Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death (10037 Views)

Isola Balogun-Fulani's Mother's Death: Saraki Condoles With Him (Photos) / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register / Jonathan Condoles Fashola Over Father’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Ikengawo: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2012

Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)

By Muhammad Bello

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has commiserated with former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) on the death of his eldest daughter, Zulaihatu Thurdday.

A statement by the President's media aide, Dr Reuben Abati said Jonathan in a condolence letter to General Buhari, prayed that God Almighty would comfort him, and grant him and members of his family succour from the pain of losing a beloved child who has been nurtured and raised to adulthood.

“I write to extend very sincere commiserations to you and your family on the death of your eldest daughter, Zulaihatu yesterday November 29th, 2012.

“I can well imagine the profound pain, sadness and sorrow brought upon you by the tragic loss of a beloved child whom you have nurtured and raised to adulthood.

"My heart goes out to you as you mourn Zulaihatu. I pray that God Almighty comforts you and grants you and your family succour at this very traumatic time for all who knew and loved her,” President Jonathan wrote.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-condoles-buhari-over-daughters-death/132169/
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by IlekeIdI2: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hmm..
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Elueme: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
That is statesmanship. I crave Buhari's indulgence to learn fron Jonathan's magnanimity and above all that power belongs to God hence, He gives it to whom He wishes. May Zulai rest in eternity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
Johanathan is a good man but he is stupid.
Buhari on the other hand is wicked but cunny.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your ENEMIES, do GOOD to those who HATE you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you"...Luke 6:27, Holy Bible. Christianity is a wonderful religion

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by danjohn: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
rafhell: Johanathan is a good man but he is stupid.
Buhari on the other hand is wicked but cunny.

Jonathan is a weak clueless man.
Buhari on the other hand is a good man who is often misunderstood.

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by redsun(m): 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
What does it take for apolitician to condole another another politician for a tragic loss?Just press realease,he didnt do anything extraordinary.

If buhari was really a bad egg like obj or atiku or even gej himself,nairalanders would have started showering curse on him and his family for his loss,but he is not,so bitter nigerians will rather keep mum.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by IlekeIdI2: 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Abegi! Let's not make it look like he sis something special, its what any president would do, even if he dosent think of it, in this case I doubt if he did, his advisers and the rest would do.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 01, 2012
redsun: What does it take for apolitician to condole another another politician for a tragic loss?Just press realease,he didnt do anything extraordinary.

If buhari was really a bad egg like obj or atiku or even gej himself,nairalanders would have started showering curse on him and his family for his loss,but he is not,so bitter nigerians will rather keep mum.
Has Buhari condoled Jonathan over the loss of his brother?

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by IlekeIdI2: 7:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Has Buhari condoled Jonathan over the loss of his brother?
Just because its not in the news, doesn't mean he didn't.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:
Abegi! Let's not make it look like he sis something special, its what any president would do, even if he dosent think of it, in this case I doubt if he did, his advisers and the rest would do.
It takes GRACE to pray for your ENEMY

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:

Just because its not in the news, doesn't mean he didn't.
Buhari can't condole someone without it making the news. Even if he did in hausa language while speaking about other things, it would still have made news. Show me ANY evidence that he did?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 01, 2012
I'm not surprised Buhari didn't bother to condole with Jonathan. I would have been pleasantly SHOCKED if he did. Even the condolence of Buhari by GEJ was a pleasant surprise, though not all together unexpected. It takes GRACE to pray for your ENEMY and wish him or her well.
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by IlekeIdI2: 7:12am On Dec 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Buhari can't condole someone without it making the news. Even if he did in hausa language while speaking about other things, it would still have made news. Show me ANY evidence that he did?
Does he have to say it to the whole world, what ever happend to picking up a phone and having a private convo?

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by dBard: 8:19am On Dec 01, 2012
Tho quite magnanimous of him, me thinks it's just Politics t score Political points.. either way, e try..
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by donfemzy: 9:28am On Dec 01, 2012
he try
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: "But I tell you who hear me: Love your ENEMIES, do GOOD to those who HATE you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you"...Luke 6:27, Holy Bible. Christianity is a wonderful religion
Look at this pant.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by yuzedo: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Look at this pant.
Real ewedu-stained payint! grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by jimino(m): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2012
Na dem sabi o
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by dridowu: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2012
On behalf of myself and family , i also sympathatize wit u about d death of your eldest daughter Zolihatu. May Almighty Allah grant her aljanaat fidau.
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by jimino(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2012
Hw wil dis improve our economy as if it concern us. Rubbish politicians
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Cmeo(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Inteligent Nigerian knows that this is not in anyway special, however, he did it with the most intention of scoring a cheap score which some Nigerians will give to him (GEJ).
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Wonderful, but why e be say peepz go die for boko hand buhari no go send condolence?
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:

Does he have to say it to the whole world, what ever happend to picking up a phone and having a private convo?
IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Myself2(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:

You guys are simply impossible
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by ignis: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:
you are on point.
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Myself2(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2012
Daft people keep saying Jonathan is clueless.He's got a damn good clue what he wants to do and how he wants to do it.May not be what y'all iz expecting but he is doing what he wants to do
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by iamswizz(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2012
what a contrast.
when jonathan lost his brother buhari did not condole with him.
it is typical of buhari.
i shake my head at people in the south who still support that evil man called buhari.
the only reason why the illiterate hausa men in the north support buhari was because of his pro-islamic nature.
deep down in him, he is evil

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Must everything be on the news?
Sincere 9gerian: I'm not surprised Buhari didn't bother to condole with Jonathan. I would have been pleasantly SHOCKED if he did. Even the condolence of Buhari by GEJ was a pleasant surprise, though not all together unexpected. It takes GRACE to pray for your ENEMY and wish him or her well.
Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by franchizy(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:

My dear please ask them, people just come up wit unnecessary talks

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Condoles Buhari Over Daughter's Death by charlsecy4(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2012
Jonathan commiserating with Buhari shows neither hatred nor love; it's just normal formal protocol.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Out In Kano- How About Your State? / Buhari May Spend Xmas With Anglican Daughter At Idemili South LG Of Anambra. / PDP NWC Paid A Condolence Visit To Victims Of Herdsmen Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.