Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization (2394 Views)

Aisha Jumia Alhassan Exposed - Minister To Be / Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. / Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by nanomole: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2012
Reps charge Oduah to sustain airport modernization
Our Reporter November 28, 2012 No Comments »
By UCHE USIM

The House of Representatives, on Tuesday in Abuja, charged the Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah, to sustain the current tempo aimed at modernizing airports in the country. The lower chamber also commended the ministry’s capital budget performance for 2012 fiscal year, saying it ranks amongst the best in the country.

Chairperson of the House Committee on Aviation, Rep. Nkiruka Onyejeocha, who made the position of the House known during the 2013 Budget defence by the ministry, yesterday, said after inspecting the reconstruction and remodelling works of airport terminals across the country, the House was very satisfied with the quality of work and pace of transformation of the sector since the minister assumed office a little over a year ago.

“The Aviation Ministry surpassed other ministries in terms of capital budget implementation for the 2012 fiscal year. The transformation of our airport terminals by the minister is phenomenal and highly commendable,” she said. Onyejeocha called for the early and improved implementation of the 2013 Appropriation Act, which she believes will be passed into law by the National Assembly before the end of the year, assuring that the speaker, the leadership and the entire members of the House are, and will continue to be solidly behind the minister in its dream to leave of a legacy of visible and tangible transformation of the sector.

“The Speaker, the leadership and the entire members of the House are very happy with the work you are doing in the sector. We assure you of our continued cooperation and support because we all have the interest of the sector at heart. “We also believe the growth and development of the Nigerian economy is also tied to the growth and development of the aviation sector.

The economy will not perform well if the aviation sector fails to do well, so we want the sector to be rated as the first in terms of its contribution to the national economy,” the chairperson stated. She, however, insisted that the high tempo of development and transformation of the sector witnessed in 2013 must be improved upon and sustained throughout the 2013 capital budget implementation. “Keep doing what you are doing and remain focused..

The Speaker and the National Assembly assure you that we are solidly behind you and will give you all necessary support and cooperation in order to enable you perform better in the coming year”, the chairperson declared. In her brief remarks, Aviation Minister Oduah, thanked the leadership and members of the National Assembly for the support and cooperation given to the ministry since she came on board, stressing that little or nothing could have been achieved without their solid backing and encouragement.

She reiterated the fact that the aviation sector is pivotal to the economic growth of the nation, and assured that she and her team in the ministry, working in concert with the National Assembly as one family will not disappoint the nation. “We can assure you that we will strive to accomplish and surpass our achievements in 2012 next year”, she stated.

She stated that with 66 per cent of its capital vote released so far, the ministry has implemented and utilised 65 per cent. she said the ministry hopes to complete the second phase of the remodelling projects by the second quarter of 2013’ The minister, who said the theme of the 2013 budget in the ministry is “ Facilities and Infrastructural development and upgrade”, declared that greater attention would be focused on the rehabilitation of safety infrastructure like airfield lighting, fire hydrants, landing instruments, navigational aids, security, amongst others in 2013.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/reps-charge-oduah-to-sustain-airport-modernization/
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by nanomole: 5:06am On Nov 28, 2012
A clear example of the many differences between Igbo and Yoruba: one is competent and excels by sheer personal effort, the other is incompetence and gets by only with man-know-man strategy.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by geez1: 5:44am On Nov 28, 2012
Someone gets up from bed and the first thing you can post for the day is this? I know you can't be sacked because you don't have a job neither can you sack because you don't own a business. You're an unemployable retard

1 Like

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by azpekuliar: 5:44am On Nov 28, 2012
Hehehehehehehe... cheesy

No comments.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Lawconfessor(f): 6:04am On Nov 28, 2012
@op,
Dis ur headline is rather too conc.
I beg try dilute am
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Crayola1: 6:06am On Nov 28, 2012
geez*:
Someone gets up from bed and the first thing you can post for the day is this? I know you can't be sacked because you don't have a job neither can you sack because you don't own a business. You're an unemployable retard

Ok ooo, you made a similar backhanded remark in the reverse so all fair in tribalism tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by okosodo: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Op you are a bigot , i do not support bigotry, even though i love d ibos, i do not support bigotic statements like this heading
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by felifeli: 6:28am On Nov 28, 2012
SMH same people who will call Seun a bigot for deleting clearly m.oronic posts. Ndigbo I hail you. Kedu.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 28, 2012
@nanomole..,I'm Igbo too but I think this your thread is unnecessary. I implore all Igbos to take Achebe's criticism and advice in his latest book-There was a country- seriously. Achebe criticised Igbos for “hubris, overweening PRIDE and THOUGHTLESSNESS, which invite ENVY and HATRED or even worse that can OBSESS the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of CRUDE SHOWINESS.”
He added that “contemporary Igbo behavior can offend by its NOISY exhibitionism and disregard for HUMILITY and QUIETNESS".
I laughed when I saw your thread but some other Nigerians may not find it funny. Kindly, modify the heading by removing the Yoruba and Igbo. Success speaks for itself and need not be announced.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by seunfly: 6:34am On Nov 28, 2012
I tought we ve moved beyond this in NL, so some peaple still have this kind of brain. Well goodluck to you.
Did you think i give a fuvck about who the president praise or appoint, in as much as the presido's decision will better the life of average Nigerians, put food on their table, inprove their medical accesibility, provide jobs for the unemploye, provide road to our villages etc
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by seunfly: 6:40am On Nov 28, 2012
seunfly: I tought we ve moved beyond this in NL, so some peaple still have this kind of brain. Well goodluck to you.
Did you think i give a fuvck about who the president praise or appoint, in as much as the presido's decision will better the life of average Nigerians, put food on their table, inprove their medical accesibility, provide jobs for the unemploye, provide road to our villages etc
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by abbeycial: 6:42am On Nov 28, 2012
maybe d yoruba lady refused to sleep wit some perverts who seems to b in d realm of affairs lyk dis... Ofcourse i knw d ibo chick wld gladly give ha clitoris/honey fortress to dem for safe keep. just saying! and pls pardon ma opinion but its true as in first hand experience

2 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by texazzpete(m): 7:02am On Nov 28, 2012
nanomole: A clear example of the many differences between Igbo and Yoruba: one is competent and excels by sheer personal effort, the other is incompetence and gets by only with man-know-man strategy.

Have you or the slowpoke in the House of Reps inspected the quality of work done at the new GAT terminal in Lagos before babbling about 'competence'?

Clear case of Stockholm Syndrome. Such SHODDY and ABYSMAL work is what this buffoon in the House is lauding...at least he's paid to be a sycophant. What is your excuse?!
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Iaz93: 7:03am On Nov 28, 2012
WTF is this?!?
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 28, 2012
abbeycial: maybe d yoruba lady refused to sleep wit some perverts who seems to b in d realm of affairs lyk dis... Ofcourse i knw d ibo chick wld gladly give ha clitoris/honey fortress to dem for safe keep. just saying! and pls pardon ma opinion but its true as in first hand experience

C'mon dude, I think we all know the most promiscious tribe in nigeria. They are also regarded as the filtiest one.
And I have firsthandsssss experience.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by slimming: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2012
I will respect any minister who can give us a national carrier.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by younglad007(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2012
Early mor mor and una don start wit dis tribalism nonsense
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by younglad007(m): 7:34am On Nov 28, 2012
slimming: I will respect any minister who can give us a national carrier.
guy no worry own national carrier dey come,its just a matta of time
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2012
younglad007: Early mor mor and una don start wit dis tribalism nonsense

I know I hate it too, but I just had to defend my people.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by thirdeye(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2012
Going by the developments I've seen in our airports nationwide, I think the woman is doing a commendable job.
Meanwhile Seun if you are reading this I think is high time tribalistic comments are prohibited, it does not only derail the thread, but discourages people that has sound arguments from commenting, this site unfortunately is gradually been taken over by charllatans that must comment on every thread.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by justsayemma(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2012
2 mov forward as a nation,we shud try,tho is nt easy ,2 mov above ethnic lines.tins shud b judged on merit,nt by ethnicity or religion.@ op,u shud b ashamed of urslf.

1 Like

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by dgitrader(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2012
@poster....isnt ur bigotry of the highest order? if u believe she's doing well, why bring in ethnic bashing into it. this is so sad for the nigeria youths of today. i challenge u to post something about the minister of agriculture and ask urself if ur premise on the other tribe is logical at all. pls change ur mindset for ur own good... it determines what goes on around u. all other ethnic warriors should take note too. we should stop living in the past
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by babzynkyahoocom(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Why wouldn't they commend her effort? After an offer of jambouree tour of China and US which they shamefully declined because the cries from the people which was latter grabed by the senators. Ofcourse some naira must have sunk their pockets for that hesitation...shine your eyez
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by yuzedo: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2012
I was going to bash that Oduah thief woman earlier, but by chance i had to be at the Lagos airport this morning. The General Aviation Terminal (which Arik uses) has been rebuilt in months! Pretty wowed, i must confess. Went down to MMIA which i frequent and it is still the same shit-hole! undecided Sub-standard facilities, no consideration in the design for the disabled, equipment either non-existent or in a state of disrepair, MMIA is a national embarrassment. angry

But kudos for the work on the GAT, i can imagine how much money has been stolen from the inflation of contracts and other sharp practices. undecided
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Dede1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2012
Nigerians are very forgetful indeed. I shall not blame OP on the tribal taunt because it was not long ago when the same minister of aviation was accused of tribalism for trying to make a certain airport in Nigeria accessible to international travelers. Everything in Nigeria is tribal and could only being denied by those who have their heads buried in the sand.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by ibnquasale(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
the present aviation minister is the worst thing that has ever happened to that sector. guys, u need to be there to see things clearly. what they are giving people on the outside is what we call "OBUBU YAYA - The more you look, the less you see"

I sincerely pity this nation!
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by ibnquasale(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2012
Dede1: Nigerians are very forgetful indeed. I shall not blame OP on the tribal taunt because it was not long ago when the same minister of aviation was accused of tribalism for trying to make a certain airport in Nigeria accessible to international travelers. Everything in Nigeria is tribal and could only being denied by those who have their heads buried in the sand.

You are very correct. The Minister, Permanent Secretary, Nama MD, FAAN except for NCAA are all from a single tribe, and u need to see how they are running the industry as a personal business... i am not one of those that supports tribalism; i am just an advocate of good service provision and governance which the aviation industry lacks presently because of individuals who would do anything to get to the top.....
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Guk: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
nanomole: Reps charge Oduah to sustain airport modernization
Our Reporter November 28, 2012 No Comments »
By UCHE USIM

The House of Representatives, on Tuesday in Abuja, charged the Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah, to sustain the current tempo aimed at modernizing airports in the country. The lower chamber also commended the ministry’s capital budget performance for 2012 fiscal year, saying it ranks amongst the best in the country.

Chairperson of the House Committee on Aviation, Rep. Nkiruka Onyejeocha, who made the position of the House known during the 2013 Budget defence by the ministry, yesterday, said after inspecting the reconstruction and remodelling works of airport terminals across the country, the House was very satisfied with the quality of work and pace of transformation of the sector since the minister assumed office a little over a year ago.

“The Aviation Ministry surpassed other ministries in terms of capital budget implementation for the 2012 fiscal year. The transformation of our airport terminals by the minister is phenomenal and highly commendable,” she said. Onyejeocha called for the early and improved implementation of the 2013 Appropriation Act, which she believes will be passed into law by the National Assembly before the end of the year, assuring that the speaker, the leadership and the entire members of the House are, and will continue to be solidly behind the minister in its dream to leave of a legacy of visible and tangible transformation of the sector.

“The Speaker, the leadership and the entire members of the House are very happy with the work you are doing in the sector. We assure you of our continued cooperation and support because we all have the interest of the sector at heart. “We also believe the growth and development of the Nigerian economy is also tied to the growth and development of the aviation sector.

The economy will not perform well if the aviation sector fails to do well, so we want the sector to be rated as the first in terms of its contribution to the national economy,” the chairperson stated. She, however, insisted that the high tempo of development and transformation of the sector witnessed in 2013 must be improved upon and sustained throughout the 2013 capital budget implementation. “Keep doing what you are doing and remain focused..

The Speaker and the National Assembly assure you that we are solidly behind you and will give you all necessary support and cooperation in order to enable you perform better in the coming year”, the chairperson declared. In her brief remarks, Aviation Minister Oduah, thanked the leadership and members of the National Assembly for the support and cooperation given to the ministry since she came on board, stressing that little or nothing could have been achieved without their solid backing and encouragement.

She reiterated the fact that the aviation sector is pivotal to the economic growth of the nation, and assured that she and her team in the ministry, working in concert with the National Assembly as one family will not disappoint the nation. “We can assure you that we will strive to accomplish and surpass our achievements in 2012 next year”, she stated.

She stated that with 66 per cent of its capital vote released so far, the ministry has implemented and utilised 65 per cent. she said the ministry hopes to complete the second phase of the remodelling projects by the second quarter of 2013’ The minister, who said the theme of the 2013 budget in the ministry is “ Facilities and Infrastructural development and upgrade”, declared that greater attention would be focused on the rehabilitation of safety infrastructure like airfield lighting, fire hydrants, landing instruments, navigational aids, security, amongst others in 2013.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/reps-charge-oduah-to-sustain-airport-modernization/

Complete Dullards!!!! An industry falling apart and they are praising a misfit of a Minister.
Airport modernisation is poor....very poor. No functional toilets!!! Conveyor belts tear suitcases!! Ticket to Abuja cost an average of 29,000. Airline collects 14,000; Govt pockets 15,000 and also collects 1,000 passenger service charge on top of it. International airline sells ticket to lodon for 185,000, govt collects 97,000 out of it and then National assembly and minister of aviation turn round and accuse BA & Virgin of high prices. Complete Hypocrites.

At the rate we are going, we would have more airports than planes in nigeria, mark my word. Fed govt wants to build airport in every state

1 Like

Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by ibnquasale(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Guk:

Complete Dullards!!!! An industry falling apart and they are praising a misfit of a Minister.
Airport modernisation is poor....very poor. No functional toilets!!! Conveyor belts tear suitcases!! Ticket to Abuja cost an average of 29,000. Airline collects 14,000; Govt pockets 15,000 and also collects 1,000 passenger service charge on top of it. International airline sells ticket to lodon for 185,000, govt collects 97,000 out of it and then National assembly and minister of aviation turn round and accuse BA & Virgin of high prices. Complete Hypocrites.

At the rate we are going, we would have more airports than planes in nigeria, mark my word. Fed govt wants to build airport in every state

pls help me and tell them.
Re: Reps Charge Aviation Minister To Sustain Airport Modernization by Ovularia: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Abdusallam Abubakar & Stella Oduah Indicted In N230B Oil Scam

A former Head of State, General Abdusallam Abubakar [rtd] is now battling to escape possible trials after being indicted by the Report of House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy just as a serving minister in President Goodluck’s Jonathan administration, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah is under pressure to resign from the cabinet following the indictment of her oil firm by the committee.

“Daily Post” gathered from competent sources that Oduah who is the Federal Minister for Aviation is a major shareholder of one of the indicted oil companies, Sea Petroleum and Gas Company Limited [SPG] which jointly collected a whooping sum of N230,184 billion on Premium Motor Spirit [PMS] volume of 3,262,960225, liters but which was not supplied SPG, sources said was registered on May 3rd, 1998 “to carry on the business of licensed bunkering of petroleum and other mineral oil in all its branches”. SPG’s registration number is 221250 while it has three other Directors apart from Stella Oduah, Erotomi Buwa and Elizabeth Stewart.

Sources at the Corporate Affairs Commission [CAC] further disclosed that Oduah owns 1,999,000,000 out of the two billion shares are being held by the three other directors.

Also, the former Head of State, Genera Abubakar [Rtd] who is the major shareholder in Maizube Petroleum Limited is indicted with the report.

Abubakar holds 600,000 shares in the company registered in 2003 with a one million share capital. Maizube has two other Directors namely Abubakar Isah and Abubakar Aminu.

It was gathered that the leadership of the House of Representatives is desperately pushing for the implementation of the committee report and has allegedly sent copies of the report to the presidency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC], Police and State Security Services [SSS]..

However, it was further gathered that the President is under pressure from his advisers to relieve the Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah of her appointment in order to protect the integrity of his administration.

Sources disclosed that Jonathan is worried by the involvement of the minister and influential Nigerians in the Oil subsidy scandals, which according to the sources had brought panic to the President’s mind on how to dismiss the Minister.

The sources added that the indicted Head of State is buzzing all contracts to forestall the implementation of the oil subsidy report; the powerful Nigerians have allegedly reached out to the Presidency pleading that the action be withheld on the committee’s report on the basis that the committee was vindictive and not thorough in its investigation.

Abubakar have also allegedly reached out to friends in the House of Representatives and those from his state and the six geopolitical zones to block the committee’s report at publicizing the report until they find away to obviate their purported indictment.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/23/n230b-oil-scam-ex-head-state-serving-minister-indicted-seek-refuge-aso-rock/

(1) (Reply)

China, Nigeria Sign Multi-billion-dollar Rail Contract / Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) / Breaking News:Federal Government Lifts Embargo On Employment Of Resident Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.