge to be that of evacuation of the generated electricity due to poor infrastructure.“Presently, we are generating more than whatour transmission capability can evacuate.

“We have over 1000 megawatts of power that we cannot evacuate because of the transmission infrastructure that have been weak over the years and it was very recently that government started the intervention.“But, we have projects that are going on, so before the end of the second quarter, almost middle of next year, most of these projects would have been inaugurated and we will be evacuating power generated. “At that time, quite a number of cities will begin to have 24 hour of light.“When we get to that point you will see that small scale enterprises will begin to make returns and that is the way we can create jobs,’’ he said.

The President told the gathering that his administration had also made improvements on other sectors like roads, aviation, Agriculture and other infrastructure.
Re: Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 by akpovireigho(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
LESS US BE TRUTHFUL TO OUR SELF THERE IS NO WAY THAT NIGERIA CAN ACHIVE STEADY ELETRICITY SUPPLY BECAUSE IN NNPEA OFFICE THEY TAKE LIGHT. I HAVE WITNESS IT. WE CAN'T MAINTAIN ANYTHING ONE PRESIDENT EXTERBLISH BECAUSE ANY PRESIDENT COMING WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO BRING GLORY TO THEMSELF NOT MAINTAINING WHAT THEY HAVE.
Re: Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 by gbadexy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
I am more concerned with the total mega watt of electricity that can be generated.
Re: Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 by gists: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Right now, I am more concerned about security of lives. I believe we can wait for a sincere gov to give us electricity but we cannot afford to keep losing Nigerians (jejely worshiping) week-in-week-out to bomb blasts? You may think you are safe because you are in the south. Just remember the kidnapping trend started with expatriates as their victims till it became free for all. May all the various versions BHs (original, pdp, criminal groups et al) die by the bomb.
Re: Jonathan Assures Nigerians Stable Power Supply From June 2013 by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Nov 26, 2012
WOW . . . this man don take ogbon dey reqest another 6 months.

(1) (Reply)

Some Success Stories Should Not Be Celebrated / Warrant Of Arrest For Lamido Sanusi Over Missing £5bn!! / Vision 20:20:20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.