Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (847559 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
And this I pray, that your love may abound more and more [displaying itself in greater depth] in real knowledge and in practical insight, so that you may learn to recognize and treasure what is excellent [identifying the best, and distinguishing moral differences], and that you may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ [actually living lives that lead others away from sin]; filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God [so that His glory may be both revealed and recognized] inside you and all that concerns you in Jesus Name. Amen.
{Philippians 1:9-11 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
For this reason, since the day we heard about it, we have not stopped praying for you, asking [specifically] that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [with insight into His purposes], and in understanding [of spiritual things], so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord [displaying admirable character, moral courage, and personal integrity], to [fully] please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing in the knowledge of God [with deeper faith, clearer insight and fervent love for His precepts]; [we pray that you may be] strengthened and invigorated with all power, according to His glorious might, to attain every kind of endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints (God’s people) in the Light.
For He has rescued us and has drawn us to Himself from the dominion of darkness, and has transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption [because of His sacrifice, resulting in] the forgiveness of our sins [and the cancellation of sins’ penalty]. in Jesus Name. Amen.
{Colossians 1:9-14 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
Now may the God of peace [the source of serenity and spiritual well-being] who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood that sealed and ratified the eternal covenant, equip you with every good thing to carry out His will and strengthen you [making you complete and perfect as you ought to be], accomplishing in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
{Hebrews 13:20-21 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling or falling into sin, and to present you unblemished [blameless and faultless] in the presence of His glory with triumphant joy and unspeakable delight, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
{Jude 1:20-21 amp}
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:30am On Apr 05, 2019
Faith in Christianity is not just about *prayers* but *studying, knowing and believing JESUS CHRIST* more and more as every tick of time increases and each day goes by...
Is my faith in Jesus Christ increasing?
Is your faith in Jesus Christ increasing?
All these years of learning about Jesus Christ(Discipleship), are we engaging in *soul-winning* for Christ Jesus by the *fire of the Holy Ghost* in this *age/generation* or are we just *mere-hearers* of his words?

THE REVIVAL/MOVE-OF-GOD IS *ON-GOING*,
let us become part of it...
All we need to do is *implore the Holy Ghost* to release HIS FIRE upon us as *each individual* had *a fire seat upon each of their heads* on the day of Pentecost {Acts 2:3}...

HOLY GHOST FILL US WITH *YOUR FIRE* AS ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST FOR YOUR REVIVAL/MOVE IN THIS OUR GENERATION IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.
GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
For those feeling bad because of being rejected in a friendship/relationship that was requesting nude pictures or sexual immoralities:
May be this might be your 1st emotional engagement/friendship with the opposite sex. You are being human by just allowing your emotions to believe this man/lady was real and you loved him/her however as honest friends/brothers/sisters on this social media, we encourage you to let go of this man/lady. If you think that you are ready to be in a relationship again ask the HOLY SPIRIT(GOD) to lead your steps into His own designed relationship for you because He promised to give us whatever we ask that agrees to His will(1 John 5:14) and He confirmed to us that He is the Only Being that guides every step/phase of our lives thus "the Lord(Jesus Christ) guides the steps of the righteous..." (Psalm 1:6). Another very important truth is *no relationship with same or opposite sex* that will produce tangible results or become pleasing to God or make you proud of its engagements in the future that will be asking for your *nude pictures or sexual intercourse* before matrimony ofcourse there is nothing like *marriage between people of the same sex because it is unacceptable/unapproved before the true living God*.
Great Grace Dear!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
A man or woman with a big sexual organ or sex-style or sex-knowledge or beauty/
handsomeness/shape will not raise your kids for you. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you connect to His marital-partner for you. A man/woman who has vision and life-time plans. You will not be hor-ny forever!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
SEVENTH DAY!❤️ (NOVENA TO THE HOLY SPIRIT)
Heal our wounds--our strength renews; On our dryness pour Thy dew, Wash the stains of guilt away.

The Gift of Counsel
The gift of Counsel endows the soul with supernatural prudence, enabling it to judge promptly and rightly what must done, especially in difficult circumstances. Counsel applies the principles furnished by Knowledge and Understanding to the innumerable concrete cases that confront us in the course of our daily duty as parents, teachers, public servants, and Christian citizens. Counsel is supernatural common sense, a priceless treasure in the quest of salvation. "Above all these things, pray to the Most High, that He may direct thy way in truth."

Prayer
Come, O Spirit of Counsel, help and guide me in all my ways, that I may always do Thy holy will. Incline my heart to that which is good; turn it away from all that is evil, and direct me by the straight path of Thy commandments to that goal of eternal life for which I long. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
ACT OF CONSECRATION TO THE HOLY SPIRIT❤️
On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body to You, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Your purity, the unerring keenness of Your justice, and the might of Your love. You are the Strength and Light of my soul. In You I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve You by unfaithfulness to grace and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against You. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for Your light, and listen to Your voice, and follow Your gracious inspirations. I cling to You and give myself to You and ask You, by Your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart, I implore You, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, to keep me in Your grace that I may never sin against You. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to You always and everywhere, "Speak Lord for Your servant heareth." Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT❤️
O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul, the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth, the Spirit of Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, and the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord, with the sign of Your true disciples and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
DIVINE TIMING:
There is time for everything on this earth
There is time for every man,
There is time for every work,
There is time for every purpose to manifest....
thus
"After this, Jesus walked [from place to place] in Galilee, for He would not walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him. 2 Now the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles (Booths) was approaching. 3 So His brothers said to Him, “Leave here and go to Judea, so that Your disciples [there] may also see the works that You do. 4 No one does anything in secret when he wants to be known publicly. If You [must] do these things, show Yourself openly to the world and make Yourself known!” 5 For not even His brothers believed in Him. 6 So Jesus said to them, “*My time has not yet come*; but any time is right for you. 7 The world cannot hate you [since you are part of it], but it does hate Me because I denounce it and testify that its deeds are evil. 8 Go up to the feast yourselves. *I am not going up to this feast because My time has not yet fully come*.” 9 Having said these things to them, He stayed behind in Galilee.

10 *But [afterward], when His brothers had gone up to the feast, He went up too, not publicly [with a caravan], but quietly [because He did not want to be noticed]*. 11 So the Jews kept looking for Him at the feast and asking, “Where is He?” 12 There was a lot of whispered discussion and murmuring among the crowds about Him. Some were saying, “He is a good man”; others said, “No, on the contrary, He misleads the people [giving them false ideas].” 13 Yet no one was speaking out openly and freely about Him for fear of [the leaders of] the Jews.

14 *When the feast was already half over, Jesus went up into the temple [court] and began to teach*. 15 Then the Jews were perplexed. They said, *“How did this man become learned [so versed in the Scriptures and theology] without formal training?”* 16 Jesus answered them by saying, “My teaching is not My own, but His who sent Me. 17 If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know whether the teaching is of God or whether I speak on My own accord and by My own authority. 18 He who speaks on his own accord seeks glory and honor for himself. But He who seeks the glory and the honor of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness or deception in Him."
{John 7:1-18 amp}

In as much as every human being is eager to achieve results, it is not every opportunity, job, business, group, friendship, relationship,offers, news-trend, fashion-trend, ideas, words, message e.t.c that you should *accept/follow* no matter how *juicy* they appear, no matter *how realistic they seem under human calculations*.

There are things you/I might even accept *later* along the phase of our lives but at this point in our lives, we are not *permitted to accept it* because it is not yet time.

There are things you/I need to accept *now* in our lives but because of ignorance of the *Lord's visitation{Luke 19:44}* or engagements in sinful living/pleasures or pride of sense/riches/knowledge or lust of the worldliness we allow ourselves-emotions, family, career, business, job, marriage, favors, blessings e.t.c to be *crushed/destroyed* for even after he sought those lost opportunities with tears he could not get them back {Hebrews 12:15-17}

No matter what is happening in our lives, we should not allow circumstances, parents, peer-pressures, trends, social-media-hype, flashy/frivolous-lifestyle around us, economic-instabilities, political-manipulations/laxity, religious sentiments/brainwashing, threats, intimidation e.t.c to throw us into *competition* with anybody or group on this earth bearing in mind that each person is *unique*, each person's time or visitation and manifestation from Our God and Lord Jesus Christ is *different and unique*
however
we should also be in *communion/dialogue* with the *Holy Spirit* in order to collaborate with *His grace* to pray when He prompts us to pray, study his words when He arouses our curiosity to know Him more, think along with Him as He instructs our hearts, take actions when He instigates us to do so either from inside our hearts or from circumstances He creates around us or from human beings {sane, insane, senior, junior, teacher, student, client, colleagues, customers employee, spouse, children, parents, relations, friends, enemies, staff e.t.c} surrounding us, so that we do not become lazy/indifferent/ignorant of the *ever-dynamic move of God* in our individual lives and the whole universe.
GREAT GRACE BRETHREN!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello all, right from my tender age, I have always been a dreamer, always actively involved in my dreams or dreaming about others, I have had many revelations through dream, I am a sinner and I wonder sometimes if one day my gift will leave me cause I am a sinner?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by izzou(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
Swtcherries:
Hello all, right from my tender age, I have always been a dreamer, always actively involved in my dreams or dreaming about others, I have had many revelations through dream, I am a sinner and I wonder sometimes if one day my gift will leave me cause I am a sinner?

Do you wish to continue in sin?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
izzou:

Do you wish to continue in sin?
Its for a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by izzou(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Swtcherries:
Its for a while.

My advice: Just take a decision to stop.

At the end, we all end up hurting ourselves after disobeying ourself, others and God

I'm tired of asking for forgiveness and hurting myself too. It's better I stop. And most importantly, life is short

If you really love your gift, take no chance and quit whatever sin that is easily beseting you

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
Swtcherries:
I really appreciate your sincerity. Having acknowledged the fact that you are a sinner has made the issue simple. We are all sinners that received the grace of God not to continue in our ways of sinning anymore. Dearly beloved, you may not loose that gift, but your soul, remember some will come to the LORD and say in His name they do this and that, but He will reply them that He knew them not. Therefore give your life totally to Christ Jesus and ask for the grace to stop sinning. God will help you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2019
Christianity is not *believing Abraham's' teachings or mistakes* rather *BELIEVING JESUS CHRIST TEACHINGS*{"Whoever serves me *must follow me*; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." John 12:26}. Christianity is not *preaching or interpreting anything you see in the bible anyhow* rather *interpreting and preaching ONLY JESUS CHRIST TEACHINGS* from the whole bible which is from Genesis 1:1--Revelation 22:21 as Jesus told us in John 5:39, 46. God defined *marriage between 1 Adam (1 man) + 1 Eve (1 woman) from the beginning Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 2:14-25 after they sinned a whole of things were *done wrong*, God came in human flesh in Christ Jesus through his lifestyle, teachings, death and resurrection *restored us back to *the original whole, holy, pure nature of Adam before the fall* hence Jesus Christ made reference to marriage as He initially designed it in the garden of Eden : 1 man + 1 woman in Matthew 19:1-6. Jesus also told us that *in the cases of "infidelity", a man should separate from the woman* {Matthew 19:9, Matt.5:32}, here *infidelity defines a man and woman leaving together without being wedded/joined in Christ*. All those who are leaving together leaving together without *matrimony* in Christianity are practicing *concubinage* no matter how you tag it and who is involved. On the day, the man will accept Christianity, He is going to accept *only 1 woman as his wife* not minding who is 1st or last or even another woman apart from the ones he has been leaving with just like the woman who had married 5-husbands and she declared to Jesus Christ that she has no husband and Jesus confirmed that indeed non of the 5-men were actually her husband {John 4:16-18}. The children continues to remain the *financial responsibility of the man* while the woman can go ahead and marry their own unique husband and move ahead with life regardless of marriage as the case may become. This is called *restitution/separation* and not *divorce* because they were leaving in *sin/ignorance* and they were never *married in the eyes of God* before that *decision to obey Christ Jesus* according to Christianity. If you are a Christian or intends to become a Christian these things are not difficult to walk with the Holy Spirit will release his mercy, grace and love to make this amendments if the mistake has been done however if you have not made this mistake *do not take God's grace for granted* by *marrying more than 1-wife or entering into the house of a man as anything apart from the 1st and only wife*. May the Holy Spirit release his mercy, grace and love upon each one of us to help us in this time of need to receive salvation, reject/resist sin, anything in the appearance of sin, worldly passions/lust, manifest holy, righteous and self-controlled lifestyle in this time and generation where ignorance/sin/iniquities/worldliness is being *re-invented/celebrated* in Jesus Name. Amen. Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:13am On Apr 08, 2019
"But since sexual immorality is occurring, *each man* should have sexual relations with *his own wife*, and *each woman* with *her own husband*." {1 Cor.7:2}, "For this reason *a man* will leave his father and mother and be united to *his wife*, and the *two* will become one flesh." (Eph.5:31).
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 1:48am On Apr 08, 2019
"He(Jesus Christ) looked up and said, ‘Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?’ ‘No one, sir’ she replied. ‘Neither do I condemn you,’ said Jesus ‘go away, and do not sin any more.’ (John 8:9-11)

Abbah My Father, by the living authority of this your word, may your mercy, grace, love and miracle break us *away* from *every and any* sinful habits, sinful addictions, sinful seed, body of sin, sinful pleasures/sweetness, sin's accusations e.t.c holding us down currently in this age, generation, end-time through the *unstoppable manifestations* of your Holy Spirit in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.

Glorious Father, because of your mercy, grace, love and miracles which you have manifested in our lives from your throne of grace, may today 8 April, 2019 mark the end of these sinful lifestyles that have held us down in bondage/slavery through the unlimited power of your Holy Spirit in Jesus Name. Amen.

Father let your mercy overcome the judgment our past sinful lifestyle deserves in Jesus Name. Amen.
Graceful Father, through your grace which is free and available to every human being may all men whom you have designed to receive salvation in Christ Jesus today 8 April 2019 hear your gospel through the utterance and unlimited move of your Holy Spirit directly in their soul and *BELIEVE* in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Mighty God may those of us who have believed before now surrender *totally* to your Holy Spirit *control/dominion* in their lives so that He will *sustain us in the grace of holiness, righteousness, self-control, love, consistent study of your word, evangelism, authority, power, anointing, miracles, favors, blessings, healings e.t.c* till Jesus Christ comes again in glory in Jesus Name. Amen.
Thank You Jesus Christ, the only God who saves mankind from *sin and its effect upon the whole universe*!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Gab25: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2019
See this video, you will be so encouraged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNLIZKc91k
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2019
izzou:

My advice: Just take a decision to stop.

At the end, we all end up hurting ourselves after disobeying ourself, others and God

I'm tired of asking for forgiveness and hurting myself too. It's better I stop. And most importantly, life is short

If you really love your gift, take no chance and quit whatever sin that is easily beseting you

Thanku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2019
Julivas:

I really appreciate your sincerity. Having acknowledged the fact that you are a sinner has made the issue simple. We are all sinners that received the grace of God not to continue in our ways of sinning anymore. Dearly beloved, you may not loose that gift, but your soul, remember some will come to the LORD and say in His name they do this and that, but He will reply them that He knew them not. Therefore give your life totally to Christ Jesus and ask for the grace to stop sinning. God will help you.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
budaatum:
Stupid! That is what you are if you believe and don't seek to understand so you can know how to make use of the power of Christ that is in you (though I'm wondering if that power is in you at all if all you do is believe).

Think about it. You believe the power of our Lord Jesus Christ is inside of you but you don't appear to know whether it is inside of you or not. I am very aware of the numerous instances in scripture where it says "believe", but I do insist in spirit that nobody says they believe that it is raining when they know that water is falling from the heavens upon their head. It comes from a time when believe is what one did so I would expect many to merely believe just as satan appears to believe. But do you not tremble like satan trembles? Do you not live in fear and tremble despite all your believing? I'm putting it to you that it is satan and believers who tremble in fear because they do not know what is pissing down on their heads but merely believe in their own imaginations!

Those who know and understand do not live in fear trembling. They walk through the valley of the shadow of the dead fearing no evil, not because they believe, but because they know that they are comforted by the rod and the staff of the Lord so tremble departs from them and goes into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and its angels who are cursed.

Seek ye therefore an understanding of the Word and dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
"And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers] in Christ Jesus. Amen. (Acts. 20:32amp)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
Always ask God for his mercy, grace, love, direction and miracles upon your life and your family. Stay away from sin and anything in the appearance of sin by studying your Holy Bible every day to know, believe and love Jesus Christ more and more (increasingly) as in John 8:31-32. You will never depart from *faith in Christ Jesus*, you will never *lack food, water, clothing and shelter*, you will never regret *anything at all*. Great Grace!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
"And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers] in Christ Jesus. Amen. (Acts. 20:32amp)
All who work by diligently seeking!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by budaatum: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Always ask God for his mercy, grace, love, direction and miracles upon your life and your family. Stay away from sin and anything in the appearance of sin by studying your Holy Bible every day to know, believe and love Jesus Christ more and more (increasingly) as in John 8:31-32. You will never depart from *faith in Christ Jesus*, you will never *lack food, water, clothing and shelter*, you will never regret *anything at all*. Great Grace!!!
As clearly shown here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Amanda4life: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Christian brothers and sister's im thinking of divorce. Im married but im single
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Amanda4life: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
I was told to quit this marriage 3 months after marriage because of ,,...,but i refused because i felt God does not like divorce. But now im blaming my self . I want to make heaven.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ihedinobi3: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
Amanda4life:
I was told to quit this marriage 3 months after marriage because of ,,...,but i refused because i felt God does not like divorce. But now im blaming my self . I want to make heaven.
Hello.

I'm a fellow Christian. I'm also, just like you, committed to obeying God. So, I do my best to learn what the Bible says and live by it too.

That is all for context, so that you can appreciate where my answers come from.

It is true that the Bible teaches that God hates divorce, but it does not rule it out. The Lord Jesus Himself taught that if one's spouse commits porneia, one may divorce that spouse. Paul, speaking by the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant in the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, went on in 1 Corinthians 7:10-11 to command that in a marriage where both are believers, they must not divorce each other. If they do, or separate from each other, then they must remain single or reconcile to each other. That is to say that while ideally we should not divorce a believing spouse, we may if, as the Lord Jesus commanded, they commit porneia, but we must stay unmarried after divorcing them, unless we decide to be reconciled.

This is the New Covenant command about marriage between believers.

However, other circumstances were considered. One may be married to an unbeliever, for example. In that case, the unbeliever may be pleased to remain married to them. If that is so, then the believer should not break up. If the unbeliever wishes to leave however, or is displeased with the marriage, then the believer is free to divorce in that case.

There may be other situations too, like domestic abuse, or even financial impropriety that may be ruinous to the family. The Bible does not address these. But since Paul said by the Holy Spirit that we have been called to peace (7:15), we should not consider it some kind of spiritual responsibility to suffer things that we can avoid, if we really can avoid them. One would have to judge by one's own conscience here.

I don't know your specific circumstances, and even if you told me, I would probably not understand it as well as you do. So, what I have done is share with you what the Bible teaches about this as a doctrine. How you apply it is up to you. I am confident, however, that since you have the Holy Spirit, and you love the Lord, you will be led aright in the matter if you are careful to follow the Bible as far as you know how to here. I, for my part, will say a prayer for you here.

Finally, I will add that if you continue thinking Scripturally about it and praying too, you may even figure out a way to solve the problem - whatever it may be - without quitting the marriage.

Grace from the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?
By: Pastor Lemi Jonathan (The Scribe)

I strolled into a boarding secondary school to do an outreach and to pray with them. During the ministration to the junior students, I mentioned some cases, prayed for them and then stayed back for counseling.
Many of the kids who came for counseling are victims of sexual exposures. Many of them started stealing the moment they got exposed to sex, they have done very terrible things. One of the girls who is 12 years told me she started having sex in nursery school. At age 12, she couldn't count how many boys she has slept with. There were lots of such cases...painful enough was the repeated complaints that their parents were not aware of their struggles because they fear of being disowned. The 12 years old girl said her mum still sees her as a virgin, but she has slept with countless boys including lesbian sex with her pastor's daughter right in the church.....
It grieves my heart to see how many parents brag about being parents when their kids can't even confide in them, their kids prefer dying in silence than talk to parents...... It turned into a deliverance session because many of them had contacted satanic poisons. I led them to Christ and conducted deliverance on them.
The school authority is trying, they are doing all they can to engage the student and even inviting people like us to come and talk to their students, but when these children go home, they come back worse because their parents are not helping matters.
Invite parents to seminars, they will claim they are busy......ask them to join a whatsapp or Facebook group that can help them, they will tell you they know it all.....ask them to pay and join a group, they will tell you its a waste......
Some of the boys were confessing being introduced to sex by house helps, older siblings, cousins....
I have dealt with cases of father having sex with her daughter for 9 years, and having her pregnant 6 times. This girl has aborted for her dad 6 times and mum is not aware.
I have handled cases of siblings having sex and parents are not aware....yet these parents are educated, invite them to conferences, they will be speaking English for you and telling you how busy they are.....
Many of these kids got abandoned and exposed to sex due to parental neglects. One JSS 1 girl told me that as her parents are fighting each other at home, no one looks at her, so she took succour at school with a Jss 3 boy who started paying her attention and they started having sex right after school.
Many have been exposed to masturbation, lesbianism and homosexuality and parents are not aware..... Where are the parents?
My heart bleeds........ Pastor Lemi Jonathan

THE PARENTS OF THIS GENERATION REALLY NEED TO WAKE UP.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:26am On Apr 13, 2019
Are you held down by any sinful lifestyle/addictions?
May the mercy, grace and Love from the throne of God's Grace be released *without measure* upon you to destroy *every seed of sin* in your life by the *mighty power of His Holy Spirit* now and forever in Jesus Name. Amen.
It is settled {John 19:30}.
To continue in this *new-settled life of Holiness/Dominion over sin forever*, ask God *every tick of time on this earth* for his mercy, grace and love to *CONTINUE IN STUDYING HIS WORD TO KNOW, BELIEVE AND LOVE JESUS CHRIST MORE AND MORE* so that this NEW LIFE{JESUS CHRIST/HOLINESS} will *never stop or be distracted* from you according to John 8:31-32 "Jesus was speaking to those who have *BELIEVED* in him, if you *CONTINUE IN MY WORD* then you are my *FOLLOWERS INDEED* then will you discover the *TRUTH* and the TRUTH will set YOU FREE FOREVER".
Since you have received grace to *start studying about JESUS CHRIST*; I encourage you to start with the Gospel of St. John, study John Chapter 1:1-51 today.
Try to study your Holy Bible during the day while you are *active* and you have *free-time or less busy schedule*, do not shift it to *night-time* when you are tired/stressed-out/weak/worn-out from the days activities/engagements.
Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Castdown, But Not Crushed / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.