Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? (865 Views)

Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church? / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." - Matthew 5:13

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." - Matthew 5:14

The Nigerian physical church has derailed in purpose and completely lost it's moral direction and purpose in this temporary world.

People need a good role model in society to enable them attain to a good quality of life, spiritually , morally and physically.

Unfortunately , the Nigerian 'church' has failed to provide this support and has instead gone awhoring after other gods. These are the gods of fame, status and money. The church surprisingly pursues these things harder than the gentile world. Success in the church is also measured not on the quality of discipleship and disciples but on material success.

In the church you will find greed , sexual perversion , encouragement to covet by any means, fraud, hypocrisy and all manner of evil. The whole body is rotten and stinks of evil and wickedness.

Therefore the land is full of darkness, people are stumbling around and walking like blind men and women with no real purpose or aim in life than to gratify the desires of the flesh. The church leads the nation to the abyss of despair and ruin.

It is time for the remnant to stand up and shake off the sin and wickedness from their lives and begin to sound the trumpet. It is time overdue , something has to be done.

People are dying like flies, the economy is in ruins, students are now part-time armed robbers and rapists and the politicians carry on doing what they know how to do best , stealing.

Who will speak up, will you or me, or will the church rise up to the task it has been called to ?

Wake up church before it gets worse. Wake up and speak up.

Stop worshipping your citadels of 'excellence' , stop bowing before your over-exalted MOG, let us go to JESUS and repent of our sins, asking for renewed strength and grace to face the current challenges.

"for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." - Ephesians 5:14

Peace !!
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Goshen360(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
A call to divine order. I am beginning to have a re-think to return with home based ministry. Righteousness exalts a nation. Before kingdoms change, men MUST change. Unchanged men in and out wanting to change a nation shocked

Nice thread Frosbel.
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Nigerian church?

lol......as if Nigerian churches are doing anything different from their overseas counterparts.

The problem is christianity.

Why not deal with the way christianity came to Nigeria and its overall effects instead of your myopic view of the problem?

1 Like

Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Zikkyy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
Goshen360:
I am beginning to have a re-think to return with home based ministry.

If you need anybody to assist in handling the offering plate or box, i am available smiley
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Goshen360(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
Zikkyy:

If you need anybody to assist in handling the offering plate or box, i am available smiley

Ahh, Oga mi. Na there wahala go start o....because "offering" will never be preached under my leadership before some people come tell us say "tithe and offering" goes together.... grin. Aside, whatever is collected as part of sharing among the believers will be used for building ourselves because many church centers collect offerings to spend on physical buildings rather than on the people, and you know the church is the people not the building.

This is how the NT church grows and operates. As for offering plates, I can't see where the NT church is instructed to pass offering plates around.....I'm sorry to disappoint you in that aspect but I can appoint you as chief accountant by the power invested on me. I think that will do if you are not asking too much sha, lolz......grin cool
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by plaetton: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
Its all in the genes.
bad dna = bad species.

Fraudulently contrived religion = fraudulently disposed priesthoods = fraudulently disposed followership.

Its just a vicious cycle.
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Zikkyy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
Goshen360:
As for offering plates, I can't see where the NT church is instructed to pass offering plates around.....I'm sorry to disappoint you in that aspect but I can appoint you as chief accountant by the power invested on me. I think that will do if you are not asking too much sha, lolz......grin cool

No offering plate! shocked I am not interested. Make i go apply for Joagbaje church abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Zikkyy:

No offering plate! shocked I am not interested. Make i go apply for Joagbaje church abeg grin
Na offering pot and tank dem dey use there.. Carry wheelbarrow go...
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2012
Zikkyy:

musKeeto:
Na offering pot and tank dem dey use there.. Carry wheelbarrow go...

grin grin grin
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by tobechi74: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
Logicboy03: Nigerian church?

lol......as if Nigerian churches are doing anything different from their overseas counterparts.

The problem is christianity.

Why not deal with the way christianity came to Nigeria and its overall effects instead of your myopic view of the problem?

if xtianity, is d problem, why dont u tackle d problem instead of runin away from d problem and becomin an atheist.

Only a coward runs from his problem.hence my question ARE ATHEIST COWARDS?
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
tobechi74:

if xtianity, is d problem, why dont u tackle d problem instead of runin away from d problem and becomin an atheist.

Only a coward runs from his problem.hence my question ARE ATHEIST COWARDS?

see this dumbazz. who is running away? is that why you think I'm an atheist?

The fact that I'm criticising christianity and islam here is nothing abi?
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
It does not end well.. this thread
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: It does not end well.. this thread

How can it end well when that kid with a poor upbringing , keeps defacing threads and trolling all over the place cheesy
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
frosbel:

How can it end well when that kid with a poor upbringing , keeps defacing threads and trolling all over the place cheesy

Later you will be on your knees like a good christian begging for forgiveness for insulting my parents

grin grin
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by truthislight: 7:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

see this dumbazz. who is running away? is that why you think I'm an atheist?

The fact that I'm criticising christianity and islam here is nothing abi?

it is necessary to criticise religion.

Their excesses are too much.
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by truthislight: 7:21am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Later you will be on your knees like a good christian begging for forgiveness for insulting my parents

grin grin

my apology on his behalf.

Lol on this two opposite.
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
truthislight:

grin grin
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
truthislight:

don't apologise on my behalf. wink

I meant what I said .
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2012
frosbel:

don't apologise on my behalf. wink

I meant what I said .

Didnt you apologise for insulting my parents once? Now you question my upbringing again?

Seriously, is everything okay with you? Do you need some counselling? I can help
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Didnt you apologise for insulting my parents once? Now you question my upbringing again?

Seriously, is everything okay with you? Do you need some counselling? I can help

You can only judge a product by it's quality !
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
frosbel:

You can only judge a product by it's quality !

Why didnt you say manufacturer?

Wouldnt that be a better and more apt fallacy?
Re: Is The Nigerian Church The Cause Of The Mess In The Country Today ? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why didnt you say manufacturer?

Wouldnt that be a better and more apt fallacy?

and that as well !!

(1) (Reply)

Atheism And Mass Murder / An Atheist Professor & His Student Discussion On The Existance Of God And Faith / I Need Spiritual Help From Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.