Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD (10294 Views)

Military Descends On Arepo Vandals Hideout In Operation Awathe / Crude Oil Swap Probe: Reps Set 127 Questions For Oil Marketers--vanguard News / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by rozayx5(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2015

By Michael Eboh
LAGOS — The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday blamed the persistent fuel crisis on the continuous vandalisation of the System 2B pipeline at Arepo, sharp practices by oil marketers and the delay in the payment of outstanding subsidy claims to the marketers.
nnpcThe NNPC in a statement in Abuja, after honouring the invitation of the Senate Committee on Petroleum Downstream, also stated that the Senate had given it a two-week ultimatum to end the fuel scarcity.
In a presentation to the Senate Committee, Managing Director of the Pipelines and Product Marketing Company, PPMC, a subsidiary of the NNPC, Mrs. Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue, stated that Nigeria has lost a total of 531 million litres of petrol valued at over N50 billion to pipeline vandals between January and September, 2015, at the problematic System 2B Pipeline network which stretches from the Atlas Cove in Lagos to Ilorin.
Nnamdi-Ogbue explained that the losses, which chiefly accrued from the incessant hacking of the pipeline at the notorious Arepo to Mosimi axis of the pipeline artery, have made the task of providing seamless flow of petroleum products to retail outlets more burdensome.
According to her, despite the challenge posed by the unavailability of the vital System 2B Pipeline network, the PPMC has continued to ensure that the country remains wet with petrol through massive truck-out from depots in Lagos, Oghara and recently Calabar.
She, however, noted that the spirited efforts made so far by the corporation to entrench zero fuel queues across the country are being hampered by the activities of some unscrupulous marketers involved in hoarding, sharp practices and diversion of petroleum products for sale in black markets across the country.
She said: “We view this as a distortion to the economy and we have invited the DSS and the EFCC to take action.”
Outstanding subsidy payments
Also speaking, Group Executive Director, Commercial and Investment on the NNPC, Mr. Babatunde Adeniran, told the Senate Committee that the fuel situation was exacerbated by the inability of oil marketers to meet their import allocation quota due to outstanding subsidy payments, thus creating a gap which PPMC has been working round the clock to bridge despite the extraneous challenges like hoarding and incessant pipeline hacking.
While Jamila Shu’ara, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources and leader of the delegation, emphasised the need to build strategic reserve stock of petroleum products akin to the national grain reserves across the country.
Senator Uche Ekwunife, Committee Chairman, who gave the Ministry of Petroleum Resources two weeks to ensure sanity in the supply and distribution of petroleum products across the country, however, acknowledged the efforts made so far by the NNPC to ensure unimpeded fuel supply across the country.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nnpc-blames-fuel-scarcity-on-vandals-unscrupulous-oil-marketers/

lalasticlala

the blame game begins

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by orobs93(m): 6:43am On Nov 27, 2015
Ok

I was a strong member during the change campaign....and it will not cost me anytin to speak the truth when Sometin is going wrong.
We in nairaland we have the strength and the numbers to flog the current administration to go into shape...and that Is wat we must do...but we hav to wait for next year budget lets start from there may be dat is wat is making d buhari government so slow..
Nigeria must be great.

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by naijafella(m): 6:47am On Nov 27, 2015
Commendable efforts.
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by permsec: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2015
And the blame game continues......

I wonder why hypocrites aren't in the streets protesting.

Just take a deep look at this face and tell me if he has an iota of clue in governance

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by princeogbeide1(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2015
I can only blame the NNPC body because fuel always goes scares every end of the year" it pains me that all those NNPC management boards gets more corrupt during harmattan season" by doing that, they bring up unnecessary reasons just to deceive people"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by dokiOloye(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2015
If to say na Buhari make d statement,he for say na Jonathan cause am.
I am sure if U ask Buhari why he is still unable to produce his non existent certificate,he will say it Jonathan or PDP.
And d funny thing is that his robots will swallow that hook,line and sinker.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by playahata: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2015
A failure would always blame it on one thing or the other. vandalism for no fuel, no light, no gas, no jobs, cannot pay salaries, no water, no road, poor hospitals and schools, no security, corruption. FG, ABEG WETIN BE UNA WORK SEF?!

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by ORACLE1975(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2015
Solution please

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by palladin: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by DaBullIT(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Really ?

I thought it was Buhari

As some erdyots claimed

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Ibelong2God: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Lies and excuses everywhere. This is truly endtime.
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Legitbaba(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Lolz...Sai NNPC...sai Baba
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by zibi2(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2015
sad
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Trut(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2015
Govt of blaming

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by erunz(m): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2015
I THOUGHT THEY SAID, GEJ WAS LYING, #WATCHTHECHANGE

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Joejonah(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Is 50 billion the 430 billion the government is owning marketers??
They will always find where to apportion the blame.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by onyepapa(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Let's play the blame game I hate you!!
Let's play the blame game I love you!!
in John Legend's voice.
#theblamegame
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by akpanikpe(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
I love that word unscrupulous grin
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Sijo01(f): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2015
Blame fuel scarcity on booohari not vandals!

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by yomalex(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2015
We knew that
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by imsuboi(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2015

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by engrjosefz(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2015
KK
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by WhiZTiM(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
Haha! .... This government is a fraud

8 Likes

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by imsuboi(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
my people, my people.

i hope you have seen the change you seek cheesy grin grin
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by xender(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2015
end time blame

we all no who 2 blame
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by djWALE(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2015
What's this rubbish all about??..dnt we Av commitees' to stop vandalism??..nor be dem fault...wen our tourist president z busy jetting around
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by free2ryhme: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2015
they have started ooo
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2015
Ehen...shoroniyen? Who is supposed to secure the oil? These people are funny. I should go and catch the vandals?
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by kennyman2000(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2015
Hmmmmm....
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by worlexy(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2015
Okay o. This government is only good at two things, giving excuses and shifting of blames. When will they start taking responsibility and get to work.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
worlexy:
M
For mumu
Re: NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD by hardywaltz(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2015
NNPC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I / Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere / HURIWA Condemns Buhari’s Silence On Kaduna Airport, Rail Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.