Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? (3599 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind: U know if all of u had atleast said u will pray it would have been a different case entirely.
Even if nothing happened I would atleast have repected u.

But to think u even lacked faith before trying it is enough for me to know u are as uncertain and insecure as hell.

And for me to be open minded, to actually be willing to see ur god if he did come shows I am more certain of my certain of my belief than u are of urs.
Heck its like saying I have more faith than u.

Goodluck with ur remaining days as christians though, I hope u one day learn to actually believe in ur religion.
Fact is, you don't want to believe in God, you just want to air your own opinion. And there is a verse in the Bible for people like you
Proverbs 18:2
New King James Version
(NKJV)
2 A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart.
You are not really interested in understanding what is required of you in order to have an encounter with God. You just want to talk nonsense for the sake of it and I'm done talking to you on this issue. Here is another verse for you
Proverbs 23:9
New King James Version
(NKJV)
9 Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your
words
you see urself? Bye-Bye
*walks out of thread shaking his head for the lost souls whose hearts have been hardened*
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 04, 2012
^^^
Please stop being such a dummy. U know what I mean but u are delibrately beating around the bush becos deep inside u urself do not believe in dis god.
If u did u won't be giving me silly excuses.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 04, 2012
Three days are past.
Has any atheist been visited by god yet?
Has any christian even prayed?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by advocate666: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2012
inurmind: Three days are past.
Has any atheist been visited by god yet?
Has any christian even prayed?

Well, if anyone prayed for me, it didn't work. Try harder.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Niflheim(m): 11:45am On Dec 04, 2012
This thread is filled with so many lame christians making so many lame excuses,quoting weak scriptures..................................i am not suprised!!!
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Niflheim(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2012
@joe4christ,so you claim that your god is not a joker right?he made a boy r.apist the head of his anglican church(king james) and he got a rosicrucian(pope john the 23rd) to head his catholic church and yet you claim that he is not a joker?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Niflheim(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
@todaynatoday,you claim to have a verse in your bible for the OP,now give me a verse in your bible on how to multiply fish and loaves of bread so I can feed some hungry kids in lagos........................and while you are at it,tell your holy spirit to give me the winning numbers for Baba Ijebu,so we can collect the cash and use it to help the disabled!!!
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Niflheim(m): 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
@todaynatoday,so if I asked you for your name you will quote Harry Potter right?They asked you a question and your answer was to quote proverbs right?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2012
Six days left.
Are christians praying?
If any atheist has been divinely visited pls share ur experience.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind: Six days left.
Are christians praying?
If any atheist has been divinely visited pls share ur experience.

I was divinely visited. I was instructed to continue to be an Atheist so I can expose the sham that is the Abrahamic faiths. grin
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I was divinely visited. I was instructed to continue to be an Atheist so I can expose the sham that is the Abrahamic faiths. grin

Cool!cheesy
The christians must be doing a good jobcheesy

Anyother person want to share their testimony?
The god of shiloh must be on fire today.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
Cry aloud: for he is a god;
either he is talking, or he
is pursuing, or he is in a
journey, or peradventure
he sleepeth, and must be
awakened.
1 kings 18:26

You know I sort of feel like elijah(I know, the ironycheesy) on mount camel, except now god has switched sides.

Honestly, if u really do believe then atleast pray.
Even the priests of baal tried.

O thou (christians) of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt (the lord thy god)?.
Mattew 14:31
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tpia1: 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
what's the thread about?

is it interesting?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1: what's the thread about?

Its about needlescheesy
On a serious note, its about christians testing the substance of their faith.
I reckon since they aren't so successful with that when it comes to fact, they can prove themselves through spirituality which they claim to have.

And who better to prove themselves to than the beautiful atheists of nairaland?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tpia1: 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
and you are. . . . . . .

playing with needles? Dont hurt yourself cheesy
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1: and you are. . . . . . .

playing with needles? Dont hurt yourself cheesy

Dear bring the needles first and lets see who will get hurt.wink
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tpia1: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
see why i keep pointing out the low IQ?

you were the one mentioning needles, now you're getting jittery.

were you forced to type?

anyway, go ahead and hurt yourself, there are nurses and hospitals to treat you.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1: see why i keep pointing out the low IQ?

[b]you [/b]were the one mentioning needles, now you're getting jittery.

were you forced to type?

anyway, go ahead and hurt yourself, there are nurses and hospitals to treat you.

Goodness me!
And u say I have a low IQ.
Yet u can't interpret simple figures of speech?
Lol!

Please what do u think the needles symbolise?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
No atheist on nairaland will be visited by Yahweh cos you all don't deserve Him.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Todaynatoday: No atheist on nairaland will be visited by Yahweh cos you all don't deserve Him.

Okay chicken. Love the way ur wings fly today.
Bye!cheesy
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

Okay chicken. Love the way ur wings fly today.
Bye!cheesy
Keep fooling yourself by saying that there is no God. Yahweh will do whatever He deems fit. He can not and will not bend to your "yeye" rules.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
Todaynatoday: Keep fooling yourself by saying that there is no God. Yahweh will do whatever He deems fit. He can not and will not bend to your "yeye" rules.

lol!
Aren't u tired of giving excuses?
They aren't my rules. The things I'm telling u to do were done by men of god in the bible, and I made clear references to them.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
inurmind:

lol!
Aren't u tired of giving excuses?
They aren't my rules. The things I'm telling u to do were done by men of god in the bible, and I made clear references to them.
The idol-worshipping prophets didn't throw the challenge, Elijah did. so ur "reference(s)" does not stand for anything.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: The idol-worshipping prophets didn't throw the challenge, Elijah did. so ur "reference(s)" does not stand for anything.

Don't let me call u an ode.
Now that's the lamest excuse u've given all week.
Pls if u have run out of excuses then why don't u try answering the questions Niflheim asked u.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 5:06am On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind: Don't u get it? Thats the point of the whole thing. To make unbelievers believe or vice versa.

In the contest on mount camel the people did not believe until the miracle was performed.
Ur god gave moses powers so the unbelieving pharoah and people would believe.
Even when Thomas doubted, he didn't just fall down and die, neither did he become blind. Instead ur bible says god revealed himself to him.

So what is my point? If u really and solely believe from the depth of ur heart that ur god is real, then do pray that before the first twelve days of december come to an end, he would have visited nairaland atheists.

Thanks!

Yes God did it that time because the world then was yet to know him and his powers but now we have the bible to read and learn about God from these past experiences. A lot of testimonies to the power of God abound in our time too so God has no need of continuing to show himself to unbelievers exactly the way he did in those days. In the story of the rich man in hell in the bible, Abraham told him that his brothers on earth had the prophets to listen to so there was no need of sending someone from heaven to go preach to them.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by FXKing2012(m): 5:14am On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind: Hi guys,
I recently created a thread in an attempt at convincing christians to be acting atheists for twelve days. None of them budged though.
I'm cool with that anyway, atleast I learnt a lesson: that one can hardly convince a people to test themselves in a matter contrary to their belief, or rather, to test the concept of being atheists-a behaviour that is very much against the principles of their faith.
But there is something u can test-their God, the very core and matter of their faith!

Judges 6:31, if he be a god, let him plead for himself.

If u read the book of Judges chapter six, specifically verse 17-22 and 39-40, u will notice that Gideon tests God, twice.
In Genesis 15:8-10, Abraham also tests God.
Even Moses, in the incident of the burning bush, tested God multiple times.

What am I defining as a test in this regard? A test is simple proving God's power and absoloteness through divine means manifested in the physical world.

If we look at it like this, then we would notice that even Jesus tested God. In the raising of Lazarus not until after delibrately waiting for a few days, the healing of the centurions servant even though he was miles away for him...
All these are tests and when u combine it with faith, it becomes a test u know u'll pass, or u know ur God will surely pass.
As described in the bible, Jesus always had that confidence about him. He never doubted God when it came to signs and miracles, so I see no reason why any christian should.

It also brings out another lesson: that testing God is not bad but encouraged. It is a good way of boosting ur love and fear for him. Infact it is encouraged that u use this supernatural grace vested on u to do good.

But take a good look at the nairaland christians of today, fighting daily, almost endlessly and most times fruitlessly with atheists most especially. The atheists have no one to defend them but themselves, in fact they are defending themselves. But the christians, u have ur God, the author and finisher of ur faith.

U claim to be dead to sin and to the things of this world, to have this aura of wisdom and divinity.
So why go on in futile and immature rants with atheists? Why do u have to do that when u have divine power, wisdom, and guidance? It sound quite ironic and foolish right?

So here comes my solution, or rather, test.
And do not worry. This is not a test for u, but for God.

I want u to pray to God that in the next twelve days, he will divinely visit all the atheists on nairaland, most conviently through dreams, visions etc. I want u to pray that logicboy would no longer be an incessant critic of christianity, but that God would so arrest his soul that he would be an advocate, a Paul of christianity, or better yet, a Faithboywink I want u to pray God would change the heart and name of manmustwac to manmustpraywink I want u to pray muskeeto would stop being a, well, mosquitocheesy
I also want u to pray that ur God would soften our hearts so we would all confess what has happened to us within these twelve days.

You have no excuse (except cowardice). Remember that even though Thomas doubted, God still visited him. And ur main goal on earth is to win souls not mouth action or money. This is a good way of winning souls, the toughest of them.

Remember, this is not a challenge to u but to ur God, if he is real he will answer u.
And if u really do believe in him, then do pray that this will happen before the 12th of december.

I am seriously convinced this will be a great deciding factor of the two beliefs, one that would make us certain (even if silently in our hearts) of which is the valid one.

Remeber the contest on mount camel? Let ur god prove himself.

I really do hope christians do this. But if u don't then I would have to agree with the guy who said we are all atheists after all.

Have a great, prayerful day. Waiting for my divine visit.

u have reasoned like a real atheist wt no true knowledge or understanding of d bible. May God forgive u.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 07, 2012
alexleo:

Yes God did it that time because the world then was yet to know him and his powers but now we have the bible to read and learn about God from these past experiences. A lot of testimonies to the power of God abound in our time too so God has no need of continuing to show himself to unbelievers exactly the way he did in those days. In the story of the rich man in hell in the bible, Abraham told him that his brothers on earth had the prophets to listen to so there was no need of sending someone from heaven to go preach to them.

Abraham said there was no need, but he didn't say he couldn't. If he wanted to I bet he would have.

Besides, I'm not asking for preaching, but for ur god to prove himself to atheists.
Is that so hard to do?
If u are so close to such a merciful, tolerant, and loving god I'm sure it would not be much of a problem.

What's ur spirituality for when u can't use it to touch lives?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

u have reasoned like a real atheist wt no true knowledge or understanding of d bible. May God forgive u.

lol!
Are u guys so doubtful of ur god?
So faithless?
U really do amaze me.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2012
@Inurmind, ur true purpose of creating this thread is not to have an encounter with God but to "prove" that God does not exist. The thing is that, you do not know God and you don't understand His ways and people like you have to exist in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled. You might not know it but you are just doing His will and you are His subject.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2012
@niflheim, you do not really care about feeding little children cos you are a selfish bloke.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: @Inurmind, ur true purpose of creating this thread is not to have an encounter with God but to "prove" that God does not exist. The thing is that, you do not know God and you don't understand His ways and people like you have to exist in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled. You might not know it but you are just doing His will and you are His subject.

Actually I had made up my mind to be quite tolerant b4 creating this thread. If u read my first post u'll notice that I was very nice, even encouraging.
To me it was going to be a test for christians on the sincere nature of their faith, not neccessarily atheists bashing and mocking christians.

But u guys totally killed urselves with ur lame excuses and vain curses.
U didn't only fail the test but went way below my expectations.

Anyway I don't think I should judge yet. There are still five days left.
Someone brave and believing enough might just pop up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popular "PAMELA WHY" Pastor - Alph Lukau Raised A Dead Man In His Church - Pics / How Can One Draw A Distinction Between Miracles And Magic? / 10hrs Of Praying In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.