Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan (536 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Zanzibar Election: Jonathan To Lead Commonwealth Observer Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by Negro1: 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has told an Abuja Federal High Court that he is eligible to contest the presidential election in 2015, even if it would mean staying in office for a total of eight years from the date he was inaugurated as President on May 6, 2010, following the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua.
The president made the statement through his lawyer Mr. Ade Okeaya-Inneh, SAN, in response to a suit in which a Port Harcourt based lawyer, Mr. Henry Amadi, asked the court to declare that Jonathan no longer qualified to run for office in 2015.
Amadi had argued that in doing so, Jonathan would be spending more than the constitutionally stipulated maximum period of eight years in office.
The plaintiff said he was a card-carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party. The suit is similar to another one filed by another self-declared member of the PDP, Chief Cyriacus Njoku, before an Abuja High Court.
http://naijaxplorer..com/2012/11/why-i-can-contest-2015-election.html
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by malele(m): 3:53am On Nov 26, 2012
We won't vote for you,you have nothing to offer
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by inspirenet: 4:36am On Nov 26, 2012
malele: We won't vote for you,you have nothing to offer

cheesy
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 5:24am On Nov 26, 2012
cheesy
inspirenet:

cheesy
Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 5:25am On Nov 26, 2012
I'll personally vote for you GEJ even if the country goes down we all go down ACN and their myopic supporters in the west can burn...as for the North we are waiting

1 Like

Re: Why I Can Contest 2015 Election –jonathan by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 26, 2012
lmao, no leader has been voted into office since 1999. If gej wants to return, he will simply release the Ghana must go bags.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Calls For Revolution!!! / Nigeria: Condemned To Perpetual Under-development / Lie Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.