Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: (9917 Views)

Elders Still Intimidate The Younger Ones Like In The Olden Days. / Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) / How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by britgirlee(f): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2008
Hummmmm

What are you views on the younger Nigerian man  dating an older nNigerianwoman or any woman.

Is a social stigma?  It is more acceptable for a niNigerianan to marry a younger woman or of like age BUT when it comes to the older woman who is uyupo 3-8 years older then him the tables are turned,

If the woman looks half her age and has aged very well it is difficult to decide her age unless told i myself look a good ten years younger!!!!! grin

And I always have the pause your how old Never especiallyf the guy looks older then me but turns out to be 6 years younger!!!!

But seriously what are your views in our present society do you wonder what the attraction is ?/. what the guy sees in the woman , what the woman sees in the younger guy??

Is she of child bearing age, does she want children or not does he even more so,

I wont write much its an open forum your views please grin
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by almondjoy(f): 9:27am On Feb 09, 2008
Yes it is stigma in most societies in Nigeria.  Everywhere you turn you hear things like "old cargo" mostly from men.  The women often spite older ones even if the age difference is that of 2 years--like they are any younger themselves.  It is not very common go see a young Nigerian man marry an older Nigerian lady without incurring the wrath of his relatives.  Most women lie about their ages go get the men's attention till the truth is eventually revealed when the lady's schoolmates start screaming foul.

She was my older sister's mate in secondary school oooooooooooooooh"! cheesy  If she is 27, how old am I then?

Thanks to women taking better care of themselves and learning to love themselves for whom they are. Most women do not look their ages anymore.  Thanks also for getting out of the kitchen and graduating from higher institutions and maintaining their careers. Just living for themselves.

It can only take a confident man to appreciates any lady for whom she is without considering her age when it is of no consequence to "matters arising".  Not up to 5% in Africa. cheesy

In the western world, who cares?  Go Demi  Moore!!!  You look good with baby Ashton K!!! kiss

Wow!  Britgirleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I love your profile picture.  There is stiff competition on Nairaland now.  Too bad, the girls look way better than the guys.

Are those real?--If I were a guy--age would not be a factor arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrallll! Hmmmmmmmmmm!  What a pair of bosoms! cheesy
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by britgirlee(f): 9:51am On Feb 09, 2008
Almond Girleee,
love your write up and views!!!!

Yes Im all real,,,,and yes im an older woman and proud to be me, I ve fogotten about the pic posted , hahahaha

Any way hope your well
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by almondjoy(f): 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2008
britgirlee:

Almond Girleee,
love your write up and views!!!!

Yes I'm all real,,,,and yes im an older woman and proud to be me, I ve fogotten about the pic posted , hahahaha

Any way hope your well

Getting better with age too! cool Keep on looking your very best. Have a lovely weekend. Keep em up! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by doyin13(m): 2:11am On Feb 14, 2008
almondjoy:

Are those real?--If I were a guy--age would not be a factor arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrallll! Hmmmmmmmmmm! What a pair of bosoms! cheesy

bosoms. . .Did I hear bosoms. . .

Nwanwu pawpaw men. . .make una show me na

Yawwww
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by almondjoy(f): 7:45am On Feb 14, 2008
doyin13:

bosoms. . .Did I hear bosoms. . .

Nwanwu pawpaw men. . .make una show me na

Yawwww

As usual, you never fail to show up at the right time!  Where is that picture of yours from last year? tongue

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! I spoke too soooooooooon! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Downloading several copies!---if no be you--no problem still!
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by darfur(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2008
almond joy,
that na your picture for ya profile grin
you fine well well oo grin grin
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by almondjoy(f): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
darfur:

almond joy,
that na your picture for ya profile grin
you fine well well oo grin grin

Hmmmmmmmm! Thank you very much! cheesy
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by Blatant: 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
How boys go dey carry old cargo?

Na only if the old cargo want give them papers or maybe she get money wey she dey spend for boys.

almondjoy:

It can only take a confident man to appreciates any lady for whom she is without considering her age when it is of no consequence to "matters arising". Not up to 5% in Africa. cheesy

[i]In the western world, who cares?[/[/i]b] [b]Go Demi Moore!!! You look good with baby Ashton K!!! kiss

It takes a desperate man to go with an old cargo lol

Besides, why should we do something simply because it is done in the western world? Must we be colomentality fools following without thought? If you dont like it, go and meet men from the western world
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by Blatant: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2008
why the women sef no find dem mates?
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by almondjoy(f): 7:01am On Feb 19, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  A see! Just lak a thought. Typical Nigerian mentality. The good news is that more Nigerian guys have wives at home and keep sugar mommies on the side. Desperate or not. Let freedom of choice reign. Some old cargos make better wives than young mules! kiss
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by ayoparadig: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2010
I wonder why age becomes a barrier to the true state of the heart. As a matter of fact, I prefer to date an older woman because they seem to be more understanding and they give you the space to be yourself without crowding in on you. I am 28 years old and wouldn't really mind hooking up with a much older lady. Send me a mail at ayoparadigm@yahoo.com and lets see how it goes from there.
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by afime: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2010
I am 10 years older than my Igbo husband shocked. We have been married for a long while now and have children. I am also caribbean so you can imagine that we have been faced with a lot of pressure from all angles. In appearance our age difference is not at all noticeable as I have been blessed and look much younger than my years. It took a while for my family to accept that we were serious about each other as they thought he was out to use me for papers etc. His family took a while to warm up to me but have now accepted me - to a degree. I mean they wouldn't announce that I was older to their friends - I think they would be embarrased but that is their headache not mine. It has not always been easy but then what relationship is? We are a very close family and respect each others culture/ways i.e circumcising our son which I didn't particularly agree with but know that Nigerian males are circumcised - I respected that.  So far so good. I love him. He loves me> End of story really! grin

NB. I am definately not old cargo!!! facety!! tongue
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by spiaggia: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2012
Britgirl, you look so much like a sweet lady I knew in London. Her name is Grace. Are you Grace?
Re: The Younger Nigerian Man And The Older Woman: by Biut(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

13. Odu Otura Meji- Fear God And You Will Succeed As A Leader Of Men!. / I Was Thinking About What Ajuran/axum Said And Was Wondering / Hairy Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.