Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria (26520 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by dvdami(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sincere apologies to the poster for the delay in this transaction.

Even the best writers erase at times. The best orators stammer at times.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by ojochidem(m): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
rick.ross:

You dont rush to conclusions just bc of this singular incidence.
I have used First back to transfer funds to the UK and the receiver received it within 3 days.
If you board British Airways today and the plane crashes, that doesn't mean BA is the worst airline in the world.

The receiver fit don receive d fund and pretend. The money cannot be hanging on air, its either they credit receivers account or they return your money within 3days. I once made international TT and the receivers account was wrong and my money was returned back to my account after few days.

But your case is strange, your money cannot be floating on air for weeks now, write a petition to First Bank head office if your branch is not giving you good answers. Also, if you are a businessman that do a lot of transfers i will recommend you use GTB next time, their international TT is faster than any bank in 9ja, Diamond bank is good also.

On a final note, a good businessman in 9ja must have good relationship with his account officer or top bank managers. Once in a while you take them out and when things like this happen they will sort it for you without you coming to the bank. I do many transactions that I don't need to go to my bank. When your bank is in distress your good relationship with the bank officers will help you. I am talking from experience.

And when they mess with your money do NOT complain.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.
My business partner now looks at me as dupe having not received his money.
First bank has no answers for the reasons why the money hasn't reflected.
Am really in deep fried first bank shit.
It beats me how digital-age people still get stuck in analogue systems, only to keep complaining when it goes at snail speed.
The same First bank has an excellent onlinebanking platform that you can use at the comfort of your home to wire money to any foreign bank.
All you need is your token to ensure security of your account.
Analogue foreign transfers has a max of 3weeks timeline nation wide. Go figure!

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: I opened a “first instant“ a/c wit dem durin my sercice year, inoder to save. Wen i went to withdraw the atm kept tellin me, i couldnt withdraw more an 20k, me and my money? I had to beg my landlady not to giv d room out, and i spent d next few days, withdrawin 20k each day, b4 i cld meet up wit my rents. Thunder fire dem, mtn, boko haram, and nat. Assembly members. And for dos of u who side wit GTB, ur sooo, “on-point“.

Did you read the T & C? Did you enquiry about the withdrawal limit on the account? Do you think your instant account has the same privileges with a generic savings account?

Oga, dey use your head once in a while.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by dilbert100: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
most banks are the same
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.
My business partner now looks at me as dupe having not received his money.
First bank has no answers for the reasons why the money hasn't reflected.
Am really in deep fried first bank shit.

Send a mail to their contact centre(firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com) requesting for the telex copy of your transfer....All your questions will be answered...

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
deejay_harry1: The most useless bank in naija

By what metrics, sir?
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by dexmond: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
STERLING BANK ALL THE WAY

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
gunpoint: @Op
Plz open an aCct wit zenith bank and experince peace. They have an fx internet transfer service that allows you to transfer money by urself frm ur bed on ur laptop to any corner of the world and the reciever wil get it same day provided you keyed the correct details and you did d transaction b4 4pm dat day. I works prefectly for me sha, will advice u to try it too.

Strange?! FirstTrade by FirstBank can also do that!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Naijapikin1: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
Rexphobia:

Did you read the T & C? Did you enquiry about the withdrawal limit on the account? Do you think your instant account has the same privileges with a generic savings account?

Oga, dey use your head once in a while.
will u shut dat gutter of a trap, dat u cal a mouth dia! Do i sound like an illiterate to u? I read all tru and tru, and de was notin of d sort. De jus kip changin d goal post wen d game is in play. Maybe ur dia staff, hop de dont fire ur overzealous a**ss soon. Mr. Head-user!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
doctorjohn: first bank!!!!!! wonders shall never end. after so much confrontation with the manager and some first bank staff and creating a nasty scene in the banking hall 2DAYS ago,the recipient account was credited yesterday .the funny thing is that ALMIGHTY FIRSTBANK still cant explain why it took 3weeks to transfer the money.main branch in marina lagos says its my local branchs fault ,the local branch says its main branch fault. FIRST BANK SHAME ON YOU.just that our judiciary is laughable else i would have sued your incompetent behinds. my only promise to you is, thats the last time you will see me in that your glorified MICRO FINANCE BANK!!!!!! rubbish!!!
Is dat d only first bank branch in owerri?Dat branch use to have problem in transfering money at times.Always go to d one at wetheral or bank road.Na u give urself d wahala nah
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Dudubery: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
First bank is just a f&$ked bank...hate that bank like hell...!!!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by meksroland: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
I don't think is the First bank I use you're reffering to. I do transfer always with them overseas and they have never failed me. I can't see myself using another bank. I derive joy using first bank
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: will u shut dat gutter of a trap, dat u cal a mouth dia! Do i sound like an illiterate to u? I read all tru and tru, and de was notin of d sort. De jus kip changin d goal post wen d game is in play. Maybe ur dia staff, hop de dont fire ur overzealous a**ss soon. Mr. Head-user!

Did I hurt your feelings, my apologies. But does brand loyalty equal to brand ownership?
You still haven't answered my question? Do you think the 'instant' account and savings 'account' are same?

I may enlighten you a little, if you permit me. However, I don't believe in spreading half truth and unverifiable claims.

We can still have a civil conversation here, sir.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Clemzy16(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
First Bank=MTN
First Bank Kogi state university, anyigba branch is nothing to write home about. The bank has stopped withdrawal of money inside. Hence, if you want to withdraw money you have to use the ATM; but there is never a time you go there that the ATM has service (network). You have to stay in a queue, always lined up in the hot sun just to withdraw money. Sometime, their SMS alert hardly comes immediately.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by bigdoo: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
I very much agree with you. My clearing agents complained so much about their services and delay in handling their transactions and I had to change to Zenith Bank and EcoBank. Even though I still have four bank accounts with First Bank, I don't really use those accounts very much any more. They are more or less dormant accounts.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by veloce(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
has anyone tried ecobank of recent? When you do TT, it got there almost the same day provided your receipient details are ok and you submitted before 2pm.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by meksroland: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
No bank is the best jare. I believe this few days they're conducting audit or doing some internal maintenance. Just spare them this period and I believe soon u will enjoy their services. I too like that bank cos they've not failed me
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by komols856: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
UNION BANK is the worst bank i hav ever use.their ATM CARD doesnt always especialy in d morning
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by deltaforce7(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
I think that First Bank is good. Try and cross -check the bank details you used .In they are alright, ask for a try of your transaction with them on the said date. If you do this am sure the problem should be resolved.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by redsquare(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
komols856: UNION BANK is the worst bank i hav ever use.their ATM CARD doesnt always especialy in d morning

So na only for afternoon their ATM cards dey work? cheesy Well, different strokes for different folks. I use UnionBanks online FX transfer and it gets to the beneficiary the same day. This is provided you supply the beneficiaries Bank account details such as Routing number, SWIFT code, and so on. I've never had any problem/delay with their online FX transfer and it can be done from the comfort of your bedroom/office.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by 9ijaprince(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
dexmond: STERLING BANK ALL THE WAY
chai commot there! For the part 2 days i ve been unable to make withdrawals from my account. They keep telling me system is bad.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mrrock: 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
Did you transfer with SWIFT?. Otherwise it may take up to 14 days. Also the country you're sending to also determine how fast funds get there.
You should've asked for the transfer slip immediately upon completing transaction.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by bumdish: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Please try Diamondbank. Are you kidding me. I get my funds to the other part the globe in less than 6 hrs, I have tried it time and time over. You can do that on your bed or in any of there outlets.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by kpencheruwe: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: I opened a “first instant“ a/c wit dem durin my sercice year, inoder to save. Wen i went to withdraw the atm kept tellin me, i couldnt withdraw more an 20k, me and my money? I had to beg my landlady not to giv d room out, and i spent d next few days, withdrawin 20k each day, b4 i cld meet up wit my rents. Thunder fire dem, mtn, boko haram, and nat. Assembly members. And for dos of u who side wit GTB, ur sooo, “on-point“.
p

ogbeni take am easy. Was your account fully funded?
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by oche419: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Exponental: The problem started when they feel they are on top d world. They disregard little/ small customer and this has degenerated into their banking culture. They threat people as if they are their gods and nothing will happen if they dont deliver......... Sue them if u av evidence!!!
The only bank that u can open account with N1000. They have regards 4 small customers.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by oche419: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
dvdami: Sincere apologies to the poster for the delay in this transaction.

I work with FirstBank (albeit as a non core staff), but I know all d efforts d management is putting in to make sure our customers are given nothing but the best services.

Even the best writers erase at times. The best orators stammer at times.

To all Nigerians, there is so much transformation going on inside the bank among its staff force, its only a matter of time before we become the toast of all Nigerians.

First Bank...forever d first.
Tell them.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
doctorjohn: first bank!!!!!! wonders shall never end. after so much confrontation with the manager and some first bank staff and creating a nasty scene in the banking hall 2DAYS ago,the recipient account was credited yesterday .the funny thing is that ALMIGHTY FIRSTBANK still cant explain why it took 3weeks to transfer the money.main branch in marina lagos says its my local branchs fault ,the local branch says its main branch fault. FIRST BANK SHAME ON YOU.just that our judiciary is laughable else i would have sued your incompetent behinds. my only promise to you is, thats the last time you will see me in that your glorified MICRO FINANCE BANK!!!!!! rubbish!!!
&THAT WAS WHERE SANUSI LAMIDO WAS OGA B4 BECOMING CBN OGA .
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
I LIKE UNITY BANK. U CAN WWITHDRAW 200 NAIRA FROM THEIR ATM smiley
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Lagoseko(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
u ar talking trash. First Bank has greatly transformd. They safe and reliable. Meet their head of operations or call first contact. Cheers!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by wobintin: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
First Bank is always a disappointment. For the past 2 months, I have been trying to link my current and savings accounts together on same verve atm card issued by first bank nigeria, to no avail even with filled forms and an official letter. Nasty excuses like Head Office confirmation e_mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.