Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri (10269 Views)

Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks / 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by addictiv(m): 2:40am On Nov 28, 2012
Ikengawo: It's sad to see that there are some yoruba people on this forum that smile when easterners die so that they can battle on the internet....... It seems 'bad news' from other regions is always met with cheer.....

have some compassion for your fellow man, it's what separates us from beasts.
i still cant beat it, after one slowpoke ll say they too descended from the jews and not the igbos. go and compare in the last decade the no of collapsed buildings between the easterners and the westerners. and you ll make a shocking yet predictable discovery..
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by 360command: 2:42am On Nov 28, 2012
Onye! Nna men uwa bu pawpaw..
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Ndjones(m): 2:46am On Nov 28, 2012
pDudd:

Nna na wa o. cheesy

I just dey talk my own naw. cheesy. You sef talk your own, leave my own.
He is quoting u because u are a big fool. What has Rochas got 2 do with d building, abi na him make rain fall or na him award d contract of d building?
Ehm Mr. Seun, it's high time u start bounding under age children on this site
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by ABAKA72(m): 4:19am On Nov 28, 2012
pDudd:

Nna na wa o. cheesy

I just dey talk my own naw. cheesy. You sef talk your own, leave my own.
you expect people to leave you when you submit s.tupid posts on a public forum.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by ABAKA72(m): 4:22am On Nov 28, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Brother Calm yourself...

Where did it Happen? In Igbo Land

Who did it happen to? An Igbo man

How did it happen? Substandard Materials used by an Unqualified Contractor

Who is this Contractor? An Igbo Man

So why are you foaming at the lips?

I apologize...I should have said...Fake cement from Owerri...Happy Now?
your apology does not make you less s.tupid though.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Chudiking(m): 4:30am On Nov 28, 2012
jackbauersballs: Built with Fake Cement Straight from Nnewi...

Built by a Chemist with no construction Experience...

Built on Waterlogged crappy land...

Such is the way of House Construction in NIGERIA
who told u NNEWI is dealing wt fake cement ?
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by sammychido: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2012
what a pity i hope to god d man dnt die
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by nanomole: 5:07am On Nov 28, 2012
99.9% of houses that fall in Nigeria are in Yorubaland and most are owned by Yoruba and built by Yoruba
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by supereagle(m): 5:52am On Nov 28, 2012
Only one person died.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by emenezer(m): 6:15am On Nov 28, 2012
Individual opinion..d only persons to b blamed here,is d owner nd d contractor
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by mcevans1(m): 6:29am On Nov 28, 2012
berem: is Rochas the owner of the building or was he the one who gave contract for the building? EWU CAN MALT!

LWTMB. Where hv u been?
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by mcevans1(m): 6:37am On Nov 28, 2012
pDudd:

I almost shat myself laffing at this cheesy

undecidedHEIGHT OF STUPIDITY!
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by caesaraba(m): 6:37am On Nov 28, 2012
I think the clients are more to blame in situations such as these. Due to an unfounded notion that using professionals can be very expensive, these guys just hand out such projects to any grey-haired mason they know. The NIOB (Nigerian Institute of Builders) proposed a law during OBJ's tenure seeking a 50-year jail sentence for such offenders (clients and contractors involved in the construction of substandard/collapsed buildings).

Until such stringent measures are put in place, cases such as these might continue unabated.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by dantechnig: 6:49am On Nov 28, 2012
owerri investors are not use to engaging professionals because they feel they charge high but of what gain is the client when after investing his money to building a house and won't appreciate the value of his money. The alarming factor their is a building still under construction collapsing, there many factors attributing to it which has to be address if professionals especially a Registered Builder is involved. Build wise Engage A Registered Builder
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 28, 2012
Chei my state cry
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by dantechnig: 6:58am On Nov 28, 2012
Iyke money: It happened in ma street works-layout, one was killed
pls where is ur street cos I wan to visit the collapsed building site
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2012
dantechnig: owerri(Nigerian) investors are not use to engaging professionals because they feel they charge high but of what gain is the client when after investing his money to building a house and won't appreciate the value of his money. The alarming factor their is a building still under construction collapsing, there many factors attributing to it which has to be address if professionals especially a Registered Builder is involved. Build wise Engage A Registered Builder

We've not put into consideration the heavy downpour.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2012
embarassed this is really serious.... The contractor should be brought to book
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2012
mc~evans:

LWTMB. Where hv u been?
na wa o... Rochas don suffer
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by jamesbridget13(f): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2012
Am sure who ever owns d place wants 2 build another hotel or eatery in a hurry. Just hope that trapped person made it out alive.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by baysol: 9:17am On Nov 28, 2012
once upon a time there was a country called Biafra. Their were poorly built buildings, kidnappers, drug lords, criminals in all forms and shapes, tribalists, money lovers etc...The head of state is War lord Oju who unfortunately cannot rule is family as things fall apart and the centre can no more hold. But in lagos and South west they are no longer at ease. Biafra oh Biafra the anouncement of your second death on arrival on the 5th of November marks the end of any pity and respect south west will ever have for any Biafra Cowards. Go back to your east now before its too late for you arrogant lots.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Ikwerefistson: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2012
Fatdon: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri, Worker Trapped Inside.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/27/3-storey-building-collapses-in-owerri-trapping-a-worker-inside/
baysol: once upon a time there was a country called Biafra. Their were poorly built buildings, kidnappers, drug lords, criminals in all forms and shapes, tribalists, money lovers etc...The head of state is War lord Oju who unfortunately cannot rule is family as things fall apart and the centre can no more hold. But in lagos and South west they are no longer at ease. Biafra oh Biafra the anouncement of your second death on arrival on the 5th of November marks the end of any pity and respect south west will ever have for any Biafra Cowards. Go back to your east now before its too late for you arrogant lots.
Fatdon: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri, Worker Trapped Inside.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/27/3-storey-building-collapses-in-owerri-trapping-a-worker-inside/
dat doesnt change d fact awo ole hs nw being esterblishd as a war criminal,no longer a over rated hero bt a selfish bigot.it does nt change d fact d ibos in all aspect re greater dan d yoruba.neidar does it change d fact dat lagos is developd by every tribe in nija nd ibos alone contributng 45percent nd ur hoples fada kan nt ask dm out of lagos.it does nt change d fact dat 80percent of d made men in yoruba made dia money eider stealing frm our oil in d nija delta wic d ibos or a major contributers as oil producng state or u animals loot d nation nd blame d hausas.ole
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by DECOtech(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
pDudd: Rochas Okorocha is working grin

Also Owerri is working as well.

No offense meant. cheesy
Is Rochas the building contractor?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Court To Hear Fg’s Application To Detain Sowore For 20 More Days / Aregbesola's Camp Drags Buni, Others To Court Over APC Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.