Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,711 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 (6213 Views)

Reps Only Spent 107 Days In Plenary In 2012 / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word / The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by kingsceemark(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2012
kollybay4u: Can that one reduce the price of beans from market. Mtcheeeee
If you no fit buy a cup of beans because of dis story, dat means say you and your family are cursed. Mtchewww
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by taharqa: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2012
ypzilanti:

NOI is partly responsible for the subsidy fraud because she did not uncover the massive fraud in the sector until Nigerians yelled 'FOUL!'. That is a huge oversight on her part. Also, she is virtually the prime minister of Nigeria with the tag 'co-ordinating minister' implying that she supervises our lack luster team of ineffective political jobbers masquerading as ministers. She can start by applying pressure on the minister of works to get on with infrastructure works already. All the achievements you list above are a few percentage points here or there. We need radical cuts in public spending on inefficient civil servants. A mass purge of dead wood and transparent recruitment of young graduates and professionals from the private sector is needed. she is moving at the slow pace of her Oga Jonathan. She should resign if he refuses to move at a fast enough pace.
Smtimes I just look at sm of you chaps running yr mouth around and i 'smile'...this was yr response to that guy's post: 'few percentage point..'
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by taharqa: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2012
ypzilanti:

NOI is partly responsible for the subsidy fraud because she did not uncover the massive fraud in the sector until Nigerians yelled 'FOUL!'. That is a huge oversight on her part. Also, she is virtually the prime minister of Nigeria with the tag 'co-ordinating minister' implying that she supervises our lack luster team of ineffective political jobbers masquerading as ministers. She can start by applying pressure on the minister of works to get on with infrastructure works already. All the achievements you list above are a few percentage points here or there. We need radical cuts in public spending on inefficient civil servants. A mass purge of dead wood and transparent recruitment of young graduates and professionals from the private sector is needed. she is moving at the slow pace of her Oga Jonathan. She should resign if he refuses to move at a fast enough pace.
Smtimes I just look at sm of you chaps running yr mouth around and i 'smile'...this was yr response to that guy's post: 'few percentage point..' in deed
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Ikwerefistson: 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
KINGwax: The people who said this probably weren't thinkin straight!
ya its absolute nonsence becos pasuma wondr name no dey.hm yoruba acept say ibos pas una

1 Like

Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Ikwerefistson: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
kollybay4u: Can that one reduce the price of beans from market. Mtcheeeee
long,throat,na food go kil u
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by nagoma(m): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
I wonder what Okonjo -Iweala is thinking about. No body in Nigeria knows.She must be keeping it to herself.
At least Achebe has always been a thinker except fotr his recent senile paranoid delusions captured and made into a book.
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Dede1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Abali1: I don't know about Iweala, but if you ask me I think the other Nigerian Alive who should be on that list apart from Achebe is WOLE SOYINKA.
I am Igbo, but I respect Kongi more than I do Achebe, even though am in awe whenever I come across Achebe's work.

But in the Nigeria that I grew up, Soyinka as well as Gani Fawehenmi, of blessed memories, are the great thinkers Nigeria has ever produced. Radicals who are not afraid to speak the truth.

Radicalism is not a thinker’s forte. Also, incessant and useless political demonstrations good enough to instigate public nuisance do not constitute into qualities that form a thinker. As a person, I do have utmost respect for Wole Soyinka as a man who acts on the whims of his convictions.
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Ononeze(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
what do u mean by runs woman? we seem to have lost our morals really. How can someone who has not achieved anything apart from a couple of NL posts be calling NOI a "runs woman"? I was brought up to know that u don't insult other peoples' parents, especially where you know you can never match any of NOI's children.

U see the examples of the systemic decay in our society? U see the failure of parenthood? U see where we are failing even in having a conscience? People just run their mouths only on Nairaland and its accepted as okay. I don't know who trained "cyril83" but u have to help yourself to change the way u think. #fact.

(Quote) (Report) 9 Likes (Like)

I disagree with Cyril83 post which is grossly insulting as most of us who cannot express ourselves in good modern day English comes out here on NL to criticize. Most daft who cannot even express themselves well at spoken English let alone writing a comprehensive cover letter calls Okonjo Iwealla, who has carved her name in GOLD in the scheme of things in this planet, all sorts of names like a shame, runs woman, etc. I am sorry for you because you are not thinking well. Ask your mother where she was when Okonjo Iwealla was going to school in the US and made 1st Class. The trend continues as you are here talking rubbish while her kids are studying in the US and graduating in 1st Class soonest they will start ruling you. Shameless bottom holes.
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Crayola1: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
nagoma: I wonder what Okonjo -Iweala is thinking about. No body in Nigeria knows.She must be keeping it to herself.
At least Achebe has always been a thinker except fotr his recent senile paranoid delusions captured and made into a book.

And yet a paranoid man still is three times the man you are cheesy
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Ononeze(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
At least Achebe has always been a thinker except for his recent senile paranoid delusions captured and made into a book.

Nagoma or whatever you call yourself I am using this medium to let you no that you are grossly irresponsible and without good moral values and upbringing to make such derogatory statements about Achebes book. One of the fastest selling books in the world today.
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by jawjaw1: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
ypzilanti:

When we get a president of that mould, all nigerians will sit up and know that the music has just changed.

I totally agree with you
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
Chima_Adeoye: Her driving idea: African countries can’t hope to develop economically until they get their institutions in order.
why do most of us beleive that a person is working only when the results are immidiate? whatever happened to to long term development? well, the article made it clear that she is thinking on long term institutional development. and building strong institutions has been elusive in the Nigerian society. So I'll give it to her anyday.
As for Achebe, he merited it.
Re: Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 by Akwusike: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
Chai! One hit point here o 75% of 15million pple live on less or eqaul #160 per day GOD of israel..anoda name of malawi na 'poorico' nigerians no go there o. I don't care abt d trash of who made top list of world thinkers or wateva u call it its sentimental or rather induced compilations or eyeseekers...think nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aboki Sells Suya To Dr. Joe Abah With His Face On It, He Reacts / FG Strained To Meet 650m Barrels Target Over Crude-backed Loans / Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.