Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed (10108 Views)

Nigeria Ranked Sixth In Internet Security Threat / How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by optionA4: 4:11am On Nov 28, 2012
Here is the speed I get in Canada... Nigeria may not be there yet but it is question of time. With this kind of speed browsing is a whole different experience

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by edoyad(m): 5:02am On Nov 28, 2012
Nice, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by Rogreat(m): 7:09am On Nov 28, 2012
Must we deliberately place our dear NIGERIA in the stinking pot? The country is doing great. Let's appreciate her efforts. Long Live Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by puskin: 7:47am On Nov 28, 2012
hmmmm......this is my own MTN speed.....is it fast?? cool cool

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by pendo89(f): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2012
We want to install an operations software for our Nigerian partner but the internet speed falls below the expected standard, so it's difficult to implement.
We have tested speeds for partners in other African countries and two or three seem to fair better.
They need to really improve on internet.Many users they have but slow compared to worlwide standards.
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by ceejayluv(m): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2012
TroGunn:

What's the basis for the division by 8?
8 bits = 1 byte.... Basic computer science
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by RedLight1: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2012
puskin: hmmmm......this is my own MTN speed.....is it fast?? cool cool
yep... not bad for mtn
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by RedLight1: 10:46am On Nov 28, 2012
pendo89: We want to install an operations software for our Nigerian partner but the internet speed falls below the expected standard, so it's difficult to implement.
We have tested speeds for partners in other African countries and two or three seem to fair better.
They need to really improve on internet.Many users they have but slow compared to worlwide standards.
are u talking about present day nigeria or nigeria of the old? grin
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by Skywalker5(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2012
KINGwax: I don't knw why u guys don't biliv ds! Do u knw UK wil be introducing her first 4g next yr october? If u ask them, they complain of slow network.
I chat wit friends in ties states and cousins in UK and d truth is, they complain of network problem too.
I don't knw wot network u guys use...i've used swift 4g and it's fuckin fast..i also use glo with my phone and it's 3g has been the bomb. When the condition is fine, i browse with the mtn fast link and download files in seconds. I swear!
I'm alwys suprised when people complain..except the hitches, i'm cool

There is a difference between network connectivity problem and network speed. Never heard of network being slow in the UK unless the person is using P2P or someone is downloading large files on their network

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by tkovie2002(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2012
optionA4: Here is the speed I get in Canada... Nigeria may not be there yet but it is question of time. With this kind of speed browsing is a whole different experience

@Boss I greet ur canadian speed. With determination and Hardwork, Nigeria will be there soon.

I am very sure when the GLO Fibre optic cable comes into full use in Naija, we will unbeatably be the fastest in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by chuksmad(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2012
obasy09:

3000kb/s is not = about 25mb/s
Remember 1mb = 1024 x 1024 bytes
3000 kb/s = about 2.5 mb/s
1024kb/s = 1mb/s
3000kb/s = 3000/1024 = 2.9mb/s
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by Biafrarep(m): 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
This report is factual and i can attest to it, my Etisalat easyblaze is as fast as lightning, this report must have considered Etisalat as a case study but phuck emptyhen, i had to discard their modem out of frustration, those people and their network should be boycotted by Nigerians or better still banned from operating in this country, they are only out to reap and defraud us. I WILL SHOUT IT ON THE ROOFTOPS, THERE IS NO BETTER NETWORK THAN ETISALAT, THEY ARE THE BEST!
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by erico2k2(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
Red-Light:
tkovie...this is my own average speed on mtn nigeria

E don ralize now say Ghana dey learn, all teh mouth wen dem get
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by tkovie2002(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
erico2k2:
E don ralize now say Ghana dey learn, all teh mouth wen dem get

Take it easy bro.. I never said who was 'schooling" and who was "learning". I just posted a screenshot and bro stop hating. Try to post your own screenshots too. This is for educational purposes too. You dont have to turn every thread to a "Nigera Vs Ghana" fight.

BTW Am a full blooded Nigerian (Born and brought up), Just in Ghana for a very short time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by samir101ng(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
Broadband speeds have dramatically increased in Nigeria. As a long time user, we remember the old days when NITEL introduced Dial Up Internet. We used to browse at N20 per min at the only Cyber cafe in town. With the launch of GSM in 2001, things have changed for the better, Yes, there are challenges in terms of consistency and speed across the country but gradually we will reach the promised land. As an avid internet user, i have clocked over 1.2Megabytes per second while downloading from the internet using Internet Download Manager on both MTN and Glo's 3G Networks. Haven't extensively tested Etisalat & Airtel yet. It seems there's more bandwidth in the North as there's less traffic here. Plus, if you are connected to a base station with a fiber link your good to go. Please check out the following threads to see speed test and IDM screenshots showing downloads from users across Nigeria on different networks.

https://www.nairaland.com/581307/what-downloading-now/22

https://www.nairaland.com/507554/strictly-internet-speed-screen-shots/17

https://www.nairaland.com/368044/strictly-internet-speed-screen-shots
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
tkovie2002:

Take it easy bro.. I never said who was 'schooling" and who was "learning". I just posted a screenshot and bro stop hating. Try to post your own screenshots too. This is for educational purposes too. You dont have to turn every thread to a "Nigera Vs Ghana" fight.

BTW Am a full blooded Nigerian (Born and brought up), Just in Ghana for a very short time.
Bro you should try and read meaningfull meanings into ones post B4 commenting on them, first of all, I never copied and paste ur own screen shot, and yes Ghana guys dey make mouth I can say so cos I live side by side with them in london and Nigerians and Ghanians are almost on head to head, you wont know this cos you are in Ghana and whats this stuff bout me posting my screen shot wtf , I live 2 block from the xchange and Im on unlimited broadband from Virgin media, 9ja must we show ourselves all D time eh guy sad sad
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by Hardfact: 6:39am On Dec 21, 2012
Red-Light:

yeah am sure u woulda bein very happy if it had being.. (Nigeria has the slowest internet speed in the world) nigerians.. Choi nawa

If indeed you were in naija you should know better.
Re: Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed by ignis: 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Good news,
This is a welcome development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install / The Best Internet Connection To Use? / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.