Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin (10297 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Should State Of Residence Replace State Of Origin? / Should State Of Residence Replace State Of Origin In The Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by UncleJJ(m): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2012
Tusky44: As an Igbo man, i don't have any damn thing to learn from Ibadan man or fulani nama breeder. I can learn from my Calabar and Akwaibom ladies how to cook and others cool - from Rivers, Delta, etc. I can grant permanent residence status to people from Europe, Asia, Americas, and other parts of Africa once i notice they share my values and are hygiene conscious. We want our country and that is all we ask for. Give the desert to Hausa and the West to Tinubu them and we would not mind at all. Stop this hopeless experiment now cos it is a faulty one. BIAFRA my BIAFRA. smiley

Kai..Poverty is a disease

And, please as a confirmed half-blood Niger-deltan (frm my papa side). If the ibo's are interested in segregation, then you are your folks have no connection with the South-south. You are from the east, so stay on your own.

Na wa, why ! Every time an ibo man wants to claim - he must put niger-delta on the roll call. Yes, some people in delta speak ibo - so what, if they were so important to you, you guys should have fought for place for them amongst - the united states of the biafra.

This, dumb character from the ibo is the reason - the yoruba's on nairaland, always insult and abuse you guy cos of lasgidi.

Ibo businessmen are amongst the most illiterate men in this country, and i thought it was no big deal. money and education are not synonymous.

But, when educated men - talk like poor illiterates then their is a problem. The youths in the east - desperately need to come out of that ugly shell they call intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Ikwerefistson: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:
Is this man the best that the Igbos and Niger Deltans can present to the whole of Nigeria? What a shame
we hav seing ur best na.use les Yoruba man
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by OneNaira6: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2012
DivideUs: what we want is breakup, which one is citizenship must replace state of origin? igbo will always look igbo, so will hausa and yoruba. time to start moving back to region of origin abeg den by 2014 bye bye nigeria!!!

useless republic of nigeria indeed

This had me cracking up for some reason and I click on your name to see that picture in your profile. grin grin grin Dude you are funny
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2012
CohenJane:

but south-south, and south-east men and women are becoming councillors and LG chairmen, and even commissioners in south-west, lagos in particular. does that mean we don't know what we are doing in the south west?
I'm glad that u zero-in on Lagos, which in any case is a NO-MAN's land. Howeva, d degree of cultural, political, religious n ethnic integration within n amongst d southern states is 70 times higher than d North-South integration. So just as i cant imagine a hausa man becomin an LG Chairman in any south-south state, i dont also imagine an ijaw or ibibio man becomin an LG Chairman in any core-northern state. D North n South are "strange-bird fellows".
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Ikwerefistson: 11:31am On Dec 01, 2012
FAST-LINK:
That would be good if and only if Nigeria remains in existence for long and btw, the ethnicity virus is eaten deep in Nigeria that it will only take the intervention of a selfless leader.
UncleJJ:

And, please as a confirmed half-blood Niger-deltan (frm my papa side). If the ibo's are interested in segregation, then you are your folks have no connection with the South-south. You are from the east, so stay on your own.

Na wa, why ! Every time an ibo man wants to claim - he must put niger-delta on the roll call. Yes, some people in delta speak ibo - so what, if they were so important to you, you guys should have fought for place for them amongst - the united states of the biafra.

This, dumb character from the ibo is the reason - the yoruba's on nairaland, always insult and abuse you guy cos of lasgidi.

Ibo businessmen are amongst the most illiterate men in this country, and i thought it was no big deal. money and education are not synonymous.

But, when educated men - talk like poor illiterates then their is a problem. The youths in the east - desperately need to come out of that ugly shell they call intelligence.
FAST-LINK:
That would be good if and only if Nigeria remains in existence for long and btw, the ethnicity virus is eaten deep in Nigeria that it will only take the intervention of a selfless leader.
my heart bleeds 2 se dat we stl hav iliterates of your ordr in nija delta.listen mumu,wen ibos tok biafra dy speak 4dmsfs nd nt us.nd besids ibos dnt need we nija deltans.we hav oil dy hav,we hav gas dy hav we re nt as educatd as dy are.an ibo iliterate biznsman kan educate all d fishermen in ur vilage.mumu u dnt knw dat u kant acheve anytn political in nija witot d suport of d hboslet dm hav dia biafra nd we wil hav our own con3 cm out of ur shell of stupidity nd ignorance.mugu

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by prettyboi1(m): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Best thing to have ever been proposed by GEJ's government. Great Intention, Great Idea. Nigeria is one & Nigerians have to be one.
God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by bayulll01(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2012
Ikwere fist son: shut up.d ibos dnt need we nija deltans to survive as a nation.dy hav everytn dat we cliam we have.nd we re comfortable wit d ibos dan a yoruba vampire ,bt if ure a nija deltan typing ds rubish.i pity u ure useles nd myopic as a persn wake up
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by gidiMonsta(m): 11:51am On Dec 01, 2012
Ikwere fist son: my heart bleeds 2 se dat we stl hav iliterates of your ordr in nija delta.listen mumu,wen ibos tok biafra dy speak 4dmsfs nd nt us.nd besids ibos dnt need we nija deltans.we hav oil dy hav,we hav gas dy hav we re nt as educatd as dy are.an ibo iliterate biznsman kan educate all d fishermen in ur vilage.mumu u dnt knw dat u kant acheve anytn political in nija witot d suport of d hboslet dm hav dia biafra nd we wil hav our own con3 cm out of ur shell of stupidity nd ignorance.mugu

Lemme give u an advice, if u wanna claim Niger Deltan try to be subtle in your overly praise of the ibos and outright condemnation of your perceived people. It so obvious that you're ibo and your desperation to convince otherwise is really irritating.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by matrixme(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2012
What can't we change these days.. Our sexuality, gender, careers, cars, talents, our beliefs and only recently.. Our states of origin/cultural heritage. Very soon we might be able to change into tomatoes or hippopotamus in not to distant a future. More seriously, In as much as I support the advancement of the Nigerian state, I think this would not be a very good basis to stand. It is way too...complex!
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by SamAfrik(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
My President why not focus more on creating equal opportunities for Nigerians by removing quota system regarding employment and other govt benefits. Assimilation of non-indegienes to the politics of an area is better allowed to evolve naturally rather than imposed by law. People shd be allowed to ask a non-indigene to represent them (as we have seen in some places) rather than the non-indigene claiming his right by law. I dont even think this law can easily be passed anyway...tooo much complications.
At least no person is being denied the right to own a property and live comfortably in any part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by ekereku: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
I no gree! People go pack themselves from north full for Rivers and u say dem be indigene? Wetin we go gain if we go there?
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by mastercee(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
At Least I can start Nursing the ambition of Becoming the governor of Imo state..... All the way from Isale Eko. CLUELESS GEJ
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by kennyslim1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Based on the comments so far...what GEJ said can't be done here in Nigeria.

It's obviously obvious...but come to think of it, will all these tribalistic arguments/insults get us anywhere in this country. This are the so-called future leaders o

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by OneNaira6: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2012
UncleJJ:

Don't mention SS Igbos again. You don't see me mentioning Edo and yoruba people anytime I want to speak for Anioma, then do me the favor and not mention us again in something that would bring insult onto us. Stay on your side you hear.

BTW: The so called "Igbo illiterate". At least those illiterate are busy working their butt off, making their wealth despite "no education" and that same illiterate is higher and his people having a higher literacy both in female and male. Also having a higher waec and higher acceptance in colleges of your nation. It must be a shame knowing someone with "so called little education" is beating you in terms of business and the literacy rate of your own nation. Ain't you ashamed of your damn self? I rather be that illiterate than be a lazy man that pr0stitute his women in Italy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2012
Thanks to GEJ, finally, I can become Governor of Lago State!
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by mrrock: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
It's long over due. It will strenghten the sense of nationalism and every one will feel a sense of belonging no matter what part of the country you're established. Nigeria used to be that way until ethnicity destroyed us. I heard people from SE once upon a time won chairmanship and councillor elections in the SW in the 60's and 70's. And it's still that way in prosperous countries like the USA. Infact, an Igbo man was once serving as a councillor in a U.S state, I forgot the state. I also heard a Yoruba man won some elective seat in a UK municipal.
So, if an Igbo man and a Yoruba man can do that overseas; why can't we take a lesson here?.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by kutchs: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Gej is clueless of the difference between the two and what they mean.
Do you mind telling us the difference between the two and what they mean wise Socrates?
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Dede1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
dabossman:

And who told you that the people of the Niger Delta want to be part of Biafra your Biafra? You need the oil, abi? Well, forget it! You can go and import crude oil from Sokoto. The ND has no need for thee.

I personally do not know any region in Nigeria called Niger Delta. In fact geographically, there is no Niger Delta. I guess you get your identity correctly before delving into area beyond your intellectual pedigree such as who got crude oil and not.

If Nigeria disintegrates today, there must be a Republic of Igbo land as a nation and country period. The human endeavor to actualize Republic of Igbo land shall never and can not be negotiable.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
[b]The Niger Delta people always quick to beat their chest and aver that the Igbos want to claim their oil. Let me educate you once and for a very long time. Your so-called oil is almost halved cos the Fulani had to repay Britain and America for helping them during the civil war. Shell and their likes have damaged your region and they make all the money in profits while your sleazy Nigerian politicians ask for crumbs to remain silent.

The remaining 50% of your oil revenue is shared between the other Nigerian states which leaves you in abject poverty and misery. When we talk of Igbo land, we don't aim for your oil. We are actually referring to the talented human resource in the Southeast. We are talking of people who are capable of engaging in international trade and prospering. Honestly, your oil isn't as important to us as your Onne seaport. We can allow you to have your Ijaw nation or South-south region but sign an agreement that we can import and export via Onne, Calabar, Akwaibom and Delta. You can tap into our vast human resource and learn trades from us. You can partner with us to forge the new world order in West Africa.

The future is not oil. It is natural gas, renewables, recycling, education, and military might. Stop talking about oil please. USA will become self-sufficient with locally produced oil. China even has more shale gas reserves than the whole of North America and as i type, there is a major campaign to start exploring shale in China. For the last time, it isn't your oil in riverine area that can sustain you, your land and water has been destroyed and we can help you clean it up. If you disagree, wait for Akinyomi, Ogunjobi, Yerima, Abdulahi, and co to assist you.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by JoeMosco(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
1025: if u ask me, i will suggest that jonathan should stop talking as many nigerians are not interested in his flexible words. he changes like the wind. he says what he doesn't do. why did he sack two igbo pdp chairmen in succession without any valuable reasons? why is his vice from the north?why is his state getting more money from the oil revenue than others? why are the militants getting armnesty and the kidnappers and boko haram are not getting? why did his wife left aso rock to germany to get treatment while his brother left bayelsa to die in aso rock? nigeria was not one, is not one and will never be one.
please your arguement lacks coherence...... This is a policy that will enforce unity, patriotism and true federalism.... I hope u are not an aboki shaa
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by ypzilanti: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2012
If any benefits accrue to certain individuals, it should be based on 3 criteria:

State of Birth

State of residence (ten years and above)

Father's state of origin.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Veedon(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
1025: if u ask me, i will suggest that jonathan should stop talking as many nigerians are not interested in his flexible words. he changes like the wind. he says what he doesn't do. why did he sack two igbo pdp chairmen in succession without any valuable reasons? why is his vice from the north?why is his state getting more money from the oil revenue than others? why are the militants getting armnesty and the kidnappers and boko haram are not getting? why did his wife left aso rock to germany to get treatment while his brother left bayelsa to die in aso rock? nigeria was not one, is not one and will never be one.
true talk my brother.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by winnieG1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
hmmm, GEJ must be high on something.
I see Ibos conquering Nigeria in near future if this is implemented. you know why?
they travel most and settle comfortably to any part of the Country. Fashola and his brothers must be crying sooner if this is implemented. Dont ask me why there has been conflict in the North, they are very afraid of ibos dominating them in their land. ibos have that domineering nature and that is just the fact. Now think of this; how many Hausa or yoruba brothers buy and build house in the Ibo land? check Northern and South-west region and tell me how many ibos that has their houses there. it is a common fact that ibos will soon be the governors of 36 states of the country if this is implemented.
Have you forgotten the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant 2012, MBGN where, Miss Kano, Kaduna,Katsina, Ondo, etc were of ibo origin.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Melancholy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
This only can be possible if U leaders practice true federalism that allows for tolerance among diversities.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Melancholy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
This only can be possible if U leaders practice true federalism that allows for tolerance among different diversities.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Mowire: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
sosereal201: what the man means is plain and simply,we must try sometime to see the positive in his actions and words.he means we should do away with discrimination and be each other brother.so by replacing ethnicity with citizenship is a step in the right direction to achieving that goal.isnt that what we all want?
I don't think GEJ even knew the content of that speech before it was read! That's my point! Otherwise I would've called him confused. This is the minister's opinion.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Abagworo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
What the President said is the right thing. That's why I've always been against the Beroms in the Jos crisis. A Nigerian should not be seen as a settler in another part of Nigeria. We are all Nigerians. Most of the people promoting ethnicity are misinformed or have alterior political ambitions. If we continue this way, Nigeria will never develop.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by Mowire: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2012
yemi2plus2:
2001 that almost 12yrs ago dude
Are Fulanis & their cows now roaming any of those islands? Please answer o.
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by RealMccoy2(m): 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
Tusky44: [b]The Niger Delta people always quick to beat their chest and aver that the Igbos want to claim their oil. Let me educate you once and for a very long time. Your so-called oil is almost halved cos the Fulani had to repay Britain and America for helping them during the civil war. Shell and their likes have damaged your region and they make all the money in profits while your sleazy Nigerian politicians ask for crumbs to remain silent.

The remaining 50% of your oil revenue is shared between the other Nigerian states which leaves you in abject poverty and misery. When we talk of Igbo land, we don't aim for your oil. We are actually referring to the talented human resource in the Southeast. We are talking of people who are capable of engaging in international trade and prospering. Honestly, your oil isn't as important to us as your Onne seaport. We can allow you to have your Ijaw nation or South-south region but sign an agreement that we can import and export via Onne, Calabar, Akwaibom and Delta. You can tap into our vast human resource and learn trades from us. You can partner with us to forge the new world order in West Africa.

The future is not oil. It is natural gas, renewables, recycling, education, and military might. Stop talking about oil please. USA will become self-sufficient with locally produced oil. China even has more shale gas reserves than the whole of North America and as i type, there is a major campaign to start exploring shale in China. For the last time, it isn't your oil in riverine area that can sustain you, your land and water has been destroyed and we can help you clean it up. If you disagree, wait for Akinyomi, Ogunjobi, Yerima, Abdulahi, and co to assist you.[/b]
Such thread does not come from people of Niger delta, look carefully.... Ofenmanu people thrive in conflict and they are the ones posing as Niger deltans on here...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by RealMccoy2(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Thanks to GEJ, finally, I can become Governor of Lago State!
You wan give Yoruba people heart attack? Please stop joking....lol
Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by aurenflani: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Tusky44: [b]Trust the average Nigerian to copy and paste strategy already used and mostly failed in the UK & America. Of course a nation tends to be more progressive and its citizen become more tolerant when there is a good mix of ethnics and race but the big question is, what makes up the mix? The Europeans prefer to mix with themselves cos they largely have similarities (culture, religion, aspirations, etc)- they don't like to mix with Asians and Africans cos of the opposite.

As an Igbo man, i don't have any damn thing to learn from Ibadan man or fulani nama breeder. I can learn from my Calabar and Akwaibom ladies how to cook and others cool - from Rivers, Delta, etc. I can grant permanent residence status to people from Europe, Asia, Americas, and other parts of Africa once i notice they share my values and are hygiene conscious. We want our country and that is all we ask for. Give the desert to Hausa and the West to Tinubu them and we would not mind at all. Stop this hopeless experiment now cos it is a faulty one. BIAFRA my BIAFRA. smiley[/b]

Igbo stop there! Go take a bath, your smelling of palmwine and your nose is dirty with snuff.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan; Citizenship Must Replace State Of Origin by stineb1: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2012

Ignorámus! Keep quiet. In your small mind you think you had made sense. Your write up is baseless dear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marketers To Suspend Fuel Importation Over N356.2bn Unpaid Subsidy Claims / Breaking News: APC Senators Leave National Assembly During Session / NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.