Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Marital Rape - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital Rape (27782 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a man to force his wife to have sex with him?

Yes: 16% (34 votes)
No: 83% (172 votes)
This poll has ended

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / ‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Rape by oziomatv(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
I'll try to get one for you so that you stop all this hates on men.
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
Dear or dear, it definately is rape sha, husband or wife, brother or sister, nephew or neice rape is rape cry tongue
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
oziomatv:

I'll recommend a hot sexy successful IGBOMAN with clean naira in his pocket just to cool your brain down.
I guess he has a huge pendulum hanging between his legs.

I know your type, and that is why I won't say much here. Get married first and then,
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2008
babyosisi - the ones that had 20 wives bowing at their feet ?

pls let us learn to respect the rights and choices of others. monogamists always arrogate to themselves the right to disparage polygamous homes. pls if you chose a monogamous marriage, that is your own choice - you should be humble and tolerant enough to respect the rights of others to enter into polygamy. it is their human right as well to make a choice just like you did

that is how pentecostals in nigeria go about destroying shrines of traditional worshippers as if traditional worship is now a crime in nigeria. human sacrifice and human rituals are criminal offences but believing in ogun or amadioha is never a crime. but the pentecostals always believe they have the right to go about interfering with other people's freedom of worship and destroying their shrine. yet the same pentecostals will complain when the muslims burn their churches in the north

let and live. that babyosisi does not believe in polygamy does not mean that other women do not have right to marry polygamists and bow at their feet for life.
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
who are 'the great ones' again for nairaland?

na so seun dey fear? i typed 'the m u s l i m s' in my post above only to see 'the great ones' in my post,

na wa,
Re: Marital Rape by oziomatv(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
delegiwa:

I know your type, and that is why I won't say much here. Get married first and then,

Did you read post before replying?
     Or you jump to answer cause you hate the foto you see?
Re: Marital Rape by blacklion(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi - Was it not the same superhot Funmi that posted lists of Naija hot celebs that physically appeal to him?

r u gay or transgendered? just wondering?

even your syntax is rather aggressive and unfeminine
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
oziomatv:

Did you read post before replying?
     Or you jump to answer cause you hate the foto you see?

My bad!!  The post was not for you my brother but for Hotfunmi. I'm sorry brother if I spooked you.
Re: Marital Rape by oziomatv(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2008
Peace
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Having a huge pendulum does not suffice for knowing how to use it. There is a difference between a surgeon with surgical equipments and a quack like OYB with same equipments.

FYI:
Am an independent woman and will never rely on any man to provide bread for me. All I want is a man that respects me and understands that besides anatomy, there is no difference between a man and a woman. They really need to learn that beside reproduction, there is no job peculiar to peewee or vagina.

I'm yet to fathom your beef with the menfolk. You are still unmarried and you are not getting any younger. I can now see why. Why are u so acidic to men (except to Seun)? The problem you brought to the house is that of married people and yet you take it upon yourself to be the defender of faith for what you know nothing about.

Just to put you in the perspective, I'm a full-blooded Ibo married man who respects his wife's 'on' and 'off' periods. I do have my own 'off' and 'on' periods but the point is that we understand each other perfectly well. But you wouldn't know this cos you are so 'decided' about the fate of a Nigerian man that it doesn't matter to you.

Just get married first, then may be you'll understand. Meanwhile, don't speak of what u know nothing about. Get real sister
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
By Delegiwa,
Just get married first, then may be you'll understand. Meanwhile, don't speak of what u know nothing about. Get real sister
Marriage is no achievement, it rather a fulfilment of God's provision for mankind and is not a must. Just like you are asking me to get married first, I say, get a life first, your soul needs redemption.
Re: Marital Rape by hilli666(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2008
I have a better idea! How about this, if the woman says no, (which she surely has every right to regardless of marriage) Then it is okay for the man to find some one who can fufull his need. An amicable compromise wouldnt you say? and vice versa same apply's to the woman (if the man say no, then she can find somebody to fufill her needs) Alas peace in Nigeria.
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Marriage is no achievement, it rather a fulfilment of God's provision for mankind and is not a must. Just like you are asking me to get married first, I say, get a life first, your soul needs redemption.

Every soul needs redemption. But let me ask: What is the reason behind all these hate? Why are u so warped that you fail to see simple truths by your wayside.

Given that there are men (just as there are women) who do take this sex in marriage thing too far - Yes both men and women, but is that enough for you to say all the bitter stuff you've be spewing on this blog about men? So like I said, get married first and maybe somethings will be clearer to you.

, and I say this with no hard feelings; I THINK YOU HAVE SOME ISSUE WHICH YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF. It is either that or that you just want to be noticed.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2008
and I say this with no hard feelings; I THINK YOU HAVE SOME ISSUE WHICH YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF. It is either that or that you just want to be noticed.
Knock yourself out, babe!
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
ibkaye:

Dear or dear, it definately is rape sha, husband or wife, brother or sister, nephew or neice rape is rape cry tongue

So it is only the husband that rapes the wife and not the other way round
Re: Marital Rape by vincey(m): 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2008
I think a man can only force his wife if there is misunderstanding between them, since there is always a way out to everything. "

But women should cooperate now!!! which one self"
grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by FKseun(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hello Guys
Please don't waste your time replying to dem crazy posts by dem "sexless" creatures. A lot of them are so confused that they even stand up and pee in public places. With what a lot of ladies do these days!? I ain't surprised! A lot of them are contented with their fellow ladies drooling in their private parts that they consider sleeping with the opposite sex irritating. The tone of most of their posts would tell you that they won't have a happy marriage. I wonder what the world is turning into. The way some ladies reason makes one wonder if they are products of a stable home. A big questions!!!!!!
Re: Marital Rape by LadyT(f): 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2008
I think Funmis getting way too much heat here.  At the end of the day rape does happen within marriage it is part of domestic violence.  Why any man would want to force himself on his wife while she screams is beyond me but then again it doesnt some men beat the living hell out of their wives.  Domestic violence has many forms the physical, mental and emotional.

If Hotfunmi sounds like shes mad at men maybe she is lets be honest here!!!

The mind games men and women play are disgusting.  A guy will tell lies to impress, attract, and steal a female.
A woman will do the same, if you are on the recieving end of these lies you end up getting pissed and not trusting anyone.

I will use myself as an example I dont have much trust in men period.  I wont lie it causes problems in my current relationship but thats the way I have been formed by past bastards and believe me it doenst take much.  You just have to be hurt by one person to screw you up for life.

And you African men are among the worst heartbreakers out there
Re: Marital Rape by RichyBlacK(m): 12:34am On Feb 12, 2008
Rape is evil. That's why some guys have sidekicks, if wifey is too tired all the time, just go for a drive/walk to your sidekick.

If it gets too much, then start preparing for a divorce. Men should not take the emotional abuse of being denied sex! Just leave the wicked woman alone.

Only reasonable excuses for no sex when hubby wants it:
1. Health reasons - only physical health, all those psycho-emotional health stuff do not count. She should take her drugs for all those bipolar,
2. Period of grief - only days, not weeks.
3. During her period - not more than four/five days; no problem if she still wants you to hit it
4. Religious reasons - fasting, periodic abstinence, etc. Uninhibited access during down time, i.e. when the fast is temporarily broken.

That's all.

Rape is evil! Men should never rape their wives!
Re: Marital Rape by odiaseo(m): 2:45am On Feb 12, 2008
Re: Marital Rape by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 12, 2008
Babyosisi, you are hereby banned for a completely different reason. let us have peace.

anuofia
Re: Marital Rape by debosky(m): 3:13am On Feb 12, 2008
grin grin

LadyT shooting from the hip as usual! wink

Richy's idea is good if you don't value faithfulness, but it may be the unfortunate alternative if some women don't realise the importance of sex within a marriage relationship. It should NEVER be used as a tool to punish or get back at your spouse.

Rape is wrong wherever it happens, but do not let things get to a stage where a man has to beg his wife to enjoy conjugal benefits. Once you push things beyond the normal ranges, humans become irrational. Prevention is better than cure.

Violence should never be allowed to come in. . .but the root causes - unresolved anger, poor stress management, wrong attitudes towards your spouse and such need to be focused on. Marital rape is just a symptom of an underlying malaise.
Re: Marital Rape by hotfunmi(f): 4:35am On Feb 12, 2008
By Lady T,
I think Funmis getting way too much heat here. At the end of the day rape does happen within marriage it is part of domestic violence. Why any man would want to force himself on his wife while she screams is beyond me but then again it doesnt some men beat the living hell out of their wives. Domestic violence has many forms the physical, mental and emotional.

If Hotfunmi sounds like shes mad at men maybe she is lets be honest here!!!

The mind games men and women play are disgusting. A guy will tell lies to impress, attract, and steal a female.
A woman will do the same, if you are on the recieving end of these lies you end up getting pissed and not trusting anyone.

I will use myself as an example I don't have much trust in men period. I wont lie it causes problems in my current relationship but thats the way I have been formed by past bastards and believe me it doenst take much. You just have to be hurt by one person to screw you up for life.

And you African men are among the worst heartbreakers out there

Women are the only oppressed group in our society that lives in intimate association with their opressors.
Re: Marital Rape by delegiwa(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2008
hotfunmi:

Women are the only oppressed group in our society that lives in intimate association with their opressors.

You are just a Whoooa!!! You do not even sound like a woman rights defender. You rather sound like a disgruntled woman whose heart has been shattered many times due to her "I too know" way of life.
Re: Marital Rape by yemivictor: 8:56am On Feb 12, 2008
delegiwa:

You are just a Whoooa!!! You do not even sound like a woman rights defender. You rather sound like a disgruntled woman whose heart has been shattered many times due to her "I too know" way of life.

ROFL! Abi o!!!

I bet she's been phock'd up one time too many!!!

Perhaps she has a baby with no responsible baby-daddy!!!

The problem with Funmi and many babes of her ilk is that they tend not to discern easily and fall for the sugar-coated mouth guys because of their (Funmi & ilk) innate greed!!! grin

In yoruba, it is called IWOBIA!!! grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by efuah(f): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2008
Still on?

offtopic: oziomatv. . . stop hiding from me o! u know i won. . . so report for my hse straight! grin angry
Re: Marital Rape by Denicest(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2008
LadyT even if you are not married, your Dad is still a man and your brothers are still men too. So stop being insultive. If men think with their D I C K 24/7 then who invented the aircraft? who invented windows and who founded yahoo? The forum you are in was founded by a man. Kindly think with your head next time you decide to be insultive to men who God in His wisdom has made the head of the house. I rest my case. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Marital Rape by Jairzinho(m): 10:29am On Feb 12, 2008
hotfunmi:

FYI:
Am an independent woman and will never rely on any man to provide bread for me. All I want is a man that respects me and  understands that besides anatomy

This is essentially the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary definition of . . . . . . . .JAIRZINHO.  wink
Re: Marital Rape by dee02(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2008
marital rape?!
do u mean shagging one's wife by force or by right?! grin grin grin
Re: Marital Rape by Pennywise(m): 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
Denicest:

LadyT even if you are not married, your Dad is still a man and your brothers are still men too. So stop being insultive. If men think with their D I C K 24/7 then who invented the aircraft? who invented windows and who founded yahoo? The forum you are in was founded by a man. Kindly think with your head next time you decide to be insultive to men who God in His wisdom has made the head of the house. I rest my case. Have a wonderful day.

Denicest, you have to stop being abusive towards women so you don't scare them from this thread. Because we need them. Stretch the imagination a bit and think of a world without women. One big dry world that even you cannot have.

This discourse is hardly about superiority between man and woman. Neither is it about systemic oppression of women. There have been numerous NGOs created by opportunity seeking folks that have tried to wipe up sentiments and create imaginary divide so they can reap from it. It hasn't worked any where from Saudi to North America back to Africa. So ambitious folks like Hotfunmi need to think twice as they toy with pet NGO.

Clearly before an issue like marital rape arises, the marriage is already dead. Bury it and move on.
Re: Marital Rape by 1stestees(m): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2008
me think the most qualified set of people to talk about this are the married ones.
I guess we have emphasised more on the wrong word here; rape!
In marriage, i find it difficult to believe that a man will RAPE his wife. someone with whom he will spend the rest of his night nd even his life,
I may agree with you if you say the man gets his way by "toasting" his wiffy even when she is not in the mood.
However, it is equally a crime, a marital criminal crime for a woman to deny her husband of his right when he demands for it.
women know how they do this.  grin
You ddon'thave to scare the single ladies in the house.
Men are not that horrible especially when you are legitimately married.
Re: Marital Rape by hafees: 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2008
The simple truth is it is wrong for any husband to forcefully sleep with his wife. if she says no, go and take a cold bath/hug the pillow/go and do it outside if u must. i dont think not having sex just one night will kill u. although i feel for guys who have to constantly beg their wife cus the little wants to punish him/ or she is simply frigid.

the holy Quaran says we should knock at our wives door before entery, that is it must be with her consent, the holy book also says it is wrong for women/men to deny themselves sex as they are both blankets for each other.

on a personal note, sometimes even when i come home very late from office and very tired, if my wife wants it i give it to her and tell her not to expect a super performance and she understands, same goes forher on a day she's tired and i couldnt be made to understand why i should sleep without doing it, she gives in and i dont expect much. there are many good days we are both Hot it its great, and some times we sleep just hugging, and sometimes if she's tired i just go to sleep, im letting out all these becasue  there should be no need for rape.

the man who rapes his wife is sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Officers Killed By Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Man Robbed By Men Wearing Suits On Third Mainland Bridge / Ajayi Johnson: Soldier Who Killed Keke Driver In Abia Sent To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.