Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? (3598 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2012
Atheist:-D:

What is our purpose of existence? To serve God? .
Yes, your purpose is to serve and love God and that's just it. Just think of your life as a gift from God and He has given you a temporary assignment to do on earth.
To suffer on this earth in some sort of sadistic test
Like I said before, your life is a gift from God and you belong to Him. You can only suffer if you don't know your inheritance with God. God seeks those who truly serve Him in spirit and in truth hence your life is a test. Nothing sadistic about that.
[s]Our purpose is defined by ourselves, our parents and our society.[/s]
No. Our purpose is defined by the creator.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2012
Todaynatoday:
Yes, He truly cares about you and if you are willing to believe and accept Him, salvation will be granted unto you.
Being a good "christian" is not for you to give. There's only one who is good and that is God and He decides who truly are His sheep.

Accepting God and believing in Him is a personal choice, no one can force you to change your perception of God.

I'll oblige to your request. But know this, you must truly believe in God if you are to have an encounter with Him. God is interested in those who earnestly seek Him.

Aren't u a teddy.
Thanks!
This thread has wasted too much of my time.

Have a great tomorrow todaycheesy
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2012
Todaynatoday: Yes, your purpose is to serve and love God and that's just it. Just think of your life as a gift from God and He has given you a temporary assignment to do on earth.
Like I said before, your life is a gift from God and you belong to Him. You can only suffer if you don't know your inheritance with God. God seeks those who truly serve Him in spirit and in truth hence your life is a test. Nothing sadistic about that.
No. Our purpose is defined by the creator.

Why does God need us to serve him? If he wants us to serve him why not just command us to serve him? This free will is showing a limitation of God. God has no means to enforce his will on us. We have to accept His will. But since we have a choice He cannot enforce it grin

A test. Why test us if He already knows the outcome? It seems pointless.

I believe this God description is not well thought out. Too many stumbling blocks to make it believeable. If you look closely at God, God is man. Given time there is nothing God can do that man cannot do.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2012

Why does God need us to serve him? If he wants us to serve him why not just command us to serve him? This free will is showing a limitation of God. God has no means to enforce his will on us. We have to accept His will. But since we have a choice He cannot enforce it grin
God loves you that is why He does not enforce His will on you. If He forced us to serve Him, we would just be mindless zombies lacking the ability to truly love Him. He wants us to serve Him without being cajoled.

A test. Why test us if He already knows the outcome? It seems pointless.
Nothing pointless about it. There are two choices, life and death. He knows the outcome of any choice you decide to make.

I believe this God description is not well thought out. Too many stumbling blocks to make it believeable. If you look closely at God, God is man.

Numbers 23:19
New International Version
(NIV)
19 God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he
should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
Given time,[s]there is nothing God can do that man cannot do.[/s]
Man obviously dies and God cannot die
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by UyiIredia(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2012

What new discoveries? Vestigial organs have always been there. Other lifeforms have them too. Genetic illnesses are proof that there is no specific design. Inbreeding etc increases the chances of them. Diversity

We are unique. That I agree with. But so are other lifeforms. All lifeforns are unique. We have achieved a lot because we aee the most evolved but other lifeforms show different forns of intelligence. What about ants and their highly structured and organised societies. Dolphins communicate using ingenious methods. Some apes scan communicate with humabs and even perforn rudimentary tasks. One or two have been spotted using tools.

The vestigial organs 'theory' has been since debunked. Most of the vestigial organs named have since been found to perform important functions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fern And The Bamboo / Photos Of Praying Mood In Both Islam And Christian Religion.. / I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.