Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? (33199 Views)

Jim Iyke, Dbanj Who Rocked The Denim On Denim Better? / 2face Vs Davido:Who Rocks The N1million Gold Encrusted Sneakers Better?(pics / 2face Vs Pasuma (in Terms Of English Speaking Who Is The Best) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fiercehillz(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2012
Lyrics....2face
Albums...2face
Int'lly..d'banj
Biggest Hit single...2face
Record sales...2face
Downloads....d'banj
Media hype/promo...d'banj
Collabos...2face
Stage performance...d'banj
Inspiration...2face
Charisma....d'banj
Videos...d'banj
Fan base...9ja(2face) int'l(d'banj)
Awards...2face
Humility...2face
Management...d'banj
Talent(entertainment)...2face
Talent(music)...2face
Wealth...d'banj
Endorsement...d'banj
Relationship with colleagues...2face
Consistency...2face
Most respected...2face
You can add yours...abeg no partial o

9 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
D'banj is now the bigger star. But 2face sabi sing pass him.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by mrrock: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
If you're talking of who is a better musician it's 2face of course!. But if you're talking about who is a bigger star that's debatable.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
Tuface oo, although Dbanj make sense too

Dem dey craze aaaa..lol grin
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by safarigirl(f): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
fittty: None!!!! angry

Point of correction you should change the topic to "LOCAL STAR"
Neither Tuface or De'banj's music has ever been on the Billboard or even been on 106&park countdown so why regard them as Stars??
Now who do u call as a star?
An artist who's music is listened to worldwide, Artist who gets the attention of people different from his/her own tribe/country. You are only regarded as a star when you travel out of your home country for a show, get to the airport and have FOREIGNERS wait for you at the airport to take a pic and chase after your tour bus. Now take a look at Psy(Gangnam Style) that's who you regard as a Star overnight, when u have the world listening to your music then you're regarded as a star and not some local sh*t....
GHANA, SA, NAMIBIA, BRITAIN, CONGO, ANGOLA, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE, have these places become LGA's in Nigeria? These men are hounded there, are they not foreign countries with foreigners? What BS are you and your cohorts saying? 'local' stars, where? They're headliners in INTERNATIONAL concerts, you should get out of your cave once in a while bro. @OP, Tu baba is bigger than D'banj as for general influence, but as for youtube views, FB & Twitter followers, concerts, awards, present rave of the moment, D'banj takes it, but P-square will dust em both, plus record sales. Like afam said, it's Tu baba, P square, D'banj, even Davido acknowledged that in his song 'ALL OF YOU'

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
Turbocharged:

All these "good 4 nuttin" analysts sef.
JUST SEE WETIN PERSON WRITE.

and what do u have to say?
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by tomakint: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
bbulldog: U should b comparing d'banj wit d likes of sunny ade, ebenezar obey ....because dbanj is not into hiphop again.. So 2baba remain d 1 and only kingkong!!!
Why are you saying this now? Stop blaspheming, D what with the likes of Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey? Son, how old are you? Let's start from there first....

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by shegsrules(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
wen bennie man was at his peak 2face did feature him n if any of u did follow up on nmva 2010,dbang n geneviev did present him wit d legendary award n on d stage mix of dj khalid takin ova he was d only nigerian on 2 free flow. Let's hail 2baba joor

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
seedord247:

Do you go to night school?

These guys control africa and some part of europe with their music and you said they are not international... 90% of of akata's that i have meet know the song "African Queen" bcus it was played in phat girls and oliver twist is used to advertise one alcohol drink like that on BET and Trutv....

which kind akata be dat? the ones wey dey roll with all those yoruba boyz for jand abi? undecided
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by shegsrules(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
for oliver twist even him knw say 2baba na d man na y him mention him name,any day any tym 2baba is an inspirational singer n not a dance hall singer

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by IleIfe2(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva: 2face and D'Banj should never be in the same sentence. 2face takes the cake as he's a role model for people like D'Banj and a lot of other artists. It's 2face first, Psquare second and D'banj third.

Lmao at 'Role model'. I hear you, every Nigerian child aspires to create a colony. 100 baby Mamas and 1,000 children. grin grin grin grin
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
safarigirl: GHANA, SA, NAMIBIA, BRITAIN, CONGO, ANGOLA, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE, have these places become LGA's in Nigeria? These men are hounded there, are they not foreign countries with foreigners? What BS are you and your cohorts saying? 'local' stars, where? They're headliners in INTERNATIONAL concerts, you should get out of your cave once in a while bro. @OP, Tu baba is bigger than D'banj as for general influence, but as for youtube views, FB & Twitter followers, concerts, awards, present rave of the moment, D'banj takes it, but P-square will dust em both, plus record sales. Like afam said, it's Tu baba, P square, D'banj, even Davido acknowledged that in his song 'ALL OF YOU'

you are just so dumb! are those place where hip-hop originated from? and who listens to these dudes music in jand except those yourba boys in jand and the akatas wey dey roll with demm undecided
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
When you talk about 2baba,talk abt the likes of lucky dube,AKON and so on

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
fittty:

you are just so dumb! are those place where hip-hop originated from? and who listens to these dudes music in jand except those yourba boys in jand and the akatas wey dey roll with demm undecided

I am trying to fathom your ish, you are the only one who is trying to be trbalistic here,I wonder who forced you to open the thread sef, If their fame dey pepper you for body, Oya jump inside lagoon nah make the water for cool am.mtchew. angry
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by foliks(f): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Tuface is d bigger star,mature,talented,cool nd calm wth songs dat pass msgs nd nt jst club beats though Dbanj has got talent too bt nt as much as Tuface who doesnt nid Kanye west to boost his ego so i give it to 2 baba

4 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by mruknaijaboy(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
I think Tuface might be more known in the US but here in the UK D'banj is known way more than 2face,

only hardcore naija fans will know tuface over here but with D'banj Oliver Twist was a big success over here and reached No.3 in the Top 100 UK charts

they play oliver twist in oyinbo clubs and they even played oliver twist in one of the most popular shows in the UK Eastenders

but on the bad side without don jazzy thats the only hit he has managed to make and i doubt without don jazzy he will ever have a hit that big ahead

as far im on concerned thats the last big international hit D'banj will be having unless he does a track with Kanye West or gets back with Don Jazzy, I stand to be proven wrong....
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by kay29000(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
Rakim is considered a lyrical god when it comes to hip hop history, but everyone will tell you that Jay-Z is a bigger star over all. Let's not bring sentiment into it, 2face is more talented and has been in the game longer, but right now, D Banj is a bigger star.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by tonygee1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
2face is the best of all the best
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Amazondepth(m): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
Tu face is d phoenix joor!he's obviously transcending ages!d depth of lyrics are unbelievable!he betters d best even if dbanj was that best.anytime its Tuface
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
That Dbanj got signed by Kanye doesnt make him a bigger star. 2face has the largest followership in the world as compared to Dbanj.That Dbanj got signed by Kanye doesnt make him a bigger star. 2face has the largest followership in the world as compared to Dbanj.That Dbanj got signed by Kanye doesnt make him a bigger star. 2face has the largest followership in the world as compared to Dbanj.

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by adewex(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
fittty: None!!!! angry

Point of correction you should change the topic to "LOCAL STAR"
Neither Tuface or De'banj's music has ever been on the Billboard or even been on 106&park countdown so why regard them as Stars??
Now who do u call as a star?
An artist who's music is listened to worldwide, Artist who gets the attention of people different from his/her own tribe/country. You are only regarded as a star when you travel out of your home country for a show, get to the airport and have FOREIGNERS wait for you at the airport to take a pic and chase after your tour bus. Now take a look at Psy(Gangnam Style) that's who you regard as a Star overnight, when u have the world listening to your music then you're regarded as a star and not some local sh*t....
asa was number 3 on billboard list in 2010.. Check her wikipedia page
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by daprogress: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
Tuface best among all in nigeria for now.tu baba all the way.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Gentlepapi(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
LETS END IT LYK DIS DOES FOR 2BABA LYK MY COMENT Y DOES FOR D'BANJ QUOTE MINE BT FOR ME NA 2BABA
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by seedord247(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
fittty:

which kind akata be dat? the ones wey dey roll with all those yoruba boyz for jand abi? undecided

Nooo na calabar girls.....
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2012
2baba na.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Ogb21(m): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
TEAM 2BABA ALL DE WAY.

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by sessydoo(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
Well i will go with 2face on "bigger musician...but on popularity espcially in europe (and the recent oliver twist song) people from other race will probably go with D'banj. They sing oliver twist evrywhere here in europe, esp in london and this has made Dbanj' name very popular but 2face is a bigger musician if you ask me, his songs are evergreen and hes been around for long

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
seedord247:

Nooo na calabar girls.....

Abeg park well jooor. Those akata's wey dey hear nigerian songz are friends to nigerians abroad that's why they've got a hang of the songz.... Akata wey no get any nigeiran as friend no go fit wake up one day come dey play tuface or dbanj or any nigerian artist song #WORD
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
Julieccentric:

I am trying to fathom your ish, you are the only one who is trying to be trbalistic here,I wonder who forced you to open the thread sef, If their fame dey pepper you for body, Oya jump inside lagoon nah make the water for cool am.mtchew. angry

DEAD!!!
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by seedord247(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
fittty:

Abeg park well jooor. Those akata's wey dey hear nigerian songz are friends to nigerians abroad that's why they've got a hang of the songz.... Akata wey no get any nigeiran as friend no go fit wake up one day come dey play tuface or dbanj or any nigerian artist song #WORD

I know ya problem.... VISA huh?

So many clubs in atl, houston, chi town, bronx, queens, dc, just to mention few play naija music frequenlty... When i was in utah I once begged a dj to play me ashawo and oliver twist... Afta finished playing it from youtube, the guy asked if i'm from jamaica.... I said no and i asked him... He said he love the music i asked him to play.... Acccording to my frnds there..they said the dj stil play them till today.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by okahewere(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
Both don't impress dat much. Tuface came 2 Awka last week 2 shout on stage like 1 secondary school artist. Dbanji left Mohits 4 so called Good music now he is begging yesterday Iyanya 2 feature him in Kukere Remix. Dey got grow up
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by TeeVibes(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
greatgod2012: 2face has been a bigger star before we even heard of dbanj, but now, dbanj seems to be outrunning 2face, because law of diminishing returns is already affecting 2face, without long now, someone will also outrun dbanj, its natural.
Therefore, for now, dbanj is d bigger star.
Before now, 2face was d bigger star.
After now, only God knows who will be d bigger star.

i really support your point coz 2face still remains our only 2baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Paul Okoye Shows Off Swag In New Photos / Flavour Shares Adorable Photo With His Daughters, Gabrielle & Sofia / Lagos PPRO, Dolapo Badmos And Her Squad In Adorable Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.