Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Mercy Killing : " I Killed My Friend To Give Him Peace" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mercy Killing : " I Killed My Friend To Give Him Peace" (1494 Views)

Man Stabs Friend To Death For Sleeping With His Wife / Mechanic Stabs Friend To Death Over Ex-girlfriend / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Killing : " I Killed My Friend To Give Him Peace" by eldoradoxx: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Joseph Akindele, a middle aged man left people's mouth agape when he confessed killing his friend Mufutau to relieve him of the persistent pain and agony he was going through due to an undisclosed ailment, affirming that "Mufutau is now happy in death". Akindele was arrested with a bag containing the skull and other remains of the deceased by a team of patrol officers in Badagry area of Lagos State. In his written statement to the police, he said " I am a tout. I live under the Gbaji/ Iyafin bridge at Badagry with Muftau. I don't have a means of livelihood and that's why I live under the bridge. I work as agbero (tout) at motor park; there I get money to feed. Muftau has been living under the bridge but he was always sick and there was no money to go to hospital. He was suffering too much because his sickness will not go. We didn't have money for treatment, so after watching him in pathetic state, I decided to put a stop to it by killing him with sharp cutlass. So he can rest from the pains he was going through" ........ }. This brings to bear the level of poverty in Nigeria, a man is sick perhaps of very simple illness but cannot get medicare, his insane friend thinks mercy killing is the way out. How did he know life was no longer what living? Would he likely be charged for murder or manslaughter . What is the moral/ legal view of euthanasia/ mercy killing in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Know How BOKO HARAM Penetrates Government And Military Security? / Yahoo Boy-tosin Samuel Ojo Ajiboye Aka "Josh Burke" / Curruption Exposed. This FRSC Officer Estorted Money From Me. I Caught Him On FB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.